Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3600 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:11 pm

Post by Reasonably Psychotic »

Elena: I'm pretty sure either Mastina or yourself *could*be lynched today.

Mastina:you drastically overstating the influence you had on the scum wagons, and understating your efforts to stall those wagons. Unfortunately,this is something I always see you do regardless of alig ment.

NxM: You do realize that a mislynch on mastina gets you lynched tomorrow 100% of the time, right? ;p

With regards to mastina: I don't believe she deserves *any* credit for any of the scum flips/pressure so far; in addition, I can certainly see the kills performed this game, and the sacrifice of two dead weight slots as within her range(your anti-bussing tendencies are irrelevant here, mastina, for reasons you outlined yourself: attempts were made to save Vedith,but it simply wasn't possible, and the robert/ooba/sn slot was essentially DoA(a willingness to sacrifice that slot, the strongman, explains the kill on Drixx as well, since having a 1x/night untargetable strongman makes every protective useless for town, so the mechanical reasons for killing Drixx did not exist). With all that said, I'm not suspicious enough of you to such a degree that I want you lynched, but I do regret not trying to kill you last night. That is, this js a kill to anybody with shots to simplify this game and kill mastina before we're forced to lynch her out of paranoia if nothing else.

PB: mastinas team?
-Yukiteru
Hydra of Amzela(Yuno) and Cerberus v666(Yukiteru)
Couple extraordinaire. What do
you
do for pillow talk?
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3601 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:45 pm

Post by Joan of Arc »

@Gamma If you are gonna be calling out people for being so sure someone is town/scum, then call out N x M slot themselves for doing the same thing. Because I don't want to repeat that they are doing the same exact thing them and you are accusing people of, and people are agreeing with them and their blatant hypocrisy hypocrisy for some reason.

N x M: mastina is no re-evaluating
People: You aren't either
N x M: *ignores*
Everyone else: *takes their side*
Alt of Plumber
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3602 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:50 pm

Post by Joan of Arc »

And I don't care if that's his playstyle or meta or whatever, cos mastina's meta shows she is town and he is still scumreading her regardless. So if he is gonna disregard other players' meta when reading them, his own meta should be disregarded as well.
Alt of Plumber
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3603 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:52 pm

Post by Joan of Arc »

Anf fyi, I was giving him the benefit of a doubt there, and he has squandered it. So yeah, I am back to my old scumread of him.
Alt of Plumber
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3604 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:07 am

Post by Near x Mello »

gamma why are you not voting mastina?
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3605 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:12 am

Post by Near x Mello »

I can understand your comprehension of this game being limited.
But please leave Joan, Chito, and Pink Ball alone. They are all town and not worth you getting distracted over.
Your vote is on RP. RP is not likely to be scum with SM targeting them and then voting them.
Read what im saying about mastina and Elena. Those are who you should be focusing on.
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3606 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:13 am

Post by Joan of Arc »

No, wrong. N x M and Almost50 are the ones you should be focusing on.
Alt of Plumber
Torque
Torque
Mafia Scum
Torque
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3607 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:27 am

Post by Torque »

ooooooooh fuck

Wisdom that was actually pretty good

Don't lynch yet. I'm gonna stop being a lazy sack of shit and actually re-read and make charts like in Railgun. I may not come back today with it but it will happen
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3608 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:38 am

Post by Pink Ball »

@Yukiteru I have mastina, Elena and Gamma as scumreads and PoE.
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3609 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:04 am

So gamma is the consensus lynch for today, yes?

-Yukiteru
you
do for pillow talk?
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3610 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:06 am

Also, I'd sort of like a mass flavor claim today. People can change their rolea tonight, so minimal scum knowledge gained, and having these claims on the record will be useful in determining the likely truth behind action claims for the last two nights.

Thoughts? Objections?

-Yukiteru
you
do for pillow talk?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3611 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:20 am

Post by mastina »

So I really wanna show the writings I did at work both for today and for when I originally wrote the softclaim (you'd be able to tell I wrote it a day before posting it, but for ~reasons~ couldn't get around to posting it until the next day), not for proof I did it or anything so much as because for a long time now I've been wanting to give pragmatic samples of my handwriting to show off. (I've shown off my handwriting before...but it was a forced attempt, where I was writing for the sake of writing--instead of writing what I normally do every single day. I want to show off some of that every-day writing and mafiascum content would be a good way to do so.)

Unfortunately, while we have a scanner, the connection to the desktop was never properly set up, so I won't be able to do that. The only workaround I know is taking a photo, posting it to skype on my phone, then downloading the image on my computer to upload to an image site, but that'd require sending it to someone else and I'd rather not do that. So for now, ah well, no way of showing the original.

Alas.

This is ultimately fluff, though, because I'd probably need to type it up regardless and make small edits here and there, tweaks to it to better give flow to it.

Basically.

Today, I am going to do something, that normally, I wouldn't do.

I am going to go to a length which is far beyond what I normally do. I've almost never done it as town, and, heck, even as scum I've tended to avoid doing it though that is the alignment I've done it more as. It fell out of favor because it was usually more trouble than it was worth regardless of alignment. Yet in this case. Just this once. My patience has worn thin enough where I've deemed it's worth it.

I've got nothing else to do all day (barring the unlikely event of girlfriend time--which, admittedly, could happen; will be a bit awkward if I promise to do this very large, time-intensive stuff, writing up gigantic walls...and then midway through, leave because "oh, girlfriend time, sorry", but OH WELL. I'll take the risk. Girlfriend takes priority over all, but I want to TRY to get this all done before they could call me away). I also don't need to go to bed particularly early, either. So I've got nothing but free time and that means this is something worth tackling.

So let me tell you exactly what I'm going to do, here.

1:
I am going to definitively prove that the Elena-mastina scumteam is an impossible combo.
I have a trump card here that my neighborhood might be able to guess (apparently people skipped over the fact that Elena is part of the Torque-singleton-Dunnstral-mastina neighborhood, but it's not an insignificant detail)--something Elena may not be happy with me (as she's made it clear she doesn't want her role revealed outside of the neighborhood), but fuckit, I'm shutting down this bullshit right here and now, so we can actually lynch scum.

2:
I am going to prove what I promised my neighborhood earlier today.
When I was at work, I laid out the bare bone basics. Essentially, that Wisdom's case is shit, ignoring key parts of my post history which were inconvenient because they shot his narrative full of holes--including a rather notable chronology problem in his narrative. He made points which when looking at the time, fall apart because the timing's wrong.

3:
I am going to prove why the Drixx kill is evidence that I am town.
By showing why I'd never kill him N1; I can quite extensively prove this with the requisite time because it has strong backing behind it. The Drixx kill beyond all doubt is evidence I am town because Drixx is never a player I kill N1 under ANY circumstance. Not even if he claimed a cop, frankly. But more on this when I actually make the point.

4:
Most importantly of all, I know for a
FACT
that SuperfluousNinja tilted because of me.
I will demonstrate exactly why. Now, mind you. I will admit. Proof of him tilting because of me does not prove I'm town, because I can't prove he wasn't a scumbuddy being tilted because of me. But the fact that he was tilted because of me should be strong evidence I am town, and I can show it quite easily. I WILL fucking prove the tilt was because of me, guaranteed. This, mind you--the reason I say this is the most important of all--is the whole fucking reason I'm doing all of this. The whole reason I am doing this, because there should be absolutely NO fucking realm where I am EVER in ANY fucking risk of ever being mislynched, thanks to what happened.
I wouldn't be bothering to prove I'm town if it weren't for this. Because this, and this alone, should be fucking reason enough to know that mislynching me is literally doing the scum's work for them because they know that the tilt was because of me just as well as I do.

5:
I am going to respond to all other posts.
Especially Cerb, since he should fucking KNOW better and know precisely why I am town here when I launch into tirades like I am. Fuck "I can do it as scum", fuck "not alignment indicative", fuck "not outside her scumrange", I can do anything as scum but there's the matter of what I WILL do as scum and he should fucking know that when I am this passionate about something and when I am pushing this strongly there is a fucking STRONG reason nigh-impossible to fake as scum for it.

But more than him, because this will take me hours to accomplish, and because I've already got two pages' worth of posts to address (including Cerb's flavorclaim idea; I have thoughts on that but I'll get around to them once I am done with all of the above), I'll have more to do even once I finish those. Especially since, due to the time this will take, there will no doubt be Near x Mello posts responding to these posts--warranting me responding to their responses.

And I'll be doing these things in about that order, so get ready for it and have some patience; each of these points will probably take me 1-2 hours each, meaning about 10 hours spent total, give or take a little. (And that's assuming I work continuously, since there is a limit to my stamina; that is literally my only limitation here, in fact. But I don't think breaks will be long to delay that much further.)

Trust me; it'll be worth the wait.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3612 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:28 am

Post by mastina »

Oh whoops.

I forgot a point.

I
knew
there were supposed to be six.

This'll be around point 3 or 4, bumping the SuperfluousNinja to 5th priority and the response to other posts as the sixth priority. (Or maybe I'll do it after SuperfluousNinja, because it'll be switching from defense to offense, rather than defense-offense-defense.)

It's something you could technically say is part of the "Wisdom's full of shit" point, but it is separate enough that it is worth being its own, given the difference.

6:
I will be full casing Almost50.
Compiling the entirety of the case--the REAL case, not Wisdom's misrep of it--in one spot so it's all together as a single entity. Including posts I neglected to mention aside from vague references the first time around.

This is technically speaking one of the most important parts, but at this stage permanently shutting down the mastina lynch is high enough on my priority list that the rest is included anyway, because as long as Near x Mello is fucking gamethrowing like this by pursuing the player who is literally the most town in the game right now (or as town as I can possibly get anyway given natural scum competency) and as long as they get even an iota of support, we're not fucking lynching scum like we should.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3613 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:48 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3609, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:So gamma is the consensus lynch for today, yes?

-Yukiteru
I gave you your options, don't color outside the lines
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3614 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:12 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3214, mastina wrote:That said:
In post 3149, Tatsuya Kaname wrote:
PUBLIC EVENT
mastina becomes Loved!

Until the end of Day 3, mastina requires one more vote to be lynched!
This was not from any action of mine; I didn't do this. I don't know who did it, either, since nobody in my neighborhood has yet claimed responsibility for it.
In post 3384, mastina wrote:
In post 3214, mastina wrote:That said:
In post 3149, Tatsuya Kaname wrote:
PUBLIC EVENT
mastina becomes Loved!

Until the end of Day 3, mastina requires one more vote to be lynched!
This was not from any action of mine; I didn't do this. I don't know who did it, either, since nobody in my neighborhood has yet claimed responsibility for it.
Someone from the neighborhood did in fact claim responsibility for this, explaining where it came from.
In post 3527, mastina wrote:
In post 3524, Near x Mello wrote:Town you would be all over her due to poe if nothing else
Ehhh fuck it. Elena's a member of my neighborhood and I have damn good reason to believe she's town from content within. There.
These are not unrelated.

Elena was the one who made me Loved today.

The reason that this is proof that I'm not scum with Elena is quite simple:
If I were scum with Elena, then I was the one who had her target me to become Loved. I'd know it in advance, because it was my doing.
Mind you, as scum I'd never allow Loved to be used on scum; it is far better used for towncred by targeting a town player and making them Loved. A win-win scenario; if you get towncred, good for you; if you are lynched, it makes them look like your scumbuddy. I wouldn't allow scum to use a positive action on a scumbuddy like that, unless I was planning on leaving the positive action unclaimed altogether.

But I can't prove that, even though it is stupendously self-evident because it's just common fucking sense.
I can't prove that I would never allow a scum player to make their scumbuddy Loved...

...But I CAN prove that I'd know it in advance, that if it were my doing, I'd have been prepared.
How?

Simple.

Because I posted .
Why does that prove that I didn't know about the action in advance?

Because as scum, I will deliberately go inactive until my scumbuddy has claimed responsibility for the action.
And that?
THAT, I can prove...because I've done it no less than twice, recently.

When the worst got a guilty result on Kokichi Oma, on Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:33 pm, I had an opportunity to post in the game thread; Kokichi Oma was a scumread, so I'd be obligated to bus-vote him...but I didn't want to. That being July 4th (a holiday that if memory serves causes the Y to close entirely), I am fairly certain I wasn't at work that day (though I'd have to do a little more research to check); I had every opportunity to post...but I held off until after Kokichi Oma had claimed, at Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:14 pm.

In fact.

Checking my online activity--this took a while to find, but is worth it.
Proving I was online and active around that time, to read it and NOT post, deliberately?

Subject: Lynch the Wolves: Mod PT
mastina, at Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:10 pm wrote:
Oath wrote:Sorry... another question

If I target a player to Drain (assuming it would be successful) and am targeted by someone else for the kill that same night will I qualify for revival?
Answer:
If you have not successfully drained in the game, then if you drain someone the same night you are nightkilled, you will die.

If you have successfully drained in the game, then it doesn't matter if you drain someone the same night you are nightkilled; you have succeeded in draining, and thus you will not die.

A successful drain is defined as your ability not having failed (e.g. being roleblocked, being jailkept, target being ascetic, target commuting, target being rolestopped, and numerous similar failure methods).

However, you are given no way of knowing the difference between your ability having failed, and your ability having succeeded yet simply targeting someone that did not have an ability you could copy; both would, identically, produce the same result of, "Unfortunately, you did not receive any abilities."
That was before Kokichi Oma posted.

I stalled, because I knew it'd be more convenient for me to come in after Kokichi Oma had claimed something.

(Keep in mind that for the last year, little bit longer in fact, I've been skimreading everything I have investment in BEFORE logging online to read it again/respond to it when applicable. So said post at 3:10 pm was after I'd been reading the thread enough to know what was going on.)

But wait!
There's more.

Another game showing that trend of deliberately waiting until my scumbuddy posts before I myself post.

You can check out the interaction here to see it. And the beginning of the in-thread post.

They were both at around the same time, Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:15 pm--PT first, before thread...
...And then
I kept posting in the scum PT
This post was made Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:57 pm, meaning I had a chance to post in the game thread...
...But
I held back
, because
I was waiting for NicoRobin

And I even
ate a prod
for my ruse. I fucking ate a prod, to avoid having that insider info. To wait for NicoRobin to claim her result.
RC gave the results on Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:08 am.
I didn't post, rather deliberately, until she claimed her result, at Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:16 pm.

I went out of my way to avoid posting before the roleclaim.

That is how I operate as scum. Those are the two immediate examples I can think of from recent scumgames, but if I bothered to do the research further I'm sure I'd see that same exact trend in other scumgames of mine--where I wait for my scumbuddy's action to be claimed (the action I had them submit) BEFORE I react to it.

Yet here I reacted to it before Elena claimed it...
...Because I had no awareness of the action...
...Because we are not scumbuddies.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3615 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:20 am

Post by mastina »

Also, for reference, Elena claimed responsibility for the action on Wednesday, not too terribly long after (a few hours).

Let me tell you about my work schedule that Wednesday.
I started work at 2:30 pm (I always leave an hour early, so that meant leaving circa 1:30ish) and worked until 9 pm--I happened to forget my phone that day, so I had no way of checking mafiascum during that time. I did post prior to leaving, and intended to post once home, too. (Although I was kept away from posting, regrettably, for reasons.)

If I were scum with Elena, I wouldn't have posted before work at all; I'd have a perfectly viable excuse. Nobody would expect me to post on mafiascum before work, because on literally every other day of the week I wait until after work to post. There was no need for me to post right then, because I had every intention, every plan, of posting that evening. I'd lose nothing by waiting those hours, but gain the chance to explain where the Loved came from fluidly, promptly, and without delays.

But because I'm not scum with her, I was surprised to see that I was Loved just as much as everyone except for her was. And that was something I needed to address. I had woken up early enough to check mafiascum, and decided to post (if memory serves me, I posted during the half hour I was waiting for my pill to take effect prior to eating breakfast since the pill requires me to eat exactly half an hour after taking it and I didn't feel like spending that time asleep)--but as scum, I could have gotten away with not posting and simply waited.
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3616 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:22 am

Post by Near x Mello »

In post 3609, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:So gamma is the consensus lynch for today, yes?

-Yukiteru
Nope. That's mastina and elena. Pink Ball and Almost agree, and it looks like Torque and you are starting to get it as well. Don't ruin it.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3617 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:27 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3614, mastina wrote:Mind you, as scum I'd never allow Loved to be used on scum; it is far better used for towncred by targeting a town player and making them Loved. A win-win scenario; if you get towncred, good for you; if you are lynched, it makes them look like your scumbuddy. I wouldn't allow scum to use a positive action on a scumbuddy like that, unless I was planning on leaving the positive action unclaimed altogether.

But I can't prove that, even though it is stupendously self-evident because it's just common fucking sense.
Actually, thinking about it.

I CAN prove it.

It's from one of the same games I referenced, in fact.

It's called I claimed Loyal Gladiator--a trueclaim if you invert Loyal to Disloyal--and used that role every single day I was able to.

A role which was basically, quite literally, treated as a mislynch doctor.
A role keeping the town from mislynching, because after I gladiated a person they would just no-lynch.
A role which generated conftown every single day.

I used liberally.

Because that's how I operate as scum.

I forbid using beneficial actions on scumbuddies, and encourage using detrimental actions on scumbuddies, to set up false associatives and prevent the town from locking down the scumteam.

So that's TWO reasons that Elena and I aren't scumbuddies.

Yes that doesn't prove beyond all doubt we're both town, but at least on the mastina side of things I can prove I'm not scum further.
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3618 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:44 am

Post by Joan of Arc »

In post 3616, Near x Mello wrote:

-Yukiteru
Nope. That's mastina and elena. Pink Ball and Almost agree, and it looks like Torque and you are starting to get it as well. Don't ruin it.
Wait till she is finished and READ her points, THEN say she is scum. Until you do, no one will listen to you.
Alt of Plumber
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3619 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:07 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3588, Near x Mello wrote:Let's look at the contribution:
Yes, let's.

Let's look at it all, and not just the select posts you gave for your specific narrative.
In post 481, mastina wrote:
In post 349, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also SSBF proly town
Nooooo not really. He's not a scumread but he's the closest thing to being one without being one.
For context:
In my readslist D1, I was
really
struggling to form reads.

I made this VERY well known, that I had:
-My strongest townread was a mid-tiered townread;
-Most of my townreads were weak
-The VAST majority of the playerlist were various shades of null
-I didn't have many scumreads at all.

So when I said "closest thing to being a scumread without being one".
That meant "near the absolute bottom of my reads list--and absolutely worth lynching".
In post 651, mastina wrote:
In post 616, Dunnstral wrote:Wow, this game is not very interesting for me for some reason
Yeah I said something to that effect in my PT, so. Can verify--not in the same sense, way it manifests for me is quite different, but it's there as a thing.
In post 639, Spike and Jet wrote:are you trying to get us nked n1 bro
In post 630, Spike and Jet wrote:
In post 602, Vedith wrote:Should I claim?
Yeh, Vedith is definitely town.
With reads like these?

Nahhh you're good, bro. You're living for a long, long time with reads like those. A VERY long time.
Here, I further hinted at my trouble gathering reads; when I said I was having trouble with the game and could empathize, that was what I meant. I also called Spike/Jet's townread on Vedith a bad read to have.
In post 653, mastina wrote:I don't particularly have townreads, so much as I have "not groupscum" reads combined with "I don't want to lynch these people yet" reads, with the people in my lynch list being more "I'd be willing to lynch here" more than real proper scumreads. (Well, for most except maybe some of my bottom four. Particularly Cerb.)

Fair's fair when it comes to sharing tho, and I've been meaning to get this into the thread for a while.

Robert2424
Joan of Arc
Dunnstral
Almost50
Gamma Emerald
Super Smash Bros. Fan/Vedith
Near x Mello
Asking for a friend/Pink Ball
Toogeloo
Reasonably Psychotic

People above this point in my readslist are in the "point of being where I don't think they're groupscum".
The top of this list is "players who I don't want to lynch yet"; the middle of this list is "people who I'd be okay with lynching as a compromise", and the bottom four are preferred lynches.
So my reads aren't exactly in a better state I'll freely admit that but they're diametrically opposed to pretty much all of Creature's right now.
Further outlining a willingness to compromise on Vedith as a lynch.
In post 654, mastina wrote:
In post 652, Chito and Yuuri wrote:Chito: Mastina, would you like to join our team and put your vote on Vedith?
Honestly my hopes aren't high that he'd be scum. Quite the opposite I kinda think he's town. I'll vote there to get a lynch, especially since we don't
need
to use every day on our deadline (it's a week away), but I just kinda feel like.

Well. We shouldn't drag the day out just for the sake of dragging the day out. But I just am hoping that
something
, ANYTHING, productive can come of today? When I don't think it will right now. Like, I don't want to drag the day out if it won't accomplish anything, but my fear is that ending the day early also won't accomplish anything.

And my only reason to really vote Vedith is to get that lynch now, to end the day earlier rather than later.

It just feels like we need something, and I'm not convinced a flip alone gives us that something.
Here my objection to voting Vedith was that we wouldn't get information--an objection that came prior to my Pink Ball push; once I had pushed Pink Ball, something productive
had
come from the day, with me having turned a scumread around (I have proof I wasn't scumreading Pink Ball at the end of the day) and with said Vedith flip, having cemented the foundations of it altogether.

I promised I'd vote Vedith when there was reason to--and I followed through on that promise.
In post 656, mastina wrote:
In post 653, mastina wrote:Super Smash Bros. Fan/Vedith
Near x Mello
Asking for a friend/Pink Ball
Toogeloo
Reasonably Psychotic
Btw, for some clarity on my feelings there. Yeah I know my reads aren't great.
But I still feel there's a minimum of one scum in here--and actually feel it's at least two. It could be as high as three.
I'd be flabbergasted if I got four (I'm never that good), but this would be an
incredibly
off game if there wasn't at least one in there.
Reasonably Psychotic and Toogeloo are the strongest two, so my best bet, though honestly Near x Mello might be my third-strongest there.

Vedith is, by far, the weakest, in that while I didn't think SSBF's content was good, I lack the meta familiarity to give context for his play, and Vedith here is harder to read but vaguely gives off some :goodvibes: overall.
He's a compromise read more than anything else.
The bolded is important--I made it very fucking clear that I knew I couldn't get a Reasonably Psychotic lynch. I knew my vote there was a waste, that I would need to move it. It was a statement more than anything else. I would need to compromise, I would need to vote someone who was a lesser scumread.

Near x Mello ran into the same problems as Reasonably Psychotic; even though I was scumreading them, I would never have gotten a lynch there on D1. That left three compromise options: Vedith, Pink Ball, and Toogeloo. Toogeloo, the consensus was, "hey mastina, if you can make a case there we'll follow", but I didn't have the energy for that and knew it--leaving Pink Ball and Vedith as the realistic options.

Remind me which of them I chose?

Oh yeah.

Vedith.

Because Vedith was my compromise lynch option, and I did exactly that--I compromised on lynching him. You can see me outline this philosophy for Pink Ball here:
In post 923, mastina wrote:
In post 880, singletonking wrote:mastina, since you're scumreading Vedith and Pink Ball, why aren't you voting either?
You apparently didn't read right if you thought I was scumreading Vedith.

As for why not Pink Ball, I realize it might seem a little difficult to grasp given that I have pushed so hard on Pink Ball, but--he is actually my
weakest
scumread. The scumread I am
most
likely to be wrong on. The scumread I have the least confidence in. The scumread who is the most likely of my scumreads to actually be town. (That is, incidentally, part of the reason I pushed him in the first place, mind you.) I'll vote him, but he's not my preferred lynch.
And it is no less true for Vedith than it was Pink Ball--he was the 'scumread' I was most likely to be wrong at during end of day one (wasn't really a scumread, even), but I was willing to compromise there; I was willing to lynch there.
In post 927, mastina wrote:
In post 924, Chito and Yuuri wrote:Chito: Mastina-chan you should join us on Vedith-kun
In post 923, mastina wrote:
In post 880, singletonking wrote:mastina, since you're scumreading Vedith and Pink Ball, why aren't you voting either?
You apparently didn't read right if you thought I was scumreading Vedith.
In post 656, mastina wrote:Vedith is, by far, the weakest, in that while I didn't think SSBF's content was good, I lack the meta familiarity to give context for his play, and Vedith here is harder to read but vaguely gives off some :goodvibes: overall. He's a compromise read more than anything else.
In post 654, mastina wrote:
In post 652, Chito and Yuuri wrote:Chito: Mastina, would you like to join our team and put your vote on Vedith?
Honestly my hopes aren't high that he'd be scum. Quite the opposite I kinda think he's town. I'll vote there to get a lynch, especially since we don't
need
to use every day on our deadline (it's a week away), but I just kinda feel like.
And my only reason to really vote Vedith is to get that lynch now, to end the day earlier rather than later.
So it's not that I won't join you, it's that I just would prefer not to.
My preference was lynching Reasonably Psychotic--a lynch I knew I wouldn't get.
When I said I would prefer not to, it was exactly that; preference. But when you compromise, you make sacrifices and allow things that would normally be against your preference to happen.
In post 939, mastina wrote:
In post 934, Torque wrote:Mastina do you mind casing Cerb slot or something or have some sort of meta from him I can read through because i respect that thats where you want to lynch but it's a useless vote if you don't do something about it
Oh I hold no illusions about getting a Cerb lynch today. My vote's more of a statement than anything; the longer I can keep it there, the clearer my intent to follow through there will be. I don't have the energy to case him today (and by that I mean this day phase), to be honest; some things are just...more fatiguing than other things.

He's my strongest scumread, but I don't think I could ever get a lynch there on D1. If I had some support
prior to
me writing the case, then writing the case to get others on board with the idea would be worth it. But with no support prior to the case, even if I write the case, it won't garner the support necessary.

My efforts would be better spent casing Toogeloo or maybe, maybe, MAYBE Near x Mello. A Cerb scumteam pretty much never nightkills me N1 (frankly I'd be flabbergasted if a Cerb scumteam did; it
might
have happened
once
--need to double-check that--but if so that game's the exception to the general rule where he doesn't), so it's not a high-priority thing for me. I can write the case on any day prior to my nightkill, and I generally have a fairly decent sense of when I'll die.

I'm not gonna die N1 this game (unless to a lolvig), so I can afford to wait. Now, for players like Toogeloo though, I'd be happy to case them, though I don't have the energy to case him today (and by that I mean real life day). Cases are fatiguing regardless of on whom. A Cerb case is ten times more fatiguing than a Toogeloo case, but a Toogeloo case still is too much for me to manage today. (Did you know that Saturdays are
supposed
to be my rest day? My day off? I used to have a permanent V/LA on weekends where I wouldn't post much if I posted at all. There's good reason for that; I get burned out easily if I don't take the time off.)
Here I lay it out more explicitly even.
Clear as day.
I say.
"I can't get my scumreads lynched today."
I can't get my scumreads lynched--
What does that mean?

I go for people who aren't my scumreads, but aren't my townreads.
Players who I don't think will flip scum, but am willing to vote because they
could
flip scum.
Players...like Vedith, who was just above my four scumreads at that point in time.
In post 962, mastina wrote:
In post 941, Torque wrote:The list of people I want to lynch is something like {Vedith, Gamma, Near x Mello, RP, Drixx, Pink Ball}
If we got a "one add, one subtract", our lists would be identical, with the name subtracted being Drixx and the name added being Toogeloo.

You don't need to convince me to vote Vedith; I'll vote there when deadline's within 48 hours or if I feel there's a strong compelling reason to end the day earlier than that.
Wisdom conveniently left out this post which was pretty fucking important because it doesn't get more blatant than this.
I outright said that "I am willing to lynch {Vedith, Gamma, Near x Mello, Reasonably Psychotic, Toogeloo, Pink Ball}". That's literally what I said.
I literally said I needed no convincing to vote Vedith.
I literally promised.
Fucking PROMISED.
That if we hit under 48 hours, or if there was a compelling reason to do so earlier, I'd vote Vedith.
In post 998, mastina wrote:Basically I raised a LOT of good points, but I know just as well as anyone that just because a point is good, does not mean a point is
right
. The debate wasn't whether there were reasons for you to be scum--there were--but rather, whether those reasons were accurate. That? That was the near-tossup.

Incidentally I PMed the mod with why this actually bears some relevancy to this game.
In post 996, Torque wrote:All I'm getting out of this entire interaction is Vedith is probably town unless Vedith and Pink Ball are both wolves because he doesn't have any motivation to say his counterwagon is a town when Pink Ball has this much pressure on him currently
This may surprise you but my take is actually the opposite; Vedith taking the stance that Pink Ball-mastina's TvT in the way he did was actually a
blow
to his already-sparse towncred for me...
...And if he's scum, it's because Pink Ball isn't.

Vedith-Pink Ball here is never scum-scum to me.
That PM I mentioned? That was me outlining to the mod that I was having severe doubts on Pink Ball and was beginning to suspect he was town, more or less. I paraphrased it in the neighborhood PT (it's what Torque townread me for because he thought I couldn't do it as scum, but like I said, I can and have, so).

But the important part of the post was here.

I explicitly said.

"Vedith taking the stance that Pink Ball-mastina's townVtown hurts his chances of being town; if he's scum, Pink Ball isn't".
Note I didn't say that if Pink Ball were scum, Vedith wouldn't be. That would've conveyed much the same meaning, but with a different connotation.
I specifically said if Vedith were scum, Pink Ball wasn't--because THIS was the point where the shift was happening in my reads.
In post 1085, mastina wrote:I did promise to do this while we got under 48 hours tho:
Vote: Vedith
And exactly as I fucking said I would.
I compromised on Vedith.
Because I promised I'd vote there to get a lynch.
In post 1086, mastina wrote:Also, Drixx wagon is horribad.
Mind you I couldn't go into detail while snowed in, but I did what little I could to shut down the Drixx wagon while limited as extremely as I was. Because the Drixx wagon was something I knew should not go through.
In post 1166, mastina wrote:
In post 1114, Morality wrote:
In post 1113, Morality wrote:I don’t want Drixx, Mastina, Vedith, or Gamma today.
VOTE: Pink Ball
I might be wrong on one of them, but I don’t think more than one from that group is scum, and eventually figuring that out can be a major boon to the town. With a day left, I don’t want to sit on Not Voting.
I can tell you Drixx is town, so the real question would be Vedith/Gamma. I can tell you I
believe
Gamma's town and
I don't have that same townread on Vedith
, but I can't say that's a strong read.
Here I push towards the Vedith lynch--I say that I don't have the same townread on Vedith, making him a better lynch.
In post 1180, mastina wrote:
In post 1174, Torque wrote:His claim is from a 2007 show and i could be wrong but the sequel isnt after 2010 either
Also, if you recall:
Subject: Anime U-Pick: King Size [FULL! PM TO REPLACEMENT/SPECTATE]
mastina wrote:Question.
In post 0, Tatsuya Kaname wrote:Note that any anime that is a sequel to those that aired before 2010 is not allowed (sorry Sailor Moon Crystal and UQ Holder fans).
Can I loophole abuse this with a prequel? :P
mastina wrote:Also question.
Is an anime that's a different adaption of the same source material eligible? That being, an older anime is for the material, but there's a new anime for the same source material which isn't picking up where the old one left off and is starting from scratch?
Tatsuya Kaname wrote:
In post 32, mastina wrote:Question.
In post 0, Tatsuya Kaname wrote:Note that any anime that is a sequel to those that aired before 2010 is not allowed (sorry Sailor Moon Crystal and UQ Holder fans).
Can I loophole abuse this with a prequel? :P
Prequel and sequel is merely the same thing. :P
In post 33, mastina wrote:Also question.
Is an anime that's a different adaption of the same source material eligible? That being, an older anime is for the material, but there's a new anime for the same source material which isn't picking up where the old one left off and is starting from scratch?
As long as myanimelist.net doesn't identify that as a sequel/prequel/whatever, then fine, you can use it.
This seems relevant.
Wisdom mentioned this, but what he neglected was that I did MORE:
In post 1181, mastina wrote:In other words, This is what the mod said they'd use. That search is what the mod would see.
In post 1182, mastina wrote:And, yes.
Premiered: Fall 2007
Aired: Jul 16, 2008
Premiered: Fall 2008
Aired: Jul 1, 2009
Aired: Sep 15, 2007

Not a single one of those is 2010 or later; the latest of them was 2009.
Also since Wisdom included this post, let me address it:
In post 1246, mastina wrote:(Still don't think Vedith's flipping scum, by the way. Just, think he's the lynch candidate who gave us the best chances of flipping scum.)
Anyone who thinks this was an attempt to dissuade the Vedith wagon blatantly Didn't Do The Fucking Research, because just by clicking on that post, you'd see it was after the fucking lynch. I literally snuck past the mod, after the mod had already posted the final votecount, because the mod forgot to lock the thread, so I got a chance to get in some last-minute posts.

Wisdom presented that post as an attempt to dissuade people from lynching Vedith...but Vedith was WAY beyond dead at this point and I knew it. I wanted to get in some pre-flip gloating of "told you he was town". I was wrong, yeah, but that was what motivated my posting right there.

Ergo.

Wisdom's case was absolute shit.
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3620 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:10 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

no whats absolute shit is you trying to blah blah your way out of obvscum country
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3621 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:13 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

im not going to respond to a single word mastina posts

if someone thinks mastina made a good point, talk to me about it and ill tell you why it isnt
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3622 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:15 pm

Post by Joan of Arc »

All right, you said it. How about this then?
In post 3619, mastina wrote:
In post 1246, mastina wrote:(Still don't think Vedith's flipping scum, by the way. Just, think he's the lynch candidate who gave us the best chances of flipping scum.)
Anyone who thinks this was an attempt to dissuade the Vedith wagon blatantly Didn't Do The Fucking Research, because just by clicking on that post, you'd see it was after the fucking lynch. I literally snuck past the mod, after the mod had already posted the final votecount, because the mod forgot to lock the thread, so I got a chance to get in some last-minute posts.

Wisdom presented that post as an attempt to dissuade people from lynching Vedith...but Vedith was WAY beyond dead at this point and I knew it. I wanted to get in some pre-flip gloating of "told you he was town". I was wrong, yeah, but that was what motivated my posting right there.
Alt of Plumber
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3623 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:17 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

non point
okay, its after the vedith lynch so its not part of his stalling posts
but the overall point remains
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3624 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:20 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3619, mastina wrote:Here my objection to voting Vedith was that we wouldn't get information
And this is something that anyone who fucking knows me is something I will defend to the death.

I will keep the town from lynching scum prematurely if I know the town won't get good info from the lynch--and will only okay it when I feel either we have no choice (no more time remaining), or that there is now information to work with.

This is readily and easily verifiable as a staple of my towngame in fact. The stubborn insistence of "yes, we lynched scum, but we fucking lynched scum TOO SOON". Probably most infamously, in Biochemistry, while I thought Ginngie might be scum, I
didn't want to lynch her
, because I
wanted her to contribute more
. Because I knew that contribution would end up spewing information. Either she bussed for towncred, or gave away her scumteam; we'd come out ahead regardless. And to this very day I remain bitter about that because yes the correct fucking play was waiting for that information, then.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”