False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3700 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:56 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3697, mastina wrote:I never make promises I don't intend to follow through on.
Site search tends to suck for specific words, but if you get lucky.
You might be able to get a lot of hits for "as promised".
By searching my name in mafia games. mastin*, as to catch all accounts.

Worth a try.

I fucking follow through when I promise something.

So from the moment I fucking promised to vote Vedith.

I was going to fucking vote Vedith.

Because I fucking keep my word, regardless of alignment. Heck, scumastina's even more big on keeping her word; for her, the truth is her largest weapon so she makes the most possible use of it. She gives no possible excuse that can be construed as having broken her word, because she knows that people will call her a liar and lynch her if she doesn't do exactly what she says she will.

I couldn't do anything but vote Vedith, once I said I was going to vote Vedith.

But you can't fucking ignore.
How if I were scum.
I could have simply.
Just not promised to vote Vedith.
Said, "I might vote him".
Said, "if forced to, I could vote him".
Hedged it.
Been wishy-washy about it.

But no.

I committed.
I fucking promised.
And did exactly what I said I would.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3701 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:56 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3699, Near x Mello wrote:Because you were commited to your tunnel(s) and didnt want to stray
Explicitly so, yes.
Never said otherwise, did I?
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3702 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:04 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 3698, mastina wrote:
In post 3696, Pink Ball wrote:if I were the D1 lynch, you could talk about contribution, since you were hard pushing me, and I was Vedith's counterwagon. Even if you realized I'm town and you said you were trying to "get reactions" from me, you would've been the n°1 reason Vedith gets saved by letting me get lynched instead.
It wasn't get reactions from YOU.
It was reactions from OTHERS. (Well, yes, you, but MOSTLY from others.)
Specifically, the useful reaction was Vedith's.

I never voted you, did I?

Precisely.

Because I never intended to lynch you.

You were at equal votes to Vedith.

Me voting you would've tipped the scales in favor of your lynch over his.

That I didn't do that.

Is itself.

Contribution to the Vedith lynch.

NOT helping your wagon.
Pushing you but NOT contributing to your lynch.
Contributed to the Vedith lynch.

You'd have a point if I voted you.

But I fucking didn't.
Miss me with that political shit argument that because you didn't vote me but pushing me instead was a contribution to Vedith's lynch. That's ex post analysis, mastina, not ex ante. Your intentions are not defined by how things went, but how things could've gone. And it's pretty clear that even if you didn't vote me, your push was the biggest reasons I would've been the D1 lynch. And that would've saved Vedith. Game set and match.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3703 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:07 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Wow that was a really cool phrase, I should put it as my signature.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3704 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:09 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Done. Quoting myself is cool
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3705 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:29 pm

Post by Reasonably Psychotic »

Hey everyone.

It's Yuno/Amz. i apologize for ghosting everyone. Life is still kind of hectic. Still working 10+ hour days and in the process of getting ready to move.
I still want to play but given that I'm over 120 pages behind, I will probably just be starting from here.

Cerb has kind of kept me in the loop. Not really. I know Mastina's made massive wall posts and that there was a Town slaughterhouse night. I'm going to be mostly focusing on figuring out the deaths and hopefully isoing. Haven't caught up on who's replaced out yet.

It's just been super busy and I apologize. But I'm back hopefully.

I know that Cerb has told me that other people were asking for this head to make judgments but I've also been told we're pretty much being town read so there's that. If people want to ask questions for this head, please do. Yup.

Yup.

-Yuno
Hydra of Amzela(Yuno) and Cerberus v666(Yukiteru)
Couple extraordinaire. What do
you
do for pillow talk?
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3706 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:31 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Awww you're a sweetie aren't you! Cerb, you dog!
Torque
Torque
Mafia Scum
Torque
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3707 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:36 pm

Post by Torque »

*pets Yuno*
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3708 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:36 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

After a long reread to get things clear... I'm pretty much convinced mastina flips scum. I have outed my case on mastina in one of my channels and I'm not using that now 'cause I think mastina knows EXACTLY
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3709 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:49 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

I don't fucking know what the hell happened or what I pressed to post that before I finished my post.

Anyway, I think mastina knows EXACTLY why I'm scumreading her, but she won't talk about that so I'm giving some other useful stuff:

1. Torque isn't dead because he's pocketed by mastina. Torque's reads have been pretty solid all the game if you reread his ISO.
2. mastina's vote on Vedith was before Vedith's claim. After Vedith's claim, singletonking called him out for being an anime aired before 2010. mastina posts this after that:
In post 1166, mastina wrote:
In post 1140, singletonking wrote:^Possibly scum regardless of Vedith's alignment ()
I mean.

Won't hear any disagreement from me!
After that post, mastina posts about when that anime was aired, and then minutes later, Vedith admits he was lying. To me, seems like it was preplanned by them to give towncred to mastina, since people ALREADY REALIZED it was a pre 2010 anime thanks to singletonking, AND MASTINA ABSOLUTELY KNEW THAT SINCE SHE REPLIED TO STK ABOUT SOMETHING RELATED TO THE CALL OUT.
In post 1245, mastina wrote:
In post 1238, singletonking wrote:On another note I wonder why he got lynched without the mod answering my question, and I for some reason disliked Torque's vote
You shouldn't, since it was a Torque/mastina combo pressure which resulted in the lynch without the answer. :P

(Basically, Torque half-proved Vedith was faking, I sealed the deal.)
And here's another post that proves mastina trying to get the credit she didn't deserve and at the same time pocketing Torque.
3. This post:
In post 1207, Vedith wrote:
In post 1206, mastina wrote:Oh scum were getting away no matter what considering none of our wagons today have been on scum.
:up:
After Vedith admitting he lied, mastina said that none of the wagons that have been on scum. Brainfart, from scum.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3710 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:51 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

So if people don't start voting mastina, I'll post my actual case on her, something she will try to deny with verbiage, but with no real reasoning behind other than "your case is reachy", but it's actually mastina scumreading herself, so it's really great, you should stick around and watch how it goes.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3711 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:32 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3702, Pink Ball wrote:Your intentions are not defined by how things went, but how things could've gone. And it's pretty clear that even if you didn't vote me, your push was the biggest reasons I would've been the D1 lynch. And that would've saved Vedith. Game set and match.
That's like saying gambits are defined by what could have gone wrong with them, not by what actually happened with them. The logic you're using is the same; intentions are identical.

Suffice to say I disagree with that and have been a strong proponent of that.

What could happen means fuckall of nothing.
What did happen means everything.
In post 3709, Pink Ball wrote:Anyway, I think mastina knows EXACTLY why I'm scumreading her, but she won't talk about that
Hard to talk about something you don't actually know. Maybe if I were scum I would know, but because I am not, nope, not a clue.
In post 3709, Pink Ball wrote:1. Torque isn't dead because he's pocketed by mastina. Torque's reads have been pretty solid all the game if you reread his ISO.
Torque isn't dead because Torque is not a high-profile kill for anyone this game, to my knowledge.

Heck, Torque was a total unknown to me before this game; how many people actually know of Torque in this game?

I sure didn't, and if I didn't when I know almost everyone.
That means most people wouldn't.
In post 3709, Pink Ball wrote:2. mastina's vote on Vedith was before Vedith's claim.
Are you trying to prove I'm town?

Because it's working if that's your point; voting before Vedith's claim is fucking proof of what I was saying; I didn't contribute to a doomed slot; I was contributing well fucking before the slot was doomed.
In post 3709, Pink Ball wrote:After Vedith admitting he lied, mastina said that none of the wagons that have been on scum. Brainfart, from scum.
I don't brainfart as scum.

Like I said.

You trying to prove I'm town?

It's working.
In post 3710, Pink Ball wrote:I'll post my actual case on her, something she will try to deny with verbiage, but with no real reasoning behind other than "your case is reachy"
Considering the amount of time/effort I spent shutting Wisdom down, you really think that?

:lol:

Bring it on.

I've spent over seven fucking hours today on this game.

What's three, four, more?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3712 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:40 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3711, mastina wrote:I sure didn't, and if I didn't when I know almost everyone.
To put that in perspective.
The only players this game I don't have intimate experience with.
Are Chito/Yuuri (both heads), Torque, and SuperfluousNinja (a replacement).

Literally everyone else I know.

I may not have omniscience enough as to be aware of all the happenings in every game, but I have almost omnipresence enough where I am aware of almost all players in spite of not knowing the details of the games. I've seen everyone on at least one occasion if not more. But not them.

That means I wouldn't go out of my way to pocket them--they're people I don't know, so why would I be targeting them for a pocket? I aim my pockets at known, controllable variables. People who I am confident I can manipulate; unknowns are people who I have zero knowledge on how I can handle them.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3713 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3711, mastina wrote:Bring it on. I've spent over seven fucking hours today on this game. What's three, four, more?
(Offer not valid past 1:30 am. I can stay up late tonight--I can't pull an all-nighter tonight. Offer also not valid on Monday, and probably not Tuesday, and I'll need to check my work schedule to see for Wednesday. I can only put the time in when I actually have the time to spare. I had it today, have it now, but if you post it while I'm working all day, well then. Can't exactly do anything about it.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3714 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:45 pm

Post by mastina »

Yep, checking my schedule, confirmed. Offer not valid Monday - Thursday. Quite valid on Friday tho; bring it on and I will answer it in full.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3715 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:47 pm

Post by mastina »

(Offer also not valid Saturday because I've got a staff meeting, but offer still quite valid next Sunday, although that does admittedly bring us close to deadline. STILL. There you have it. Offer stands on Fridays and Sundays. Case me, bring it on in full, I respond in full.)
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3716 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:59 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Lol go to sleep mastina. It's 4 in the morning here, I'm not dropping my case now and I think I'll drop while you're busy sadly 'cause I wanted to do like a "final showdown" kind of gimmick with you like Javert vs Jean Valjean, but hopefully we will be able to do it
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3717 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:05 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3716, Pink Ball wrote:Lol go to sleep mastina.
Can't for another hour minimum. Physically can't go to bed before midnight.

Also may get girlfriend time (not looking likely, but it's POSSIBLE), so that's worth staying up.

I'd be doing something more in here right now with that time if I hadn't done everything I could do.

I could reformat the Almost50 case to be more readable, but that's about it; I guess I could case Gamma Emerald, but that's more of Chito/Yuuri's endeavor rather than mine.

I accomplished literally everything I set out to do today, and in half the time I was expecting.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3718 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:11 pm

Post by mastina »

(Also, there's something to be said for quality drop in being proactive.
When I am reactive, I can stay up much later; in reactive posting, I am just as effective at 3 am as I am at 6 pm.

But proactive posting, well, even by the time of the Almost50 case I was starting to be a little fatigued. I had the idea for the case but I couldn't structure it properly; it's sloppy as a result. By that, I mean. I can respond to anything posted right now--and to that posts, I will form a coherent response that is 100% effective. But left to my own devices, with no posts to respond to, with me making content on my own without prompting, that content's not coherent and is only like...50% effective.

Being proactive takes brain power; being reactive is more instinctual and takes far less. It's honestly why I am usually a reactive player rather than a proactive player just as a general trend. In my old age, I've come to prefer being lazy and in my old age, I've come to find conserving as much strength as is possible allows me to function in the game of mafia and not suffer from burnout nearly as easily. This game's an abnormality in how proactive I've been. Heck, I'm the second-highest post count, a stage I almost never ever ever reach; I've got a two-page iso that's well on its way to the mythical 3 which I've only broken in less than a handful of times.)
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3719 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:38 pm

Alright.

I think you're done now, yes Mastina?

First off, Vedith.

Agreed that your vedith vote/the entire situation does indeed match up as a compromise lynch on the slot. I can't say with certainty that your points re:not voting PB at all are indicative of you as town, but I will concede that your vedith vote is less buslike than I originally viewed it.

The SN situation...you're still wrong about. Yes, you mentioned them as a possible lynch all the time, but you did not PUSH them. Same with vedith really. Neither of those slots were actively PUSHED by you for the vast majority of the time they were alive. Mentions of suspicion, expressions of willingness to vote them, but your lynch attempts have been on myself and FL, and now A50.

So, still. Giving yourself more credit than you deserve, but still NAI.

Now, the drixx kill. I find your arguments against why you'd kill Drixx to be incomplete. Historically, when Drixx and I are not hydraing, we've been able to identify one another as town fairly quickly(though our natural paranoia does keep us from utilizing that as effectively as we could). A kill on Drixx is not, for scum!mastina, a kill on Drixx - it's the removal of the potential for Drixx and I to work together(in a game with hoods, where we could theoretically ALREADY be working together unbeknownst to scum!mastina). As you had chosen to go after me early on, obviously a kill on me was out of the question, so Drixx it was. This, of course, is assuming that the threat of us working together is notably greater than the threat we represent individually, but I'd like to think that's the case.

With that said: that same logic applies to A50.

I see the A50 situation, I really do. If I'm wrong about the mechanical likelihood of all knowing scum, then we're *still* looking for a schemer in this game, as I still don't see A50's early play as coming FROM THEM. Am I just completely off base in that regard in your opinion?

Mass flavor claim: I agree with whoever said it would be a distracting from active scumhunting happening today. I disagree that there's any benefit to doing it tomorrow over doing it today, and renewing it tomorrow, with it being a full claim.

Essentially, there's certain characteristics AT LEAST ONE scum slot has, or else some of my abilities are just troll powers that can only hurt town.

Learning who has those characteristics will help me put together a pool of individuals who are suspects BY VIRTUE OF THAT ALONE, and see how that matches up with other PoE.

-Yukiteru
you
do for pillow talk?
Chito and Yuuri
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3720 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:44 pm

Post by Chito and Yuuri »

Chito: Okay well there's a bunch of wallposts. My initial inclination, indeed I think the inclination of most people, is to kinda tune them out frankly.

Wallpost catchup part 1:
Spoiler:
But they exist, and theoretically there is some amount of useful content in at least some of them. Let's find out.

3614: Mastina: "I'm not scum with Elena because Elena made me loved and this surprised me." -- kinda a weak and wifomy argument but I'm not really in love with mastina/elena scum team anyway

3615: This post can be skipped

3617: this post can also be skipped

3619: This post is actually kinda gross because you have edited 651 to make it seem like you were putting a lot of emphasis on Vedith when you also commented on pink ball and cerb. Aside from that 'I was clearly willing to compromise on Vedith' which is fine but that's not the same thing as a push so w/e that's kinda immaterial to the argument that you were misrepping your interactions with Vedith d1

I also don't get why you would PM the mod that you're second guessing a read? That's just weird

okay so that's page 145.

3630: 1 is wifomy bs, 2 is wifomy bs, and also you arguing you 'might have killed joan' is laughable but also irrelevant

3642: This post is basically "read page 130 and decide if mastina SN is w/w, I don't think it is" -- like, okay that can be your argument, but I'm not even sure I agree. I mean SN's posts are so fucking weird that I don't know I can casually rule out overplayed theater. Considering how Joan/Mastina played Story Revisited, overblown scum theater is like mastina scum 101.

ok that was page 146

3654: Ok. First of all, why the fuck does everyone assume there IS a scum mastermind? Scum have been getting destroyed this game so arguing that there is a scum mastermind calling the shots is frankly unsubstantiated wifom. There's no evidence that there is a scum mastermind, all we've seen so far is scum imploding. That's one of the main reasons I've been saying it's Gamma; Gamma's play largely matches the trajectory of a directionless, imploding scumteam. This insistence from everyone that there's a deepscum mastermind I think has related in some of the dumbest, worst pushes this game.

Also your argument that scum has to be REALLY GOOD to pull off behind the scenes manipulation in a game with a billion PTs is nonsense.

OK can I just take a break here.

Mastina, if you write a fucking post like 3654 again, I will lynch you just for town sanity. Like, it is not okay to write something that looks like this:

Spoiler:

In pure aesthetics, this looks like complete garbage. It's not okay mastina. You are not allowed to spam multiquotes of your own posts unspoiled. It looks awful.

No one is reading all that shit again who would not simply just read your iso.

When you actually get back to comprehensible content, you argue 590 looks bad (it does), but you double down that 825 also looks bad when it comes down to A50 townreading Vedith. Yes, A50 was demonstrably wrong on Vedith. That in and of itself does not make him scum and repeating the point with like three different quotes does not make your argument more convincing. I feel like the point is actually weaker with you repeating it so many damn times because I start tuning you out.

OK and then we get this:

Spoiler:

Mastina, 3654 is the ugliest post, aesthetically, I might have ever seen on this site. If you keep writing posts that simply *look like garbage* and I mean that on the level of pure visuality, you're going to get lynched. In the scenario that you are town, you need to stop writing ugly posts. In the scenario that you're scum, you should also stop because if you're scum I'd rather lynch you because you're scummy and not because I gag when I look at your posts.

Back to AI things, wallpost catchup part 2:
Spoiler:
Also, stop saying that Drixx and Cerb scumread A50 for "mechanical" reasons when there isn't an iota of fucking mechanics there, they're saying he's scum because his votes on day 1 look bad. Hate to break it to you mastina but having shitty looking day 1 votes is pretty common for town too. Deadsheeping two players on a weak point does not make your point more convincing, nor does repeating that point 4 different times.

If you make any good point in this mess, it's that given A50 said he should try to sort Gamma/Robert/Elena, he probably should have done more to actually do that. I guarantee you most of the players did not read you making that point though because it was in your ugly as hell "big font" section.

You're right that A50's trajectory from 1457 to 2545 looks bad in juxtaposition, although there was also a significant amount of game time between those points. It is worth wondering about how A50 got to the point of making 2545 I guess.

You also argue that A50 has been unusually passive with his votes.

Okay, and that concludes the worst post, visually, that mafiascum has ever seen.

3655: this can be skipped since it is literally just 3654 with a fixed tag

3661: You're townreading Elena because she made you loved -- uhh, mastina

MECHANICS != ALIGNMENT

So giving Elena a "1 day pass" because she made you loved, which apparently is a big part of your argument, flies in the face of most of your own arguments.

Indeed, robert was in your PoE.

1516 is indeed one reason that I don't particularly want to lynch you right now which I know is what is driving Near up the wall.

1539 also looked pretty good to me.

This post actually does serve as a pretty good reminder of why I don't particularly want to lynch you.

*random explosion at RP at which point no one else needs to read the rest of this post*

3670: Can be skipped

Page 148 can also be skipped

okay I think I have survived these posts. I'm not going to pretend I read every word because I didn't and no one should.

Here is the TL;DR of all this noise:
A) Elena made Mastina loved, and for no reason that isn't complete garbage this means mastina thinks Elena is off the table for today.
B) editing is almost enough to make me flip my read of you (mastina) given that the whole argument against you is that you are misrepping your past interactions, so it's incredible you would edit a post to change the emphasis you put on vedith
C) All your reasons to say you can't be scum because of NKA are pure noise. I'm not saying that to say you're scum, I'm saying that to reinforce that you are spewing a lot of *pure noise* which is making it easy for people to think you are simply trying to disrupt the gamestate with spammy walls full of garbage.
D) A significant part of your push on A50 apparently is based on the unproven premise that there is a "scum mastermind" and you apparently think that the "scum mastermind" must be lynched today rather than simply lynching the player that is objectively the most scummy. This seems like terrible logic.
E) You also think A50 is scum because he has been passive with votes and because he flip flopped on his Flavor Leaf/Morality read. These are decent points--but again, I don't see how they make A50 the scummiest person in the room, when these arguments apply to Gamma except x10. I also will address this point at the bottom of this post.
F) Mastina, if you keep writing posts that make everyone in the thread want to stop reading, like 3654 -- which might be the worst post ever in terms of design -- you will get lynched simply out of exasperation.
G) You keep misusing the word "mechanical" and that's also annoying and it makes it really easy to ignore almost everything you say about Cerb and Drixx.
H) and are probably the main reasons I would prefer to lynch Gamma over you right now. If you are town, it is mainly because of posts like that, where you actually seem to have a comprehensible read development.

So having read all of that, mastina you are making things worse for yourself, you are making it actually harder to spot the few good points you make about A50 which will help us have a real conversation about him, and you are caught up in a poor premise that it seems is turning this entire game into a dick-waving contest that everyone has to be the one to catch the "mastermind" rather than just catching scum.

In regard to your best points about A50, simply put, you yourself just modded Ballroom Blitz, where AP made passive unvote posts like: viewtopic.php?p=10700080#p10700080

But you are right that he does tend to *revote faster* even in Ballroom Blitz, and that he has been unusually passive this game.

So arguing A50 is scum from meta because his votes are too passive seems like it just isn't really that good of a reason to me. And saying that A50 is scum because, over the course of 1000 posts, he flipped his read on Morality, is like... WTF how are you focusing on that and *NOT* making Gamma your top priority?

I don't think you pushing A50 is totally insane, I don't think A50 is obvtown from your perspective (if you are town), and I still am not totally in love with the idea of you being scum, even though -- to be clear -- I really did not want to read your wallposts and seriously considered flipping you just so that, if I did read them, I could do so while already knowing your alignment.

So please, please stop writing posts that look awful. Condense your points and stop, stop, stop multiquoting yourself, and never, ever use the "large" font size again please. Thankies.

gdi even my TL;DR is too fucking long 0.o
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3721 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:54 pm

Post by mastina »

Actually, I guess that counts as a productive point to raise.
In post 3539, mastina wrote: There maaaaaay be a mini normal or two not included, all alts are excluded, any hydra I didn't post on my main is excluded, but this is a pretty extensive list of my scumgames.
I think I also forgot to include Encore Mafia, which was a recentish but important scumgame.

My point is to check those games and see which ones I was proactive in and which ones I was reactive in.

Mystery box was reactive; I never took initiative and everything I did was in response to something else.
more songs was mostly reactive; I did take initiative
briefly
to mislynch Robert, but even there I wasn't the only drive; all I did was push the town in the right direction and sit back and watch the fireworks unfold.
A Story Revisited was entirely reactive; my whole scum plan that game REVOLVED around my reactivity and basically improvising on the fly.
Minuet's Trio, I didn't contribute enough to really tell but I'd say more reactive than proactive; the closest I came to proactivity was pushing the other N3 vig as scum and even that was a weak push.

Turn of Camn might be proactive. Hard to say for sure, but hey. Let's give benefit of the doubt and count it as a proactive scumgame.

XP Mafia, reactive; I was flying by the seat of my pants near the end. The closest I came to being proactive? Proactively bussing my scumbuddy, because I knew Kokichi was competent enough to not get lynched.
Organization XIII, reactive to the extreme; it was kinda my thing.
Inventions Mafia, reactive by necessity; being constantly, consistently, neverendingly behind and struggling to stay afloat tends to do that to you.

I'm not sure if I succeeded in it, but in newbies as an IC I always try to set the best example and I consider being proactive a better example than being reactive so regardless of whether it shows or not I am counting Newbie 1814 as a second proactive scumgame.

WWF was multiball where literally everyone was scum; I was proactive there but multiball means it's a bit invalid because scum have incentive to scumhunt proactively--and I had a nightkill-immune role, so I knew I could get away with it. Let's call it .5 of proactive.

Mystery at King's Landing, I have never managed to recreate my success here in spite of efforts to try. I'm not sure if it counts as proactive from an objective standpoint but from my subjective standpoint hell yes. So that means count's at 3.5.

Civilization Mafia I made a grand total of two posts in the game thread, and worked entirely behind the scenes otherwise; reactive.

Green Day UPick, by the looks of it, I'd call that proactive? I remember the behind-the-scenes work more than I do the actual in-thread work. I thought it was reactive but the in-thread posting suggests proactivity. I guess it's 4.5 then.

Star Wars Rogue One was reactive as hell.
UNI MUM, pretty sure that was reactive.
Disney Villain I was fighting a siteflake; that automatically puts this in reactive territory.

Inorganic Chemistry, pretty sure that was equal parts both but has enough proactive to count as 5.5.

molliegeddon, I was emotionally compromised; reactive.
World of Mafiacraft, lategame replacement cruising to easywin; reactive.

Newbie 1465, same as 1814, automatically 6.5.

NY 172, I was busy fighting tooth and nail to the brim in Tales of You. I literally was sacrificing EVERYTHING for Tales of You, school included and mafia games included. As a result, this one was de facto reactive; I simply didn't have time for anything else.
Paranoia, by necessity, was reactive.
Book of Shadows, by virtue of following Titus's plan, was reactive.
Attack on Titan was reactive.
Left 4 Dead was infamously reactive; I bussed my scumbuddies and asked them to bus me, barely survived D1, and got cop guiltied but discredited the cop with my antics.
264 was, by game mechanics, necessarily reactive.
Kinda hard to tell for 242; vaguely I recall being reactive there since I know I was disadvantaged the entire game and lost it fairly early.
241 was reactive.
226 I seem to recall being known-to-scum, unknown-to-town multiball; in spite of that, I think this was a reactive game.
1530 I flaked from; reactive.
Theater Season, I flaked from; reactive.

195, I think might be proactive? So that'd be 7.5.
1378, newbie, auto-proactive; 8.5.
Anything Goes, also proactive although with Katsuki and with a "fuck the mod this is fucking bullshit" mindset, was hard not to be. :P Still, 9.5 regardless.

Shadows and Light was multiball, but was also reactive.
The Walking Dead, reactive.
Void Mountain Nightless, reactive.
Buzzword Bingo, reactive.

116 looks proactive, so, 10.5.
Pretty sure Mind Reader was proactive, so, 11.5.

Playing With Fire, reactive.
/in-vitational, reactive.
Politics Mafia's null-and-void as I died immediately.
Discworld Mafia was reactive.
And Encore Mafia was also reactive.

Of my known scumgames in the last five years, that's more than I thought; 11.5 / 45. About 25% of my scumgames have me proactive then.

It would take me a significantly longer amount of time to separate out and compile all the towngames from here.

There is almost (not quite) 200 results to search. Many are as a reviewer; some are as a moderator; some are games I didn't play in; there's at least one third party game in there, maybe two. And there's the scumgames too. But with 45/200 scumgames, and probably about that same number when you combine reviewers/moderators, that's probably ~100-110 towngames to try and search for whether I was proactive or reactive.

May or may not keep that up since we're approaching midnight.
Chito and Yuuri
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3722 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:55 pm

Chito: ohhh the broken tag you mentioned in 3655 was the large font tag. Alright I shouldn't have complained so much about that, but I guess it goes to reinforce my point that there was *so much shit* in 3654 and simply saying "oh let me fix that tag" did not actually work to make it clear that we should just not read 3654 because it was unintentionally ugly. So sorry but not sorry, 3654 was still awful looking because of the spammy self multi-quote that makes the whole post easy to just tune out.

pedit: oh dear god there's another one
Chito and Yuuri
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3723 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:57 pm

Chito: you get that no one is going to take you self-metaing an argument that you're not proactive as scum seriously when you spend every other post saying you can do literally anything as scum right

like why are you bothering to self-meta yourself, no one is going to buy it and it's just another pointless distraction
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3724 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:59 pm

@Chito: Valid point that the game doesn't require someone planning behind the scenes; nothing has occurred that's especially impressive from the scum team.

-Yukiteru
you
do for pillow talk?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”