False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3725 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:59 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3719, Reasonably Psychotic wrote: A kill on Drixx is not, for scum!mastina, a kill on Drixx - it's the removal of the potential for Drixx and I to work together(in a game with hoods, where we could theoretically ALREADY be working together unbeknownst to scum!mastina).
I think the very fact that I didn't so much as bring this possibility up is sufficient proof that the thought never crossed my mind.

So regardless of whether I am town or scum.

I can tell you Drixx wasn't killed because
I
thought to remove the you-Drixx synergy.

Again shown because if I had so much as thought of this at all I'd have brought it up; I didn't because I legit never thought of that.
In post 3719, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:I see the A50 situation, I really do. If I'm wrong about the mechanical likelihood of all knowing scum, then we're *still* looking for a schemer in this game, as I still don't see A50's early play as coming FROM THEM. Am I just completely off base in that regard in your opinion?
Maybe I was wrong about my reactive self being able to work at 100% when this tired because I can't parse this in a coherent fashion; I don't understand what you're saying here.
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3726 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:05 pm

Post by Reasonably Psychotic »

In post 3725, mastina wrote:
In post 3719, Reasonably Psychotic wrote: A kill on Drixx is not, for scum!mastina, a kill on Drixx - it's the removal of the potential for Drixx and I to work together(in a game with hoods, where we could theoretically ALREADY be working together unbeknownst to scum!mastina).
I think the very fact that I didn't so much as bring this possibility up is sufficient proof that the thought never crossed my mind.

I

Again shown because if I had so much as thought of this at all I'd have brought it up; I didn't because I legit never thought of that.
In post 3719, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:I see the A50 situation, I really do. If I'm wrong about the mechanical likelihood of all knowing scum, then we're *still* looking for a schemer in this game, as I still don't see A50's early play as coming FROM THEM. Am I just completely off base in that regard in your opinion?
Maybe I was wrong about my reactive self being able to work at 100% when this tired because I can't parse this in a coherent fashion; I don't understand what you're saying here.
Naw, I'm just being lazy and using imprecise language.

I still maintain that in a universe where A50 is scum and the scum team DOES NOT have any explicit channel spying powers, A50 does not warn the entire game to watch what they say in the channels because he or anyone else could be in there without them knowing. If we're in that universe, there (imo) must be someone else on his team who was the source of that particular line of play. Am I completely off base in thinking that scum!A50, in that universe, does not do what he did?

With regards to Drixx/me: Eh. Fair, I guess?

-Yukiteru
Hydra of Amzela(Yuno) and Cerberus v666(Yukiteru)
Couple extraordinaire. What do
you
do for pillow talk?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3727 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:22 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3720, Chito and Yuuri wrote:3619: This post is actually kinda gross because you have edited 651 to make it seem like you were putting a lot of emphasis on Vedith when you also commented on pink ball and cerb.
I always highlight the relevant parts--yes, there are other parts that I cut out and yes there are other parts that I don't emphasize, but that's because I highlight the areas that are actually pertinent to my point. If I make a wallpost containing reads on every player, do you expect me when coming back to reference it to quote the entire thing, or just the part of it that I need?

...Precisely the same principle here.
In post 3720, Chito and Yuuri wrote:I also don't get why you would PM the mod that you're second guessing a read? That's just weird
Multiple reasons.
1: at the time I wasn't sure I could trust my neighborhood with my thought processes. I certainly couldn't trust the main thread.
2: I felt like a dick pushing Pink Ball that way, and I wanted to record
why
I was pushing him that way--I wanted to have a record of, "this is why I am doing that; it serves a good purpose".
3: I am egotistical and like to record my thoughts.

I have an established track record of doing it in prior games as both alignments mind you. (Well, kinda sorta as scum. Not quite the same, but close enough.)
In post 3720, Chito and Yuuri wrote:3630: 1 is wifomy bs, 2 is wifomy bs
Hey remember when I laughed at SuperfluousNinja for using that term and held a level of smugness for it?

There's damn good reason for it.

Because when I say I literally wrote the fucking book on WIFOM.

It's not Hyperbole.

Go read that and see if you can guess what I think of discrediting attempts because of "that's wifom".
In post 3720, Chito and Yuuri wrote:Considering how Joan/Mastina played Story Revisited, overblown scum theater is like mastina scum 101.
It isn't.
That was specific coaching advice to Joan--I was trying to make her do in
that
game what she's done in
this
game.
Read Joan's posts in this game.

And that is what I was
trying
to make her due in that game.

It was something specific to her.
It was me specifically trying to manipulate
her
meta, her posting, so that she was in tune with her towngame.

I have no such experience with SuperfluousNinja.

So no.

Don't go calling overblown scum theater as scumastina 101 from one fucking example you don't fucking know the context of.
In post 3720, Chito and Yuuri wrote:First of all, why the fuck does everyone assume there IS a scum mastermind?
Multiple reasons.
1: experience. There is almost always a scum mastermind.
2: Gut feeling. The signs of a scum mastermind feel like they are present.
3: The nightkills. The nightkills point towards a more conniving scum player.
In post 3720, Chito and Yuuri wrote:Mastina, if you write a fucking post like 3654 again
I won't, because that was a result of broken code.
Read instead, where the tag was fixed.
In post 3720, Chito and Yuuri wrote:Also, stop saying that Drixx and Cerb scumread A50 for "mechanical" reasons when there isn't an iota of fucking mechanics there
What's not mechanical about saying "Almost50 has a scum role cackling like a maniac" (more or less)?
That seems pretty blatant to me.
In post 3720, Chito and Yuuri wrote:You're townreading Elena because she made you loved
Nope!
In post 3720, Chito and Yuuri wrote:So giving Elena a "1 day pass" because she made you loved, which apparently is a big part of your argument, flies in the face of most of your own arguments.
It would if that were the actual reason; it is not.
In post 3720, Chito and Yuuri wrote:In regard to your best points about A50, simply put, you yourself just modded Ballroom Blitz, where AP made passive unvote posts like: viewtopic.php?p=10700080#p10700080
But you are right that he does tend to *revote faster* even in Ballroom Blitz, and that he has been unusually passive this game.
Yes, that was my point.
Almost50 doesn't need to unvote and then immediately vote someone else.
But he does when unvoting need to not just
do nothing
with it.
And for that matter when voting to not just
do nothing
with it.

Yet here he is.
In post 3720, Chito and Yuuri wrote:and never, ever use the "large" font size again please.
Maybe never judge a post that was broken into the large font only because of a fucking typo; the post is quite normal with that font error removed.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3728 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:27 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3727, mastina wrote:If I make a wallpost containing reads on every player, do you expect me when coming back to reference it to quote the entire thing, or just the part of it that I need?
For that matter.

If I make a post on a player who is already flipped, do you expect me to leave the bits in about that already flipped player when they are just fluff?
They get in the way of the point; I cut them out.

If I make a post on a player who my read has had a total reversal on, do you expect me to leave the bits about the obsolete read in there when bringing them up might give players the impression I still hold that read?

No, I cut it out because I want to emphasize points that are
relevant to now
, and points that are relevant to now are points that contain information that is valid about a player now--points that continue to remain valid even when other points are rendered obsolete.

I cut out the parts which weren't part of my point, because they weren't necessary to convey the point.
I expect people to go back and click the link to the original post for context; it's just lazy of them to not do so. I just cut out the unnecessary parts so that people can get what I am referring to quickly and easily, with the original post they go back to serving as a way of verifying.

It's simply efficient.

I do it in literally every fucking game I play and have been doing it this entire fucking game; why are you only now noticing this? It's literally an integral part of my playstyle and has been part of it for fucking years.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3729 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:30 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3728, mastina wrote:I do it in literally every fucking game I play and have been doing it this entire fucking game; why are you only now noticing this? It's literally an integral part of my playstyle and has been part of it for fucking years.
Like literally every single player in the game can verify this.

Fuck even Wisdom would if he's not being a total douchebag vouch for the fact I do this literally every fucking game.

It's just efficient. It's a space-saver. It cuts down the length of quotes and removes things that are not pertinent, not relevant, to the point being made, allowing for emphasis to be placed on the parts that are important.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3730 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:38 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3726, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:
In post 3725, mastina wrote:

I

Naw, I'm just being lazy and using imprecise language.

I still maintain that in a universe where A50 is scum and the scum team DOES NOT have any explicit channel spying powers, A50 does not warn the entire game to watch what they say in the channels because he or anyone else could be in there without them knowing. If we're in that universe, there (imo) must be someone else on his team who was the source of that particular line of play. Am I completely off base in thinking that scum!A50, in that universe, does not do what he did?

With regards to Drixx/me: Eh. Fair, I guess?

-Yukiteru
I think you're putting way too much weight on this and don't think it makes him look town
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3731 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:39 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3726, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:I still maintain that in a universe where A50 is scum and the scum team DOES NOT have any explicit channel spying powers, A50 does not warn the entire game to watch what they say in the channels because he or anyone else could be in there without them knowing.
If I'm reading that right.
Isn't that a given?

That Almost50 would, regardless of his alignment, actually have the claimed power?

It's not exactly something he can fake having (especially if scum lack daychat/lack access to a channel), and the contrary problem exists; he can slip having it and as Dunnstral showed, may have done so already.

There's no realm where he doesn't have the power.

There's just the question of town or scum with it.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3732 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:11 pm

Post by mastina »

Also.
In post 3630, mastina wrote:I have gone on record, multiple times, and can quote from multiple sources.

Both of these things.
You would never call these wifom if I actually did this, would you?

At this point, I'm a little too tired for the proactivity required to track them down, but.

I can cite multiple fucking posts in mafia discussion where I outline those two philosophies, across multiple threads.
I can cite multiple fucking games, as both town and scum, where I outline the logic in there as well--particularly as scum, where my modus operandi self-evidently backs up my statements of what I do as scum versus what I don't do.

You can find them yourself even, not too hard. For instance this is a stupidly self-evident one, found just by looking for a thread on the subject of shooting PRs as scum; I outline my philosophy there in one sentence; you kill the most valuable PRs not but hunting for them but by shooting who you want to, fuck PR hunting.

I also recently talked on discord on the subject of killing people who're wrong rather than people who're right, too, but it's elsewhere as well. In MD and also in at least one prior towngame where I used this logic to push a player as scum. (Don't remember if I was right or not.) Actually, now that I think about it, I do remember it.

It's somewhere in my iso this game, referring to Nibbui's reads:
"You don't kill the player when they are right, you wait until they are wrong and THEN you kill them". I said that somewhere in that game. (Mind you I was wrong butstill that shows that I believe in that philosophy and am not bullshitting it. It doesn't matter if YOU, PERSONALLY, disagree with the philosophy; the fact is that
I
believe it, and have a proven track record of believing it, and because I believe it, it is evidence that proves my innocence because my belief in it means I wouldn't break that rule.)
Chito and Yuuri
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3733 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:12 pm

Post by Chito and Yuuri »

In post 3727, mastina wrote:
In post 3720, Chito and Yuuri wrote:3619: This post is actually kinda gross because you have edited 651 to make it seem like you were putting a lot of emphasis on Vedith when you also commented on pink ball and cerb.
I always highlight the relevant parts--yes, there are other parts that I cut out and yes there are other parts that I don't emphasize, but that's because I highlight the areas that are actually pertinent to my point. If I make a wallpost containing reads on every player, do you expect me when coming back to reference it to quote the entire thing, or just the part of it that I need?

...Precisely the same principle here.
Chito: No. Editing out the parts where you said someone's reads were bad because they had two other scumreads you disagreed with is a terrible idea when you are being accused of recreating a different narrative than is reality to make yourself look better for manipulative reasons. It's not even kinda the "same principle"
In post 3727, mastina wrote:Multiple reasons.
1: experience. There is almost always a scum mastermind.
2: Gut feeling. The signs of a scum mastermind feel like they are present.
3: The nightkills. The nightkills point towards a more conniving scum player.
1. No, there isn't "always" a scum mastermind.
2. There are a lot more signs of town cannibalism than scum masterminding.
3. No, they don't.
In post 3720, Chito and Yuuri wrote:Also, stop saying that Drixx and Cerb scumread A50 for "mechanical" reasons when there isn't an iota of fucking mechanics there
What's not mechanical about saying "Almost50 has a scum role cackling like a maniac" (more or less)?
That seems pretty blatant to me.
what the fuck happened to role != alignment?
In post 3720, Chito and Yuuri wrote:You're townreading Elena because she made you loved
Nope!
Well that's how you made it seem; what do you see in her posts that she liked? You make it seem like she's done something incredible in the PT but nothing in her iso in thread seems particularly TI, particularly given her insistence this is her "tryhard" account.
In post 3727, mastina wrote: Almost50 doesn't need to unvote and then immediately vote someone else.
But he does when unvoting need to not just
do nothing
with it.
And for that matter when voting to not just
do nothing
with it.

Yet here he is.
This is probably your best point but it's not enough to convince me A50 is a better lynch for today over Gamma or for that matter Elena, who your townread of is currently unconvincing.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3734 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:26 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3733, Chito and Yuuri wrote:It's not even kinda the "same principle"
Except it fucking is. I do it in literally every fucking game all the time because it is just so intuitive.
In post 3733, Chito and Yuuri wrote:No, there isn't "always" a scum mastermind.
Sure, there isn't always a scum mastermind (not what I said), but there
almost
always is (what I did say).
In post 3733, Chito and Yuuri wrote:what the fuck happened to role != alignment?
Role != alignment always applies; it is an argument that no role is inherently, in of itself, just by nature of being that role, a town role or a scum role.
Roles can be alignment indicative off of other factors, where role != alignment doesn't apply.
And when the co-kings of mechanical scumhunting both have reasons to suspect that there is a scum role that allows for the scumteam to view every single PT.
That is a damn good reason, because it is a factor other than the role in of itself. The role in a vacuum wouldn't be inherently town or scum; the role outside of the vacuum with the stimulus Drixx and Cerb see
would
be.

When both co-kings of mechanical play suggest the same thing, on their own, having reached the conclusion individually rather than together.
That's pretty compelling reasoning for it being something.

Roles never directly equal alignment.

To put it this way.

Let me put it in a simple example.

I am not going to call a roleblocker a scum role. I am probably right to not make that call because town roleblockers are common enough a role.

However, in a game with a town cop and a town doctor...when I see a roleblocker claim, I am going to be suspicious it is a scum roleblocker. And I am going to almost assuredly be right to make that call because of the setup.

Do you see the distinction between the two?

That is the difference here. Drixx and Cerb have setup-oriented reasons for believing Almost50's claimed role is a scum one--the equivalent of a roleblocker claiming when a town cop and town doc are known to exist in the game.
In post 3733, Chito and Yuuri wrote:Well that's how you made it seem; what do you see in her posts that she liked?
I don't have the energy to explain this. But basically, there's a process there that strongly indicates a town mindset and thought pattern. It's difficult for me to describe when losing coherency.

There's just good reasons there.
The neighborhood can back me up there that I'm not bullshitting this.
Dunnstral and Torque both know what I'm referring to and singletonking would vouch in much the similar way (if not stronger than us; I believe he'd do it more than anyone else in fact).
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3735 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:29 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3734, mastina wrote:I don't have the energy to explain this. But basically, there's a process there that strongly indicates a town mindset and thought pattern. It's difficult for me to describe when losing coherency.
Also runs into the problem of I'd have to paraphrase her posts without her permission (which is ugly) and without getting too close to her original post (because I am deathly afraid of getting modkilled this game and don't want to cross any line).
Chito and Yuuri
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3736 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:44 pm

Post by Chito and Yuuri »

In post 3734, mastina wrote:Except it fucking is.
Chito: Except no it isn't. It's not a "convenience" thing if you are trying to towncase yourself based on your early game interactions and then you then adjust those interactions to make your play look more explicitly protown. Like you're making it really easy to understand why Wisdom is scumreading you because you keep misrepresenting your early game interactions. I'm not even saying you're for sure scum for that post I'm just observing that it looks gross. Given your willingness to spam multiquotes of yourself in literally the exact same post, it makes 0 sense that you then would decide to snip away the parts of one post in particular that doesn't fit your narrative. You can either spam literally everything you wrote word for word, or you can paraphrase, but editing your own posts to make them look better is just distracting and annoying especially when you are ALSO spamming every other post word for word.
In post 3734, mastina wrote:That is the difference here.
Drixx and Cerb have setup-oriented reasons for believing Almost50's claimed role is a scum one
--the equivalent of a roleblocker claiming when a town cop and town doc are known to exist in the game.
The same Cerb that has maintained for most of the game that despite the spec about his role A50 is town, right?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3737 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:34 am

Post by Dunnstral »

A50 is over 50 years old, stop treating him like a kid, he can make big boy plays all by himself
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3738 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3601, Joan of Arc wrote:@Gamma If you are gonna be calling out people for being so sure someone is town/scum, then call out N x M slot themselves for doing the same thing. Because I don't want to repeat that they are doing the same exact thing them and you are accusing people of, and people are agreeing with them and their blatant hypocrisy hypocrisy for some reason.

N x M: mastina is no re-evaluating
People: You aren't either
N x M: *ignores*
Everyone else: *takes their side*
I'm agreeing with you here
what I find curious is you don't entertain the thought NxM is scum.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3739 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3625, mastina wrote:(Mind you, now that I think about it, there's a funny parallel between Biochemistry and this game. Aside from the "everyone's in a neighborhood" aspect. I'll say what it is in the neighborhood PT.)
would love to see what you mean when you're ready to go public
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3740 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3642, mastina wrote:
In post 3158, SuperfluousNinja wrote:Ok so anyway, let me give you more of an actual introduction....

The only player I know here is Almost50 who I played with a few months ago. Otherwise the rest of you probably don’t know me and I don’t know you. Personally I don’t view this as a problem because I give 0 shits about meta and any meta-analysis. My reads are always entirely based on the situation and the motivations behind them. In fact it always amuses me to no end when people freely hand out playbooks to the scum team when they openly discuss “behavior X is towny of him and behavior Y is scummy”. So don’t count on me participating in any meta analysis here.

I have a few gut reactions but keep in mind that I didn’t officially inherit this role until late-ish last night and have only had about 2 hours to read up on over 3000 posts. My reads will come eventually. It does also help simply to get involved so I’m hoping to poke my head in a lot during these first few real-life days to get a better sense of you all.

Finally, anime is just an excuse for adults to keep watching cartoons and I don’t know a damn thing about anime. Shoot me.
This is more or less my baseline, here.

This is SuperfluousNinja, before I entered the thread. Look at the type of posts he was making at that time.
In post 3193, SuperfluousNinja wrote:If Mastina is the one that promoted this idea, then yes, that makes me very suspicious of Mastina.
I just think the logic clearly demonstrates that anyone who targeted him would have to be scum and that there is clearly quite a bit to learn here. I didn’t get the impression that you wanted this closer look.
In post 3206, SuperfluousNinja wrote:Oof. Your counter-argument is that town is stupid? I just perused through Mastina’s ISO who was apparently a leading proponent of targeting him at night. Mastina is clearly not at all stupid...Mastina has been one of the biggest and most detailed contributors to this game. It cannot both be true that Mastina is stupid and that your angle here is legitimate.
Here's not only another, but it shows that he was pushing me as a mislynch candidate.
In post 3218, mastina wrote:Alright as if there were really any question...

VOTE: SuperfluousNinja.
Robert was playing in a way which loosely suggested he was scum, and the flake reeked of being an apathetic scum flakeout.
ooba's utter in-and-out without so much of a word of analysis reeked of being an apathetic scum flakeout.
And this entrance is a scum entrance.
In post 3220, mastina wrote:
In post 3170, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:Interesting that the first vote placed by someone who claims to have no idea about the game state is on a slot that has a decent chance of being the alternative to their own wagon.
Yes indeed.
In post 3225, mastina wrote:
In post 3178, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:At least, not anything compelling enough that I bothered keeping it in mind.
I made a case; Dunnstral made a case; Near x Mello made a case; all of these were individual efforts approaching the slot from multiple angles.
In post 3229, mastina wrote:
In post 3202, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:I actually think it might be town indicative. Their drive has just enough of an "eager townie chasing his own tail" vibe to it.
It's really not.
It's a cheap, easy avenue to chase after, and one which as Near x Mello points out, is entirely more likely to be going after exclusively town names.

Scum didn't have to target Toogeloo; they'd let the town do that work for them.
So chasing after those who targeted Toogeloo is chasing after players who are town.
It's an easy push, one which requires no effort to make, and it is a push on town, one which is safe to make.
And then I entered into the day proper with this.
In post 3232, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 3214, mastina wrote:So, singletonking was in the channel Torque and I did; the reason he died is that he targeted Severa, and per singleton's PM, that means Severa's death killed singleton.
I among others targeted Toogeloo, explaining that death.
Sure, and in doing so, you wasted your supposed town ability, as did anyone else who followed your lead. Well played.

Am I supposed to believe that with the excessive amount of thinking and analysis you have done so far in this game, it didn’t occur to you to try and figure out why Toog revealed this about himself? Can you explain why you weren’t at all suspicious of targeting a player who you thought was scum and told you exactly how to kill him? Why wouldn’t it occur to you that this could be a trap?
His initial response is reasonable enough...
In post 3235, mastina wrote:
In post 3221, Near x Mello wrote:that statement by rp was awful. SN has barely been here to know which wagon is likely to go through
Scumchat's a thing.
Even if daychat isn't.
SuperfluousNinja replaced in during the night.
And has access to however much talk has happened in each and every PT they have access to.

If in scumchat.
Or, heck.
If in a neighborhood which SuperfluousNinja has access to.
It was discussed that Reasonably Psychotic is someone that people are suspicious of.

SuperfluousNinja would be well-informed of this fact.

Also, there's the chance that SuperfluousNinja simply is faking the amount of knowledge they possess, having read more than they have implied.

So yes.
SuperfluousNinja would be well aware of this fact.
In post 3240, mastina wrote:SuperfluousNinja stays in the poe pool regardless; I can tell you that now. Severa's townread there was dependent on Spike and Jet being scum; they were not. Ankamius prior to sheeping Severa supported the lynch on SuperfluousNinja, as far as I can tell. Unless the neighborhood with them tells me that one/both of them townread the slot during the night, I don't have reason off of faith-trusting them not to keep pursuing this read, because the read has a SOLID basis to it.

Robert's posting indicated scum; Robert's flake indicated scum; ooba's flake indicated scum; SuperfluousNinja's posting indicates scum.
In post 3241, mastina wrote:
In post 3226, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:You're missing the point. The fact that they haven't been here long enough to be aware of the game state yet unerringly zeroed in on the most viable counterwagon to their own lynch is weak evidence of coaching/input from their teammates on how to save that slot for whoever the replacement was.
Pretty much, yeah.
In post 3227, Near x Mello wrote:i dont agree youre "the most viable counterwagon", thats your own manipulative words to make your point
Okay.

Who is, then?
With Toogeloo and Severa both dead at night.

Who is the most viable counterwagon to SuperfluousNinja?

Name names, here.

Because Reasonably Psychotic is a damn fucking plausible one in my eyes. Suspicion has been on the slot all game, and from notable players no less; I pushed it until midway through D2, and both Severa and Ankamius (dead town players notable for being charismatic) pushed them as possible scum as well, meaning that people performing NKA are likely to finger Reasonably Psychotic as scum.

Who would you name as a more probable counterwagon? The list of options is quite thin. Especially since counterwagons are going to, by the standard of "counterwagon to the scum wagon", being likely not to be on scum.
So if you think that, for instance, hypothetically, Elena and SuperfluousNinja would be scum together, then Elena's disqualified from being a viable counterwagon to SuperfluousNinja.
...But then I apply the pressure.

The breaking point was after this:
In post 3248, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 3235, mastina wrote:
In post 3221, Near x Mello wrote:that statement by rp was awful. SN has barely been here to know which wagon is likely to go through
Scumchat's a thing. Even if daychat isn't. SuperfluousNinja replaced in during the night. And has access to however much talk has happened in each and every PT they have access to.

If in scumchat. Or, heck. If in a neighborhood which SuperfluousNinja has access to. It was discussed that Reasonably Psychotic is someone that people are suspicious of.
SuperfluousNinja would be well-informed of this fact.
Also, there's the chance that SuperfluousNinja simply is faking the amount of knowledge they possess, having read more than they have implied.

So yes. SuperfluousNinja would be well aware of this fact.
This is basically pure WIFOM. If you come up with actual evidence and feel like actually talking to me rather than doing a hit and run like this, do let me know. And don’t forget to answer my questions to you also.
You know another reason why people jump onto wagons is because a player is actually guilty and multiple people figure that out. See how WIFOM really doesn’t work?
Or rather, my laughing at it.
In post 3249, mastina wrote:
In post 3232, SuperfluousNinja wrote:Am I supposed to believe that with the excessive amount of thinking and analysis you have done so far in this game, it didn’t occur to you to try and figure out why Toog revealed this about himself?
Nope!

Am I supposed to believe that you can't parse the fact that Toogeloo's claim was entirely not-alignment-indicative, thus, irrelevant to people?
In post 3232, SuperfluousNinja wrote:Can you explain why you weren’t at all suspicious of targeting a player who you thought was scum and told you exactly how to kill him? Why wouldn’t it occur to you that this could be a trap?
It did.
I had countermeasures for any trap Toogeloo could've possessed.

That's why I was so adamant about targeting him. I knew that if he was, say, fakeclaiming and had a real role of pgo, it'd be nullified.
In post 3253, mastina wrote:
In post 3248, SuperfluousNinja wrote:See how WIFOM really doesn’t work?
Boy oh boy you picked the wrong term to use, fella.

Wondering if I should drop the bombshell on that term right now or let it fall in suspense for a while.

Suffice to say,
:cop:
I'm feeling quite smug at the moment in terms of that post.
In post 3259, mastina wrote:This doesn't directly help find scum, other than showing that SuperfluousNinja's barking up the wrong tree.
In post 3260, mastina wrote:
In post 3256, SuperfluousNinja wrote:Well I look forward to the post-game analysis when I can make it clear to you that this really is WIFOM. I don’t know why you’re pretending to know something that both of us know is not true.
Because I know something you do not know about WIFOM.
You think you know WIFOM well enough to argue it.
But I know something about WIFOM that you do not.

And what I know gives me a degree of smugness on the subject.
In post 3256, SuperfluousNinja wrote:Why haven’t you answered my questions yet?
Why are you pretending that I haven't when I already did?
This was the breaking point.

I left for work at that stage.

And SuperfluousNinja flipped out.
In post 3263, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 3249, mastina wrote:
In post 3232, SuperfluousNinja wrote:Am I supposed to believe that with the excessive amount of thinking and analysis you have done so far in this game, it didn’t occur to you to try and figure out why Toog revealed this about himself?
Nope!
Am I supposed to believe that you can't parse the fact that Toogeloo's claim was entirely not-alignment-indicative, thus, irrelevant to people?
I never argued that the statement was alignment-indicative. Please show me where I tried to argue that it was. I’ll be waiting.
In post 3264, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 3260, mastina wrote:
In post 3256, SuperfluousNinja wrote:Well I look forward to the post-game analysis when I can make it clear to you that this really is WIFOM. I don’t know why you’re pretending to know something that both of us know is not true.
Because I know something you do not know about WIFOM.
You think you know WIFOM well enough to argue it.
But I know something about WIFOM that you do not.

And what I know gives me a degree of smugness on the subject.
Does this have any relevance to the game, or are you just being a smartass about terminology? It better fucking not be the latter.
In post 3284, SuperfluousNinja wrote:You know what, go ahead and sub me out of this game.

I’ve been pissed all day because of Mastina pointlessly gloating over me apparently misusing an acronym and her taking advantage of that to feel better about herself. I don’t need this shit. This is supposed to be fun and all this game has left me with is a shit ton of stress.

You all have accepted a level of toxicity that I just do not support. I don’t intend on returning.
There was a grand total of one SuperfluousNinja post between those, and it was calling something unrelated, rude.
In post 3286, SuperfluousNinja wrote:Like I just want to emphasize how shitty of a move that was on her part. It had nothing to do with the game AT ALL; she just wanted to gloat over something she supposedly held over me. Fuck if I’m going to stick around for that kind of shit.
Again.
The emphasis here.
He flipped out because of what I did.
I knew something about WIFOM that he did not. (Because I literally wrote the fucking book on WIFOM, which was what I was smug about--he was trying to use the term WIFOM on the person who basically redefined what WIFOM was.)
And he utterly flipped out at that level of smugness. I knew his push was a dead end, but I didn't explain to him WHY it was going to be a dead end--and he tilted as a result of this.
In post 3288, SuperfluousNinja wrote:I very clearly did not attack her character; I attacked her actions, and deservedly so.
He saw attacks on character from me, he was seeing me as basically a bully.

And you think.
That tilt.
Was from a scumbuddy of mine?

He went from rational to outright feral--and all it took from me were a couple of posts where I was holding back some of my cards for a while.
I'm inclined to agree with this but no encryptorless daychat makes me feel doubtful on the viability of this.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3741 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:23 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3657, Torque wrote:jesus christ my eyes
indeed
mastina there's no way I'm reading that in full so if you want me to digest it you're going to have to cut it up
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3742 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:26 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3699, Near x Mello wrote:Because you were commited to your tunnel(s) and didnt want to stray
weren't you just saying mastina didn't push vedith
<Embrace The Void>

Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3743 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:57 am

Post by Joan of Arc »

In post 3738, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3601, Joan of Arc wrote:@Gamma If you are gonna be calling out people for being so sure someone is town/scum, then call out N x M slot themselves for doing the same thing. Because I don't want to repeat that they are doing the same exact thing them and you are accusing people of, and people are agreeing with them and their blatant hypocrisy hypocrisy for some reason.

N x M: mastina is no re-evaluating
People: You aren't either
N x M: *ignores*
Everyone else: *takes their side*
I'm agreeing with you here
what I find curious is you don't entertain the thought NxM is scum.
Then you didn't read my ISO at all. I clearly stated that I was giving him a benefit of a doubt, but not anymore.
In post 3720, Chito and Yuuri wrote: 3630: 1 is wifomy bs, 2 is wifomy bs, and also you arguing you 'might have killed joan' is laughable but also irrelevant
So ya think that it's laughable that anyone might respect my skills?

Fite me.
Alt of Plumber
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3744 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:11 am

For the record, I *did not* state there was any mechanical reason to suspect A50. I have no mod provided information that leads me to believe that a scum eavesdropping type role exists, that is pure speculation; however, if such a role exists, it reflects poorly upon A50.

-Yukiteru
you
do for pillow talk?
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3745 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:12 am

In post 3744, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:For the record, I *did not* state there was any mechanical reason to suspect A50. I have no mod provided information that leads me to believe that a scum eavesdropping type role exists, that is pure speculation; however, if such a role exists, it reflects poorly upon A50.

-Yukiteru
Oh, but I DO have mod provided information that leads me to believe knowledge of everyone's flavor will allow me to construct a scumpool which may act as an additional STRONG reason to suspect some individuals over others.

-Yukiter
you
do for pillow talk?
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3746 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:41 am

Post by Near x Mello »

ok gamma might be scum after all

he ignored my reach out and commented random things that make little sense
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3747 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:48 am

Post by Near x Mello »

i dont know its like gamma is trying to ruin his game on purpose lately
i want to scumread him but he was equally bad in no deadlines
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3748 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:51 am

Post by Pink Ball »

scum!gamma doesn't make mastina town. Gamma is scum for sure
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3749 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:55 am

Post by Near x Mello »

In post 3409, mastina wrote:
In post 586, Vedith wrote:Well, I'm almost half way to being lynched. That's a pretty big thing to put onto one guy.
Now, I could have made it equal and voted Gamma, but that would make me as bad as the people voting me!
RED FLAGS RED FLAGS

Vedith entered the game as the largest wagon--he voted Pink Ball, the largest counterwagon, and avoided voting Gamma...with this bullshit excuse.

Try telling me with a straight face that his reason for not voting Gamma Emerald isn't absolute bullshit.
I think this might be an indicator against mastina/gamma

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”