Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:58 am

Post by Ankamius »

If Flubber flips scum like I expect, then I believe I have a complete solve.

Xtoxm + Nimueh would be my choices for his partners.
If one is wrong, skitter30 is a likely substitute if I'm reading the tris wagon correctly (which is somewhat stretched, which is why I'm not confident in this slot being scum).

The one thing I'm suspicious of with this solve is how long the flubber/Xtoxm slots are towards the end of the nmsa wagon for so long, but it's explainable by urap2s read shift and Flubber pushing Urap2 immediately afterwards, I could see this as an attempt at damage control to distance.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:05 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2597, Ankamius wrote:my focus this game is to find the clearest path to a town win

lynching you early almost never achieves that regardless of your alignment, regardless of my actual read on you

I have gone on record dozens and dozens of times saying that scumlynches are useless and at worst actually
anti-town
to get in a lot of situations, and that opinion is one I will defend to the death

my focus is to put town in the best possible spot in a situation where I am not here to lead
, that means catching as many scum as possible and putting town in a position where it's inevitable they will be lynched

does that help
hi, i'm back from the weekend from hell.
i have to say on a meta level i really like the mindset behind this post. it's a level i don't attempt, because i don't think i have the mind for it. but something something day one scum lynches are anti-town, something.

i'm reading up, anything interesting i should know about?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:06 am

Post by Nimueh »

In post 2597, Ankamius wrote:my focus this game is to find the clearest path to a town win

lynching you early almost never achieves that regardless of your alignment, regardless of my actual read on you

I have gone on record dozens and dozens of times saying that scumlynches are useless and at worst actually
anti-town
to get in a lot of situations, and that opinion is one I will defend to the death

my focus is to put town in the best possible spot in a situation where I am not here to lead
, that means catching as many scum as possible and putting town in a position where it's inevitable they will be lynched

does that help
Since I’d obviously be a town lynch, I’m not getting your point but whatever.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:08 am

Post by Ankamius »

Also of note is that the original NMSA wagon is the only time that all three of them aren't voting different people or unvoted entirely

Based on how scattered all the votes were in general even when there was a concentrated push on 1-2 slots, and considering they all never voted together even at the end of the day 1 wagons, that's indicative to me that there's something here

I believe tris is town and the wagon was mostly town lead (barring skitter, I think the unvote was a mistake if she was scum here)
Succinct wouldn't be scum with this
Neither would Chara
Nor xRECKONERx
Elbirn is probtown

Flubbernugget/Xtoxm/Nimueh > skitter30 > NMSA > Creature

This is roughly where I'm at
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:10 am

Post by Nimueh »

In post 2601, Ankamius wrote:If Flubber flips scum like I expect, then I believe I have a complete solve,
because my thinking here is so unbelievably delusional, I can’t even see it. That’s how bad I’m at this specific game.

Xtoxm + Nimueh would be my choices for his partners,
because I suck at reading nim, so that’s why I’m making this dumbass post.

If one is wrong, skitter30 is a likely substitute if I'm reading the tris wagon correctly (which is somewhat stretched, which is why I'm not confident in this slot being scum).

The one thing I'm suspicious of with this solve is how long the flubber/Xtoxm slots are towards the end of the nmsa wagon for so long, but it's explainable by urap2s read shift and Flubber pushing Urap2 immediately afterwards, I could see this as an attempt at damage control to distance.
FIFY

Seriously, how totally dense are you about this game? It’s not even funny at this point. :facepalm:
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:11 am

Post by Ankamius »

skitter30 is because of her treatment of the tris wagon, it could have been a distance attempt from Flubber

NMSA because sacrificial sheep to give scum towncred followed by distance attempts once the wagon started losing momentum

Creature because there's less evidence supporting him as town and he had the other 'weird' vote on tris. Shrug.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:11 am

Post by Nimueh »

In post 2605, Nimueh wrote:
In post 2601, Ankamius wrote:If Flubber flips scum like I expect, then I believe I have a complete solve,
because my thinking here is so unbelievably delusional, I can’t even see it. That’s how bad I’m at this specific game.

Xtoxm + Nimueh would be my choices for his partners,
because I suck at reading nim, so that’s why I’m making this dumbass post.

FIFY

Seriously, how totally dense are you about this game? It’s not even funny at this point. :facepalm:
This I’m not apologizing for, because you actually deserve it.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:12 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2573, Flubbernugget wrote:The vote precedes two points on brigette being NAI and a setup to still get tris lynched if that were to become convenient. I think this is a perfect illustration of what I was trying to get at when I said chara's posting looks good in a vacuum. This vote really didn't bring any suspicion to chara at all, but it really should have.
isn't this the exact opposite of my posting being good in a vacuum? you're looking at one post here, not the gamestate.

considering one of tris or Brigitte seemed inevitable at that point in the game, why does scum me need to setup on anybody?
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:12 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2607, Nimueh wrote:This I’m not apologizing for, because you actually deserve it.
has Ankamius been insulting you somewhere? because if you're just mad about the read on you this is really uncalled for.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:13 am

Post by Nimueh »

In post 2599, Ankamius wrote:it's not just Skitter + Xtoxm + Flubbernugget is it?
FIFY

You’re Welcome.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:14 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm dense and my solve is wrong but I got two reads right and my third is replaced by my fourth

This is my thought processes narrated by Nimueh
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:14 am

Post by Nimueh »

In post 2609, Chara wrote:
In post 2607, Nimueh wrote:This I’m not apologizing for, because you actually deserve it.
has Ankamius been insulting you somewhere? because if you're just mad about the read on you this is really uncalled for.
In post 2593, Nimueh wrote:
In post 2582, Ankamius wrote:that's because the scumtell I'm referring to specifically this game is related to how I've read her in past games, but the exact implementation is different in a way that I've never stated publicly before
In post 2542, Ankamius wrote:It's very unlikely I'll push for a lynch on you today precisely because it doesn't further towns wincon regardless of your flip. It's too early for that

Sorry but this combo, absolutely infuriated me.
I beg to differ.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:15 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2447, Creature wrote:Like, from which post will I catch all the way up here?
ISO Ankamius and see where that gets you?
she's town and while i haven't looked at how much i like her solve yet, her ISO does have a pretty complete summary of the gamestate as the game has gone on.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:17 am

Post by Chara »

okay, so you are just mad about the read. your scumteam is almost identical to hers if you just take yourself out, so you obviously agree with the rest of her reads.
she was wrong on me most of the game, too. oh well. being angry about it does literally nothing.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:25 am

Post by Chara »

i don't think Creature is scum here. if there's a good argument i'll listen, but being underwhelming on a replace in a big game isn't a scumtell. i can see his thought process well enough, and i've played with Creature enough that at this point i think i can tell how he's feeling about a game.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:27 am

Post by Ankamius »

I don't think so either, but weirder things have happened

If I'm wrong about my top 5 and scum aren't all there, currently I think it's creature
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:28 am

Post by Chara »

hi Elbirn, i miss you. let's talk about the game whenever you're back.

regarding Flubber: i need to see why scum him would think i'm a good target to go after. he avoided me when i was being scumread, but now that i'm townread he wants pressure on me again?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:29 am

Post by Ankamius »

Flubber is the linchpin to my solve, that's why I want him first

It helps that there's already support there too but eh
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:32 am

Post by Nimueh »

In post 2609, Chara wrote:
I specifically told her I was flipping town and was willing to prove it, only to be told she had no interest in flipping me today. So fmpov, if it was inevitable that I was getting mislynched anyway, then I obviously preferred it to sooner than later.

I’m tilted because I have been putting a lot of effort into trying to solve this game and to know I have been basically wasting my time, just waiting until God knows when, I get mislynched, was just not cool with me. I’m sorry if you think I’m overreacting but I consider Ank someone who should be able to read me, so maybe what you’re not getting is it’s a bit hard not to take this personally since I’m pretty sure Reck is wrong and she’s also town here.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2620 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:32 am

Post by Chara »

i think there are slots outside of those five i'd lynch before Creature. Nim i need to look at your case for, because there are very few players i'm willing to think will lean this far into the emotional side of things as scum, though they do exist.
Flubber i could see, Xtoxm i could see. skitter i don't know. i probably will continue to not know without talking to her again/another flip or so.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2621 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:37 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2619, Nimueh wrote:I’m tilted because I have been putting a lot of effort into trying to solve this game and to know I have been basically wasting my time, just waiting until God knows when, I get mislynched, was just not cool with me. I’m sorry if you think I’m overreacting but I consider Ank someone who should be able to read me, so maybe what you’re not getting is it’s a bit hard not to take this personally since I’m pretty sure Reck is wrong and she’s also town here.
i do get it. it's frustrating. there are a lot of players that i think should be able to read me by now and when they don't it's very disheartening. it's also bittersweet to hear "you're good at scum, so i can't townread you."
but Ank is obviously not doing it on purpose, she's solving with what she has, so there's no need to insult her. obviously this whole conversation only applies if you're town (which i lean towards).

you're not wasting your time. i just don't like to see players insulting each other or being hurt because of misreads.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2622 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:40 am

Post by Nimueh »

In post 2614, Chara wrote:okay, so you are just mad about the read. your scumteam is almost identical to hers if you just take yourself out, so you obviously agree with the rest of her reads.
she was wrong on me most of the game, too. oh well. being angry about it does literally nothing.
No, I’m mad that I was willing to prove I’m town by flipping, if absolutely nothing else would get through to her and she persisted in her wrong sr of me and refused to make that possible. Do I want to get mislynched? Of course not but I refuse to spend any further time in any game where I am being wrongly sr, if my reads are going to be ignored anyway. I also didn’t appreciate her calling my entirely valid reason for being suspicious of Skitter, “silly”, when it’s not.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2623 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:42 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2313, Flubbernugget wrote:Tris wagon came after brigette wagon right? Not intrested in looking for scum there.
In post 2314, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 2117, northsidegal wrote:
Votecount 1.14
tris(5)
~ (221), (240), (217), (36), (78)
Brigitte(4)
~ (304), (119), (124), (255)
skitter30(1)
~ (192)
Nimueh(1)
~ (79)
Elbirn(1)
~ (137)
Ankamius(1)
~ (55)

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2019-03-08 00:58:59).

Mod Notes:

skitter30 is V/LA on weekends.
Nimueh is V/LA while sick.
Around here-ish is when I feel the lynch was locked into tris/brigette. Maybe I'm wrong on tris, then.
In post 2315, Flubbernugget wrote:This makes chara and succinct the main points of interest on the brigette wagon
how likely do you think it is that both wagons were on town?
from your post about me i would guess you think they both are.
at that point, what AI information are you getting from the wagons, when scum would be happy to sit on either?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2624 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:45 am

Post by Chara »

Nim, you being flipped town doesn't help anything. at all, really. it would just be a way for you to get out of the game, just like Brigitte did. i'm interested in solving, not flipping players who want to be flipped. the fact that you want out makes you even less likely to be scum to me. proving you as town doesn't affect Ank's solve very much, so there's just no point in doing it.
if you want to leave this game, replace out. that's how it works. wanting to be lynched when you're town doesn't help anyone.
or, keep playing and keep pushing your reads even if you're being scumread. that's also part of being town.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”