callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:44 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

There's more flavour in the results PMs than I'd normally expect in a Normal. Flavour in vote counts is probably fine as long as it's "here's a picture with a cat in" rather than being related to the game in any way. Note that you'll have to change your intro post flavour because a Mini Normal only has two reviewers (except when one of them is a trainee NRG member observing, which isn't the case here).

48+48 prods are fairly slow, given that the day deadline is 12 days. I'd either make the prods faster or the deadline longer.

"Factional abilities can be used the same night as role abilities." is something that we mostly try to avoid as a global rule nowadays; you can use the Multitasking modifier (which is Normal) with the same effect. (That said, it's unlikely to matter much in this setup.)

"Rules are subject to mod discretion" is abNormal when used without limits. It's OK to, e.g., say "If you find a loophole in these rules, I will change them", but your current wording implies that you might try to interfere with the game directly.

The setup is somewhat hard to assess. I think the Masons may be able to guess that a Traffic Analyst is likely to be scum in this setup (five players who are a false positive or who can claim out of it in a 13p game?), which is a potential factor that might break the game for town (being Loud, the Traffic Analyst can hardly claim VT, and a good fakeclaim may be hard to find). If we consider that to not be a problem, though, the balance is probably close to correct (a 3-mason setup needs a liittle extra power to be balanced for town, and this setup has that). The scum's additional ability to find town's power roles might be a bit much, but it might be balanced against the setup speculation parts of it. (That said, it's often surprising just how some towns can be at setup speculation.)
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:46 pm

For your "don't quote old communication" rule, your current wording's actually pretty good; if you make it objective people will find loopholes in it, leaving it vague will make people err on the safe side.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:51 pm

My experience is that it's very hard to time day start exactly. Players have an annoying habit of lynching at inconvenient times, and sometimes you end up asleep at the point when the night deadline would end.

If you can think you can make it work, though (e.g. by timing the flip so that you know you'll be online 49 hours later), go for it.
scum
town

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”