[Vanilla] Survivor: Legendary (congrats the worst)

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

[Vanilla] Survivor: Legendary (congrats the worst)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:00 pm

Post by Vijarada »

Survivor: Legendary

Presented by Mallowgeno, Vijarada and CuddlyCaucasian

Reviewed by Xalxe, Large Social Mod xReckonerx

Game Description
: This is a relatively simple Survivor game themed around the Legendary Pokemon for 18 players. The main twist of the season is that the tribes will start off as Fans v Favourites. which means we need nine new players to play! So tell your friends. We define "new player" as a player that has two or less survivor
or big brother
games on Mafiascum. Other LSG or outside experience doesn't matter. Knowledge of Pokemon is not at all mandatory but may assist in some challenges.

The other twist of the season is that, to help them settle in, each new player will be assigned a "coach" (flavoured as Pokemon trainers). These people, who will not stick around for the whole game, will only have access to one player's confessional, which means they can give more biased advice than spectators or moderators could. We would really appreciate if anyone signing up as an experienced player would also sign up as a coach as backup. The time commitment is significantly less.

To apply for this game as a player, coach or spectator, click
HERE

Signups begin now and end at 10PM EST (or whenever) on Sunday the 27th

Rules

Rules 5a and 13 are non-standard, but read the rest anyway.
Spoiler: Rules
{ GENERAL RULES }

{01} This is a game. The main objective is to have fun; so no excessive flaming, spamming, or otherwise being a jerk.

{02} This is a game. The secondary objective is to win.

{03} We are not infallible, so if we make a moderating mistake, please point it out and we will correct it if needed.

{04} We have worked extensively to produce a game that is enjoyed by all involved. As such, we promise to offer each player respect but expect to be shown the same in return.

{05} Survivor Legendary is ANONYMOUS. All participants are strictly prohibited from so much as hinting to their own identities or implying another player's identity. If you are talking with other people outside of this forum, you must not state or imply that you are playing in this game. If you are talking with other players on this forum, try not to say anything that would allow people to easily ID you. Communication outside the private message system is also forbidden until otherwise stated. Failure to follow this rule can result in a variety of consequences ranging from a terse warning to one's elimination from the game. We reserve the right to determine the severity of possible infractions.

{5A} Trainers (see Game Mechanics rule 13) and the players to which they are assigned do not have to maintain anonymity with each other, and Trainers' identities are revealed to their new player at the start of the game. However, it is against the rules to disclose any information about your trainer's identity to any other player.

{06} Exercise common sense. If you are unsure as to whether an action conflicts with the rules, ask. Yes, this is a competition, but do not attempt to undermine challenges or game mechanics for your own gain. This violates both the spirit of the game and common in front of respect mentioned above.

{07} Private communication with players outside of your tribe or eliminated players is strictly prohibited. Any player found in violation of this rule will be penalized.

{08} Any and all posting about this game outside the provided forums unless SPECIFICALLY STATED is illegal.

{09} The posting of Private Messages (whether via text (paraphrasing is fine) or via image) in a public forum is explicitly disallowed. You may, however, post them in your confessional. You are also prohibited from taking a screenshot of private messages and showing them to other players. Forwarding is not allowed.

{9a} Don't send PMs to more than one person at once, which you can do on Proboards, but don't.

{10} The moderators may discipline any player that breaks the rules however we see fit, depending on the specific situation. We also reserve the right to implement new rules if needed.

{GAME MECHANICS}

{01} PM's are only to be used for communication within your tribe. All out-of-tribe contact is to be confined to challenge threads/other public threads.

Immunity Challenges:

{02} Every round will possess an Immunity Challenge. Winners of the Immunity Challenge will be safe from elimination that round and cannot be voted out at the Tribal Council.

{03} The outcomes of all Challenges are final. That said, however, be sure to keep Rule 03 of General Rules in mind.

{04} We appreciate the fact that prospective contestants will enter this game with a range of skills. With this in mind, understand that we as mods can't cater to all players' needs and time constraints in challenges.

Tribal Council:

{05} Tribal Council is where players are eliminated. Before the merge, only the losing tribe or tribes will visit TC, and will vote one player off. After the merge, all remaining players will go to TC, including immunity challenge winners.

{06} Tribal Councils will last 24 hours from the end of the challenge. If a player fails to submit a vote within the given time frame, they will receive a selfvote. In the event that a player knows he or she will be unable to vote by deadline, that player may notify the moderators and cast a conditional vote to avoid penalization.

{07} The results of Tribal Councils may be posted before deadline if and only if all persons involved have submitted a vote.

{08} The modification of votes after they have been submitted is allowed. Players are able to change their votes as many times as they want until the Tribal Council is posted. However, keep in mind that the Tribal Council may be posted early if all players have voted.

{09} If a player has failed to vote three times, the mods may choose to eliminate him or her at their discretion.

{10} The outcomes of Tribal Councils are final.

{11} Questions concerning ties in the Tribal Council may be found below:

Breaking Ties:

I. In the event of an initial tie, a revote shall take place. Contestants may only vote for one of the tied players, and all tied individuals may not vote. Reward items may not be used in this revote, but any reward items that have already been played will remain in play.

II. If a majority is not met in the revote, all tied players and immune players become instantly immune and the remaining players will draw rocks for elimination. In a Final 4 TC, rocks will not be drawn, and the tied players will participate in a tiebreaker challenge.

III. During a revote PMs will be disabled for that tribe.

Twists:

{12} Twists will be implemented without warning or provocation throughout the game. The time and setting of each twist has already been determined, so as to neither give an unfair advantage or disadvantage to a player or group of players. Information in the game may take precedence over these rules if needed.

{13} Players who are on the initial 'newbie tribe' will all be matched with a 'Trainer'. This player may not contact anyone else playing the game and is there primarily to answer questions and help their newbie navigate the game. The trainer is allowed to ask questions and answer them but are prohibited from giving specific, as opposed to general, advice on the player who should be voted off.
Last edited by Vijarada on Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 14 times in total.
get a warrant
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:04 pm

Post by Vijarada »

This game is rated Vanilla which means it has 5 or less points on the rating system and it's relatively simple :)
get a warrant
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:03 am

Post by Vijarada »

I edited rule 5 to make clear that Coach's IDs are revealed in their new player's confessionals at the start of the game. I also removed some typos from errant copying and pasting (related to a previous game's idol hunt)
get a warrant
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:43 pm

Post by Vijarada »

Update to newbie/experienced eligibility. We initially only included Survivor games as "experience" because we wanted to exclude non-standard LSGs like the Genius, the Challenge etc. However one game is similar enough to survivor that we are comfortable counting it as experience. Therefore
we will now count big brother as well as survivor in evaluating experience
. If you're not sure whether you're new or experienced or have any other questions, PM one of us.

We have an amazing number of applications right now, especially a great number of new players and people willing to coach. We still want your applications in all three areas though obviously so sign up yo.
get a warrant
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:32 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Time is winding down! Make sure you get your application in TODAY! Our deadline for applications is
10 PM on Sunday EST
!
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:08 pm

Post by Vijarada »

Signups are closed but if anyone wants to spectate at any point you can still shoot me a PM
get a warrant
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by Vijarada »

Game will start 8PM EST this saturday. Casting PMs will be sent out Friday at some point
get a warrant
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:45 pm

Post by Vijarada »

I'm editing the rules to add a new rule that says you can't use Proboards to send group PMs because uhhh you can't.
get a warrant
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:25 am

Post by mallowgeno »

PMs have been sent out! If you have any questions let us know!

Game begins (expired on 2019-02-02 20:00:00)
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:47 am

Post by Vijarada »

The forum is currently in maintenance mode. On game start, the game will be unlocked and begin
immediately
and you can all PM each other.
get a warrant
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:54 pm

Post by Vijarada »

Proboards servers look down. Hope they get back up!
get a warrant
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:46 pm

Post by Vijarada »

live reveal at 10pm! it's been a blast to run, it's been an amazing game with heaps of great players and fun. join me in celebrating it and seeing who out of tapu lele, deoxys, and regigigas reigned supreme!
get a warrant
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:57 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

None of those are cuisines, how can they reign supreme smh
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by NotAJumbleOfNumbers »

In post 12, D3f3nd3r wrote:None of those are cuisines, how can they reign supreme smh
i dunno man, tapu lele sounds a lot like a country to me
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:01 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

We’ll see if they win then!

Idk I can’t be assed to log into the forum

(profile pic by datisi)
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:02 pm

Post by McMenno »

regigigas
mafiascum is on life support
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:06 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Does that mean Regirock, Regice, and Registeel all win too since you need them to make Regigigas?

(profile pic by datisi)
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:14 pm

Post by McMenno »

ye
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:18 pm

Post by xofelf »

Great game, loved it. Mods you did well, thanks for letting me play. Players y'all were hella fab really. Hit me up on discord if y'all wanna talk. Love you all and your faces <3 <3
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:21 pm

Post by Vijarada »

ya it was a blast, sorry for the mistakes i made and my bad behaviour at times, i'll learn from this.
get a warrant
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:26 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Guys it was quite the adventure, the ups the downs the crying the laughing. I wanna thank my fellow mods Vijarada and CuddlyCaucasian for running this with me. This game was a baby that came from Super Smash Bros survivor in order to see what would happen if we put a bunch of newbies with a bunch of vets.

I hope everyone enjoyed the game, sorry for the hiccups but those are to be expected.

Congrats on our finalists but most importantly congrats to The Worst!

Thank you Trainers for helping us out as well
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:28 pm

Post by McMenno »

In post 20, mallowgeno wrote:This game was a baby that came from Super Smash Bros survivor in order to see what would happen if we put a bunch of newbies with a bunch of vets.
oh I remember that
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:30 pm

Post by Felissan »

In post 20, mallowgeno wrote:Guys it was quite the adventure, the ups the downs the crying the laughing. I wanna thank my fellow mods Vijarada and CuddlyCaucasian for running this with me. This game was a baby that came from Super Smash Bros survivor in order to see what would happen if we put a bunch of newbies with a bunch of vets.
Does that mean my Luigi self was responsible for this game's existence? :o

Thanks again for running the game, and massive congrats to the worst! I had a blast while I was doing good IRL, and it pains me to say that I probably won't play again in a LSG until I'm in a more stable position IRL since I don't want to hinder any other game by dropping out. I'll still try my best to spec as many as I can so my comeback can be as great as possible.
"Dammit Felissan, making someone lose the game is NOT NICE"
- DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this."
- DeathRowKitty 2018
"You've made me make myself lose the game so many times that I feel like it's an entirely new game I'm losing"
- DeathRowKitty 2022
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:31 pm

Post by Vijarada »

http://survivorlegendary.freeforums.net/ that's a link to the boards. the other mods are working on opening it up.
get a warrant
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:37 pm

Post by NotAJumbleOfNumbers »

Just remembered this image. Mantra of Tapu Lele. (this makes more sense after ID reveal ig)

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”