Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #923 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:08 pm

Post by Elbirn »

No but really am at work right now, will read later, but if theres anything I should be aware of or doing besides read, or that would help me during my read, or help me not say read several times in a row, please spoon feed that information into my face.

So far all I know is theres no night phase until further notice per the op
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1026 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:30 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1025, Brigitte wrote:
In post 921, Elbirn wrote:Is this the pirate game

I'm here for the pirate game.

Ahoy
Not a pirate game. We are aboard a freighter not pirate ship.
If you are a pirate please take what you want and leave. We want no trouble.
Sorry Brigitte but I'm just a living meme and shitposter. I was actually really disappointed upon actually reading the OP and seeing it declared that pirates are explicitly not a thing.

Also, I'm pretty sure my entry into this thread was on like..Page 36, we're not on page 42. And I've only read up to page 5. So we're currently generating content faster than I can even read it and I kinda worry I've gotten myself into a too active game but we'll make this relationship work everyone

But if I'm going to be useful at all I'm going to really need to just...Interact with new content as it happens and read old shit when I can so please help I'm drowning

After 5 pages I've determined all of Skitter/Reck/Enter as town. Briggitte/URAP2 interactions were kinda spammy fun but I'm not certain I see it as AI, but with that being said I think it'd be a weird intro for them to be scum together, which may be useful later on to keep in mind

Uh that's about it so far
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1027 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:08 am

Post by Elbirn »

Me complaining didn't mean don't talk I'm very needy and require constant care and attention much like a small child or infant

I've completed page 10 and I've come around to Brigitte/URAP2 are obvtown, NMSA is bad at the game, and I don't like TicTac for some reason. Progress!
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1035 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:33 am

Post by Elbirn »

UNVOTE:

Since my slot is voting Brigitte for God knows what reason

VOTE: TicTac

So I can be on the incredibly fortuitous tictac wagon being driven by literally all my townreads

Hooray I'm becoming more aware of the game state
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1046 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:04 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1040, tris wrote: I've got to figure out who scum might be and vote for someone.
Yes, that is in fact how this game is played.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1047 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:08 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1042, Nimueh wrote: Can you or someone tell me why Tictac is scum? I haven’t read any of the reasons yet.
Idk, I just got here.

They had a span of posts somewhere in the first 10 pages that's pinged me tonally, but I cant recall why atm

I mostly like wagons, they generate content

How are you today?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1591 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:57 am

Post by Elbirn »

I'm so far behind and I dont feel like I'm a part of this game and I dont know how to get a word in edge wise

Someone spoon feed me or ask me to look at a specific something or something
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1891 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:57 am

Post by Elbirn »

K I'm 66 pages back, no one will talk to me, and I now refuse to acknowledge anything before this post. The game starts now.

Gosh golly gee wizz I cant wait to start playing this game with you guys

VOTE: Chara

Why are you being a meanie to skitty shes nice
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1982 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:13 am

Post by Elbirn »

Yeah I dont pop into the thread if I dont have time to critically engage and being as I have no knowledge of anything thats going on I dont pop in. I dont know how you think I was online at like 7am when I wasnt, but nonetheless yeah thats a thing that COULD happen.

Are people finna lynch my slot, because I'd much rather we made scum shoot me. Can we work on that instead?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1983 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:39 am

Post by Elbirn »

I hardskimmed from the last votecount to now (so like 10 pages I guess) just to get some kind of thoughts I can vomit up

In post 1787, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 1784, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1778, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 1768, skitter30 wrote:idk how good my reads are this game so far
i have a bunch of townreads (your slot, ank, reck, and enter)
and a bunch of people that are null because they've been lurking-ish (luckily creature replaced one of those, so hopefully that'll be easy)
and i don't ahve super strong scumreads rn

i'm not townreading chara yet, and nimueh feels scummy to me but i'm not sure i should be relying on my read there so yeah
not entirely sure where i want to vote rn
maybe i'll go back to brigitte.
ok i wont sheep you then lol
i looked at elbirns iso and i wanna say its his scum game
my meta on him is like 4 years old tho so idk
why'd you think it's his scum game?
every time i played with him as town he felt like
really really townie

he has the damp squib sorta feel that i associate with his scum game here
the meta is old tho so i wouldnt wanna go hard on it
In post 1859, Nimueh wrote:
In post 1778, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 1768, skitter30 wrote:idk how good my reads are this game so far
i have a bunch of townreads (your slot, ank, reck, and enter)
and a bunch of people that are null because they've been lurking-ish (luckily creature replaced one of those, so hopefully that'll be easy)
and i don't ahve super strong scumreads rn

i'm not townreading chara yet, and nimueh feels scummy to me but i'm not sure i should be relying on my read there so yeah
not entirely sure where i want to vote rn
maybe i'll go back to brigitte.
ok i wont sheep you then lol
i looked at elbirns iso and i wanna say its his scum game
my meta on him is like 4 years old tho so idk
Interesting. It did seem like he could be coasting.
In post 1928, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 1922, Chara wrote:i'd vote Brigitte if there really isn't anything else but i'm not happy about it. and i want to talk to Elbirn and see his thoughts because his slot is another that could be scum.
we're not going to get anything from him today

These two are the most opportunistic on my wagon. Most of y'all are content with voting me for being a null, bleh, activity-less slot. These two are searching for an excuse. I'm scum because I'm not being town enough, basically, but xtoxm's trying to fake something more substantial to say about "meta". And being adrift and unable to catch up makes me "coasting". Nah. Also Xtoxm's 1928 above strikes me as opportunistic in conjunction with his read/vote on me.

Like, a lot of you are voting me for doing fuckall and making no bones about it. I don't like it but that's fine. Sorry for not being better. Xtoxm is actively pushing that there's something substantial where there is not.
In post 1908, Creature wrote:I can relate to what Brigitte has been doing page 2 and 3, and it is towny for me.
Oh good Creature is also town and has a brain in his head, I've read all of 10 pages of this game and I sorted Brigitte as town and idk what everyone elses problem is. Literally dismantle that wagon and shove it up my butt instead, at least she's playing the game.
In post 1970, skitter30 wrote:elbirn do you like scum or town more?
Man I hate to say such self serving shit but I've been really wanting a scum game since I haven't played one since like 2015, and yeah if I were scum I'd have much more engagement/interest here.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1986 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:45 am

Post by Elbirn »

@Skitty and Chara, I don't feel like grabbing the quotes, but I acknowledge that you have both in fact reached out to me and said some stuff and I'm gonna try to get to that. Skitty as I recall wanted me to look at some posts somewhere and look at some interactions...Chara actually I think you just redirected me to this fact and didn't have any questions of your own. I think. idk I'm trying.

Aaand I will acknowledge that I haven't put in the time/effort that this game deserves, even if I am high-key actually overwhelmed by the game size ballooning since I replaced in. Like...Most of you don't know this having not really played with me ever but I do so much better in slower paced games and there's a reason I don't venture out of the mini normal/theme sized games anymore. It's cuz I don't have the time for it, I get bogged down, wind up irrelevant, and then replace out. This pace is honestly on par with a large game imo and I thought I was getting into something I could handle when it was only 30+ pages and now I feel like I've done an irresponsible thing but I'm trying but I am actually pretty much looking forward to hopefully living to day 2, saying fuck you to day 1, and just moving forward with information gleaned at that point. I drank all my coffee and then wrote a large excuse OH NOOOO
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1988 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:49 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1984, tris wrote:
In post 1982, Elbirn wrote:Yeah I dont pop into the thread if I dont have time to critically engage and being as I have no knowledge of anything thats going on I dont pop in. I dont know how you think I was online at like 7am when I wasnt, but nonetheless yeah thats a thing that COULD happen.

Are people finna lynch my slot, because I'd much rather we made scum shoot me. Can we work on that instead?
How would we make scum shoot you?

(Also the game is nightless currently)
Right yeah that's a thing.
Uhh. Do we know how to stop the nightless yet, and either way, do we WANT to stop the nightless? If this is a whole conversation that's already been had I can just, like, fuck off and read that I guess.
In post 1985, Chara wrote:Elbirn: what i'd really like to hear about is your read on skitter and vote on me.
Oh lort I forgot about that. First lemme stop being a meme

UNVOTE: Chara

and yeah idk i trolly shitpost I wanted attention okay
From what I have read of Skitter her tone/play style seems basically identical to the game we just finished with the three of us...Uhh was that Prey? Yeah. You know what's funny is I bought it and I'm staring at the main menu like "am i gonna get to this today", but yeah THE POINT IS, skitter seems like what I've seen of her playing as town so
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1993 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:57 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1249, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1208, Brigitte wrote:Theres pretty obvious points in this game where your tone is fake btw.
You pretending you are not angry during the game by throwing around sarcasm with it, obviously actually angry.
Like the most real tone thing you have going for you is this weird ego self perception you have. Which is what I believe is the most real thing I have seen about your posts.

Your stances are not much there under the surface. Like just examine the case you made on me. More than half of it was a direct copy of what I said about you, except add in things like "didn't know how to act around fake hammer" and "awkward scumread on me". You even added the confidence level I had on you as your next post. Except instead of what I said as 85% you are 90%. Woah. You are a legend.

Your position on NMSA is "newbtown". The easiest. Laziest. Argument. Ever.

My question for people townreading you is are they townreading the ego part thinking that the scum would be more agreeable or something?
In post 1209, Brigitte wrote:People really should think about how easy it is to make an argument for NMSA being newbtown is.
What criteria do you need to make to fill that argument?
Establish the player is new.
Then call them newbtown and mislynch bait.

And there you have it. Don't need to process thought patterns. Don't need to address actions really. In fact I don't think Ank has even responded to one post by NMSA, instead you just proxy defend him.

All this actually makes me think that if Ank is scum. NMSA is definitely town.
Wait is this what I'm supposed to read over, brigs case? Or how Reck reacts to it?

Cuz this case sucks ass lol why is she trying to convince reck that reck is scum, and then rail about how lazy it is to call someone newbtown
while positing that that player as town
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1996 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:02 am

Post by Elbirn »

@Tris

1. Man I said multiple questions and all you said was "nope"
2. Yagotme, I've never played with Skitter scum. I'm not one for """META""", but if I play a game with someone and they seem tonally similar to another game I generally run with it. I suppose I can't verify that she doesn't tonally sound like this as scum, but that's never stopped me from having a shitty read on anyone before.
3. I will read Page 49. Soon. Maybe now.

@Xtoxm

Yo gameface off I thought about this game for about 2 seconds and went "Wait, it's cyberpunk bioshock. Why have I not already absorbed the entirety of this franchise into my heart", and then promptly bought the deluxe edition on PSN. Pretty solid use of $20. Still haven't played it!

Pedit: I see more posts but it's time to have the coffee poops srry
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2000 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:14 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1994, Xtoxm wrote:i think i like your reaction to being flashwagoned
im basically annoyed at the game state and that the same people keep spamming useless shit instead of looking to kill someone
so im openly wagoning anything that isnt a tr for me
i can understand this looking opportunistic fypov
my preference is to kill within the 200+ posters
do you sr any of them
I don't think I like being townread for being anoyed at being voted, that seems really weird. Can you and Tris go back to scumreading me until I do something good? Thanks.

Your criteria here is really weird actually. Like...The game state is annoying but you're not upset with the people who have no content (even though I am one of those people and you just got done voting/SR'ing me for having no content?), you're upset with the people who have many posts, but that's not going to be at all indicative of alignment. Also I'm p sure I have some degree of townread on literally all of them, except for Ank who has simply not made an impression on me.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2002 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:20 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1995, tris wrote:
In post 1993, Elbirn wrote:
In post 1249, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1208, Brigitte wrote:Theres pretty obvious points in this game where your tone is fake btw.
You pretending you are not angry during the game by throwing around sarcasm with it, obviously actually angry.
Like the most real tone thing you have going for you is this weird ego self perception you have. Which is what I believe is the most real thing I have seen about your posts.

Your stances are not much there under the surface. Like just examine the case you made on me. More than half of it was a direct copy of what I said about you, except add in things like "didn't know how to act around fake hammer" and "awkward scumread on me". You even added the confidence level I had on you as your next post. Except instead of what I said as 85% you are 90%. Woah. You are a legend.

Your position on NMSA is "newbtown". The easiest. Laziest. Argument. Ever.

My question for people townreading you is are they townreading the ego part thinking that the scum would be more agreeable or something?
In post 1209, Brigitte wrote:People really should think about how easy it is to make an argument for NMSA being newbtown is.
What criteria do you need to make to fill that argument?
Establish the player is new.
Then call them newbtown and mislynch bait.

And there you have it. Don't need to process thought patterns. Don't need to address actions really. In fact I don't think Ank has even responded to one post by NMSA, instead you just proxy defend him.

All this actually makes me think that if Ank is scum. NMSA is definitely town.
Wait is this what I'm supposed to read over, brigs case? Or how Reck reacts to it?

Cuz this case sucks ass lol why is she trying to convince reck that reck is scum, and then rail about how lazy it is to call someone newbtown
while positing that that player as town
Who was trying to convince reck that reck is scum? I think you might be misreading something.
Apologies, going back and putting those posts into context I now see that Brigitte was talking to Ank. So lemme try again: The two posts from Brigitte, the case she makes on Ank. She's making a lot of allegations ABOUT Ank, TO Ank. There's no inquiry or questioning, just saying stuff to them.

It's not a lock-tight scum tell but it does seem a bit stilted? I still haven't let the thought of Brigitte-scum blossom in my heart but if someone pointed out these posts and said "this some fake shit vote this" I'd get it
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2009 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:25 am

Post by Elbirn »

You know what I'll be honest: I saw Brigitte saying stuff about an angry and egoistic player and I just assumed it was Reck.
That's not meant to be a slight it's just my perception of the dude

Pedit: So...............Don't switch over to scumreading Briggitte? Darn. I can scumread xtoxm a little bit but he's just so darned personable.

What happens if we no lynch? It's not like anyone's gonna get shot. I actually don't see the point of a deadline in this game at all
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2013 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:29 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2008, Xtoxm wrote:i can tr you for what i like
i'll go into why i voted you there and why i thought i meta scumread you before you started playing if you
realllly
want me to
i actually am pretty confident that at least 1 person is spamming as a scum strategy to apathise others and make the thread hard to navigate

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Brigitte
I'm not sure about that. For one, are any of the top posters making lots of posts with no content? That I could see as scum trying to be high activity, but I see all of those players as actually doing stuff and trying to move the game forward. If you see Brig as doing that, hence your vote can you point to an example maybe?

I'm also dubious about scum trying to produce a hyperactive gamestate to induce apathy. It's a lot of work, taking much time and effort, for the result of...winning the game by not letting anyone else actually play a normal game of mafia....? It's just weird, I'd think scum would rather encourage slowing down activity to a crawl so nothing gets done. It's the same result, but with 0 work put in.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2014 (isolation #19) » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:32 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2010, Xtoxm wrote:i dont either but keep it quiet
im going to murder someone myself if we dont get a flip soon
In post 2011, tris wrote:I have no idea, I've thought about that myself. I would assume there's some negative to it. Like possibly there's a day on which the nights start happening.
Alright I've been a good boy and I've only got an hour or so before work, Ima finally start Prey, I'll try to read page 49 onwards as requested but that'll be on my phone at work so uh...Very low chance of me saying or doing anything intelligent or substantial.

Sorry for being a potato and a needy baby but actually being able to get on my computer and talk in real time helped my give-a-fuck levels a lot, thanks family
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2015 (isolation #20) » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:33 am

Post by Elbirn »

you know I changed my mind about responding to those quotes and I'm not going to unchange my mind just because they're immortalized there forever
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2028 (isolation #21) » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:55 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2026, Brigitte wrote:Nimueh. Why aren't you voting?
Hey Brigitte, I have a low grade scumread on you but I dont like 2.5 people on your wagon. What should I do?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2030 (isolation #22) » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:00 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2029, Brigitte wrote:Why are you asking me?
I value your input.

Lemme try shiposting in another direction

VOTE: xtoxm

Yawannagetinonthis?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2032 (isolation #23) » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:07 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Wait xtoxm was urap2?

Fucking
UNVOTE:

I'll just go back to work, thanks for your time
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2039 (isolation #24) » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:24 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I like wagons and dont like tris

VOTE: Tris
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2040 (isolation #25) » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:33 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Actually

Wait why are we voting tris and not nim? Would seem to be the conclusion to your post, skitter
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2068 (isolation #26) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:13 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2053, Nimueh wrote:
In post 1978, Nimueh wrote:
In post 1891, Elbirn wrote:K I'm 66 pages back, no one will talk to me, and I now refuse to acknowledge anything before this post. The game starts now.

Gosh golly gee wizz I cant wait to start playing this game with you guys

VOTE: Chara

Why are you being a meanie to skitty shes nice
UNVOTE:

VOTE: Elbirn

Bizarro vote reasoning.
I realize NOW that this was probably a joke but the fact that I didn’t realize it immediately, doesn’t make me scum my gut is suddenly screaming at me that I may have just possibly caught a deep wolf and no, I don’t mean Elbirn.
Can you go over this again, because I dont understand your meaning. It seems like you got two sentences jumbled together in the middle there.

Specifically, are you saying that based on the quoted posts, the deep wolf you've caught is...Skitter? If so, what do I/chara have to do with it?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2069 (isolation #27) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:14 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2045, tris wrote:Not much to respond to here. Anyone want to lay out why they're voting me?
In post 2039, Elbirn wrote:I like wagons and dont like tris

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2225 (isolation #28) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2139, Brigitte wrote:Like we could go deeper and just dissect specific questioning areas that tris goes into. When I go through ISOs I typically look at what people are questioning because I believe that questions reveal a lot about what a persons thinking is. When I read tris questions they seem aimless. They don't seem to be probing in areas that you would need to probe if you were probing there already through careful consideration. I don't see that at all. The level of questioning is sub-par. And again, that doesn't mean scum, that just means "What is going on here?"
I believe in this. Tris is very oh I'm at work people are judging me for being on my phone bye
In post 2166, Brigitte wrote:That is L-1.
I will self hammer tomorrow.
I was gonna say literally dont but you did
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2243 (isolation #29) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2235, tris wrote:
In post 2233, Chara wrote:
In post 2225, Elbirn wrote:I believe in this. Tris is very oh I'm at work people are judging me for being on my phone bye
the first two times i read this i really thought it was a description of tris's play instead of what was happening with you.
i'm... actually... not entirely sure it isn't.
That's not what that is?

Nono, that was me irl being judged sorry I'm a spewer of nonsense

Brigitte is...acting oddly and I dont know if shes flipping town or scum. The hammer is scum, her words are reasonable?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2261 (isolation #30) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2252, Chara wrote:i'll leave the thread for now since there's nothing much to be done before the lock, but no, self hammers are bad and considering skitter was arguing on your behalf and i was attempting to push tris for answers before you decided to self-hammer, it was a subpar decision and not something i like seeing players doing habitually, ever.
Echoing this. I cant even say "well now the Tris wagon is probably scum if brig flips town" because you hammered yourself brig

Not to dogpile and be a meanie I just want to encourage you to not kill yourself in the future. I think if you held on we could have gotten the wagon off you and onto tris
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2262 (isolation #31) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2254, Creature wrote: Elbirn towned up
Whenst the fvck did I do that?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2277 (isolation #32) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:54 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2267, Ankamius wrote:I still don't buy this flipping town tbh

There's too much of an undertone to how she's been playing the last few days that tells me scum manipulation
I think if she were scum she'd be a lot less candid and a lot more focused on spewing WIFOM.

Shes being indignant self righteous town right now.

I hope her next game is a happier and more enjoyable one for her
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2286 (isolation #33) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:59 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2278, Creature wrote:What's the point of trying to guess Brigitte's alignment rn?
In post 2285, Creature wrote:Brigitte's selfhammer is generating good reactions atleast.
-__-
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2293 (isolation #34) » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:35 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2318 (isolation #35) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:48 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Yeah Nim I dont understand what point you mean to make, can you explain? With Brig flipping town, it's not as if a scum-nmsa were avoiding bussing his buddy or something. Scum-nmsa doesn't have a reason not to vote brig.

I'm mainly confused with your last paragraph though, like...why would nmsa stop his vote-parking on you if you became the lead wagon?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2319 (isolation #36) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:49 pm

Post by Elbirn »

This games been really quiet, which is weird after getting a flip and a new day start..
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2321 (isolation #37) » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2294, skitter30 wrote:maybe the nks turn back on when we lynch scum, idk

i have to at some point go back and look at the circumstances of the votes on the brigitte wagon but off the cuff if there's scum on there i'd guess it to be between: {reck/tris/succint}

kinda want to do this for now until i sort out how i feel about the brigitte/tris wagons

VOTE: flubber
i have like no read on him and can't really remember much of anything he's said this game
In post 2304, Ankamius wrote:Skitters post to start the day feels a bit out of place too for some reason
Mmmmmmm I kind of thought that too, mostly re: "wowie where's the NK?", but I dont know that scum says this because I'd assume they'd be particularly aware that theres no NK coming up if night phases arent happening yet.

And I dont like that she votes flubber after positing scum in reck/tris/succinct

Do you see something else here or have I covered your thoughts more or less?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2388 (isolation #38) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:53 am

Post by Elbirn »

I dont want to get prodded

If anyone wants to talk I'm here
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2661 (isolation #39) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:33 am

Post by Elbirn »

I fucked off the entire weekend, what's happening
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2878 (isolation #40) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:56 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2742, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 2608, Chara wrote:
In post 2573, Flubbernugget wrote:The vote precedes two points on brigette being NAI and a setup to still get tris lynched if that were to become convenient. I think this is a perfect illustration of what I was trying to get at when I said chara's posting looks good in a vacuum. This vote really didn't bring any suspicion to chara at all, but it really should have.
isn't this the exact opposite of my posting being good in a vacuum? you're looking at one post here, not the gamestate.

considering one of tris or Brigitte seemed inevitable at that point in the game, why does scum me need to setup on anybody?
I didn't phrase that right. Your surrounding posting looks good enough in a vacuum to let something like your brigette vote slip by.

Your second assumption only holds up if you
know
tris to be town.
In post 2766, Xtoxm wrote:ank is hard defending tris and lining up mislynches
tris is the correct lynch but i'd be willing to cut the head off the snake and lynch ank today
shes intentionally making the game unplayable
I liked both of these posts, fight me dorks
In post 2785, Chara wrote:Xtoxm pushing tris here after Brigitte flipped town after pretty carelessly choosing to keep his vote on Brigitte even while the tris wagon built up, with absolutely no comment on any of tris's posting beforehand, is either lazy or scum.
and calling out Ank for "lining up mislynches" when he's literally done that is a major lack of gamestate awareness, same as his shading of Ank without any real evidence when she's a pretty impossible lynch at this point.
he just isn't really doing anything. if he's town he needs to get in this game. if he's scum he's coasting. i think it's the latter.
okay with lynching Flubber.
"Xtoxm is super scummy. Better lynch flub"
In post 2810, Ankamius wrote:I want Flubber mainly because I think Xtoxm obvscummed and I want to flip my other scumread so I have another day phase to make sure my theories are sound or at least that I'm not missing anything huge

I've duly noted that there's a lot of support for both Flubber and Xtoxm but everyone has their own idea for the third, that's going to be my main focus I think since I expect I have a max of 2 scum pegged if past experience is to be trusted
"Xtoxm is super scummy. Better lynch flub."
In post 2813, Ankamius wrote:I'd rather not go down that rabbit hole until I have the second flip to work off of

it's frustrating to do a bunch of analysis based on having flips I don't have and then getting those flips only for it to be what I wasn't expecting it to
It's almost as if pre flip associations are always bullshit and you dont play mafia by trying to gamesolve on day 2.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2879 (isolation #41) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:01 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I'm just gonna come out with this, I dont townread ank and I'm very uncomfortable that shes the driving force for this town, as someone I dont trust, pushing for lynches on players I think are town (flub)(less so xtoxm), gloating about a playstyle completely antithetical to my own (I never want to lynch town and always want to lynch scum; she wants to...lynch town but its okay because we'll get ~☆information☆~), while lining up mislynches...?

Like neither of chara/ank have earned my trust and while I dont see them as a pair necessarily, the fact that they're the driving force right now makes me feel really gross
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2881 (isolation #42) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:05 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I had some other multiquotes that gotten eaten by the cookie monster so idek what else I wanted to say

Reck said some gross shit earlier but no one cared so I guess I'm just insane
Skitter is town but under gross pretenses
I have a guess who nimueh is and I guess I'm just not allowed to actually play with them because if I vote there she'll never shut the fuck up so gg on being abusive
I should actually case tris or sort her properly, shit or get off the pot

Idk what else
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2884 (isolation #43) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:19 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2880, Ankamius wrote::V

welp
Bruv help me

Why should I be listening to you, because even if you're town everything you say reads to me like you come from another planet

I've had flubber as a solid townread for a bit now and I dont see why you're pushing him
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2885 (isolation #44) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:22 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2882, Ankamius wrote:I don't buy that catchup
In post 2883, Ankamius wrote:none of these stances fit what you started the day with

you're suddenly townreading the two main wagons
you're scumreading the two most active posters
you're focusing almost exclusively on the methods to attain those reads and how they're handled

the rest is a bunch of shade

I think this is scum #3
How does my stances "not fit"? There is no contradiction with anything I've stated so idk what you mean

And of course its shade. Because you're pushing people I believe to be town in a shitty way. Did I not make that clear? Me disagreeing with you does not make me scum dude
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2888 (isolation #45) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:34 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Yes I dont like when players I townread are on the chopping block. I've already stated exactly this. Is there anything else we need to reiterate?

Like if you think my master scum plan is to do nothing but lurk, then beetlejuice into the thread to hard defend both my partners after you explicitly stated that you were waiting for the third scum to do exactly that/just got done talking about me, then you must think very little of me

You're at the center of a whirlwind of groupthink and a shoddy townbloc and it can kick rocks, homeslice
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2889 (isolation #46) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:39 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2887, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2885, Elbirn wrote:How does my stances "not fit"? There is no contradiction with anything I've stated so idk what you mean

And of course its shade. Because you're pushing people I believe to be town in a shitty way. Did I not make that clear? Me disagreeing with you does not make me scum dude
your stances don't fit because they're different than they were the last time you posted actual content here

and the way you posted them doesn't indicate a natural progression at all

it indicates you trying to save a game that is about to go to shit
Show
where
I indicate a different stance on what I've been saying here. Protip, I haven't and idk why you're lying. I'm also not sure why you're trying to convince me that I'm scum.

Honestly you're drumming up this whole thing about me when 2884 was clearly me asking you to spoon feed me a flub-scumread.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2893 (isolation #47) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2891, Ankamius wrote:your catchup is literally:

"look these two posts made by the two top wagons are town!"
"look these two players leading the town are playing bad!"
"look the way this solve was formed is fundamentally terrible!"
"look I don't townread these two players leading the town but my read on them is put very vaguely... but they're not scum+scum!!!"
"look these other players are gross"
"maybe I should case tris"
Yes and I see absolutely no problem with any of this.

Can you spoon feed me a reason to vote flubber now?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2894 (isolation #48) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:02 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Do you want a reason why charaXank doesnt make sense?

It's because you two would have to be sociopaths to put on scum theater talking to each other this much in a stagnant game that requires really only one deep wolf active scum
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2896 (isolation #49) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:26 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I didnt get this post in my pedit and just saw it now
In post 2890, Ankamius wrote:then why did you specifically shade how chara and I are going about our lynches and how I'm approaching the game

rather than

a. explaining why they're town
b. explaining why [insert other person here] is scum
c. reaching out to learn where these scumreads are coming from and why they're wrong

plus there was a lot of support on flubber long before I started pushing this solve of mine, why didn't you defend him when the day started or pushed tris, the slot that you voted and then completely ignored since the start of the day
1. Because I'm lazy and that takes work. Speaking of work, I'm at work now, and I'm incapable of town/scum casing on my phone. I think I made it clear in my babbling (which you also complained about) that I want to do exactly these things, and I've repeatedly attempted to do option C but you just keep telling me why I'm scum #3 instead.

2. Do you think I'd even be cognizant of flubber being a generally suspected slot when I'm not even here? Do you think I'd have a chance to say anything about earlier when I'm...not even here?

Your criticisms boil down to "elbirn isnt actually playing this game" and boy are you correct but that's not AI
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2897 (isolation #50) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by Elbirn »

You know
I'm just gonna fuck off again, I've got shit to do
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3007 (isolation #51) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:07 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2898, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2878, Elbirn wrote:I liked both of these posts, fight me dorks
i actually kinda hate the xtoxm post
I can see WHY someone would dislike it but when I'm in the midst of my "why does ankamius control this game" paranoia seeing someone else question her authority felt nice

I think we've gone over this in a previous game, but I tend to townread people coming to the same conclusions as me. This might not be a good thing and I am aware of that. But I'm really not sure how to get a grasp of town/scum if I cant see their motivations and the person thinking what I do more likely has my motivations than the person thinking the literal opposite.
In post 2899, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2881, Elbirn wrote:I had some other multiquotes that gotten eaten by the cookie monster so idek what else I wanted to say

Reck said some gross shit earlier but no one cared so I guess I'm just insane
Skitter is town but under gross pretenses
I have a guess who nimueh is and I guess I'm just not allowed to actually play with them because if I vote there she'll never shut the fuck up so gg on being abusive
I should actually case tris or sort her properly, shit or get off the pot

Idk what else
uh yeah sorry about that
i had a townread on reck like a bajillion years ago but it's gone now
what don't you like about ank? i think she's pretty obvtown tbh
i also think chara is probably town but i'm not as solid on that

i know you said a bit further down you don't/can't case people rn but can you just say in like a sentence why you like flubber and xtoxm?
My issue with ank is that she seems to have this game state by the balls but shes using that influence to push town. And she openly and confidently seems to be pushing people related to what info she thinks that will get her, rather than their alignment, and even, in that post of hers I quoted earlier, makes the case herself why that doesnt work: because preflips associations dont work.

Like shes built a house of cards based on flubber being scum, is only pushing him because "if flubber is scum then we have all this info", has already pre-emptively made the "oops I was wrong tee-hee" post, and I can't find why she thinks flubber is scum and she hasn't elaborated to me yet. A proper process would be to posit someone as scum and why, and then maaaybe start considering possibilities for scummates, but possibilities for scummates is never the case itself, it's something to not seriously care about until you get the flip.

But to be clear I frankly dont even know that I think shes scum. It's entirely probable that what we have is just a difference in philosophies and playstyle and really the point of all my naysaying is simply that I dont like any of her conclusions, I think regardless of alignment shes pushing town, and I dont like that the game is being led by someone whose ideas are completely antithetical to my own.

I've pedited this post like 999 times cuz yall made probably multiple more pages between last night and now, and I think I read chara say something about how I have hardly any context on this game because I've been largely absent and therefore dont really have a right to have confident reads. shes right, and I dont. I'm just babbling about how I feel with what little I have gleaned so far.
In post 2901, skitter30 wrote:i kinda think elbirn is town tbh

@elbirn which part of the game have you read and/or been following?
I've read/skimmed like...page 1 through 10, 37 where I replaced in, had my eyes glaze over when instructed to read page 49, and read maybe 80-115 over the past 2 days. Other various pages have been read when able, didnt feel like I got anything out of it, promptly forgotten. I've spent a lot of time just skimming and then going "I cant this is just bullshit" and going about my day

I really cant play mafia without just being here frankly and I haven't been
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3010 (isolation #52) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:22 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2917, Nimueh wrote:I’m townlocking Creature, Ank and Chara. Thanks Elbirn. <3
I think theres a minimum of two town there so good job Nim you're doing great
In post 2937, Nimueh wrote:
In post 2928, Chara wrote:i really don't think Flubber/Elbirn/Xtoxm is ever a team here.
I think his recent posts are actually the scummiest of the three.

The sudden over the top aggression, just basically coming out of nowhere. Unless Elbirn is an alt, I’m sure I’ve never played with him before.
I'm not an alt, and I have like confidence level 1000 that we've played a game before where you were on your main. I'm not about to out it but I could PM you post game if you care.

Anyway, a flub/xtoxm/me team is wrong + your scumread on me because I called you abusive is..really not the best but uhm I would like to take a moment to apologize to you, actually, because I think I was out of line. So uh. I'm sorry.

With that being said, yeah, I do believe that you're very reactionary and you scumread dissent and people you perceive as "against" you, and that wont help you find scum. I'm fine writing you off as town for the time being but should we wind up in a scenario where I think you might be mafia can we just...be cool? We can just have back and forth discussions and not flame war arguments. I'm here 2 b chill
In post 2974, Ankamius wrote:I don't really say this enough in games

Whenever I feel like I have a confident solve in a game and enough scum properly pegged to be able to push town into a win, I'm always much more afraid of getting NKed and town being thrown off track without me there than of getting my scumreads lynched

I don't want to get these lynches because I forced people to sheep me with no other choice

I want town to be set up to be able to get them without me there at all

And having someone who can hold a lot of influence over the rest of the town fall prey to a paranoic mindset as a solve is being put into effect is one of the single worst scenarios I can think of

I want to avoid that scenario much more than I want either of these lynches
Being paranoid of the NK in a so far nightless game is...something?
In post 2991, Ankamius wrote:I'll go more into why people should be okay with a Flubber lynch later today

Absolute worst case for anybody, it's an information gold mine
When you do, can you reiterate why you think Flub is scum? I dont lynch people for information, I lynch people because I think they're scum. I get I'm the shitty lurker who hasn't been doing his homework and is begging to be spoonfed but if you want my vote I need you to know that I cant work with "lynch X, itll be informative"
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3012 (isolation #53) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3011, Ankamius wrote:
In post 3010, Elbirn wrote:Being paranoid of the NK in a so far nightless game is...something?
I specifically confirmed with NSG in the game thread that we will NOT know ahead of time roughly what time of day we will know when the night phase is available again.

Which means it could literally be set up so that "day 2 ends = NIGHTS ARE ACTIVATED = night 2 begins"
You know ank you're right and that was badposting on my part
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3024 (isolation #54) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:17 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3017, Ankamius wrote:does anyone need anything specific tho
i still dont know why flubber is scum :(

What if I meet you halfway and iso him and we compare notes
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3027 (isolation #55) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:29 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3025, Ankamius wrote:His
actions
indicate a scum agenda
This is the part I need explained/care about

Pedit: Then we're at an impasse and I simply cant be a part of...this thing that's happening.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3031 (isolation #56) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:11 pm

Post by Elbirn »

*BZZZZTTT*

Oooo I'm sorry xtoxm, but that buzzer means skitter is town. Better luck next time!
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3033 (isolation #57) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:25 pm

Post by Elbirn »

...which would be desirable because of why?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3048 (isolation #58) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:26 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Have not slept
5am my time
Have to go back to work soon
Even though I worked last night
My job isnt even important enough to warrant this I'm just a bitch
My point being that my mental health just took a sudden nosedive (fucking sleep is important okay), expect exactly 0 content from me for today, or tomorrow, or whatever this time is
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3064 (isolation #59) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:28 am

Post by Elbirn »

Mom dad stop fighting
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3066 (isolation #60) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Elbirn »

VOTE: NMSA
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3068 (isolation #61) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:01 am

Post by Elbirn »

You're fine mate I'm just a dork
Vote NMSA I don't want him near lylo
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3070 (isolation #62) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:12 am

Post by Elbirn »

Hi reck are you voting tris? That'd be swell if you were.

Has anyone else played with tris before and can confirm that she always sounds like an awkward wooden robot, because yeah my issue with her is largely tone
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3073 (isolation #63) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:49 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3071, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 3068, Elbirn wrote:You're fine mate I'm just a dork
Vote NMSA I don't want him near lylo
I'm not gonna sheep a lynch in lylo, I'm not that stupid. I just want a lynch on one of flubber or xtoxm because at least one is scum and needs to die.
What am I missing that makes this dichotomy true
Because it sounds to me like you're bullshitting
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3077 (isolation #64) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:56 am

Post by Elbirn »

I think we're talking about two different things. I want to know why you say that necessarily one of xtoxm/flubber is scum. Forget the lylo comment
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3081 (isolation #65) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:21 pm

Post by Elbirn »

To be clear NMSA is still spewing unsatisfactory nonsense but tris is maybe actually viable and also scum so let's go family
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3112 (isolation #66) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:19 pm

Post by Elbirn »

*sits on hands*
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3140 (isolation #67) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:42 am

Post by Elbirn »

Ank I've been trying not to undermine you because I've felt like you're coming from a good place and a town motivation

But I really need you to stop pretending the game revolves around you

And your preferred mislynches not getting thoughtlessly rammed through is not the same thing as town having no cohesion.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3141 (isolation #68) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:43 am

Post by Elbirn »

Furthermore

Where the fuck is Chara
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3152 (isolation #69) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:36 am

Post by Elbirn »

I have a guess that no lynching turns night on, cuz I can't imagine there being a consequence for no lynching otherwise

NMSA is a good compromise but as gross as he is I sometimes lowkey fear hes just not very good at the game yet. Unless hes an alt hes only been on site for like a month and a half.

Push comes to shove I can vote for Tris/NMSA/xtoxm in that order, and the latter is only so I can shit on everyone who forced the false dichotomy of "one of flub and xtoxm MUST be scum because REASONS that I wont ELABORATE UPON"

So uh

Yeah I want Tris today

I'll hammer over a no lynch but please dont make me
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3153 (isolation #70) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:36 am

Post by Elbirn »

*hammer xtoxm
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3156 (isolation #71) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:15 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3155, Ankamius wrote:
In post 3152, Elbirn wrote:Push comes to shove I can vote for Tris/NMSA/xtoxm in that order, and the latter is only so I can shit on everyone who forced the false dichotomy of "one of flub and xtoxm MUST be scum because REASONS that I wont ELABORATE UPON"
is this directed at me or everybody else
That's my reading of the groupthink taking place
If that's an unfair characterization and someone somewhere has actually gone over this I can fuckoff and stop being so aggro I guess
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3159 (isolation #72) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:23 am

Post by Elbirn »

I might not have been clear. My understanding is that there is specifically a false dichotomy where people have decided one of xtoxm/flubber necessarily must be scum but haven't elaborated on why. And actually idk why I'm bitching because even if someone did I'd say "well pre flip associations suck". But basically yeah It's this dichotomy that I'm against, not actual scumreads. I'll iso you because due diligence and such
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3166 (isolation #73) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:00 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3165, skitter30 wrote:so i'm only townreading like 2.5 people rn which is troubling (ank, elbirn, kinda chara. i guess maybe succinct too by virtue of the fact that town needs to be somewhere)

i'm also only scumreading like 1.5 people rn,one of whom is the ic claim, which is also troubling (flubber, kinda xtoxm)

my reads on: tris, nimueh, creature, reck, nmsa don't really exist and/or hover around nullscum which is really disappointing in a game this long
My challenge to you is to sort tris and chara
Chara is my secret hail Mary scum read, dont tell them
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3270 (isolation #74) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:08 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3202, Ankamius wrote:
In post 3197, Creature wrote:
In post 3182, Ankamius wrote:put in Chara and take out skitter and you have my list I think
I'm townreading skitter mostly because of her edge.
ngl now that I've stepped back for a while and watched her do her own thing the last couple days, she feels like a lot of what she's saying has an agenda behind it

like she's trying to subtly sabotage my efforts without outright fighting it due to how I've been reacting to it
I'm not sure why you dont make this criticism of me instead
In post 3204, Ankamius wrote:
In post 3199, Nimueh wrote:
In post 3192, Ankamius wrote:btw just going to point out

Nim probably should be lynched the day before lylo if they're still alive by that point
Why? Don’t make me start to doubt my tr on you at this point.
because I don't feel you're obvtown enough to lock it down and I don't trust that you're readable enough to the majority of people here for any of those reads to be trusted
The way she reacts to being scumread just makes me want to not do so. I hope scum-nim doesnt react like that? Have you played with her as scum?
In post 3232, skitter30 wrote:i think i prefer tris/nmsa/xtoxm in that order but i don't love *any* of these idk
"Hey man can I copy your homework?"
"Yeah sure just change it a little so it isnt obvious"
In post 3263, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 3261, Nimueh wrote:
In post 3258, Xtoxm wrote:VOTE: Xtoxm
fuck everyone
worst town ever
Self-voting is always antitown, if you’re town.
voting town is anti town, if youre town
...hopefully this is him admitting scum?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3272 (isolation #75) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:17 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3271, Xtoxm wrote:sorry elbirn
you were the only person here that wasnt anti fun to play with
I try I suppose. Sorry you had a bg, better luck and more fun next time m8
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3280 (isolation #76) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:38 pm

Post by Elbirn »

VOTE: NMSA
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3351 (isolation #77) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:36 am

Post by Elbirn »

So does this mean xtoxm isnt hammered?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3360 (isolation #78) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:45 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I dont like this new hell
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3363 (isolation #79) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:50 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3361, Chara wrote:my gut instinct is to say Elbirn looks bad here given Xtoxm town and Flubber scum, but i have to believe that scum Elbirn would be a lot more careful about outright defending Flubber here, so i don't really believe he's one of the scum either right now.
Thank you for your understanding
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3496 (isolation #80) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:05 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3372, Chara wrote:no remarks from Elbirn and tris?
we're so close to losing, you people have to limit break. now is the time. HP's in the red. activate your Blaze ability and up that attack power.
Sorry frend I was on my way to sleepyland at the time I made what few comments I did, and I really didnt know what to say regardless. I've never played this style of game before and am unsure how to proceed. Flubber being scum fucking sucks because being wrong fucking sucks. Idk what this means for the rest of my reads yet. I need to not death tunnel Tris but I need to sort her independently of the rest of you because if I'm just sheeping and not really believing in it that's gonna be a problem. I think NMSA is probably not scum and I'll get to that. I think reck is scum? I'm really not sure about the third. Succinct posting is...improving I guess

Ugh.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3498 (isolation #81) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:09 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Okay so my big brain thought re:NMSA is essentially that if this lynchbaity fucker was on the scumteam they'd want to evacuate him before flubber. This means no IC gambit, no flubber evac, team goes all in on lynching xtoxm or another counter wagon and hoping theres enough resistance between idiots like me defending flubber for him to be the D3 evac.

And uh I guess that's it, it sounded like more of a big deal when I was reading earlier but yeah there you go I babbled it did I do good?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3499 (isolation #82) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:10 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Also: am kinda scumreading reck. Hes been on NMSA and that makes me hesitate
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3501 (isolation #83) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:12 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3497, Ankamius wrote:tell me what your thoughts are when you get them together elbirn
Can do. I do want to ask, now that you've gotten your two most desired flips (xtoxm/flubber), what have you learned?
In post 3500, Ankamius wrote:even with how big my push on him was?
My reading comprehension is ass, what is this in regards to / who?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3502 (isolation #84) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:16 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Oh jesus you're just talking about flubber

Yeah I think a competent scum team powers through xtoxm lynch and hopes the flub push dies with your confidence when xtoxm flips town. Again, there was enough resistance to the wagon and idk, new day new me, er, gamestate
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3505 (isolation #85) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by Elbirn »

My final babbling bullshit thought is that I'm wary of going with the assumption that scum doesn't bus, like basically all of you have said.

"Bus a buddy, vote a townie" is Scum 101. We need to look for otherwise scummy people placing safe votes on flubber when hes not in danger of the lynch actually going through. Theres your distancing.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3506 (isolation #86) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:24 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3504, Ankamius wrote:
In post 3502, Elbirn wrote:Oh jesus you're just talking about flubber

Yeah I think a competent scum team powers through xtoxm lynch and hopes the flub push dies with your confidence when xtoxm flips town. Again, there was enough resistance to the wagon and idk, new day new me, er, gamestate
how do you think scum handled it, or at least how they approached it
Uhm...hm. I think that depends on whether or not the IC play was planned or a last resort. If the IC fake claim was planned in advance then would it be fair to assume that scum DOESNT have to go all in on xtoxm? If it was a spur of the moment thing done in case the xtoxm wagon wasnt going through... I guess that's your answer, scum is on xtoxm.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3509 (isolation #87) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:31 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I think I need to fact check myself instead of babbling things that I think with no basis.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3519 (isolation #88) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3516, Chara wrote:Elbirn, would you mind linking me a recent scumgame?
I can but "recent" is relative when I haven't rolled scum since approximately 1973. Or 2015. They both sound so far away. I think I last played scum in Varsoons space dandy 2 but I'm not sure, I'll try to find it
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3558 (isolation #89) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:12 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Okay maybe we can just lynch nmsa
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3600 (isolation #90) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:02 am

Post by Elbirn »

Oh good lord walls of text heckin eff that
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3649 (isolation #91) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3612, tris wrote:
In post 3600, Elbirn wrote:Oh good lord walls of text heckin eff that
What do you think about my argument for NMSA being town?
I haven't read it (See post #3600)
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3662 (isolation #92) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:46 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3643, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2731, Nimueh wrote:
In post 2726, Ankamius wrote:idc

I feel like I'm the first NK for most scumteams here anyways so I'm just going to assume every day is my last
I think this setup is mountainous right? So no tprs in this game. If you are, it would likely mean that your reads are probably on the right track.
Oh good Nim scum slipped. We can just vote this and win yes?
In post 3651, tris wrote:
In post 3649, Elbirn wrote:
In post 3612, tris wrote:
In post 3600, Elbirn wrote:Oh good lord walls of text heckin eff that
What do you think about my argument for NMSA being town?
I haven't read it (See post #3600)
I was trying to point you to it there. I was replying to post 3600.

Here it is.
In post 3587, tris wrote: NMSA seems unlikely to be scum because Flubbernugget was on that wagon while it was at L-1 for a while.
Yes I was being a snarky shit, perhaps undeservedly considering the post you're pointing me to is not a wall of text. I'm sorry for being cranky. Thank you for having a concise post instead of all these others ones that I'm skipping because they make my eyes roll backwards up into my head. I agree that you've made a good point for nmsa being town.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3669 (isolation #93) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:02 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Okay yeah that's cool @the past 3667 posts, but Nim assumed the game was mountainous when that was information only scum would have

So that's literally the game right there

VOTE: Nimueh
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3670 (isolation #94) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:56 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2291, northsidegal wrote:
Votecount 1.Final
Brigitte(7)
~ (304), (119), (124), (255), (137), (55), (240)
tris(3)
~ (217), (36), (78)
skitter30(1)
~ (192)
Nimueh(1)
~ (79)

Not Voting (1): (221)

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2019-03-08 00:58:59).

Mod Notes:

skitter30 is V/LA on weekends.
Nimueh is V/LA while sick.

The heat has a way of getting to you on a clear day out at sea. Brigitte was nervous. Was she next?

Her paniced behavior did not go unnoticed. Soon enough, a crowd of people had surrounded her, questioning her as to knowledge or guilt regarding what happened to the Captain. For Brigitte, it became too much.

Someone started shouting at the crowd, trying to separate them.

"Get back! Give her some space!"

But it was too late. As the crowd parted, she was nowhere to be found, having thrown herself overboard.

Brigitte,
Crewman
, was lynched Day 1.

Day 1 ends. Day 2 begins.
The fuck did you people go

Get back here and finish this
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3673 (isolation #95) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Oh wait wtf I didnt want that

I went back to see what about Brigitte flip was so compelling and there wasnt one

Pedit: ARGGGHHH WALLS OF NONSENSE
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3679 (isolation #96) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:13 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3676, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3673, Elbirn wrote:Oh wait wtf I didnt want that

I went back to see what about Brigitte flip was so compelling and there wasnt one

Pedit: ARGGGHHH WALLS OF NONSENSE
brigitte was being bad and anti-town adn was purposefully riling up reck - iirc that's where the impetus for that wagon came from
and then iirc it stuck around for a while and she was getting close to being deadline lynched and then succinct said they liked the brigitte wagon more than the tris wagon and voted for brigitte and then brigitte got pissed off and self-hammered
I should have been more clear, lemme try again.

Nim had a post after her scumslip where she said her reason for thinking the game was mountainous was Brigitte flip and her own role PM. But Brigitte didnt flip with anything, no role card, just "brigitte, crewman, lynched day 1". So that was BS.

So while I decided against posting that end of day votecount because I didnt care to, yeah I was looking at that earlier and so accidentally multiquoted it into my next post. Apologies for causing a page of confusion

Pedit: Tris this post can be in reply to you as well
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3684 (isolation #97) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:22 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Yes I understand that.

This should not be so confusing.

Nimueh stated that she thought the game was mountainous. She thought this because of Brigitte's flip. Brigitte did not flip with anything other than a VT role name. So she's bullshitting. Her own role PM may have told her the game was mountainous because shes scum, but she did not get that info from Brigitte's flip.

Pedit: Ank dont interrupt it's very rude. If that's your scumpile then help me bus my buddy Nimueh okay? Shes literally confirmed to be scum.

Pedit 2: I have the talking pillow, skitter.

Pedit 3: Ank wait your turn
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3691 (isolation #98) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:37 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3690, tris wrote:Who besides Nimueh was/is townreading creature?
In post 3687, Ankamius wrote:
In post 3685, skitter30 wrote:idk what 'reck should not be cleared tomorrow' means
If the game doesn't end, recks towncred vanishes for me
What do you mean?
Creature obvtown cuz I say so
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3723 (isolation #99) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:51 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Hey you're doing that thing
We're playing a game. Theres nothing personal about this.

I see what you're saying about the setup; my issue with it is that I dont see that as being a conclusion I would have drawn, and that makes it hard for me to believe that it's a conclusion you came to. There are games that have flavor where the mod is a N0 kill and that have a vanilla town flipped and never have I gone "oh wow this must be mountainous". So that makes it hard for me to see what you're saying as being so obvious. Yaknow?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3760 (isolation #100) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:12 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3755, Nimueh wrote: I actually think it might be Elbirn. I don’t like how he made such a big deal about that post and never even thought about reconsidering his read on me and then he accuses me of making it “personal”, which was clearly bs.

No yeah you do because everytime anyone stink eyes in your direction you act like a tremendous shitter about it and it makes you impossible to play with. I'm just going to vote park you until one of us is dead, you killed my joy, well done
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3761 (isolation #101) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:13 am

Post by Elbirn »

You were literally locktown until you scumslipped
And then I did in fact reconsider my read
I am sorting you
You're just scum.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3788 (isolation #102) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:12 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3773, Nimueh wrote:
In post 3761, Elbirn wrote:
You were literally locktown until you scumslipped

And then I did in fact reconsider my read
I am sorting you
You're just scum.
I'm fine writing you off as town for the time being but should we wind up in a scenario where I think you might be mafia can we just...be cool? We can just have back and forth discussions and not flame war arguments. I'm here 2 b chill ~Elbirn

I just caught you in a lie. This is the only post you gave me anything close to a tr is this post and it was nowhere close to anything resembling obvtown. Why do you ask me if I’m cool with being sr? That reads not like the “locktown” read you’re falsely claiming but like you were already setting me up for a mislynch back in 3010. So why did you lie about the “townlock” read?
You're actually being literally ridiculous and for the sake of my mental and emotional health I'm not talking to you anymore.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4016 (isolation #103) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:38 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3957, Nimueh wrote: Yes, she said the vote counter is broken or something?

Elbirn voted me for dumbass reasons and NMSA immediately jumped onboard. That’s the main reason why Chara’s defensiveness is irritating to me. I’m sure if she had two votes on her, she would not find her posts very reassuring if I made them. Why? Because it is my very strong current belief that scum is trying to set up Reck/me mislynches. Therefore anyone both pushing Reck and not townlocking me, who I can’t townlock for other reasons, can’t help pinging me.
In post 3970, Nimueh wrote: That would be an awesome mechanic. Yeah, let’s swap horrible NMSA and Elbirn and bring back Brigitte and Xtoxm. I’m all for it. :lol:

I still think Elbirn is scum and NMSA is only town due to clear anti-partner associatives. Elbirn lied. He claimed to townlocked me, when the closest he ever got to that, is you can be town for now but if I sr you, we be cool crap. :roll:
In post 3998, Nimueh wrote: I dunno, I think Chara’s AtE seems genuine, where as Elbirn’s is just posturing. The only thing that gives me possible pause about it, is would scum!Elbirn really be that nasty? Would he really employ character assassination as a method to mislynch me? I’ve witnessed scum do it, so meta reads would be most useful in that regard. Like I know for me, I wouldn’t do that as scum but I’ve seen it happen and been on the receiving end of it.
.....Okay.

1. I've told you that I have zero interest in interacting with you any further. Stop taking cheap swipes at me from the sideline, its openly toxic and miserable.

2. I never lied and you repeatedly stating that I did is horseshit. Stop it. You were town to me, even if I didnt verbally suck your dick about it in thread. I sincerely had you as town because you are capable of decent analysis, except for when anyone disagrees with or scumreads you in which case your ability for intelligent discourse vanishes. The fact that you put me from town to lockscum and your most confident scumread solely in reaction to me scumreading you is fucking absurd. And earlier when I implored you to just be fucking chill: that was a call for fucking
civility
instead of this toxic bullshit you pull. That you want to turn that into a bizarro world reason to push me is fucking insulting.

3. I'd tell you to point me to any character assassination I've done considering I was doing my best to be civil previously, but hey I guess now you can just point everyone to this post so fuck me I guess.

Yeah Frozen Angel, do not sign up for a game I'm in ever again, under any alt, idgaf, every time i play with you is the literal worst experience

Just fucking go away

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Succinct
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4035 (isolation #104) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:03 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4030, Succinct wrote:
In post 4016, Elbirn wrote:VOTE: Succinct
Need I remind you: until Elbirn cast this vote, he was the lead wagon.
Prior to this point, he's shown zero scumread of me.

It's survivalism/opportunism at its finest.
In post 4031, Succinct wrote:It's also noteworthy: Elbirn's the only player in this game to have played with me on this account in a past game.
He makes no reference to it at all, no mention of me, no engagement, not even a "succinct was wrong last time and is wrong yet again". Nothing, in spite of being the one player best positioned to have commentary on my play.
*audible farting noise*
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4234 (isolation #105) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:28 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4200, northsidegal wrote:
Votecount 3.2
Succinct (4):
Tohru , skitter30 , Elbirn , Chara
Elbirn (3):
tris , Succinct , xRECKONERx
Nimueh (1):
NotMySpamAccount

Not voting (2):
Creature, Nimueh

With 10 alive, it’s 6 to lynch. The Day 3 deadline is in (expired on 2019-03-31 02:45:59).
Oh cool I'm the counterwagon
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4235 (isolation #106) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:29 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4232, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 4038, Nimueh wrote:
In post 4018, Creature wrote:Nimueh is FA?
News to me. :lol:

*Somewhere Ank is laughing her ass off at this*
this almost feels like a gameo f meta-mafia tryin to figure out if nim is lying about being FA, which would be the best way toconceal her identity if she were FA. idk though, no experience with either of you.
This line of inquiry is not fruitful, and I'm sorry I suggested who the alt may be, that was out of line. We should all drop this topic.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4318 (isolation #107) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:09 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4310, Tohru wrote:The last scum is in tris or Creature. I think it's a lot more likely to be tris. Who has been playing a fantastic game, by the way.
I think Tris' unvoting me was rather townie, especially if you consider me the town counter wagon to the scumcinct wagon
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4326 (isolation #108) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:22 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Hey chara if you're town can you stop voting me? I'm kind of settling on a succinct/reck team and you're harshing my mellow maaaan
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4404 (isolation #109) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:27 am

Post by Elbirn »

None of what you quoted was a scunslip, nim

Please dont go back to SR'ing skitter shes being obvtown

Theres tons of resistance to succinct wagon (see: the elbirn counterwagon)

Nmsa is lynch bait

Nmsa dont self hammer its ducking abhorrent, that's right, ducking abhorrent because fuck spellcheck

Work time bye
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4413 (isolation #110) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:54 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4409, Succinct wrote:
In post 4404, Elbirn wrote:Theres tons of resistance to succinct wagon (see: the elbirn counterwagon)
The Elbirn wagon predates the Succinct wagon.
Try again.
I dont rightly care which came first. One of us is scum. It isnt me. My wagon is being pushed to save your life. If mine started before yours than all that really means is that your partner probably jumped on later than sooner, so thanks for the tip.

If we were both town scum would have finished one of us off by now, I think we can all agree on that yes?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4419 (isolation #111) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:46 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4379, northsidegal wrote:
Votecount 3.4
Succinct (4):
Tohru , skitter30 , Elbirn , NotMySpamAccount
Elbirn (3):
Succinct , xRECKONERx , Chara
NotMySpamAccount (2):
Nimueh , Creature

Not voting (1):
tris

With 10 alive, it’s 6 to lynch. The Day 3 deadline is in (expired on 2019-03-31 02:45:59).

My scum pool is literally succinct/reck/chara at this point and this is what the votecount is.

Succinct is being voted by the obvtown, me, and one lynchbait

The not voting is Tris who uh..if shes scum shes done a very good job of posturing around me. I'm not looking there. Creature is town and nim is....well I have to play pretending shes town so yeah. I'm just going to hope that her knowing the setup was mountainous somehow doesnt make her scum, and if she is we'll have words about that postgame.

The elbirn wagon is the leftovers. Succinct is succinct, reck posted a soulless obvious scumcase that I just ignored, and chara flipping her read on me is just SOMETHING.

When yall lynch me never forgetti the solve is in succinct/reck/chara
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4421 (isolation #112) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4418, xRECKONERx wrote:i have to say my biggest issue with succinct as it stands at the moment is that he always shows up
conveniently
right after there's momentum for something. so like, it looks kinda safe. because i don't really recall succinct starting a push, ever, or stating a wholly unique read. he kinda just shows up to parrot whatever other people have already said
Oh wait are you town and I'm just badmad

Get on the winning team my guy
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4425 (isolation #113) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:21 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4116, Chara wrote:VOTE: Succinct
it's not about anyone being town.
In post 4132, Chara wrote:you don't have to worry about that, the only posts i'm making for the rest of this phase is vote Succinct.
In post 4236, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 4143, Tohru wrote:This discussion has long stopped being about finding scum and game solving but instead extrapersonal and hot tempers.

If you are lost and do not feel that you are in the mood to think, if you are exhausted, or if you are fatigued from the game, please vote Succinct with me and end this.
screw it, this game is toxic, I don't even care anymore, VOTE: succinct to get out of this game
In post 4267, Chara wrote:i'm sorry for upsetting you. i didn't realize that what i was saying was hurtful, but i did definitely post while heated and that isn't a good idea. my issues were entirely related to how skitter would not have joined this game (and i don't think she should have) if she had been PMed to /out for her peace of mind and yours. but that is out of game and an opinion and i brought it up at an inappropriate time.

i also may have misunderstood the rules regarding alts and blacklists. i took what i knew from a rules clarification post made by zoraster about it where he mentioned player blacklists and mod blacklists together.

i didn't mean to insult nor bully anyone.

pedit: i'm confident in all of my townreads besides tris, i think. so Elbirn/tris/Succinct/NMSA are the only players i would consider lynching.
i think out of them i like Elbirn as a vote the most.

So I uh....I *really* dont like the hop onto me, especially after they just got done saying succinct was one of their preferred lynches and with succinct being at L-1 by my count at this point

...But does scumchara leave their buddy even at L-2 for the night and risks the lynch, it even took them a few hours to take succinct off L-1. Look at the times as well.

Maybe I'm barking mad
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4440 (isolation #114) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:13 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4439, skitter30 wrote:i mean it's possible said person ont hammering didn't hammer town!succinct because they were the designated deep wolf who def wasn't gonig to escape tonight anyways so it isn't like *as foolproof* as lylo but like it's a pretty strong reason to townread someone

i suppose we could like pseudo hammer-test people?
not sure this is a good idea, just kinda spitballing and thinking aloud
This doesnt work with scum-succinct and if hes town then as soon as he's put at L-1 optimal play would be for the designated escapee to just drop the hammer and bounce out tha game

It's a no from me.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4475 (isolation #115) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:14 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4464, Chara wrote:4 days until deadline.
i can't figure out who Succinct's partner would be if scum, and i'm not convinced Elbirn is town in spite of his frustration seeming real.

on the other hand, if Succinct is town i feel she should be dead with a scum hammer. unless both scum are already on her? this needs more examination of exactly when and how long Succinct was at L-1 for but i don't have the time for that right this minute.
If both scum were voting town-succinct, they would have swapped to me by now for the hammer.

There pretty much necessarily has to be one if not both scum voting for me right now, otherwise I'd be dead by now

Why do you consider this PoV for succinct but not moi?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4477 (isolation #116) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:41 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4470, Nimueh wrote:
In post 4461, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 4459, Nimueh wrote:
I have a bad feeling that we’re going to lose this game because of Ank replace out, because no one will listen to me or Creature.
:(
no, if we lose, it'll be because nobody listened to anybody, and we compromise near deadline on mislynches.
Yes, and I think we once again have tvt wagons. Succinct is a blatant mislynch and I’m thinking Elbirn may be as well.
Tvt wagons dont make sense here. Why hasn't scum finished one off?
In post 4474, Nimueh wrote:
In post 4465, Creature wrote:I think we have quite a lot to find Succinct's partner if she's scum, otherwise, if she's town I won't know exactly where to go.
But her partner wouldn’t let her languish at L-2 like that and never do anything to stop it - not in this setup anyway. And no one tried to stop it, which is why I would be legit shocked if she flips scum.

I think scum is NMSA/Skitter.

NMSA for that Flubberesque post and him wanting to end the game, even “if scum wins” and Skitter for suggesting that there is any world that scum!NMSA risks a ban on here, for blatantly game throwing.
I dont think scum skitter goes all in defending me from being mislynched when she could bump me off instead
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4483 (isolation #117) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4481, Nimueh wrote:P.edit, @Elbirn, if scum is already on your wagon, then how can they “finish you off”? That logic, would also obviously extend to Succinct.
But my post was working with the hypothetical of skitter-scum, who is not voting for me. Shes voting for succinct.

Also, to you, tris, and now reck who apparently think I dont know the rules of this setup, of course only one scum can escape. How hard do you think it would be for scum #1 to posture about and finally justify putting a wagon at L-1, and then scum #2 can hammer and escape? They've had fucking D A Y S to do so at this point. Why haven't they?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4487 (isolation #118) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by Elbirn »

No I'm scum with ur mom now get on succinct
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4489 (isolation #119) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:14 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Im sorry if I'm being grouchy

I'm having a grouchy day and this particular gamestate makes me also grouchy

I think I'm also becoming frustrated with people not seeing my PoV, which they naturally cant so that's not fair of me. But like I have the knowledge that I am town and that makes this solve feel really obvious to me
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4491 (isolation #120) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:15 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4488, tris wrote:I've decided that Chara is definitely not scum.
Reasoning?

Shes still part of my PoE so sorting her would be swell
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4493 (isolation #121) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4492, Nimueh wrote: So why didn’t they then? At times, both wagons were at L-2.
Girl I know you didnt just answer my question by asking me my own question
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4510 (isolation #122) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:02 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4496, Nimueh wrote:
In post 4493, Elbirn wrote:
In post 4492, Nimueh wrote: So why didn’t they then? At times, both wagons were at L-2.
Girl I know you didnt just answer my question by asking me my own question
Your theory is that both scum would put a town wagon at L-1 and hammer, right?

So my point is, that both wagons were at L-2, Succinct’s even got to L-1, albeit briefly, so my point is, why didn’t scum hammer either? I’m asking this, because I think your theory is wrong because of the remaining scum, who can’t escape until the following night.
But that's what I've been saying, or trying to say, or whatever.

Succinct sat at L-1 and was not hammered. This necessarily means one of the following is true:

1. Both scum are already voting her
2. Scum are incompetent/were not online to hammer
3. She's scum

I am currently at L-2 and have not been hammered. This means one of the following is true:

1. One or both scum are already voting me
2. Scum are incompetent/cant setup a scenario where quick lynching me is possible

I think the answer is 3, 1.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4512 (isolation #123) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4511, NotMySpamAccount wrote: let's assume scum aren't incompetent. is there a way to know when someone was online? we can locktown a few people that way.
I do like to assume scum are intelligent.

But I dont think this line of thinking is very fruitful. We could determine that someone was online if they made posts around that time, but that's not a guarantee they were lurking/viewing the thread, and just because someone wasnt verifiably online doesnt mean they werent online, and even if they werent online that doesnt make them scum

And it just feels like outside influences on the game and I dont find it very sporting
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4539 (isolation #124) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:31 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4513, tris wrote:
In post 4490, skitter30 wrote:tris what exactly is your read on succinct?
I don't have a very clear read on Succinct. I think Enter was sort of town, maybe. I think Succinct is being limited by their self imposed posting style. So, I think some of the reasons for them being scum are faulty. But, I could still see them as being scum. Idk. The main reason I'm not voting for Succinct is that I can only see Reck as being their partner, and I have a really hard time seeing that. And, if we lynch here and it's wrong, there's more options to sort through, whereas if whatever counterwagon is a mislynch and Reck or Succinct escape, then we can lynch the other.
In post 4491, Elbirn wrote:
In post 4488, tris wrote:I've decided that Chara is definitely not scum.
Reasoning?

Shes still part of my PoE so sorting her would be swell
A lot of her thinking lately has fit with how I'm thinking and seems natural, and I think she would have stayed on Succinct if she were scum.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, VOTE: NMSA I kind of thinking Elbirn might be town.

I don't think the skitter quote nimueh has been quoting is scummy though.
Succinct/Reck/Chara are my scum pool right now. You saying "I can only see succinct being scum with reck soo neither are scum! :)" makes my heart hurt.

If chara is scum...then she absolutely would not have stayed on scum-succinct so your reasoning there is also bananas.

Finally, literally lynch me if you're just going to setup another counter wagon because this is just painful.

Honestly lynch me or succinct. If its succinct, we win. If it's me, succinct escapes tonight, we get to go into lylo tomorrow with both of our alignments flipped and it should be easy for all of you to figure out the partner from there.

Pedit: oh no look out its literally everyone all at once
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4545 (isolation #125) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:36 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4543, tris wrote:
In post 4539, Elbirn wrote: If chara is scum...then she absolutely would not have stayed on scum-succinct so your reasoning there is also bananas.
If Chara is scum, then Succinct is not scum.
Because?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4566 (isolation #126) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:56 pm

Post by Elbirn »

But I dont know that anyone else fits with succinct. Chara has felt dodgy to me and their read flip on me was really bad for someone who's townread me all game.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4567 (isolation #127) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:56 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4565, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 4564, Creature wrote:Yeah, Succinct probably isn't with Chara
I'd agree, I want to see everyone not currently voting Succinct to post without hammering, and then I'd be fine letting Chara hammer.
She'll refuse to hammer and that should be GG
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4599 (isolation #128) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:41 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I really had creature as locktown and idek why

Props to tohru for carrying this one to the goal line so the rest of us could brute force it through; near all of us had succinct as town based on enters play and that fresh face going "wait but this slot has done fuck all" saved the day

NSG dont kid yourself, this game was great, flavor was well done and I appreciate how professionally you mod
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4672 (isolation #129) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:03 am

Post by Elbirn »

Hang on are we arguing about the balance of a game where in order to win as scum you had to have a perfect game?

Lol?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4683 (isolation #130) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:58 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4679, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 4598, xRECKONERx wrote:Who was screaming about creature town meta again?

Friendly reminder meta is trash
the only thing trash is yours and many others play here

Imagine digging. Normal scumhunting is like having a shovel. It's slow, it's capable of digging but often you wont have enough time to empty that shit. Meta is like getting an excavator. So much quicker, more efficient, and powerful, but if used by untrained people can do far more damage than good.

This was Creature's scum game, through and through. I am very annoyed at this town for not seeing that. I was going to replace in and tunnel it but Nim and Reck and others looked kinda unbearable to play with and I didnt want to deal with that.

I have more thoughts in dead thread. GG. I think this setup is probably townsided FWIW, at least on ms ot might be different.
You weren't even in this game

SHE DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”