NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3000 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:42 am

Post by NotMySpamAccount »

In post 2974, Ankamius wrote:I don't really say this enough in games

Whenever I feel like I have a confident solve in a game and enough scum properly pegged to be able to push town into a win, I'm always much more afraid of getting NKed and town being thrown off track without me there than of getting my scumreads lynched

I don't want to get these lynches because I forced people to sheep me with no other choice

I want town to be set up to be able to get them without me there at all

And having someone who can hold a lot of influence over the rest of the town fall prey to a paranoic mindset as a solve is being put into effect is one of the single worst scenarios I can think of

I want to avoid that scenario much more than I want either of these lynches
If ank isn't town I will
literally
eat my hat
Show
Town: 6-5
Scum: 2-1
3p: 0-1

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

Indefinite/permanent v/la
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3001 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:43 am

In post 2986, xRECKONERx wrote:VOTE: Flubber L-1
xRECKONERx wrote:wait no VOTE: xtoxm

i think flub is town
Why?
Show

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3002 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:44 am

In post 2988, Succinct wrote:
In post 2867, Ankamius wrote:speaking of elbirn
he's done literally nothing in the past week now
In post 2883, Ankamius wrote:I think this is scum #3
So you agree with my solve?
In post 2901, skitter30 wrote:i kinda think elbirn is town tbh
Explain?
In post 2917, Nimueh wrote:I’m townlocking Creature, Ank and Chara. Thanks Elbirn. <3
Not me? :(
In post 2922, Nimueh wrote:I’m actually thinking now that everyone save Xtoxm, Elbirn and Flubber are town. Flubber at least in part due to associatives.
Your solve's compatible with mine, if you'd add NMSA in.
In post 2928, Chara wrote:i really don't think Flubber/Elbirn/Xtoxm is ever a team here.
What about Flubber/Elbirn/NMSA?
What posts are your scumread on me based on?
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3003 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:47 am

In post 2994, Creature wrote:I like both Flubber and Xtoxn wagons and I'd predict about one total scum between both of them.
"about" does this mean you're fairly cinfident it's SvT? if so, which is more likely to be scum? how likely do you think it is that both are scum, or neither? I would agree with this statement if "about" were replaced with "at least"
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3004 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:47 am

In post 2996, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2992, Creature wrote:
In post 2959, Ankamius wrote:Creature I will trust the townreads of
-_-
I have a very bad track record of reading you, sorry :V
Then why do you trust his townreads?
Show

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #3005 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:55 am

Post by Creature »

In post 3003, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 2994, Creature wrote:I like both Flubber and Xtoxn wagons and I'd predict about one total scum between both of them.
"about" does this mean you're fairly cinfident it's SvT? if so, which is more likely to be scum? how likely do you think it is that both are scum, or neither? I would agree with this statement if "about" were replaced with "at least"
Oh, I meant if we sum up both wagons, we'd have about one scum among the voters (because most of them are varying degrees of townread).
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #3006 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:56 am

Post by Creature »

In post 3004, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
-_-
If plenty of players with more experience than you showed to be confident on one player being town, would you trust them?
Sigh
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3007 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:07 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2898, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2878, Elbirn wrote:I liked both of these posts, fight me dorks
i actually kinda hate the xtoxm post
I can see WHY someone would dislike it but when I'm in the midst of my "why does ankamius control this game" paranoia seeing someone else question her authority felt nice

I think we've gone over this in a previous game, but I tend to townread people coming to the same conclusions as me. This might not be a good thing and I am aware of that. But I'm really not sure how to get a grasp of town/scum if I cant see their motivations and the person thinking what I do more likely has my motivations than the person thinking the literal opposite.
In post 2899, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2881, Elbirn wrote:I had some other multiquotes that gotten eaten by the cookie monster so idek what else I wanted to say

Reck said some gross shit earlier but no one cared so I guess I'm just insane
Skitter is town but under gross pretenses
I have a guess who nimueh is and I guess I'm just not allowed to actually play with them because if I vote there she'll never shut the fuck up so gg on being abusive
I should actually case tris or sort her properly, shit or get off the pot

Idk what else
uh yeah sorry about that
i had a townread on reck like a bajillion years ago but it's gone now
what don't you like about ank? i think she's pretty obvtown tbh
i also think chara is probably town but i'm not as solid on that

i know you said a bit further down you don't/can't case people rn but can you just say in like a sentence why you like flubber and xtoxm?
My issue with ank is that she seems to have this game state by the balls but shes using that influence to push town. And she openly and confidently seems to be pushing people related to what info she thinks that will get her, rather than their alignment, and even, in that post of hers I quoted earlier, makes the case herself why that doesnt work: because preflips associations dont work.

Like shes built a house of cards based on flubber being scum, is only pushing him because "if flubber is scum then we have all this info", has already pre-emptively made the "oops I was wrong tee-hee" post, and I can't find why she thinks flubber is scum and she hasn't elaborated to me yet. A proper process would be to posit someone as scum and why, and then maaaybe start considering possibilities for scummates, but possibilities for scummates is never the case itself, it's something to not seriously care about until you get the flip.

But to be clear I frankly dont even know that I think shes scum. It's entirely probable that what we have is just a difference in philosophies and playstyle and really the point of all my naysaying is simply that I dont like any of her conclusions, I think regardless of alignment shes pushing town, and I dont like that the game is being led by someone whose ideas are completely antithetical to my own.

I've pedited this post like 999 times cuz yall made probably multiple more pages between last night and now, and I think I read chara say something about how I have hardly any context on this game because I've been largely absent and therefore dont really have a right to have confident reads. shes right, and I dont. I'm just babbling about how I feel with what little I have gleaned so far.
In post 2901, skitter30 wrote:i kinda think elbirn is town tbh

@elbirn which part of the game have you read and/or been following?
I've read/skimmed like...page 1 through 10, 37 where I replaced in, had my eyes glaze over when instructed to read page 49, and read maybe 80-115 over the past 2 days. Other various pages have been read when able, didnt feel like I got anything out of it, promptly forgotten. I've spent a lot of time just skimming and then going "I cant this is just bullshit" and going about my day

I really cant play mafia without just being here frankly and I haven't been
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3008 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:20 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 3001, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 2986, xRECKONERx wrote:VOTE: Flubber L-1
xRECKONERx wrote:wait no VOTE: xtoxm

i think flub is town
Why?
ive explained this already im not going to do your work for you
green shirt thursdays
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3009 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:31 am

Post by Ankamius »

Ok Elbirn might not be scum

Just not understanding how I reached the solve
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3010 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:22 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2917, Nimueh wrote:I’m townlocking Creature, Ank and Chara. Thanks Elbirn. <3
I think theres a minimum of two town there so good job Nim you're doing great
In post 2937, Nimueh wrote:
In post 2928, Chara wrote:i really don't think Flubber/Elbirn/Xtoxm is ever a team here.
I think his recent posts are actually the scummiest of the three.

The sudden over the top aggression, just basically coming out of nowhere. Unless Elbirn is an alt, I’m sure I’ve never played with him before.
I'm not an alt, and I have like confidence level 1000 that we've played a game before where you were on your main. I'm not about to out it but I could PM you post game if you care.

Anyway, a flub/xtoxm/me team is wrong + your scumread on me because I called you abusive is..really not the best but uhm I would like to take a moment to apologize to you, actually, because I think I was out of line. So uh. I'm sorry.

With that being said, yeah, I do believe that you're very reactionary and you scumread dissent and people you perceive as "against" you, and that wont help you find scum. I'm fine writing you off as town for the time being but should we wind up in a scenario where I think you might be mafia can we just...be cool? We can just have back and forth discussions and not flame war arguments. I'm here 2 b chill
In post 2974, Ankamius wrote:I don't really say this enough in games

Whenever I feel like I have a confident solve in a game and enough scum properly pegged to be able to push town into a win, I'm always much more afraid of getting NKed and town being thrown off track without me there than of getting my scumreads lynched

I don't want to get these lynches because I forced people to sheep me with no other choice

I want town to be set up to be able to get them without me there at all

And having someone who can hold a lot of influence over the rest of the town fall prey to a paranoic mindset as a solve is being put into effect is one of the single worst scenarios I can think of

I want to avoid that scenario much more than I want either of these lynches
Being paranoid of the NK in a so far nightless game is...something?
In post 2991, Ankamius wrote:I'll go more into why people should be okay with a Flubber lynch later today

Absolute worst case for anybody, it's an information gold mine
When you do, can you reiterate why you think Flub is scum? I dont lynch people for information, I lynch people because I think they're scum. I get I'm the shitty lurker who hasn't been doing his homework and is begging to be spoonfed but if you want my vote I need you to know that I cant work with "lynch X, itll be informative"
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3011 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:56 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 3010, Elbirn wrote:Being paranoid of the NK in a so far nightless game is...something?
I specifically confirmed with NSG in the game thread that we will NOT know ahead of time roughly what time of day we will know when the night phase is available again.

Which means it could literally be set up so that "day 2 ends = NIGHTS ARE ACTIVATED = night 2 begins"
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3012 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3011, Ankamius wrote:
In post 3010, Elbirn wrote:Being paranoid of the NK in a so far nightless game is...something?
I specifically confirmed with NSG in the game thread that we will NOT know ahead of time roughly what time of day we will know when the night phase is available again.

Which means it could literally be set up so that "day 2 ends = NIGHTS ARE ACTIVATED = night 2 begins"
You know ank you're right and that was badposting on my part
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3013 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:20 am

Post by Ankamius »

that wasn't meant to be snarky

I'm sorry
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3014 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:43 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2988, Succinct wrote:In post 2901, skitter30 wrote:
i kinda think elbirn is town tbh
Explain?
frustration at ank seems genuine; doesn't feel like something he's doing to undermine her reads/influence/whatever, it really feels like he doesn't understand her and as a result doesn't like how she's leading the game
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3015 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:46 am

Post by Ankamius »

you know

I went into work today planning on writing this big case on why exactly xtoxm and flubber both just make the most sense as scum

but I hate doing that

so I didn't
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3016 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:48 am

Post by skitter30 »

@tris can you get on flubber please?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3017 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:50 am

Post by Ankamius »

does anyone need anything specific tho
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #3018 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:52 am

Post by Creature »

It's a kind of magic
It's a kind of magic
A kind of magic
One dream, one soul, one prize
One goal, one golden glance of what should be
Sigh
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3019 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

no not really
i'd mostly been protesting the xtoxm thing because of the residual townread on urap but xtoxm i think has largely eroded it over the past few irl days
Show
Hiatus once more.

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3020 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:12 am

In post 3005, Creature wrote:
In post 3003, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
Oh, I meant if we sum up both wagons, we'd have about one scum among the voters (because most of them are varying degrees of townread).
Ah ok, I see what you mean now. The questions still stand though, anyone feel free to answer them.
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3021 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:13 am

In post 3006, Creature wrote:
In post 3004, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
-_-
If plenty of players with more experience than you showed to be confident on one player being town, would you trust them?
ok, again I misunderstood.
Show

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #3022 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:14 am

Post by Creature »

If it's SvS it's weird none of them is pushing the other so far.
Sigh
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3023 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:16 am

Post by Ankamius »

I don't think it's very suspicious creature

not when there's a very loud town pushing the top two wagons as scumpartners
Elbirn