Best way to do relationship charts?

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:33 am

Post by Psyche »

i have no idea what lsgs are like but this is an interesting problem
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:40 am

Post by Psyche »

oh yeah i agree with captainmeme
can imagine your representations of gamestates right now as an N-by-1 matrix where for each of N players you measure
your
relationship with them while you could instead have an N-by-N matrix where you measure each person's relationship with each other person's relationship. The diagonal of this matrix can just be greyed out (or set to maximum affinity...)
it'll be harder to see all your notes in one place since they'll likely be truncated from cell to cell, but if you make the table right you'll be able to "focus" on particular players and see all your notes about them listed in full together
there might be some cool mathy things you can do with matrices like these to maybe predict relationships between people or other dynamics, but i'm not sure if such things would fit the context of an LSG game or not; interesting to ponder sometime maybe
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:42 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 7, Randomnamechange wrote:the only problem is if you want to denote multi person alliances. maybe give each alliance a code, and add the codes people share into their corresponding relationship box?
Add another row/column for the alliance!

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”