Problems with the Queues

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #46 (isolation #0) » Thu May 17, 2018 4:29 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Hey, so, I have to apologize for the Micro Queue issues. All of the gripes were my doing and should not have happened. Leabing a game in for a monts was me being hopeful it would fill. The fact that it, and 2 other games, took long enough to get pulled would have had me instate a rule for maximum time in signups.maybe akin to the Large Themed one where games must get 2/3rds full in a week or get pulled, and have 1 extra week if they reach that marker.
I am not there to institute this though. All of my ruleset was based on experience and trying to make it better with community feedback.

As for the mod who was unqualified, I had let them mod based on external experience. They only have 1 micro's experience now so in the eyes of the site they still need to follow the New Mod rules and I'm sure they will be made to.

As for whether mods care or not, you areissing context. There are a lot of V/LAs occurring all at once and that really strains things. Just before I left a backend issue was resolved so the listmods can cover for each other more easily and I think it was a very important step! Losing Llama, my debacle, plus the V/LAs is really straining to everything on that end of things! And Zor really does care. I think he does a good job on the back end, which once again you wouldn't see! He greenlights projects and has a lot of interest in making things better here! Do you think him pulling out of things is because he doesnt care or because he cares enough to see that it needs to be in someone else's hands?

I'm not saying the site is perfect. We have a lot that needs to be done to get us back on track! Like, a hell of a lot! But it's not like things aren't in the works! Changes take time.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #48 (isolation #1) » Thu May 17, 2018 4:42 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 47, Alisae wrote:Oh ok Ari I’ll believe you
I'll folliw this post up with some criticisms and things I do agree with from this thread, I'm just heading to work and don't have time atm.

As I say, change is needed. I kniw that. I was one who was working on that! Remember my "last words" post in SGB anout all the things I wamted to do?

There is a lit that needs to change. I think it looks different from outside and inside though so I want to see both sides presented.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #51 (isolation #2) » Thu May 17, 2018 4:52 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 49, AnonymousGhost wrote:
In post 41, callforjudgement wrote:Oh, and a simple fix to mod permission issues: why not just give mods permission to start threads when their game enters signups? Not necessarily with the intent of the mod
using
it until the game fills, but simply as a way to remove one potential source of delay in the process.
I think this is a good fix to this particular problem. Alternatively, it could an automatic feature that clicks into place when the slots have been filled.
Once again, something that I know has been done on request before. From a listmodding perspective you have ti be aware of the game playerlist, acknowledge it is full, and assign a number to it before the gamethread is setup though. My permissions, when given like this, were so that a Mod thread could be set up. I still expected game acknowledgement before it woukd start.

Simple solution so long as people don't abuse it, and with the number of people who post in queue threads that their game is full and expect insta-grat I don't know if people would respect it.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #88 (isolation #3) » Fri May 18, 2018 3:11 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Yeah, that's a little extreme.

I have a few mods I refuse to play under, and I am better for it! Nut to enforce a balance rule is ridiculous.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #104 (isolation #4) » Sat May 19, 2018 7:04 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Is the Tiny Queue still a thing as a Micro sub-queue?

People loved that thing!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #126 (isolation #5) » Sat May 19, 2018 11:43 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 125, BBmolla wrote:I meant standardized role pms though.
I believe that is a goal of both the Normal and Wiki teams
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #143 (isolation #6) » Sun May 20, 2018 3:58 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 140, SirCakez wrote:Why not assign two List Mods per queue? We certainly could get people to do it and it would help for situations where the List Mod goes V/LA or is too busy or whatever.
:lol: :lol:

It's reeeally not that simple and the number of people who apply is far less than you think!

When you take out joke apps and ones that simply do not stand the test, it is really limited!

Plus, why? We have a backup listmod and we all cover for each other! This is literally so unnecessary!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #201 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:32 am

Post by Aristophanes »

part of the problem here comes from the userbase here tho. if you look at the queues right now, there are currently 5 mods queued up between the open (2), mini themed (0), micro (2), and newbie (1) queues. players are a problem too, as the micro queue has seen a game pulled just today, the mini themed queue had "players and mods wanted" or whatever in the title, and the newbies have bare bones ic (1) and se (2) for a single game signed up.

i don't know what we can do other than promoting open setups and whatnot for mods to try out in the various queues but we need to address this badly. Is nobody is modding and nobody is playing, what even is this site for? speakeasy is always so busy, so how do we get those users into the queues to play and mod games?

i think ot would be nice to have apart of ypur site identity be the number of games you've modded, like under your pronoun have a "games modded" section which yes, would add work for the green team to keep up with but might get people more interested in hosting games. Another that was discussed a few years ago was a "my hero" honorary scummy for those who replace into a certain number of games throughout the year. this would ideally promote people to take that plunge. Perhaps recognizing those who religiously ic games would be good too, as ics are the ones who make or break site growth sometimes. maybe call it "sensei" or something.

i just hate seeing so many low queues, especially in the summertime when it is supposed to be busy here.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #206 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:44 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 203, brassherald wrote:Hey, mods can only mod one game at a time. I am modding my one game, and towards the end of the currently running game I'll start the design process on my next game so that it's a smooth transition.

But, yeah, we have a shortage in really every queue now, it's kind of sad.
this only applies for the mini themed and normal queues. by wording my understanding is that you can also have 2 micros, and a large themed at the same time as that.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #228 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Aristophanes »

You're doing a fine job T :)
- Jingle

Return to “Mafia Discussion”