Mini Normal 2062: Erinnerungen (um game over)

The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:25 am

Post by The Last Knight »

In post 1214, u r a person 2 wrote:VOTE: TLK

This is a great lynch for today. If it flips scum, and I really think it will, it basically lock towns Shiidaji for me, which is good.
I'm town, bud.

And, like Vedith said, Shiidaji was basically already conftown because of Persivul. Which is a shame because she scumreads me.
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:39 am

Post by Emperor flippyNips »

In post 1159, Shiidaji wrote:
In post 1086, Vedith wrote:Okay I'm willing to listen.
I wanted to vote DEB today to see how they reacted. I can tell you it was very poorly though.
b4 that, what was your read on TLK at the very end of Day 1? The reason I feel less confident in townreading you is because of how biting your comments were towards TLK near twilight yet you seem to be hem-hawing on his alignment rn.

Spoiler: Vedith End of d1
In post 960, Vedith wrote:
In post 959, The Last Knight wrote:Once again a wagon. But it feels desperate more so than actual scum reading.
Couldn't the same be said about you?
In post 963, Vedith wrote:TLK talks about Wilky eager to end the day whole putting Wilky at L1.
Let's just take that in for a moment.
In post 964, Vedith wrote:
In post 962, The Last Knight wrote:I have no reason to be desperate. So I don't think that applies.
If you're Scum buddy is at L2 of course you have reason to be desperate.
In post 965, Vedith wrote:
In post 962, The Last Knight wrote:If you or Wilky can prove that Wilky has done these things too, please do.
If I can prove he has done things?
What?

Wilkys posting looks town. If you actually read his ISO it looks like he's making progression on his reads which Scum just don't do, even more so day 1 as they don't want to be stuck with reads.

Voting in someone outside of your town pool doesn't mean it's Scum motivated.
I've swapped my votes plenty, why are you not putting the pressure on me for it?
In post 969, Vedith wrote:Green flip means I lynch in DEB or TLK.
In post 976, Vedith wrote:
In post 974, The Last Knight wrote:I'm also pretty eager to end the day. So I put him at L-1. If he's a vig, that's a big blow. But plenty of people tried not to get killed. If he was something we didn't want to lose, I wish he said something sooner.
15mins between the last 2 votes and no intent or posting to even try and get this.
If Wilky is a town PR don't go blaming this on Wilky.

And how the fuck can you use Wilky being eager to end the day and then say this?

Like I do not see the above posts coming from someone that just said "TLK I'm not sure" and wants a case from me.
I want Chara URA and Flippy to weigh in on this.
im having alot of mixed feelings about vedith rn, i kind of have a scum lean on him just cos i find the way he's posting sort of erratic but a couple people in this game have been that way, & from what i know of vedith he's bit of a troll making it hard to get a read on him.
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:43 am

In post 509, Scepticism wrote:
In post 507, Creature wrote:
In post 499, Scepticism wrote:Btw, I do not know Flavor Leaf irl (seems worth mentioning in this game :] ).
What was the point of this post?
Humor. Same as posting a waves pic.

Anyway, stop coast-ing. After 5 days and 20 pages you have no thoughts? If I can form a read after just a light skim, so can you.
Okay, so the John Marv -> Scepticism -> Insomnia slot has been pinging me from the beginning. I don't really know why Scept left but this post was his last.

The last line in particular does imply something for me: maybe the reason he was able to make such a quick read after a skim was because he knew everyone's alignment already. Maybe Occam's Razor, maybe wifom. But it just popped into my head when reading, so I thought I'd say it.

Gotta say though, Insomnia, you do post a lot more and have good logic from what I can see. You have a tough legacy to live up to though. I want to like you but I don't think you can scum your way out of this, if that is the case. I have to take everyone one of your posts into account along with the seven or so left over from your predecessors.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:50 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1223, L84Dnr wrote:Semantics. I guess posting Shiidaji's scumslip in Bolded Yellow wasn't enough push.
I must have missed the scum slip entirely. quote the post?
103-11 0-2
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:53 am

In post 1028, insomnia wrote:I'm going to approach a new analysis that's totally not stolen from someone on this website

L8 votes FL and unvotes in like 5 posts and then FL tr's L8, but L8 has never dropped a vote that quick. I can just say if one of them flips scum, the other has a high chance of being scum.

I'm careful with FL, he's a good player, I had my first game against him and he spotted my scum ass on night 2 and got my scum bud lynched day one. For that reason, I expect him to catch some scum, otherwise through the almighty BoP, he's probably scum himself.
I like the meta you presented about yourself here.

Question about the first half: do you mean that L8 never dropped a vote that quick in this game or over several games?
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:54 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1227, The Last Knight wrote:Gotta say though, Insomnia, you do post a lot more and have good logic from what I can see. You have a tough legacy to live up to though. I want to like you but I don't think you can scum your way out of this, if that is the case. I have to take everyone one of your posts into account along with the seven or so left over from your predecessors.
I don't understand this. What legacy does he have to live up to?

What can't he scum his way out of? The post you quoted?
103-11 0-2
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:04 pm

In post 1042, insomnia wrote:
In post 1021, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 1019, Flavor Leaf wrote:But it looks like strong scum play to me, and that’s what’s sticking out for me the most right now.
yah it does

VOTE: shiijadi
You are voting an informed townie claim on day one, hope you realise what you're doing
In post 1048, insomnia wrote:Send me one scum game where Persivul claims anything as scum, bolded, on day one, on the first page and after you'll tell me you didn't find anything, convince me why he'd start doing it now.

VOTE: urap2

You're making my post seem scummy and you're trying to throw shade on me, when my read makes perfect sense

I was getting pinged by the posts leading up to this, but I like this post from you, Insomnia. Although, that's because it's true, for your posts do seem scummy leading up to this point.

It feels like you're trying to gain town points by arguing so heavily in favor of conftown Shiidaji. And then you become aware of it after the fact. Stinks, man.

I'll vote there.

VOTE: Insomnia
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:06 pm

In post 1230, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 1227, The Last Knight wrote:Gotta say though, Insomnia, you do post a lot more and have good logic from what I can see. You have a tough legacy to live up to though. I want to like you but I don't think you can scum your way out of this, if that is the case. I have to take everyone one of your posts into account along with the seven or so left over from your predecessors.

The legacy of John Marv and Scepticism being scummy af.

And I mean that he sounds town, but that's just because he might be good scum.

So I'm saying that even if he is good at scum, the people he had to sub in for screwed him over.
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:08 pm

Hi, @Zulfy, can we have another VC, please?
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:11 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1231, The Last Knight wrote:Although, that's because it's true, for your posts do seem scummy leading up to this point.
Not trying to be a dick but in this post you seem to be saying you think Insomnia's posts look scummy, but then in the below quote you seem to be saying that you're scum reading his predecessors.

Since I'm scum reading both of you and predisposed to view this as an effort to distance yourselves, could you please walk me through where your read is coming from?

Maybe quote a couple posts that seem townie and why and the posts that formed your scum read?
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:12 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

sorry, this was supposed to be the "below post" that I was referencing:
In post 1232, The Last Knight wrote:The legacy of John Marv and Scepticism being scummy af.

So I'm saying that even if he is good at scum, the people he had to sub in for screwed him over.
103-11 0-2
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:15 pm

Yeah, sure, just a sec. I'm sure there's something.

Mainly, I just wanted to like him because he was posting. I lost track of who replaced who and then put it all in context, hence the post about putting it in perspective with the other two before him.

But give me a sec and I'll find something that I liked too.
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:15 pm

In post 1207, Vedith wrote:
In post 1206, Emperor flippyNips wrote:hi all i'm catching up today
Did you have a good birthday? \o/

pretty good can't complain thanks for asking :)
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:20 pm

In post 1219, The Last Knight wrote:
In post 1210, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 1163, Shiidaji wrote:Also, after TLK typed "wool over its eyes.", he thought it necessary to press enter, type "I'll vote there.", press enter AGAIN, and then vote Wilky. This doesn't feel like the TLK I was introduced to at the beginning of the game, it's self-conscious. I have personally found some newbie scum to be afraid of just outright sheeping or naked voting, especially those that have not established a "Creature"-like sense of quick posting. To them, it would seem out of character to just quick vote. Thus they overcompensate with posts like this.
as is this. if tlk is scum, you probably flip town, huh?
Rereading this excerpt from Shiidaji's post helped me realize what exactly was being said, and it just sounds like such a reach. I finished a paragraph and gave space to vote because votes are significant enough to get their own paragraph, in my opinion.

I press the enter key to organize my thoughts better. I think I have breaks in almost all my posts longer than two sentences. Its just how I type, since I basically learned to type on osrs and wow. Not to mention any form of instant messaging, the basis for most communication for almost everyone, requires constant "enter" key spam. It's simply not AI.
i understand hitting enter often to make things more legible for everyone & myself later if need be
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:25 pm

In post 1232, The Last Knight wrote:

i dont know how you got scummy af if they hardly said a word then replaced out they were both big fat nulls to me
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:25 pm

In post 1091, insomnia wrote:Reading TLK's ISO now and I'll give you my thoughts
Mar 18, 2019 10:37 am
In post 1142, insomnia wrote:Vedith, why are you ignoring me this game? :(
What's your read on TLK?
Mar 18, 2019 11:29 am
In post 1193, insomnia wrote:@TLK what's your opinion on L8?
Mar 19, 2019 11:19 am

I'm pretty curious to find out what happened in between these posts.

And I really do need a new updated read in urap2 and L8 myself. I'll do that next.
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:27 pm

In post 1239, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 1232, The Last Knight wrote:

i dont know how you got scummy af if they hardly said a word then replaced out they were both big fat nulls to me
Idk, you're the scum lurk-king. You tell me. I definitely don't like lurkers. But I did quote a Scepticism post, if you want to check out why I thought that was scummy.
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:28 pm

i feel like the L8 vs. Insomniac could be TvS not sure about TLK v Insomniac
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:33 pm

In post 1123, Flavor Leaf wrote:Urap2
L84Dnr
DEB

Flips
Vedith
Chara

Burkenstock
The Last Knight

Shiidaji
Insomnia

I think this is where I’m at right now. The tiers aren’t ordered. My town reads are stronger than my scum reads, but I expect to be wrong somewhere.
FL, can you explain this post more? I thought that this was towniest -> scummiest. But if the tiers aren't ordered, I don't know what this means. Are these scum team combinations that you've come up with?

If you do scum read me, could you please explain to me why? I'll try to justify this.
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:33 pm

@TLK i mean i've been busy, trying to post when i can. also lurking doesn't always mean scum.

i understand not liking lurkers but that doesn't mean they're scum. once it can be identified as active lurking i feel that's different, but that's not the case here
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1236, The Last Knight wrote:Yeah, sure, just a sec. I'm sure there's something.

Mainly, I just wanted to like him because he was posting. I lost track of who replaced who and then put it all in context, hence the post about putting it in perspective with the other two before him.

But give me a sec and I'll find something that I liked too.
Is the follow-up to this?

If not, what happened to this?
103-11 0-2
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:00 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1231, The Last Knight wrote:
In post 1042, insomnia wrote:
In post 1021, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 1019, Flavor Leaf wrote:But it looks like strong scum play to me, and that’s what’s sticking out for me the most right now.
yah it does

VOTE: shiijadi
You are voting an informed townie claim on day one, hope you realise what you're doing
In post 1048, insomnia wrote:Send me one scum game where Persivul claims anything as scum, bolded, on day one, on the first page and after you'll tell me you didn't find anything, convince me why he'd start doing it now.

VOTE: urap2

You're making my post seem scummy and you're trying to throw shade on me, when my read makes perfect sense

I was getting pinged by the posts leading up to this, but I like this post from you, Insomnia. Although, that's because it's true, for your posts do seem scummy leading up to this point.

It feels like you're trying to gain town points by arguing so heavily in favor of conftown Shiidaji. And then you become aware of it after the fact. Stinks, man.

I'll vote there.

VOTE: Insomnia
i like this from TLK.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:02 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

@chara What do you think about him basically contradicting that post in the next post?
103-11 0-2
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:06 pm

Post by Chara »

i'm liking TLK's posting in general a lot more today.
as well. and when he throws back to previous stances he's had it feels like a genuine memory of a read rather than something he came to after the fact.

pedit: let's see.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:07 pm

In post 675, L84Dnr wrote:Why not Burkenstock?

I'm asking because I'm as good at tunnelling as the next person, so what are you seeing that I'm not?

Who do you suggest for the lynch?
Then what does make someone scum to you?
You want the long list or the short one?

- Burkenstock: Purely reflexive play and active lurking.
- Scepticism: Poor reasoning and passive lurking.
- Creature: Pure fluff. Yes, I checked his meta and he does this as town. He also does it as scum but less actively.
As far as I can see from L8 is that he calls out noobs, hates lurkers, and harps on fluff.

I don't really see this as AI though. It just makes me null read him.

In post 918, L84Dnr wrote:
Does this look like a scumslip to anybody else?

In post 890, Shiidaji wrote:In addition John Marv slot is town...
Here's John Marv's total contribution to the game:
In post 61, John Marv wrote:VOTE: L84Dnr wagon
In post 62, John Marv wrote:Vedith Persivul maybe town
In post 360, John Marv wrote:Hallo
Three whole posts that you could type in under a minute. I can't fathom how Shiidaji is getting a town read so solid that he can state that "John Marv is town" with such certainty out of those three lines.
...so when Scepticism replaced and posted it reassured me of this because he felt the same way as I did skimming through.
And then goes on to laud Scepticism, who has only been marginally more active and whose first act was to vote Wilky based on what I consider to be rubbish reasoning. Possible scumwagon?

Something is fundamentally wrong here and Shiidaji needs to explain it. I don't like to do this to somebody replacing in but this is a whole lot of red flags.

VOTE: Shiidaji
This also feels either way for me:

1) if he's calling out Shiidaji for liking a slot scum read by L8, then it makes sense for town!L8 to pressure Shiidaji for this. I disagree with voting for Shiidaji because I don't think she's scum and that this is L8 misdirecting his scum read for some weird town reason.

2) it would also make sense for scum!L8 to purposely try to weaken reads from others on Shiidaji's slot. But I don't think it is a very smart choice.

Overall, mostly seems like L8 is trying to game-solve, but I also disagree with all of his reads. So null.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”