Moderator Resources

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Moderator Resources

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:56 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Okay so I've started creating a challenge list for challenges used in LSG, i'd love it if I could get some help and support in filling up this spreadsheet, I've made a start on it using the challenges from CotM 2018
There's 2 sheets on there:
1) a list of all challenges used per LSG, so you can see I've made the first column for CotM, very simply listed all the challenges used in that game and then linked them all to their rules
2) a complete list of every challenge, within this sheet we group together rules set of the same rules, the first rules column should be used for the best and clearest example of the rules with the end columns for other examples. There's that says whether a challenge is a solo challenge or a team one (I'm counting team challenges that are mainly played as if you are a solo as it being solo e.g. sushi go). Finally, there's a column for if you have some mod notes for behind the scenes based things.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

I'd really love some help on keeping this sheet updated and filling it up with loads of challenges...feel free to also add examples and rules sets from mish mash games

Also, I'm not great at like jazzing up spreadsheets, more of organising stuff, so if anyone wants to make it look fabulous then be my guest

(Side note, lol looking through CotM and I saw in the Diamant game Cuddly mentions that he should sort through and collect all the challenges together viewtopic.php?f=116&t=77997)

^The above is an edit on whats been created based on the below post v

Hey guys, so I'm currently getting started on modding my first survivor game and I had an idea for something that could be extremely beneficial for all mods (you may already have this and I've missed it)

A resource thread/spreadsheet (I do love my spreadsheets)

The main idea behind this is for challenges and rules

Having a big list of games that are used for challenges and the rulesets that go with them would be super helpful for many reasons

1) Having a standard for rules, some people are generally better than others at explaining rules and making them clear and understandable, it'd be very handy for those who aren't as good to have a place where they can copy the ruleset and use them in their game

2) Having a list of games can help for if a mod is stuck on trying to come up with ideas for some challenges, they can easily see the list

3) Saves a lot of time, having to write up like 20 challenges worth for a game of survivor is very time consuming and so having rules that can be copied would save a lot of time (obviously the moderator can still make edits to the rules for the sake of flavour and making personal to their game)

But yeah, what's everyone's opinions on this?

If people like the idea (and we don't already have this) I'm gonna start making a database with challenge rules and stuff, I would ask for some help on this, especially as people who have been around longer than I have would probably have some great examples of places they've seen really good and clear rules

Also, is there any other types of resources that people think would be handy to have as a moderator?
Last edited by CreativeMod1 on Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♪ ♫
I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable, I am an original
♫ ♪
Come play: Codenames! | Taskmaster!
GTKAS!
It's easier to message me on Discord: CreativeMod1#3798
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:49 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Okay, I'm gonna get started on this...but I'll need a lot of help as there'll be lots of challenges to go through and collect

In terms of creativity, I think it'll help build creativity as it'll give mods more time to create new things, I highly agree about research though and how you can learn a lot from previous games and see for any mistakes, so it might also be good to have links to all previous games within the database, but have 1 specific example of a good rules set

It can also allow mods to confidentially say "this is a brand new challenge, never before seen" and on the opposite end of things, you could as a mod say bring up stories of past plays of said challenge like Jeff does

I strongly listen to your points Pablito, and I hope that by adding other things to the database it'll help with some of those points like showing places where a challenge was cancelled and why
If anything it'll help for that kind of research, let's say I wanna mod a challenge that I've seen 3 times, I have those 3 as great resources on how to run said challenge but, as a newer mod I don't know that this challenge was cancelled a few years ago due to something going wrong (don't expect me to have read every survivor game) I then run the game and make the same mistakes as the one that went wrong and have to cancel my one too

So yeah research is great, organised research is better

Another idea Ive just had for this is a moderator notes sections, the idea of this would be that some challenges may have things that the mods do that isn't visible to those playing so it could be handy to know what goes on behind the scenes, it'll save you from having to message the mod of the game to ask about it
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Okay so I've started creating a challenge list for challenges used in LSG, i'd love it if I could get some help and support in filling up this spreadsheet, I've made a start on it using the challenges from CotM 2018
There's 2 sheets on there:
1) a list of all challenges used per LSG, so you can see I've made the first column for CotM, very simply listed all the challenges used in that game and then linked them all to their rules
2) a complete list of every challenge, within this sheet we group together rules set of the same rules, the first rules column should be used for the best and clearest example of the rules with the end columns for other examples. There's that says whether a challenge is a solo challenge or a team one (I'm counting team challenges that are mainly played as if you are a solo as it being solo e.g. sushi go). Finally, there's a column for if you have some mod notes for behind the scenes based things.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

I'd really love some help on keeping this sheet updated and filling it up with loads of challenges...feel free to also add examples and rules sets from mish mash games

Also, I'm not great at like jazzing up spreadsheets, more of organising stuff, so if anyone wants to make it look fabulous then be my guest

(Side note, lol looking through CotM and I saw in the Diamant game Cuddly mentions that he should sort through and collect all the challenges together viewtopic.php?f=116&t=77997)
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #15 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Don't wanna get too much involved but...

If you got time to argue, you got time to check out my awesome spreadsheet and go contribute to it

Yes this is my attempt at trying to bring this thread back to its main purpose, I'm trying to create something to help support the community, I don't want this to be turned into something about what people did or didn't do
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #18 (isolation #4) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:56 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

In post 16, Vijarada wrote:
In post 11, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 10, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 9, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 4, Haschel Cedricson wrote:The fact that Creativemod1 made a spreadsheet for challenges is absolutely amazing in my opinion.
the listmods havent created a game since switching to a new platform but his spreadsheet when full up will make it quicker for them to do so
Setting aside the fact that CC literally just ran Survivor: Legendary so that's not true at all, but I'm sure it will be better for their next game given CM1s sexy spreadsheet. We didn't have Creativemod1 back in July, I wish we did, he's a really fun and funny guy
Omg I know right, Creativemod1 is so amazing, he always makes me laugh and he's such a genius with some of his ideas, I think he could solve anything, I can't wait for when he moderates a game, I bet it'll be the best game ever
You're so right, did you see his amazing ideas in the Mish mash reorganization thread? Wow he takes my breath away with how sexy his mind is sometimes, and yeah I see he's started working on an MCU themed game, I'm gonna be the first one to sign up to that!!!

I got bored so I fixed the quotes xD
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #21 (isolation #5) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:42 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Yussss meme!!
Yeah I hope that people really use the mod notes bit, it'll be very helpful to know some things that go on behind the scenes
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #23 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:31 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

BUMP!!!
The lovely xofelf has done some beautiful work on the spreadsheet and put a few more challenges on there, could other mods please update from their previous games too please <3 <3 <3
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”