Moderator Resources

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:35 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

I would also like to echo Haschel's sentiments regarding challenge database.

Regardless of your feelings on the matter, I think we can only benefit from a challenge database. It gives feedback on what worked and what didn't work. Speaking purely from someone who has never modded a game before, I feel like I'm just going to be re reading old games anyways for ideas and inspiration. Does that mean I'm going to rip off every challenge ever done before? Heck no. I like my theme, and I wanna do my own thing. But anything to help me have resources to draw inspiration from, or verify that any challenge I "create" hasn't worked well prior or has been done a bunch, will help me eliminate the possibility of over duplicating/using past challenges.

To drive the point home, if I am not easily able to know which challenges have/have not been done before, what's to say I don't come up with a "brilliant idea" that I think hasn't been done before and is unique, only to find that it used to be played a bunch like 6-7 years ago in games I wasn't even around for?

I don't think a database will eliminate creativity and actually might make it a fun challenge to create something completely outside the norm entirely :)

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”