Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:10 am

Post by Akarin »

RULES 2.0:
Rules

General Rules
  • Since you’re on this site, follow site rules, obviously.
  • Personal attacks, threatening to report people for game throwing when they don’t agree with you, etc. may get you force-replaced.
  • Pretending to break the rules is the same as breaking the rules.
  • You may not quote private communication (real or otherwise) of any kind—this includes role PM, mod communication, posts from private threads, etc. Paraphrasing and drafts are acceptable.
  • There is to be NO communication about this game outside of the game thread unless your role PM specifically allows it.
    If someone contacts you outside the game, report it to me IMMEDIATELY

• No ciphers, encryption, extremely small text, or similar tactics.
  • No provable randomness.
  • Attempting to use trust tells may get you modkilled.
  • Once you tell me you’re replacing out, you are out. No backsies.

• Bold all requests to the Mod.

• This is my color. You cannot has.

• This is my first time modding. If you think I’ve made a mistake please PM me about it, if you’re not happy with my reply, let’s drop it and talk about it after the game.
  • Do not attempt to find or abuse loopholes in the rules. I’ll try to assume good-faith but loophole abuse will be punished and rules will be updated if there are problems. I’ll make a new post about changes to the rules in bold if that happens.

Activity
  • Post once every 48 hours or get prodded.
  • If prodded, you have 24 hours to respond with a
    substantive post in game
  • A player who has been prodded 3 times may be replaced with no further notice.
  • If you plan on being inactive for more than 48 hours,
    PM me and post in thread that you're going to be V/LA
  • If you plan to have regularly scheduled V/LA period (e.g. the weekend) please PM me about it.

Deadlines
  • Days will last 12 days.
  • Nights will last 49 hours.
  • Extensions may be given out for replacements if it’s late in the day, or when I feel like it makes sense.
  • If you have a role with a Night action, your action is due by 1 hour before night ends.
    Players with a Night action may submit a "No Action" PM to indicate you do not wish to perform your action, I'd really appreciate that. I'll still accept one later if you change your mind.

Voting
  • When a simple majority of all living players have voted for one person, that person is lynched and the day ends. If no one has a majority at deadline, no one is lynched.
  • When a player is lynched the game enters twilight and everyone can keep talking until I post the final vote count.
  • You may VOTE: No Lynch — half of the living players voting No Lynch is enough to end the day with a No Lynch.
  • Votes should use VOTE: Tags or
    Bold
    or they will not be counted.
  • Votes in quotes, spoiler tags or otherwise hidden will not be counted.
  • Votes that use nicknames or have minor spelling errors will be counted as long as I understand who you’re voting for.
  • If you are killed you may no longer post anywhere except for
    one
    brief, contentless “Bah!” post that must contain a picture of a cute cat.

Setup
  • Daytalk
  • Factional abilities can
    not
    be used the same night as role abilities.
  • This is a normal game, so everything is normal.

New results:
Can Communicate:

Your target has someone to talk to outside the game thread.

Visited:

PLAYER
paid you a visit last night.

Can I leave the "poor target" in the can't communicate one? I really like that one.

You two could pick which titles you like best if you want and I can cut the others.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:14 am

Post by Akarin »

I'm inclined to not give the Traffic Analyst Multitasking, don't think it really needs that, could just claim 2-shot or whatever if needed. Was just thinking it was my preference in general as a rule, not anything that really matters.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:20 am

Post by Akarin »

"Rules stolen PenguinPower and various other moderators, all of whom stole from various other moderators."

That good?
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:20 am

Post by Akarin »

errr, "stolen from"
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:45 pm

Post by Akarin »

I guess I'm happy you all think my setup is balanced, obviously that's what I was trying for, but I'm kind of weirdly disappointed I don't get all kinds of criticism about it. Is that weird?

The 49 hours thing was intentional because of my 1 hour before deadline night action deadline, didn't want that to be shorter than the prod deadline, but I could just make it 48 if that makes people happier. Honestly there are plenty of times where I'll need to stretch days or nights by a couple hours so I'm around for the deadline anyway, I just wanted to try to start the days exactly when the day says it will start, rather than an hour later after I figure stuff out like I see happen a lot, so I wanted that buffer of time for the night actions.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:29 pm

Post by Akarin »

So, um, did I need to do anything else?

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”