Mini Normal 2062: Erinnerungen (um game over)

RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1554 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:23 pm

Post by RAS »

Yo, I'm replacing in for Burkenstock and I'm A-OK with a FL lynch.

VOTE: FL.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1560 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by RAS »

In post 1559, Vedith wrote:
In post 1556, Vedith wrote:Why FL over me though?
Actually don't answer this I don't want it to confuse things and I need to stop doubting it.
I wasn't going to answer anyways.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1564 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:30 pm

Post by RAS »

In post 1562, Vedith wrote:I wasn't talking to you RAS
MB. Carry on.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1628 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:20 pm

Post by RAS »

I'll be honest when I say that I haven't read the game much other than some late pages yesterday, and all of the pages today, but I'm simply not seeing how it's a bad idea to lynch FL here. I'm not advocating a quick-lynch, but I'd rather go into LYLO with him gone, than go into LYLO with him alive. I feel like he's putting too much emphasis on modifiers / ascetic, and it looks like an attempt to change the topic to me. Regardless of what happens, this looks like a P good spot for town.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1631 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:29 pm

Post by RAS »

In post 1630, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1628, RAS wrote:I'll be honest when I say that I haven't read the game much other than some late pages yesterday, and all of the pages today, but I'm simply not seeing how it's a bad idea to lynch FL here. I'm not advocating a quick-lynch, but I'd rather go into LYLO with him gone, than go into LYLO with him alive. I feel like he's putting too much emphasis on modifiers / ascetic, and it looks like an attempt to change the topic to me. Regardless of what happens, this looks like a P good spot for town.
It’s not because after my lynch, you insta lynch L8, and it’s a loss if he’s town.
I never said it was insta-win, I just said that I'd rather have you dead going into LYLO. Two different things. I also dislike your previous post a lot, but too lazy to point out why right now.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1634 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:33 pm

Post by RAS »

Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1631, RAS wrote:
In post 1628, RAS wrote:I'll be honest when I say that I haven't read the game much other than some late pages yesterday, and all of the pages today, but I'm simply not seeing how it's a bad idea to lynch FL here. I'm not advocating a quick-lynch, but I'd rather go into LYLO with him gone, than go into LYLO with him alive. I feel like he's putting too much emphasis on modifiers / ascetic, and it looks like an attempt to change the topic to me. Regardless of what happens, this looks like a P good spot for town.
It’s not because after my lynch, you insta lynch L8, and it’s a loss if he’s town.
I never said it was insta-win, I just said that I'd rather have you dead going into LYLO. Two different things. I also dislike your previous post a lot, but too lazy to point out why right now.
You don’t go into lylo after my flip because of my hard inno.

So like, it’s not an issue either way for you. :lol:
It's not an issue, but I still think town wins it more often than not with you being dead. This has nothing to do with me being alive.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1636 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:36 pm

Post by RAS »

In post 1635, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1634, RAS wrote:
Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1631, RAS wrote:
You don’t go into lylo after my flip because of my hard inno.

So like, it’s not an issue either way for you. :lol:
It's not an issue, but I still think town wins it more often than not with you being dead. This has nothing to do with me being alive.
I disagree. Town win more often than not WITH me alive.
Nah. You're acting like you won't be lynched today which I think is incredibly unlikely unless the town has a complete melt-down and start overthinking everything which is what you're attempting to do with your latest set of posts. Your soft-appealing post towards L8 () is actually so bad to look at; and I'm sure I won't be the only one getting this vibe from that post. It looks very obvious to me that you're trying to confuse people, and I'd find it very sad if people fell for it at this stage.

I want to add that I'm never unvoting you.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1642 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:46 pm

Post by RAS »

In post 1637, Flavor Leaf wrote:I would say that even if I was scum and meant it. That’s just a personality thing.

I always act like I’m not gonna get lynched.

I haven’t been in over a year, and the time I got mislynched was a Day 4. Town lost. :lol:

There is just as much, if not more, reason to go L8 today than me.

Based on play, based on setup spec
Saying stuff like "I would say that even if I was scum" is completely meaningless to anyone, and it's not about what you said; it's about how you've done things today. If anything, those type of lines are more likely to come from a scum player given the situation that you're in. I'm far from a play-mafia-by-the-book type of person, but from my experience, I do find that to be more true than false. I don't see what you being mislynched as town on day 4 has anything to do with this--but cool.

With your recent posts (including this one), I'm not seeing any reason to lynch L8 over you. Absolutely none.
Flavor Leaf wrote:You just haven’t read the game.

Replacements have a tendency to scum read me when I’m town, and town read me when I’m scum.
I haven't, but I don't feel like I need to given the timing at which I replaced into this game.

Replacements have a tendency sure, but I have a tendency to scum read scum, and town read town. See how meaningless that is?
Flavor Leaf wrote:Honestly, the biggest thing that shows I’m town this game, is that if I were scum, I wouldn’t be the optimal lynch mechanically.

Chara and Vedith, you both know this is true. Even if I were more likely scum, I wouldn’t be mechanically more optimal. That’s not how I play scum.
Again, more BS. There's nothing that makes you NOT the optimal lynch considering the setup is completely unknown. You've absolutely no way of knowing if you're the optimal lynch or not. I simply think we win more often than not if we lynch you before going into LYLO because of how things went down.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1681 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:47 am

Post by RAS »

You guys really need to re-vote. I'm not trying to advocate a quick-lynch here, but at the same time I'm afraid that you guys might overthink this.

I just woke up, and I'm still getting the same vibe from FL. While is argument of going over every outcome might make sense here, there's still this huge amount of paranoia coming from him that I'm getting from his posts. They just don't feel like genuine or natural posts at all due to the way he's wording things specifically. There's a lot of repeats, and it comes off as an attempt to try to convince people to me.

Either way, like I said yesterday, I'm not unvoting FL today. I'm just afraid some of you overthink this and force us to have to deal with FL in LYLO.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1723 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:51 am

Post by RAS »

Yikes.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1739 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:43 am

Post by RAS »

I read this game a little bit during the night phase, and a player that stood out to me was DEB. I don't feel like enough people are really talking about that slot in general. I'll give a post with more information sometime later today, but I figured I'd point this out in case someone wants to go look into him as well.

I personally believe Vedith's claim here, but I wouldn't put it past FL to get Vedith to do the NK here just to mess with our heads. However, there's no way we're lynching Vedith today, so whether you believe Vedith's claim or not, he's not worth the discussing today.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1740 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:46 am

Post by RAS »

In post 1739, RAS wrote:...
he's not worth discussing today
EBWOP.
Dr Easy Bake wrote:So now there's five of us left. L8 was town, FL was scum. Let's see where that leaves us. Vedith has claimed odd night doctor. I'm inclined to believe this.
I have been a boring old vanilla townie over here for everyone's information.
I don't like this post at all either. It's pointing out a lot of obvious that we all already knew. The post seems overly forced to me, and looks like an attempt to blend in. It's a very pointless post in general.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1745 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:39 pm

Post by RAS »

RAS wrote:I read this game a little bit during the night phase, and a player that stood out to me was DEB. I don't feel like enough people are really talking about that slot in general. I'll give a post with more information sometime later today.
DEB's first 10 posts were all filler which could be argued to be just fine since this could be considered to still be the RVS, however there are a lot of interactions here between DEB/FL. DEB's opening RVS vote was on FL, as a matter of fact. Here's the other fillery interactions between DEB and FL in the early game: , , , and . Basically 50% of his early interactions here were with FL.

One thing I want to mention here is that FL claimed Mason with Vedith in which I wouldn't put past FL to do if he was partnered with Vedith here, but I don't think it's worth discussing today because of aforementioned reasons.

I feel like I'm going to be repeating myself a lot here because DEB and FL interacted a ton early, I'm scrolling down and am up to isolation #50, and they're still interacting with each other. The majority of DEB's posts here are still filler, and we're far from still being in the RVS here. A lot of his posts are saying a lot of nothing and/or responding to stuff that has nothing to really do with the game. While one could argue that a lot of his filler posts here aren't initiated by him and he's simply responding to stuff, I don't really feel like that makes it any better.

His first read list can be found at (isolation #75). FL is nowhere to be found on this list despite the amount of interactions these two players had with each other.

is actually not so bad. I like DEB's response here, but nothing really came out of it. This interaction basically ended on .

Last but not least, let's look at DEB yesterday. He voted FL in right after L84Dnr's claim here which I have no problem with. I don't really understand the unvote in , I don't understand why he felt the need to point out that he's town here. I think one thing I really dislike about this whole thing is that DEB is a player that was willing to hammer players during previous days and was playing very relaxed. Read , , and , and see if you can spot in the obvious difference. He basically went from a very relaxed player who was careless about the hammer to a player who was afraid to take a stance.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1750 (isolation #13) » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:36 pm

Post by RAS »

I'm going to wait on other people's inputs, and I'm actually in no hurry here.

I also want to point out that we should all agree on a target that Vedith should be on the next night since it will be an odd night. Reasons for this are:

- If scum had a 1-shot, it's very likely that the 1-shot was used on URAP here.
- If Vedith is scum, and doesn't have the power to kill the target we all agree on today, we will be able to leave a player of our choosing to be alive going into 3-way LYLO.
- If Vedith is town, and scum doesn't have the power to kill the target we all agree on today, the above is also true.

It doesn't clear the target that he's on, but it's very likely that that person will be alive tomorrow as opposed to having Vedith save someone unknowingly.

We don't hammer anyone until Vedith specifically says who he will be on the next night.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1751 (isolation #14) » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:41 pm

Post by RAS »

I forgot to mention that while it's possible that scum can role-block here, the above still doesn't hurt us in any way since if Vedith is town here, he would be role-blocked regardless of if we agree on a target or not.

There might be a negative downside that I'm not noticing here which is why I haven't pointed out a target yet, but I'm fairly sure this is optimal to do given the situation we're in.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1759 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:25 am

Post by RAS »

In post 1755, Dr Easy Bake wrote:Lynching me today is a mistake, watch out for Flips, he easily hopped on the wagon RAS is trying to start up. I don't have some fancy role to help persuade y'all, but killing me will waste this chance to nab a mafia.
You don't need a fancy role to persuade anyone, just use your words. That's a problem I'm having with you slot because it's not the first time you've claimed "oh, I'm just VT, I can't do anything" which is completely false. It's almost just becoming an excuse now.

Do you think Flippy is scum purely because of that, or do you have any other reasons to believe that he's the scum here?
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1760 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:44 pm

Post by RAS »

In post 1746, Emperor flippyNips wrote:Okay I’m fine with killing him
I don't really like this post at all, FWIW. It looks very opportunistic. It doesn't add up with this:
Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 1739, RAS wrote: I read this game a little bit during the night phase, and a player that stood out to me was DEB. I don't feel like enough people are really talking about that slot in general. I'll give a post with more information sometime later today, but I figured I'd point this out in case someone wants to go look into him as well.
Yeah I’ve been feeling off from bake but I could see it coming from a town bake let me iso him and flavor
Did you ISO him? What did you get from ISO'ing him? I find it hard to believe that you would have the same exact thought process as I did going through him.

I don't think DEB's response to me was particularly scummy, and I actually got some town vibes from it. While I do think it might be an excuse to continuously claim VT, I don't think it's particularly alignment indicative. I like what he said about FL getting into his head, and upon reading it back, I don't think it's something that would be very easy for scum to fake. I actually feel a lot less confident on my scum-read on DEB here purely because of the way he responded to me in . I would love to get a second opinion on this.

I'm still slowly waking up, but I will ISO him Flippy and I will post what I've gathered from it afterwards. I did ISO him briefly earlier, and one thing I noticed is that he was playing abnormally passive.

Also, Vedith: I would love to get your reads here. Like I said earlier, we aren't lynching you today regardless of what happens, but I would still love to hear your thoughts, if at all possible.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1761 (isolation #17) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:46 pm

Post by RAS »

In post 1760, RAS wrote:...
I will ISO Flippy
EBWOP. Jesus Christ.

I should mention that I've put in no effort whatsoever into reading Chara, and I'm hoping that they will post more today so I can get some type of interactions with that slot. However, I want to focus on the two players who I've had the chance to interact with before going into reading that slot if I can help it.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1763 (isolation #18) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by RAS »

In post 1750, RAS wrote:If Vedith is scum, and doesn't have the power to kill the target we all agree on today, we will be able to leave a player of our choosing to be alive going into 3-way LYLO.
I was actually wrong about this, and I have no idea how I even overlooked this. Very stupid of me. But, if Vedith is scum, he doesn't need any special power to kill the target we all agree on today, since he wouldn't be a doctor.

It's irrelevant and doesn't change the strategy much, but it's something that should be corrected. I'm going to start my ISO on Flippy now, will update soon.
Vedith wrote:
In post 1760, RAS wrote:Also, Vedith: I would love to get your reads here. Like I said earlier, we aren't lynching you today regardless of what happens, but I would still love to hear your thoughts, if at all possible.
Still the same.
I town read you and Flips.
DEB is most likely Scum here, if not Chara.
I see. Thanks.

I don't know if I agree with you on the DEB read, but I will let you know after I ISO Flippy.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1766 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:04 pm

Post by RAS »

RAS wrote:I'm going to start my ISO on Flippy now, will update soon.
Similarly to DEB, albeit a little less extreme, Flippy's opening 10 posts were also all filler.

(isolation #8) is his first "non-filler" response to FL, but it's not a great informative post either.

and are a little odd to me because he reinforces his vote on Burkenstock before Burkenstock even had the chance to respond. No one questioned Flippy regarding his vote in between those 2 posts, so I don't really understand the need to reinforce your vote here (especially without any reasoning behind it).

, and have very little reasoning behind them as a whole. I find the reasoning in to be hardly a reason to call some someone scum and say that there's "no way around it". Yes, Burkenstock OMGUS'd you, however that's far from being alignment indicative. Also, if you're that confident someone is scum, shouldn't you push on them more than you've been?

I was going to ask the same thing DEB asked in going through this ISO, which reinforces my town-read on DEB here. This unvote really confused me because Burkenstock had done basically next-to-nothing since the initial vote. I think Flippy's reasoning here is fair, however it doesn't really match with his comments saying that he's "scum, no way around it".

I'm up to isolation #40, and one thing I've been noticing is that Flippy is asking a lot of questions. Read: , , , , , and . I think this is part of the reason why I initially saw him as passive when I briefly ISO'd him earlier. That, and the fact that it doesn't seem like he ever really explain his thought process. It's all coming across as incredibly lazy to me, which he did admit to in , but it doesn't make it any better.

To follow-up on the above, (isolation #42) is the first instance where I'm noticing a "decent" amount of explaining from Flippy. While there is a huge gap from the last time you voted him, I'm finding it very odd how Burkenstock managed to go from a "scum, no way around it" to a "big ol' null". It's definitely something I need to look into because I might be looking at this wrong. Regardless, this post is very lazy as aforementioned. Not much effort was put into this post, and this is an incredibly passive post overall.

sort of bothers me because of the way Flippy's been playing. He's been "afraid" to take a stance, and there's been very little backing his votes--and this is just another instance of that.

is confusing. Burkenstock was a solid scum-read to you which was later changed to null, and now is what exactly? This post is so close to your "sheep" vote on scepticism and there's no posts by Burkenstock between your sheep vote and this one. The only thing I'm noticing is a post from wilky mention Burkenstock in , but surely that wasn't enough to change your mind? Yes, FL mentioned it in , but he stated in a previous post () that he was struggling to get a read on that slot. There's nothing concrete indicating that the vote will be between you and Burkenstock, unless there's something I'm missing here.

This is an incredibly annoying ISO to go through because Flippy doesn't quote anything and I have to go several pages back to see what he's talking about.

, didn't you just vote scepticism?

I actually like this interaction with FL in /. It's nothing I'm going to go crazy over, but I think FL would've answered the first time here if they were partnered. There's very little beneficial reasons for Flippy to push for an answer like this.

The rest of his ISO is pretty empty. I'm not too sure what to really make of it, but I think DEB is town here.
Chara wrote:i'm suspicious of Vedith but i'm pretty sure interactions with Flavor clear him. i'll need to actually look.
Which ones? I'm not getting that vibe at all.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1769 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:42 pm

Post by RAS »

In post 1767, Emperor flippyNips wrote:@RAS Well It was mostly a reaction test for burk. Except for 784 it felt life & death especially with all the quick hammers going on.
Also if I’m not asked to explain myself about something chances are I’m not going to
Is there any reason why you've played so lazily throughout this game? Is this just what your play style is, or is there a particular reason for it here? Like I said in my previous post, I don't feel like you back up your thought process whatsoever and it's making it hard for me to get a solid read on you.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1772 (isolation #21) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:49 pm

Post by RAS »

Sigh. This game is going way slower than I wanted. I was expecting more than just 1 new posts after waking up.

Chara ISO:

I like the "interactions" with FL in Chara's opening posts. Read: /.

There's a lot of reads from Chara in their opening posts which I'm getting a town-vibe from. Read: , and for references.

, , and are all great posts. Chara's thought process is very logical, and I'm finding myself agreeing with a lot of the things they're saying. I think scum would've approached DEB's read list in much more aggressively. I particularly like how DEB explained himself in .

, , , and isn't S/S interaction. It's something that I might need to go more into detail later, but I don't think these interactions are faked at all. I might be reading wrong, but it's showing a little sign of paranoia--which is why I think Chara is asking for confirmation. It's either that, or Chara is trying to get a reaction from FL to be able to read that slot easier. Either way, I feel like this is coming from town.

All of the above posts are from day 1, there's not much worth commenting on in the following days, but I'm getting a lot of town vibes from Chara, and I think scum is in Flippy/Vedith.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1778 (isolation #22) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:33 pm

Post by RAS »

In post 1776, Chara wrote:
In post 1745, RAS wrote:His first read list can be found at Post 605 (isolation #75). FL is nowhere to be found on this list despite the amount of interactions these two players had with each other.
would like to point this out.
Deb's list here is hard to read, but Flavor is on it. listed as "Bland Branch".
Thanks, I completely missed that. I don't think it's very meaningful in any way, though.

I also doubt that I will be changing my lynch pool here, I think it's Flippy > Vedith. It's such a small thing, but it seems to be something that I can't get out of my head, but I wouldn't put it past FL to jokingly claim mason here with Vedith if they're both scum. FL takes a lot of unnecessary gambits as scum, and I'm really getting that vibe from it for whatever reason. I know it's not really a gambit by any means, but it's still giving me an odd vibe every time I go back to it.

My Vedith read here is purely based on PoE, if it wasn't obvious enough.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1785 (isolation #23) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by RAS »

VOTE: Emperor flippyNips.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1802 (isolation #24) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:50 pm

Post by RAS »

I'm disliking how slow this game is going, but what can you do. I've skimmed through the game a bit again to see if I'd see things any different, and I still feel confident that the scum is in {Flippy/Vedith}.
Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 1785, RAS wrote:VOTE: Emperor flippyNips.
I’m a waste of time I’m town. I don’t think you’re scum so we should work together. It’d be really crazy if you’re scum & have been playing the way you have right now. Coming in immediately and parking your vote on flavor which made me feel more certain on killing flavor. Although I was riding off of what person had said
I don't particularly think it'd be crazy if I were scum here considering the lynch yesterday was going to be FL unless a huge amount of overthinking went down. It's very possible that this lynch is a waste of time however I don't see myself lynching Chara or DEB today unless something drastic happens. My only options with my current reads are to lynch you or to lynch Vedith who would be a sub-optimal lynch considering his claim.

I should put more effort into reading Vedith, but I'd rather focus on something that will happen today as opposed to something we only need to worry about the next day. I hope to see Vedith put more effort into this game in the next few days, and hopefully, I can get some reads on him off of that. I don't particularly like how he's scum-reading both of my town-reads in , but I'll wait for his explanation before going into it.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1804 (isolation #25) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by RAS »

In post 1803, Vedith wrote:You realise I can't be Scum here mechanically alone.
The
only
way I kill over FL as Scum is as a goon.

And with what town has (vig, 2 town clears, watcher which is the strongest role) let alone doc Scum do not have all vanilla.

I just finished a game where I was more or less confirmed as town in LyLo and was still pushed. It's not happening this time and Nips is town.
I've seen crazier things happen, and I wouldn't it put past FL to have you perform the night-kill. Again, it's not something I'll worry about today, but we both know that that's not the only way you're scum here.

Why is Nips town?
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1805 (isolation #26) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:26 pm

Post by RAS »

In post 1804, RAS wrote:
In post 1803, Vedith wrote:You realise I can't be Scum here mechanically alone.
The
only
way I kill over FL as Scum is as a goon.

And with what town has (vig, 2 town clears, watcher which is the strongest role) let alone doc Scum do not have all vanilla.

I just finished a game where I was more or less confirmed as town in LyLo and was still pushed. It's not happening this time and Nips is town.
I wouldn't put it past FL to have you perform the night-kill
EBWOP.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1810 (isolation #27) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:08 pm

Post by RAS »

Disappointed with this (lack of) activity.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1811 (isolation #28) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:16 pm

Post by RAS »

I'll worry about the Vedith stuff tomorrow if it comes down to it. It's very possible that I'm looking at the potential setup wrong.

Either way, I think Flippy is the best lynch today, and I don't particularly like Vedith's reasoning about him being town since it seems to be purely based on meta in . I would think that this late in a game, you would town-read him for specific things he has done and said in this game, as opposed to a pure meta-read.

I feel like I'm forcing myself to say things due to the lack of activity, and no matter how many times I go back and read this game, I don't really collect anything worth noting. My thoughts on this game haven't changed one bit, and I don't see them changing.

I hope to see some new posts overnight because I feel like I'm playing by myself.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1813 (isolation #29) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:48 pm

Post by RAS »

I don't disagree, but I'm also not lynching Chara or DEB today. Considering how many times I've gone through this game during this drought, something drastic would have to happen to change my mind.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1815 (isolation #30) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:58 pm

Post by RAS »

UNVOTE: Flippy.

Wait, doesn't this confirm that scum is in between you and Vedith, then? I really doubt the town has this many PR's.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1816 (isolation #31) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:00 pm

Post by RAS »

There's no way town had 6 PR's while scum had 2 goons, a traitor, and whatever they have left. The town has at most 5 PR's. I'm counting the informed Townie has a PR here, but still, that's way too many. That would be INCREDIBLY town-sided.

Scum has to be between you and Vedith, no? Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1817 (isolation #32) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:05 pm

Post by RAS »

In post 1816, RAS wrote:...
I'm counting the informed Townie has a PR here
EBWOP.

Can you list all your night actions, Flippy?
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1818 (isolation #33) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:10 pm

Post by RAS »

In post 1817, RAS wrote:
In post 1816, RAS wrote:...
I'm counting the informed Townie as a PR here
EBWOP.
Double EBWOP cause I'm an idiot.

Even if you don't count the Informed Townie as a PR here, that's still 5 PR's vs. 2 Goons and a Traitor. There's no role that scum could be in that last slot that would outweigh all of these PR's, unless there's something I'm missing. I refuse to believe that that's the case. The already flipped PR's were pretty powerful, the fact that you're now adding a JOAT until it all doesn't make any sense to me.

Although, I find it hard to believe that Flippy would claim JOAT here as scum since it'd be such an odd play. I'm not familiar with how setups are made on here, but I can't be the only one who thinks this would be far too town-sided to even be a setup in the first place? I think last scum is 100% in {Flippy/Vedith}.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1819 (isolation #34) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:11 pm

Post by RAS »

With that said...

VOTE: Vedith.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1821 (isolation #35) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:18 pm

Post by RAS »

Do you agree that scum has to be in {you/Vedith} with everything that I just said? This would be way too many town PR's, regardless of how powerful the last scum role might be.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1822 (isolation #36) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:21 pm

Post by RAS »

Vedith should agree with me here when I say that there's no way this setup still has 2 PR's alive.

Vedith, do you still believe your statements made in / be true now with Flippy's JOAT claim?

Specifically:
– "
For town to have as much as we have let alone without my role it means that Scum have some serious power.
"
– "
And setup alone proves me as town here.
"
–"
"

Also, adds up with Flippy's claim here. It's right after Vedith's doctor claim, and it shows a very genuine sign of paranoia.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1823 (isolation #37) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:33 pm

Post by RAS »

Flippy, are your powers one-shot? What were all of your powers?
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1828 (isolation #38) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:23 pm

Post by RAS »

I really dislike your use of the word confirmed when things aren't confirmed whatsoever, Vedith.

Why did you choose to ignore everything I said about remaining PR's?

Do you seriously believe 2 PR's are still alive at this stage?
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1830 (isolation #39) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:27 pm

Post by RAS »

Answer my question.

Do you believe 2 PR's are still alive at this stage?
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1835 (isolation #40) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:36 pm

Post by RAS »

I'm not rushing you, but ok.

If I was scum, I would've voted DEB today and sat on it since he's the easy lynch.

Why would I go after you as scum? You claimed you would've saved me and that you town-read me. I would've had a really easy way to 3-way LYLO without any attention on myself. I would never take this path as scum, I've no reason to over-complicate things.

UNVOTE: Vedith. I'm not unvoting because of your attempt to AtE, but mostly because the site is being trashed RN.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1837 (isolation #41) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:39 pm

Post by RAS »

VOTE: Flippy.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1840 (isolation #42) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:42 pm

Post by RAS »

I'm so sick of this website being trash right now, but I'm fairly sure Flippy slipped and I completely missed out.

Wouldn't Flippy notice that URA was visited by you when he voyeur'd URAP? Doesn't this confirm Flippy FYPOV, Vedith?

Read .
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1841 (isolation #43) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:43 pm

Post by RAS »

I've written the above 5 times, and it only went through just now. My vote is staying on Flippy.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1842 (isolation #44) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:50 pm

Post by RAS »

Well, he didn't slip, but here are the options:

A) You're not a doctor, which explains why there was no visit. You could be a ninja that only works on certain nights. Either way, there's no outcome where you'd be town here.
B) You're a doctor, and Flippy is lying. Flippy would've seen you visit URAP that night.

From your POV, Flippy has to be scum here.

TL;DR: Scum is in {Flippy/Vedith}.
Also TL;DR: I was right.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1843 (isolation #45) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:51 pm

Post by RAS »

UNVOTE: Flippy.

Yes, or yes?
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1844 (isolation #46) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:54 pm

Post by RAS »

Matter of fact, VOTE: Vedith.

Read the above to realize why this game is won.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1845 (isolation #47) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:02 am

Post by RAS »

I F'n hate this website cause I tried to go back to the night where URAP died before writing all of that, and Flippy should've seen Vedith visit URAP that night considering that L84Dnr saw Vedith visit URAP.

This should confirm Flippy as scum here. I think you would agree, Vedith.

VOTE: Flippy.

Read and .

Either way, this game is won.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1846 (isolation #48) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:05 am

Post by RAS »

Alright, I'm done spamming votes and repeating myself.

Sorry if I frustrated you in any way, Vedith. It's early AF here, and I was struggling to get my thoughts across because of the website being so slow and deleting my posts every time I submitted them.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1847 (isolation #49) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:17 am

Post by RAS »

RAS wrote:UNVOTE: Flippy.

Yes, or yes?
In post 1844, RAS wrote:Matter of fact, VOTE: Vedith.

Read the above to realize why this game is won.
Both of these votes were meant to vote Flippy, but the website is lagging like crazy and I somehow messed up BOTH votes here. Yikes.

To be fair, I did have lots of Vedith on my mind on the 2nd post.

I also need to take a break from this website because of how terribly laggy it is right now, but I'm pretty sure the game is solved here. Unless there's a role mechanic that I'm completely missing, it's very conflicting that L84Dnr saw Vedith visit URAP that night, but Flippy didn't see Vedith visit URAP that night. This should basically confirm Flippy as scum on Vedith's POV.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1849 (isolation #50) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:55 am

Post by RAS »

In post 1848, Vedith wrote:You realise that the watcher saw me visit URA so it's impossible that Nips never saw me and therefore confirms him as scum.
Why are you even considering that I ninja past Nips when L8 confirmed he saw me?

VOTE: Nips
You can drop the passive aggressiveness but yes, I just pointed that out.

There's a lot of missing posts in between my recent posts due to the website deleting them when I submitted, so my posts look all-over-the-place. I'm too lazy to correct all of it since it's irrelevant. I wasn't considering it after I had realized, and when I finally had the ability to go back a few pages to see which night Flippy was referring to.

Either way, as I said, I didn't mean to frustrate you in any way and was just trying to solve the game.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1872 (isolation #51) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:32 pm

Post by RAS »

In post 1869, Chara wrote:who hasn't fullclaimed besides me?
I'm VT, and for the record, my predecessor claimed VT on Day 1 in . This isn't the action of someone who's the powerful scum role. They wouldn't claim this early since it narrows down their option so much, it's the worst thing you can do.

I'm too lazy to make a post or read right now, but I'm getting really tired of Vedith repeating himself. Nothing is clearing you, and we both know that. You keep bringing up the fact that you don't do the kill that night, even though it wouldn't even be a bad play for you to do so. It gives you credibility if you're scum, and gives you the ability to spam "hey guys, I wouldn't kill that night!" which is exactly what you're doing. Your frustration yesterday, upon reading it back, is F'n awful, and way overdone.

I'm also fairly certain this is a town loss with how little you guys have been contributing ever since I joined this game.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1873 (isolation #52) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:39 pm

Post by RAS »

In post 1863, Vedith wrote:In fact the only play possible last night was that Chara was attacked.
Their position doesn't strongly side with anyone and their death doesn't really effect the lynch today anyway.
Like, what is this bullshit? It'd be a great play for scum to send in no NK here since it increases their chances to win the game if we don't end up lynching anyone.

Vedith's statement here is 100% false, and he should know that. 3-way LYLO is better for the town than 4-way LYLO. We've to read through 3 people now as opposed to reading just 2.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1874 (isolation #53) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:53 pm

Post by RAS »

In post 1820, Emperor flippyNips wrote:Third night I used voyeur on person again cos I thought it’d tell me who killed him but all I got was he was killed
"
The Voyeur is an informative role that can target a player at night and learn what was done to them that night (protection, investigation, etc), but not who did it.
"

Flippy saw the actions that were performed on URA. He didn't see Vedith visit. Vedith's scum and I F'n misread it yesterday.

VOTE: Vedith.

I'm not explaining this any further, this confirms Vedith as scum here.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1875 (isolation #54) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:55 pm

Post by RAS »

In post 1874, RAS wrote:
In post 1820, Emperor flippyNips wrote:Third night I used voyeur on person again cos I thought it’d tell me who killed him but all I got was he was killed
Flippy would've seen the actions that were performed on URA. He didn't see Vedith (or anyone) visit. Vedith's scum and I F'n misread it yesterday
EBWOP.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1876 (isolation #55) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:57 pm

Post by RAS »

My last post for the night, just to clarify:

If Vedith was Doctor, Flippy would've been told that URAP was protected that night. Flippy very clearly said that the only information he got that night was that URAP was killed.

Here's where Vedith claimed to be on URAP:
In post 1734, Vedith wrote:So I am odd night doc.
N1 I was on Pers slot my biggest town read.
N3 I was on URA
GG. Sorry about yesterday.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1877 (isolation #56) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:33 pm

Post by RAS »

In post 1876, RAS wrote:My last post for the night.
I lied. I've got a feeling you guys might overthink this since I'm sure Vedith will come up with even more BS to defend himself.

Before anyone brings this up, Vedith couldn't have been role-blocked that night since L84Dnr saw him visit URAP (Read ), but Flippy saw no protection on URAP from his Voyeur action (Read ).

Do not let Vedith talk his way out of this, Flippy's JOAT actions confirm Vedith as scum here. I don't know why he performed the NK, but if I had to guess, it could be for any of these reasons:

A) It's possible that they thought town had an ability to role-block, and it was a lot more likely that FL would be role-blocked in that situation over Vedith.
B) With my short history of playing with FL, he's a player that takes a lot of unnecessary gambits, and this could very well be one of them. They could of very well done this so that Vedith could claim to be "clear" in the off-chance that he gets seen visiting.
C) It could've been a simple mistake, and something they completely overlooked.

I think "A" is the most likely outcome here, and it'll be interesting to see why it happened post-game. But I think any of you would agree that Vedith visiting that night does anything but clear him, yet that's all Vedith has been saying to defend himself. He's a decent enough player to realize that this doesn't clear him and to know that scum very likely sends in no NK yesterday.

I misread the description of Voyeur after Flippy had claimed which is why I voted him yesterday, you can put the blame on me for that one. It's not a role I was familiar with, and that's what caused me to lynch there. However, that lynch ended up confirming Vedith, so I guess it wasn't so bad.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1884 (isolation #57) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:41 am

Post by RAS »

In post 1879, Vedith wrote:
In post 1854, Emperor flippyNips wrote:I targeted him in hopes so I could see the last scum
but I used the wrong ability
I guess
So tell me, why shouldn't I lynch you today RAS?
Because you've 0 power, and because you're scum.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1886 (isolation #58) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:44 am

Post by RAS »

It's 100% over. You would still see URAP being protected even if there's a strongman. Strongman bypasses the save, but the doctor still visits.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1888 (isolation #59) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:48 am

Post by RAS »

I was just responding to what you said, but regardless, there's no outcome where Vedith isn't scum here.

I'm impatient because I'm curious as to what the last scum role is, and why Vedith NK'd that night.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1890 (isolation #60) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:52 am

Post by RAS »

I meant why Vedith NK'd URAP. I understand why there was no NK last night.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1892 (isolation #61) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:57 am

Post by RAS »

Agreed. I'm used to NK being no-kill, but people seem to use it for night-kill on this website. It's really confusing.

I think it's either that or they thought town had a role that could role-block. It's a lot more likely that FL would've been role-blocked that night as opposed to Vedith. I would be surprised if it's something they just overlooked.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1895 (isolation #62) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:37 am

Post by RAS »

In post 1894, Vedith wrote:
In post 1884, RAS wrote:
In post 1879, Vedith wrote:
In post 1854, Emperor flippyNips wrote:I targeted him in hopes so I could see the last scum
but I used the wrong ability
I guess
So tell me, why shouldn't I lynch you today RAS?
Because you've 0 power, and because you're scum.
So I have no power and scum... riiiiight
You ask a question regarding lynching. I say you have no power, stating you don't have the power to lynch me. You take it as me saying you don't have a power to use at night. Come on, man. It's getting a bit ridiculous just how much you keep grasping at straws. I understand you're trying to win, but this is really weak.
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1913 (isolation #63) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:58 am

Post by RAS »

A few post-game comments:

– My last comments towards Vedith wasn't a stab at him for trying, but more-so just pointing out that he kept grasping at straws. I'm glad you kept trying, and I hope you didn't take what I said to the heart.

– I'd like to apologize to Flippy for the quick lynch. I misread what your role did entirely, and you can put the blame on me for that one. I was all over the place that day, and I should've just taken it slow. I know it ultimately won us the game, but there's still no excuse for it.

– I'm finding myself agreeing with a lot of the things Vedith said in . This setup feels heavily town-sided even with a different Night 1 outcome but I wasn't here for the entirety of the game. I expected the last scum to be a lot more strong than an Informed Mafia though, I don't think having the knowledge that there's 4 VT in the game is all that helpful.

– Thank you for modding this game, Zulfy.

One last thing, why did you choose the NK the night URAP died, Vedith? Or are you going to make me wait for the scum PT for this one?
RAS
RAS
Goon
RAS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1928 (isolation #64) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:56 am

Post by RAS »

Thanks for the clarification and write-ups regarding the setup, mastina. I know this wasn't aimed at me, but I appreciate having more information since I initially believed that the setup was town-sided initially since I'm not used to having so many PR's in one game.
Then again, I wasn't here for the whole game, so my opinion means next-to-nothing here.

The thing is even if you disregard the poor NK target N1, scum still had a good chance of winning had FL NK'd over Vedith N3. That N3 misplay alone (despite the others) is what ultimately cost scum this game, and it was such a simple mistake at that. A lot of things went wrong for the scum-team throughout this game, and they still nearly won.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”