Moderator Resources

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 4, Haschel Cedricson wrote:The fact that the listmods haven't made one yet for proboards or another zetaboards replacement is borderline unacceptable in my opinion.
the listmods havent created a game since switching to a new platform

im honestly looking for help understanding how to setup a proboards forum myself

you're welcome to create the guide or work on one though
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:28 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 10, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 9, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 4, Haschel Cedricson wrote:The fact that the listmods haven't made one yet for proboards or another zetaboards replacement is borderline unacceptable in my opinion.
the listmods havent created a game since switching to a new platform
Setting aside the fact that CC literally just ran Survivor: Legendary so that's not true at all, perhaps that's part of what I think is unacceptable. We knew we would need a replacement for Zetaboards in July; I don't think expecting the listmods to help with a solution within a nine-month timeframe is unreasonable.
1. CC wasn't involved with the functionality/backend setup of Proboards for Legendary. Which is why I specifically used the verb "created". By the time CC got on board with the Legendary mod team, Vijarada had already done the vast majority of forum setup. And Vijarada seems to have a really good grasp of the software.

2. We evaluated other platforms. On the back end, we had been investigating with Kison whether there was something within PHPBB3 that could replace the functionality (that was a dead end) and then we reached out to some people who used NDIM Forums but never heard back. We evaluated fluxBB as well, but it was severely limited in functionality compared to what we used with Zetaboards. Then there was CODOFORUM, which requires purchasing web space to host the forum itself. By the time we got done tracking down these other options and evaluating them, Killing School Semester was already deep into the game, and Legendary was heading forward and would use Proboards, so it seemed the community had landed upon other alternatives already.

3. I know you
love
to publicly blast the listmods, but being toxic and assuming we're all just lazy or not doing our jobs is maybe a bit unwarranted. Again: you're free to take steps towards creating guides and resources for the community, as most guides/resources of that type have come from the community in the past (ani's newbie guide, CC's Elo ratings (before he was a listmod), the resources CreativeMod is putting together in this very thread).
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

we investigated other options. for months. by which point the community had come up with their own solution, so we let it be up to the gamemod.

i'm not sure what you're referencing with a listmod flaking on a game, but there's PROBABLY extenuating circumstances that explain it if it's related to what i think it is.

if this is what it looks like when you try NOT to blast the listmods i'd hate to see what it looks like when you do.

FWIW, you not once ever asked me to help with finding Equestria hosting. so i'm not sure why you feel ignored, or who ignored you.

in any case, it's clear you have an axe to grind so feel free to open up a private message with the listmods to seek out a solution when you have a problem (as other users have done).
green shirt thursdays

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”