Board Games!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games (board, card, video, we're not picky). Playing such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
brassherald
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He

Post Post #3347  (isolation #0)  » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:48 am

Tomorrow I'm going to do an escape room where the theme is board games, anyone want to give me pointers? Like what even is a board game in this world?
Only modding, if you see me /in on a game call me an idiot and reject it please.

brassherald
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3349  (isolation #1)  » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:27 am

There is a picture of a chess piece. My first choice was the virus room, but the groupon that saved like 60 bucks only applied to the "game room". It's also the easiest one.
Only modding, if you see me /in on a game call me an idiot and reject it please.

brassherald
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3355  (isolation #2)  » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:56 am

So, the game room was really fun, actually. We got out with time to spare, but it was their easy room chosen solely because of a groupon.

I plan to do one of their harder rooms when my sister is in town since she wants to do an activity with my and my girlfriend.

brassherald
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3655  (isolation #3)  » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:54 pm

Is Gloomhaven worth the very high price tag?

brassherald
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3660  (isolation #4)  » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:42 am

In post 3657, shaft.ed wrote:
In post 3655, brassherald wrote:Is Gloomhaven worth the very high price tag?
I would suggest trying it out in computer form first

It's absolutely free via Vassal, and if you already have Table Top Simulator it is free with that. I'm playing it over TTS and think it is actually better digital as physical would be a huge space investment and I wouldn't have anyone to play it with.

There is also a computer version in the works. Pre-release is available on Steam and will include full content when game is out.

I think a work friend recently bought it so maybe I'll talk him into letting my girlfriend and I try it out with him one time.

As it is, I did get him into his first D&D campaign, so we can ruin each other's lives at this point.

[ + ]

Return to The Arcade