[2] Not Voting
:
Flavor Leaf, Baezu 156

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

The Day 1 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-04-09 19:50:20)

Mod Notes
: :]
Last edited by Dannflor on Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SIV36
SIV36
Goon
SIV36
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:12 pm

Post by SIV36 »

In post 196, Flavor Leaf wrote:SIV, are you the type of guy who wears cologne?
Only on occasions where I'm with people I might need to impress. (?)

We haven't played mafia together. I don't think you know me.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:21 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 201, SIV36 wrote:
In post 196, Flavor Leaf wrote:SIV, are you the type of guy who wears cologne?
Only on occasions where I'm with people I might need to impress. (?)

We haven't played mafia together. I don't think you know me.
I might have been on Boonskiies or Morality. Or I might’ve just seen a game of yours. The name looks familiar, but I wouldn’t say i know you either.

What kind of cologne would you wear in that scenario? Would you say you’re at least casually knowledgeable about different fragrances?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:47 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 193, SIV36 wrote:
In post 102, Ausuka wrote:
In post 100, SIV36 wrote:I've noted a number of red flags coming from hitalt more than other players.
What are these red flags?
Below is what I had noted at the time. For some reason, I thought I had more.
In post 39, HitAlt wrote:@Fuscosco - are you an alt, or new on site?
Might help me understand you better
I would have probably looked over this easily, but then HitAlt tacks on at the end "It might help me understand you better", which struck a LAMIST chord with me. A normal town seeking to understand someone's previous identity wouldn't try steering the town's perception that it's a scum-hunting intent.
In post 49, HitAlt wrote:Btw, I have seen Something_Smart both as scum and as town before, and I have to admit that I can not read their tone correctly. Ever.
I haven't played this game very often, but from what I've observed so far, town-players tend to fall prey to a dunning-kruger effect. I'm suspecting that if a town player has a lot of information on someone, their confidence in their read would be really high. Having a low confidence read like above really doesn't make sense to me.
(maybe i'm reading too far into this one.)

In post 42, HitAlt wrote:
In post 37, Alchemist21 wrote:I’m confused here. He self-voted in response to someone making what was really an NAI play?
If I understood him correctly, he means that S_S selfvoted as scum in a
This is a personal quirky read, so I apologize if this read seems really weak.

Alchemist was drilling RCE that question. HitAlt wooshes in offering a helpful answer of his own. In my experience, I keep confirming scum wooshing in to other people's Q+A's.

It's hard for me to empathize with this because as town, I see the importance of people sticking up for themselves above anything. Because answers to these questions provide a lot of information. When mafia wooshes in, it seems like they want more spotlight on them so they can clear their name. Maybe there's a slight buddying bent in there also.
I don’t see how you get the LAMIST thing from what they said. Low-confidence reads also exist. The only part of this post that could make sense to me is the last part about answering someone else’s question, but I don’t understand where you see scum intent there. How would that have been an attempt for hitalt to clear his name? Also who are they buddying in this case, me or RCE?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:28 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 188, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 172, cbynumber wrote:What about S_Smarts posts ping you?
I don't like appeals like this (and he's actually trying to sell it)
In post 55, Something_Smart wrote:I'm very easy to read if you know what you're looking for.
In post 55, Something_Smart wrote:I have a hard time faking that as scum.
I really don't like people trying to get points by downplaying their abilities- it comes off as "insurancey" for the future as in "oh tehee, sorry my reads were bad- it's just not my day today".
In post 71, Something_Smart wrote:I am definitely not on top of my game today
plus past trauma from the previous game
Got it. So ultimately, this equates to a S_smart scumlean for you, yeah?
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:36 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

By itself- it would.

However I just came from a game with him where I vig-shot him for basically the same thing (and more) which lost us the game, so that's kind of fresh.....
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:40 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 205, Vorkuta wrote:By itself- it would.

However I just came from a game with him where I vig-shot him for basically the same thing (and more) which lost us the game, so that's kind of fresh.....
To be fair, he claimed traitor.

Still waiting on my cologne comments once SIV comes back
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:53 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

Boats did as well and I was pocketed hard by him.
S_Smart wouldve been on my kill list regardless of the claim (and that claim was very very last minute)
I'll try and stop bringing the game up though.

Anyway- there are people who's town playstyles ping me really hard in the absence of personal experience playing with them (like the defense Baizu is making) and that causes me to lose games/not be useful because my core!town block sucks. So now, I'd like to think I """learned""" S_Smart's town play, and all those points that ping me are turned onto town points
also because recency bias
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:55 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I wouldn’t know the difference.

I’ve only been mod or scum when SS plays before here.

I have to actually read him, and I’m not even going to attempt until like tomorrow
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:05 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

I mean also my point is that I kind of have to stop scum reading people for really poor/personal reasons, and if anything 'scum probably isn't this bad' should be my go-to reaction when people do/say stuff I don't like.

However this would undermine my Baezu read so as I said previously- I'm conflicted.
HitAlt
HitAlt
Goon
HitAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:35 pm

Post by HitAlt »

I'm not sure if scum!SIV would do that post.
I might have raised an eyebrow when reading it, but I still think the intention behind the post was propably good.
In short: I think the level of "tryhard" makes me lean town.
I am Alt. Hope it's a hit.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:40 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 210, HitAlt wrote:I'm not sure if scum!SIV would do that post.
I might have raised an eyebrow when reading it, but I still think the intention behind the post was propably good.
In short: I think the level of "tryhard" makes me lean town.

Hit, my cologne posting directly slightly involves you.
HitAlt
HitAlt
Goon
HitAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:44 pm

Post by HitAlt »

Uh-huh.
HitAlt
HitAlt
Goon
HitAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:47 pm

Post by HitAlt »

In post 193, SIV36 wrote:It's hard for me to empathize with this
because as town, I
see the importance of people sticking up for themselves above anything.
This was the only scummy thing in their post. After calling my phrasing LAMIST.
HitAlt
HitAlt
Goon
HitAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:52 pm

Post by HitAlt »

Boon, I've seen you do your gambits over the years, and I'm fully aware of your quirks.
When you are scum, your actions tend to be on the dramatic side. Flashy moves and sound effects.
So please explain this cologne thing in full when you feel like it.
Until them, I'll be sitting here with the popcorn.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:58 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I wouldn’t say this is me being dramatic.

Assuming you’re very aware of my town gambits too. Those are more fun.
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:04 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

I don't see the word cologne in that reply
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:07 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 216, Vorkuta wrote:I don't see the word cologne in that reply
He said explain it when I feel like it.

I’m also going through a total playstyle rehaul because people are catching onto me.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:24 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Hello, I am one of the people.

I haven't done a readslist in awhile so, why not.

(Ausuka, Alchemist, SS, Umlaut, Vorkuta)
(HitAlt, FL, Cbynumber)
(Fuscosco, Baezu, Siv)

Don't feel strongly about anyone this game so it's literally Townleans - null - scumleans.

Though I do think Alchemist becomes my top town on a Siv red flip.
SIV36
SIV36
Goon
SIV36
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:15 am

Post by SIV36 »

In post 202, Flavor Leaf wrote:
What kind of cologne would you wear in that scenario? Would you say you’re at least casually knowledgeable about different fragrances?
I only have a single bottle of brut cologne. I've had it for years. I have zero knowledge of fragrances.
In post 203, Alchemist21 wrote:
I don’t see how you get the LAMIST thing from what they said. Low-confidence reads also exist. The only part of this post that could make sense to me is the last part about answering someone else’s question, but I don’t understand where you see scum intent there. How would that have been an attempt for hitalt to clear his name? Also who are they buddying in this case, me or RCE?
My idea was that it's convenient for mafia to answer other people's questions. It helps them produce content and makes players think they are game-solving. I know it's a stretch, but I was suggesting he may have been buddying RCE. I was getting gut feelings when noting these things of hit-alt and getting a wolfy impression of him. These gut feelings weren't strong but Ausuka wanted more of an explanation for my suspicions.
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:30 am

Post by Vorkuta »

Ok- from now on, I will not reply to or provide commentary on anything that doesn't have "Vorkuta" in it. /s

I can understand the reasoning, but I disagree with it.
What's the harm in having 2 or more people answer the same question? Scum can probably generate filler content in better ways.
Plus its been done before this game: # as a completely stupid and surface level example.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by Dannflor »

SIV36 has requested replacement. Looking for a replacement.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by Baezu »

Looking over the entire thread, Alchemist has mostly had short comments and questions here and there so I don’t feel a real solid towniness from him. The fact that he agreed with umlauts conclusions raises him up a few townie points for me because umlaut is a TR in my mind.
In post 61, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 50, Umlaut wrote:
In post 46, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 45, Umlaut wrote:S_S and Fuscosco are obviously not scum together. Likewise S_S and HitAlt.
That's a bold move, Cotton.

Can you show your work?
I assume scum pay some attention to what their buddies are doing. Fuscosco isn't going to duplicate your self-vote, and HitAlt isn't going to fail to notice that you made one. I guess in the latter case he could just be lying, but I don't think that's what's happening.
I like this post.
But other than this, there really hasn’t been super meaningful content from him...

As far as Ausuka, it’s hard to tell...

This post in particular pings me the wrong way...it almost feels like she’s trying to distance herself from RCE. And if she didn’t really know who else to vote for, why put a vote on Siv? Simply because they have not responded?

Ausuka seems to me like someone playing scum really well
In post 108, Ausuka wrote:UNVOTE:

yeah I'm not really comfortable with my vote right now - it's not that i've suddenly lost all faith in my train of thought but i feel like rce is being way too legitimately gamesolvy outside of that to continue focusing on him.

VOTE: Siv36

i'd rather do this instead and the more i think about it there's not really any point waiting for siv to respond to vote him.
In post 100, SIV36 wrote:I have a slight suspicion on S_S however. Contrary to Umlaut's thinking that S_S and hitalt couldn't be together, I think it's plausible that they are. Mafia could also be putting in extra effort to make it seem that they are not on the same team, and would probably work on that right from the beginning of the game. But, I'm also a newbie compared to you guys, you know each other a lot better than I.
This specifically just feels fake. Sure, what he mentions is certainly a possibility, but I don't see any evidence that this actually happened rather than Hitalt legitimately just forgetting about S_S's vote. The last sentence just feels slimy tbh.

He also says he's voting Hitalt because there's a number of red flags but for whatever reason doesn't specify what those red flags are.

I'm definitely not townreading Baezu either tbh.

Cbynumber I really don’t have a read on, sure he’s asked some questions but there really hasn’t been much content...nothing he’s done is pinging me as town or mafia, guess I’ll have to wait and see...

Flavorleaf replaced into a slot that had literally no content. I’d love to see where his line of cologne questioning ends up leading but really he’s pretty null for me at the moment as well

Fuscosco’s play style reminds me a lot of Nachomomma’s and when Nacho played like this he was town. More generally I’ve been in a lot of games where a seasoned player has played this way, little comments here and there, somewhat obfuscating gameplay only to come out day 3 with a detailed post which nails the scum team to a tee...honestly slight town lean

Honestly, the post from hitalt makes a lot of sense to me reading back over the thread. When I first read hitalt’s posts as he was writing them, they came across as scummy but I believe him when he said that he didn’t see SS’s self vote and his posts generally seem towny
In post 59, HitAlt wrote:
In post 56, Fuscosco wrote:I selfvoted because i could, because it sparks discussion, and because, aside from conspicuously not voting at all, its my mo
Fine enough.

VOTE: ausuka - time to activate.
This post from RCE really rubs me the wrong way...a lot of his posts don’t have much content and again, he goes from voting me to voting Siv, whom I feel is the other easy mark.....not feeling crazy town vibes from RCE
In post 103, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 98, Fuscosco wrote:Its eay too early to scum read siv?

that baezu vote, though, had just enough meat to be real. what happened?
On what grounds?

Baezu hiding behind Umlauts questioning was initially +scum for me but 91 is pretty much where I'm at. Maybe less sure on Ausuka just because I know she can town tell pretty easily as scum.
I understand why Siv made this vote- he himself had said before that hitalt was pinging him with red flags, but reading over it again, it seems like he might be buddying up to me because hitalt’s posts aren’t particularly scummy when you look at the entire thread...

The other thing that bothers me about Siv is that he’s doing “well enough” and by that I mean, trying to seem just towny enough to get by. Kind of a lesser version of what ausuka is doing
In post 194, SIV36 wrote:I guess my vote is best on VOTE: HitAlt for now.
SomethingSmart has literally no meaningful content. Seriously dude, can you make a meaningful contribution to this game?

Umlaut is town- moving on

Vorkuta- slight town lean at the moment, but again not too much meat in his posts

From scum to town
Ausuka>Siv>SS>RCE>alchemist>flavorleaf>cbynumber>vorkuta>hitalt>fuscosco>umlaut

VOTE: ausuka
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:38 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 222, Baezu wrote:SomethingSmart has literally no meaningful content. Seriously dude, can you make a meaningful contribution to this game?
Patience, young Padawan.

Anything in particular you want my opinion on?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Aaaaaalright so, this is a 180 from the post I backed off of you for. In which you townread all of Ausuka, Umlaut, SS. HitAlt was your initial scum.

I'm not sold on HitAlt scum but I'm interested the flip from Ausuka town to scum when your read is that Siv is doing less than Ausuka but in the same manner. It's only really interesting because of the timing and Sivs recent posting doesn't really redeem him AND he has now repped out.

Then your read on me isn't consistent with the rest of your reads. From what I can tell you are tying me to Ausuka as scum but have siv and SS as your next up. Both of whom where my early pushes and Siv I've doubled down on. It would feel more believable if you went SS + me as early distancing than tying me with Ausuka.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”