Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:29 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Depends. Most towntells involve thoughts rather than mere words, and everyone has a different level of skill at emulating those thoughts as scum.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:31 am

In post 275, Fuscosco wrote:Actually wow, what a softball Q.
Which one?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:02 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 191, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 169, Ausuka wrote:{rce, hitalt, ss}
{alchemist, fuscosco}
{cbynumber, Flavor leaf, umlaut}
{vorkuta}
{baezu, siv36}
This is, like, startlingly close to sorting by postcount.
This makes sense imo. This was early enough in the game that I wasn't going to townread any players with low postcounts very much, regardless of alignment. Outside the top five you just kind of had a poe of which Baezu and siv were the most scummy.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:12 am

I have no issue with refusing to townread someone with only a few posts, but the bigger problem was that you seemed to be refusing to scumread anyone with a lot of posts.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:19 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 223, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 222, Baezu wrote:SomethingSmart has literally no meaningful content. Seriously dude, can you make a meaningful contribution to this game?
Patience, young Padawan.

Anything in particular you want my opinion on?
I do! Particularly on Siv/Baezu. Baezu's readflips. Their mutual scumreads on each other without much action.

How do you feel about cbynumbers posting? Fuscosco's recent posts. What does Umlauts apprehensive approach to being consensus read say to you?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:20 am

Post by Ausuka »

Siv has replaced out now so I can't press him any further on this but:
In post 193, SIV36 wrote:
In post 102, Ausuka wrote:
In post 100, SIV36 wrote:I've noted a number of red flags coming from hitalt more than other players.
What are these red flags?
Below is what I had noted at the time. For some reason, I thought I had more.
In post 39, HitAlt wrote:@Fuscosco - are you an alt, or new on site?
Might help me understand you better
I would have probably looked over this easily, but then HitAlt tacks on at the end "It might help me understand you better", which struck a LAMIST chord with me. A normal town seeking to understand someone's previous identity wouldn't try steering the town's perception that it's a scum-hunting intent.
In post 49, HitAlt wrote:Btw, I have seen Something_Smart both as scum and as town before, and I have to admit that I can not read their tone correctly. Ever.
I haven't played this game very often, but from what I've observed so far, town-players tend to fall prey to a dunning-kruger effect. I'm suspecting that if a town player has a lot of information on someone, their confidence in their read would be really high. Having a low confidence read like above really doesn't make sense to me.
(maybe i'm reading too far into this one.)

In post 42, HitAlt wrote:
In post 37, Alchemist21 wrote:I’m confused here. He self-voted in response to someone making what was really an NAI play?
If I understood him correctly, he means that S_S selfvoted as scum in a
This is a personal quirky read, so I apologize if this read seems really weak.

Alchemist was drilling RCE that question. HitAlt wooshes in offering a helpful answer of his own. In my experience, I keep confirming scum wooshing in to other people's Q+A's.

It's hard for me to empathize with this because as town, I see the importance of people sticking up for themselves above anything. Because answers to these questions provide a lot of information. When mafia wooshes in, it seems like they want more spotlight on them so they can clear their name. Maybe there's a slight buddying bent in there also.
These reasons seem kinda weak (it's not unusual for somebody to be open about why they're asking a question, a low-confidence read like isn't scummy at all and I can't grasp the thought process that it is, the third point I feel doesn't really apply here - Hitalt isn't really answering a question meant to grill RCE, they're explaining a point that had confusing wording). I'm not exactly sure to what extent I should consider the Siv slot scum for this, but I feel like it's plausible he went with a Hitalt push because he had to more than anything else; he didn't see anything scummy but felt like he had to make some kind of push so he went with Hitalt and kind of formed the reasoning afterwards.

Pedit: Why should I have scumread any of them?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:23 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 202, Flavor Leaf wrote:What kind of cologne would you wear in that scenario? Would you say you’re at least casually knowledgeable about different fragrances?
In post 247, Flavor Leaf wrote:VOTE: Slaxx

Hey, bud. Excited to play with you.

Also, my cologne gambit is gonna have to wait now.

ScumSIV got scared and couldn’t handle it.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:32 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’m really upset, guys. I had some real stuff to dive into SIV from that post, and I don’t feel like giving Slaxx the Third Degree Boon.

Ausuka, what day you? Who’s off to you?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:33 am

In post 281, Ausuka wrote:Pedit: Why should I have scumread any of them?
Well, you scumread some people, so it'd be quite the coincidence if your townreads on the higher posters had nothing to do with their activity.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:44 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 222, Baezu wrote:Looking over the entire thread, Alchemist has mostly had short comments and questions here and there so I don’t feel a real solid towniness from him. The fact that he agreed with umlauts conclusions raises him up a few townie points for me because umlaut is a TR in my mind.
Why is this worthy of a townread?
In post 222, Baezu wrote: This post in particular pings me the wrong way...it almost feels like she’s trying to distance herself from RCE.
What part of this makes you think I'm distancing myself from RCE? I'm expressing a townread from him.
In post 222, Baezu wrote:And if she didn’t really know who else to vote for, why put a vote on Siv? Simply because they have not responded?
"This specifically just feels fake. Sure, what he mentions is certainly a possibility, but I don't see any evidence that this actually happened rather than Hitalt legitimately just forgetting about S_S's vote. The last sentence just feels slimy tbh.

He also says he's voting Hitalt because there's a number of red flags but for whatever reason doesn't specify what those red flags are."
You quoted this post; what happened? Do you think it's not reasoning for my Siv vote?
In post 108, Ausuka wrote: Ausuka seems to me like someone playing scum really well
Can you provide evidence for this. What exactly in my play makes me "scum playing really well" rather than town? You mentioned me distancing myself from RCE, sure, although I don't see how that happened at all; is there anything else at all or is this it?
In post 222, Baezu wrote: Honestly, the post from hitalt makes a lot of sense to me reading back over the thread. When I first read hitalt’s posts as he was writing them, they came across as scummy but I believe him when he said that he didn’t see SS’s self vote and his posts generally seem towny
In post 59, HitAlt wrote:
In post 56, Fuscosco wrote:I selfvoted because i could, because it sparks discussion, and because, aside from conspicuously not voting at all, its my mo
Fine enough.

VOTE: ausuka - time to activate.
What about 59 makes Hitalt town? It seems very NAI to me. Why did you even scumread them in the first place?
In post 222, Baezu wrote: This post from RCE really rubs me the wrong way...a lot of his posts don’t have much content and again, he goes from voting me to voting Siv, whom I feel is the other easy mark.....not feeling crazy town vibes from RCE
If he's done scumhunting (which he has) does it matter so much if a few of his posts don't have much content? I don't really understand.
In post 222, Baezu wrote: I understand why Siv made this vote- he himself had said before that hitalt was pinging him with red flags, but reading over it again, it seems like he might be buddying up to me because hitalt’s posts aren’t particularly scummy when you look at the entire thread...
You say you understand why Siv made this vote but you also seem to be saying you don't understand why Siv made this vote. I don't really understand this at all.
In post 222, Baezu wrote: The other thing that bothers me about Siv is that he’s doing “well enough” and by that I mean, trying to seem just towny enough to get by. Kind of a lesser version of what ausuka is doing
Can you elaborate on how I'm just trying to seem towny enough to get by?

Why do you think voting Siv is an "easy mark" -> an easy ML but also think he's scum?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:44 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 283, Flavor Leaf wrote:I’m really upset, guys. I had some real stuff to dive into SIV from that post, and I don’t feel like giving Slaxx the Third Degree Boon.

Ausuka, what day you? Who’s off to you?
Sorry if I'm being dense but I don't understand this.
In post 284, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 281, Ausuka wrote:Pedit: Why should I have scumread any of them?
Well, you scumread some people, so it'd be quite the coincidence if your townreads on the higher posters had nothing to do with their activity.
I only townread five players, and I think high-end activity players are a bit more likely town anyway, so it's not that much of a coincidence.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:50 am

In post 280, RCEnigma wrote:I do! Particularly on Siv/Baezu.
Siv's posting was classic analytic newb posting, I doubt it was out of his range as either alignment.
Baezu's style is hard for me to read. The bit about getting scumread as town is likely genuine but she'd be able to fake that if it happens all the time. gives me shivers.
Baezu's readflips.
Unexplained abrupt readflips are usually town. Nothing really remarkable about hers, it's possible she just forgot her previous reads.
Their mutual scumreads on each other without much action.
Okay? A lot of people have scumreads and don't act on them.
How do you feel about cbynumbers posting?
I like his inquisitive style. A style like that is more often town than not. Reminds me of lilith who was before your time but some other people might remember her and see what I mean.
Fuscosco's recent posts.
Recent posts in particular? They don't really have any content.
What does Umlauts apprehensive approach to being consensus read say to you?
It feels hollow and possibly fake. Waiting on his response to though.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:54 am

Post by Ausuka »

Assuming you're talking about my reads -

Baezu is the primary scumread right now and I want her lynched. The partner(s) is likely in {cby, slaxx, vorkuta} (and I think it's 2 scum because this was a pre-designed setup by schadd who is a modern user and generally speaking is going to mod 13 player setups. if this setup has one less mislynch i think it's because he wanted a balanced two-scum game. additionally 11/12 confirmations seems a bit excessive compared to site standard and I think it's likely to come from the desire to have at least one scum in the game from the start. this is all just speculation though.)
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:56 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 231, Baezu wrote:ausuka’s playstyle is almost too perfect...
what do you think i would do differently if i were town here?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:57 am

Okay Ausuka I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because I don't think I've ever read you right in the past. I will ignore my gut pings from your posts and call you town for that 2 scum speculation :P
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:57 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 279, Something_Smart wrote:I have no issue with refusing to townread someone with only a few posts, but the bigger problem was that you seemed to be refusing to scumread anyone with a lot of posts.
interesting point, scanning his posts now to see if this is accurate...
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:59 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 257, Baezu wrote:I’m gonna laugh so hard when they lynch your scummy slot slaxx
mmm
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:04 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 291, Something_Smart wrote:Okay Ausuka I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because I don't think I've ever read you right in the past. I will ignore my gut pings from your posts and call you town for that 2 scum speculation :P
this^^

wut?

If she were scum, she'd know exactly how many scum there were!
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:06 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 293, Ausuka wrote:
In post 257, Baezu wrote:I’m gonna laugh so hard when they lynch your scummy slot slaxx
mmm
I see you've already made up your mind about me, and so everything I say you're using to support your theory, which is fine, but I would encourage you to take those lenses off and actually read the content of my bigger posts
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:07 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 289, Ausuka wrote:Assuming you're talking about my reads -

Baezu is the primary scumread right now and I want her lynched. The partner(s) is likely in {cby, slaxx, vorkuta} (and I think it's 2 scum because this was a pre-designed setup by schadd who is a modern user and generally speaking is going to mod 13 player setups. if this setup has one less mislynch i think it's because he wanted a balanced two-scum game. additionally 11/12 confirmations seems a bit excessive compared to site standard and I think it's likely to come from the desire to have at least one scum in the game from the start. this is all just speculation though.)
and I already said I was ok with this. If my town flip helps town nail the scum, then that's all I can ask for
Show

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:08 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 295, Baezu wrote:
In post 293, Ausuka wrote:
mmm
I see you've already made up your mind about me, and so everything I say you're using to support your theory, which is fine, but I would encourage you to take those lenses off and actually read the content of my bigger posts
Why did you write 257 then? How did I write if I haven't read any of your bigger posts?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:12 am

Post by Slaxx »

Yeah Aus’ two-scum spec is probtown.

Not surprised Bae is throwing shade at it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:15 am

In post 294, Baezu wrote:If she were scum, she'd know exactly how many scum there were!
And then she wouldn't have to speculate about it :P

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”