Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:50 am

Post by Baezu »

was in response to SS
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:51 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 572, Baezu wrote:How about the fact that we haven’t heard a peep from cbynumbers replacement
Not just any replacement, but Volxen.

I’ve only had experience with them in the Michael Scott hydra that I recall though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:00 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 572, Baezu wrote:How about the fact that we haven’t heard a peep from cbynumbers replacement
I mean, there really isn't much to say about it. It's not like this is a situation where scum-volxen would have some motivation to avoid posting... I hope we hear from him soon.

Anything else?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:04 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 576, Slaxx wrote:
Not just any replacement, but Volxen.

I’ve only had experience with them in the Michael Scott hydra that I recall though.
I’m not familiar with volxen- is he normally very verbal?
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:07 am

Post by Baezu »

I guess it’s just frustrating that I have absolutely no clue who the scum are this game...I’m in the same boat as everyone else, it seems.

Doesn’t the fact that there isn’t a good counterwagon bother you?
Show

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:18 am

Well, the fact that the gamestate hasn't changed in a few days does not surprise me, because the game has slowed down considerably.

But a counterwagon would be preferable, yes.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:22 am

Post by Baezu »

Who do you feel are the scum?
Show

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:44 am

If I had really any idea, I'd probably be voting someone other than myself...

I don't usually scumhunt much early, especially on D1.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:48 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 425, RCEnigma wrote:
Ausuka I'm kind of inclined to think Baezu was a designated buss (which means more than 2 scum) or the scumteam is passively hoping the wgaon falls off. The third alternative being Baezu is just drowning town.
Yeah I agree with your first option mostly. If Baezu is scum, scum either bussed or lurked heavily (read volxen slot tbh) through the Baezu wagon.
In post 425, RCEnigma wrote: I could see Baezu being town without solid reasoning for their reads and they are just forcing the content because they've been put on the spot. Which makes it inconsistent.
@baezu: do you think this is an accurate description of your posts?
In post 425, RCEnigma wrote: But to be honest the main reason is the AtE just got to me.
In post 300, Baezu wrote:Well, sounds like there’s a consensus. So why haven’t I been lynched yet? Make it happen, guys. I’m not going to vote myself. Wouldn’t everyone rather have actual concrete information with which to work tomorrow?
assuming you're referring to this - even if it's genuine what makes it town? if she's been bussed especially, and she feels like everyone thinks she's scum, i think she's likely to make this post, right?
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:53 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 441, Slaxx wrote:I guess I misunderstood her whole post the first time I read it.

When she said 11/12 I thought she meant 11/12 not 11 or 12. Yikes. That’s bad on my part.
I meant eleven out of twelve (to be more specific, requiring eleven confirmations of the twelve players we have in this game is unusually large and I thought that the reason why it was so large was because of Dann's desire to have at least one scum present at gamestart.)
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:54 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 442, Slaxx wrote:
In post 439, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 437, Slaxx wrote:I like Auks two scum spec a lot less now that it’s actually more possible there’s only two scum.
Well no, because had there been 13 players it would have been obviously bullshit but now it's actually a reasonable thing to think about.
I don’t want to get too caught up on it because I think she’s town still.

But the point is the confidence and tone in which she said it, with my perception of it still being likely three, made her super Townie because she lacked info. You gotta think fmpov reading it and just figuring it’s three/thirteen, I’m kinda laughing like why would there be two, she must be town.
I guess if there are two scum Slaxx is town for this. I don't feel like this is faked.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:58 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 449, Vorkuta wrote:yet no one is coming up with an equally good counter wagon that I can get behind.
Why haven't you begun one then? If you don't have reads, couldn't you try to ISO-dive people and see if you can get reads out of that? At least can you tell me why is wrong? Same sentiment to SS.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:01 am

Post by Baezu »

Ausuka, like I was explaining to SS, I usually have at least one solid scum read in most games I play- I’m not a great player but I tend to do ok. I think my read on you was mostly from paranoia. The meta that I have on people and this game is six years old- not using this as an excuse, of course - I still need to earn my TR and not just coast through a game (because that’s not helpful to town). So right now I’m actually pretty panicked because I don’t know if everyone has just gotten way better, if I’m just old, if I’ve gotten way worse or what but I am extremely concerned that I have no solid reads yet this game.

I don’t think that actually answered your question...

My reads don’t have solid reasoning not only because I’m town but also because I’m still learning the meta and because it seems everyone has gotten really good
Show

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:04 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 462, Baezu wrote:Ok so let’s say I’m scum- who is the other scum?
Cbynumber/vorkuta/slaxx seem like viable options to me personally. I guess I understand the sentiment that vorkuta and slaxx were pushing your lynch so they'd be unlikely to be your partner but I think in a gamestate where none of them were being especially townread - this applies especially if Slaxx, the second most scumread slot at the wagon's conception, is actually scum - scum would be more likely to bus in order to generate towncred from that and salvage the game.

hi volxen - looking forward to seeing you produce content :]

Pedit: Ok thanks Baezu. How do you feel about Slaxx rn?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:08 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 477, Vorkuta wrote:Can we get a tally of how many people have accepted ausuka's '2 scum premise'?
Like if I'm going to try and dig through people by what their reads on baezu are, I'd
naively
think that

-in a 2 scum setup, I'd think that remaining scum can't afford a scum!Baezu lynch= not on the wagon
-in a 3 scum setup, scum has some leeway so my guess is 1 scum on the wagon, 1 off.

Then baezu threw out
In post 426, Baezu wrote:Yes there are definitely two scum on my wagon
Is that 2/2 or 2/3?

So I would like to know the setup spec (or rather what we think the setup is) before even trying to speculate.
I feel like this is the wrong way around? There's no way to be certain on d1 whether we have 2 or 3 scum; we can speculate but we can't be confident enough that we base our game off of it. If you get a solid scumread it doesn't matter if there are 2 or 3 scum, they're likely scum anyway, right?

I know I was kind of the one who brought it up so it might be my fault but I feel like this 2/3 scum thing is becoming a big distraction.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:12 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 491, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 475, Baezu wrote:Because honestly the scum team would be doing a terrible job of it were me and one of you
I buy "too bad to be scum" actually.

So I think what I'm getting at with my previous posts and this is:

REGARDLESS of how BS/how much I disagree/how scummy Baezu pings me, I'm worried that this is lynchbait and actually good!scum
TM
is doing work.

I'm also deciding whether there's one or both in FL & RCE, but that's what I want to focus on AFTER the slots with little content make their catchup posts.
Is there a reason why scum isn't playing badly in your eyes?

Ftr I think even if Baezu is scum, scum aren't even doing badly - I'd say they're doing rather well; Baezu has convinced most players she's town and now we're in a rut. Most people believe Baezu is town and seem relatively unshakeable on that belief, and the momentum is highly against that wagon, but at the same time, there is no solid push on any other player, leaving us in a place of stagnation.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:14 am

In post 586, Ausuka wrote:
In post 449, Vorkuta wrote:yet no one is coming up with an equally good counter wagon that I can get behind.
Why haven't you begun one then? If you don't have reads, couldn't you try to ISO-dive people and see if you can get reads out of that? At least can you tell me why is wrong? Same sentiment to SS.
Weirdness, things that make no sense, and excessive confidence are towntells. Trying to blend in can be characteristic of a new-ish (or in this case coming back after a long hiatus) player. The stuff that you said was posturing could just be impulsiveness.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:20 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 504, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 497, RCEnigma wrote:Dunno how j feel about this
-we have a notoriously good player that will screw up our game if he's scum
-scum!RCE: Fear not mere mortals! Just let me get to D3, then I will solve this problem!
-rest of town: believes in this
-scum!RCE: survives to D3
-scum!RCE: says literally anything
????
-Profit

I can see this playing out.

Which would mean that I can drop the FL association and try and read into RCE more.
But RCE isn't under any pressure. He is widely townread and if he's scum he has one leg in d3 already. Why does he even bother doing this?

pedit: meh I don't think I'm going to see eye to eye with you about this in any way.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:21 am

In post 592, Ausuka wrote:pedit: meh I don't think I'm going to see eye to eye with you about this in any way.
It's not the first time,and it probably won't be the last :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:22 am

Imagine that was punctuated properly.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:23 am

Wow, where did Umlaut go?
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:27 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 590, Ausuka wrote:
In post 491, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 475, Baezu wrote:Because honestly the scum team would be doing a terrible job of it were me and one of you
I buy "too bad to be scum" actually.

So I think what I'm getting at with my previous posts and this is:

REGARDLESS of how BS/how much I disagree/how scummy Baezu pings me, I'm worried that this is lynchbait and actually good!scum
TM
is doing work.

I'm also deciding whether there's one or both in FL & RCE, but that's what I want to focus on AFTER the slots with little content make their catchup posts.
Is there a reason why scum isn't playing badly in your eyes?

Ftr I think even if Baezu is scum, scum aren't even doing badly - I'd say they're doing rather well; Baezu has convinced most players she's town and now we're in a rut. Most people believe Baezu is town and seem relatively unshakeable on that belief, and the momentum is highly against that wagon, but at the same time, there is no solid push on any other player, leaving us in a place of stagnation.
In post 588, Ausuka wrote:
In post 462, Baezu wrote:Ok so let’s say I’m scum- who is the other scum?
Cbynumber/vorkuta/slaxx seem like viable options to me personally. I guess I understand the sentiment that vorkuta and slaxx were pushing your lynch so they'd be unlikely to be your partner but I think in a gamestate where none of them were being especially townread - this applies especially if Slaxx, the second most scumread slot at the wagon's conception, is actually scum - scum would be more likely to bus in order to generate towncred from that and salvage the game.

hi volxen - looking forward to seeing you produce content :]

Pedit: Ok thanks Baezu. How do you feel about Slaxx rn?
Slaxx seems town. The only post I didn’t like from him was because if he is scum and he doesn’t get lynched then scum wins but it’s certainly not a scummy comment...the other things that was offputting was the aggressive stance he took but again, not scummy per se
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:31 am

Post by Baezu »

And I totally agree with your - I think scum is doing a phenomenal job this game
Show

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:33 am

In post 597, Baezu wrote:And I totally agree with your - I think scum is doing a phenomenal job this game
The game just started... if any scum were caught by now it'd be because they're playing badly (or the town is playing exceptionally well).
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:34 am

Post by Dannflor »

Prodding Umlaut.