she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:34 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 508, Flavor Leaf wrote:Also, I don’t know the exact dates or confirmation yet, but I’ve been in a super rockin’ place emotionally and mentally lately. This past month has been some kind of awesome, which is really strange for the inner angsty optimistic but entirely depressed rags life I’ve lived most of my life, and I’ve literally gone from essentially nothing living in a small mountain town to being able to support myself living in the SF area by myself, and I don’t know if you all know this, but I’m an actor (also writer, trying to work on my own projects to get funded) and I just found out today that an audition I did recently, I’ll be getting flown out to LA to talk, and it’s a lead role for an upcoming pretty big film set for a 2020 theatrical release that’ll be filmed in 25 different countries, and I’m sad that if this happens, my July-October mafia career will be drastically halted. I’m technically not supposed to say any of this, but it’s totally anonymous here on MS for the most part, and I had to shout it out somewhere, and I enjoy a lot of you guys in this game a lot.

And if I ever do make it big, y’all best believe I’m going to find someway to create some kind of televised mafia thing much better than any YouTube mafia players, as I haven’t found a single mafia YouTube group that I think can light a candle to the players on this site, or the mods on this site.

Sorry for my overshare, but yeah. This place is a big part of my life, so if I disappear for a while, don’t think I’ve just left it behind.
congrats FL :]
In post 596, Baezu wrote:Slaxx seems town. The only post I didn’t like from him was 249 because if he is scum and he doesn’t get lynched then scum wins but it’s certainly not a scummy comment...the other things that was offputting was the aggressive stance he took but again, not scummy per se
What happened with to - what changed since then?
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:35 am

Post by Ausuka »

if anyone else tr'ing Baezu would like to comment on that'd be great - I understand SS because his towntells are my scumtells apparently but I don't get anyone else.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:37 am

Post by Baezu »

I don’t reply well to direct and aggressive confrontation with males...it’s my damage from all my years of being spat at in the corporate world for being female- I’ll try to control my temper in the future
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:40 am

Post by Baezu »

Just wondering- are you actually 14?
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:46 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 601, Ausuka wrote:if anyone else tr'ing Baezu would like to comment on that'd be great - I understand SS because his towntells are my scumtells apparently but I don't get anyone else.
uhh this comes off wrong; I'm not saying my reads are totally infallible or whatever I'm just saying I want to hear exactly why my reasoning is wrong.

{RCEnigma, Fuscosco} -> Fusc read is new and will probably be remarked on: I think stuff like how he struggles with getting reads but still makes a clear effort to sort people and how he seems to be thinking about what's best for town even when there's not really any agenda to play towards is towny. Like I think his read reversal on me and push on vorkuta doesn't have much of a point as scum. Also he just sounds genuine.
{Hitalt, something_smart}
{Alchemist21, Umlaut, Flavor Leaf}
{volxen, vorkuta, Slaxx}
{Baezu}
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:48 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 602, Baezu wrote:I don’t reply well to direct and aggressive confrontation with males...it’s my damage from all my years of being spat at in the corporate world for being female- I’ll try to control my temper in the future
This explains your tone but like I don't think it explains how you call him scummy in ? You also seemed to scumlean on Siv earlier.

Yeah I'm really 14.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:05 am

Post by Baezu »

What makes you think slaxx is scummy?
Show

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:18 am

Post by Ausuka »

I think Slaxx is scummy (not fullon scumread exactly but kind of a scumlean) is partially based on the points vs Siv I brought up earlier in and a bit in and also because I dislike him (Slaxx now)'s interactions with you;
In post 251, Baezu wrote:
In post 242, Slaxx wrote:231 is so damn ugly because it also downplays the content generated so far. It’s just so not town in every way.
Bwahaha

You’re the only person with whom I’ve ever played that has ever insinuated that being on the fence on day 1 page 10 is anti town

Also, care to explain how in your entire read through you kept saying baezu town baezu town and then you vote for me?! Wut?
In post 253, Slaxx wrote:
In post 251, Baezu wrote:
In post 242, Slaxx wrote:231 is so damn ugly because it also downplays the content generated so far. It’s just so not town in every way.
Bwahaha

You’re the only person with whom I’ve ever played that has ever insinuated that being on the fence on day 1 page 10 is anti town

Also, care to explain how in your entire read through you kept saying baezu town baezu town and then you vote for me?! Wut?
I understand the hyperactivity because I caught you and I’m really sorry I had to come in and ruin your fun.

But I think said you had a minor town indicative post and then one other Townie catchup. I also said like two-three of your posts were gross and explained, quite clearly, why.
In post 254, Slaxx wrote:
In post 241, Slaxx wrote:Yea that “ausuka is playing scum well” shit is ugly. It sets a bar for other people where if ausuka plays Townie she’s mafia and can’t win either way. I don’t know how logically you can purport to know who is playing scum well but not be able to name those who aren’t. Beazu flips scum at least twice as often as rand.
Oh yes, here it is. My thought process laid out plain as day, in the post after I voted you.
In post 255, Slaxx wrote:
In post 238, Slaxx wrote:156/157 beazu gross
In post 236, Slaxx wrote:Baezu minor town for 62
Damn Bae look at all those posts I said you were scum in!
In post 256, Slaxx wrote:
In post 255, Slaxx wrote:
In post 238, Slaxx wrote:156/157 beazu gross
In post 236, Slaxx wrote:Baezu minor town for 62
Damn Bae look at all those posts I said you were scum in!
In post 257, Baezu wrote:I’m gonna laugh so hard when they lynch your scummy slot slaxx
When I first read this interaction I was almost certain it was S/S just because of how fake and theatrical it looks to me. To some extent I still feel the same way.

Slaxx's scumread on you felt like super extreme and then he jumped off the wagon because he wanted to pressure Fuscosco a bit. He voted back when I pointed this out to his credit but like the point I'm trying to make is that I feel his earlier vigor for a Baezu lynch is potentially fake and his enthusiasm had a dropoff ever since a Baezu lynch became non-inevitable.

I don't think it's
just
Baezu/Slaxx though so I don't want to dwell too much on this read until a later date.
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:30 am

Post by Fuscosco »

He certainly has a demeanor about him.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:40 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Ausuka is town here unless she's bussing imo
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:40 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 586, Ausuka wrote:Why haven't you begun one then? If you don't have reads, couldn't you try to ISO-dive people and see if you can get reads out of that? At least can you tell me why 420 is wrong? Same sentiment to SS.
I did ISO dive people and I can dig up stuff that I disagree with, but I lack the confidence to turn that into a solid scum read on someone, much less enough to start a wagon on somebody. But on of the the main issues is:
In post 589, Ausuka wrote:I feel like this is the wrong way around? There's no way to be certain on d1 whether we have 2 or 3 scum; we can speculate but we can't be confident enough that we base our game off of it. If you get a solid scumread it doesn't matter if there are 2 or 3 scum, they're likely scum anyway, right?

I know I was kind of the one who brought it up so it might be my fault but I feel like this 2/3 scum thing is becoming a big distraction.
Like- I would be looking for COMPLETELY different things depending on whether there are 2 or 3 scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:43 am

In post 610, Vorkuta wrote:Like- I would be looking for COMPLETELY different things depending on whether there are 2 or 3 scum.
I would not, and I think you doing so is based on a mistaken belief that you can predict how scum will act in a given situation.

The only reasons knowing the the ratio is relevant are (1) evaluating potential townslips and (2) judging the balance after massclaim.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:47 am

Post by Vorkuta »

So I forget anything I have that might be setup related and go for things that ping me by themselves?

Ayt I might have something in that case
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:59 am

Post by Slaxx »

I’m still wary of SS’s detached style. Speaking more in generalities that are tangentially related to the game. Idk.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:04 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 591, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 586, Ausuka wrote:
In post 449, Vorkuta wrote:yet no one is coming up with an equally good counter wagon that I can get behind.
Why haven't you begun one then? If you don't have reads, couldn't you try to ISO-dive people and see if you can get reads out of that? At least can you tell me why is wrong? Same sentiment to SS.
Weirdness, things that make no sense, and excessive confidence are towntells. Trying to blend in can be characteristic of a new-ish (or in this case coming back after a long hiatus) player. The stuff that you said was posturing could just be impulsiveness.
In post 372, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 370, Fuscosco wrote:Ausuka's style of posting should be the focal point of a read on them, not some setup spec. Is the fact that they are speccing town? Im asking whoever.
The fact of doing setup spec is maybe slightly towny, but player dependent. The way someone does setup spec can be towny, however.
In post 60, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 58, HitAlt wrote:I'd say multiple times.
I'm pisspoor at alt guessing but now my curiosity is piqued :roll:

Though I don't think it would necessarily help me read you as I think I read you pretty well in that game.
In post 276, Something_Smart wrote:Depends. Most towntells involve thoughts rather than mere words, and everyone has a different level of skill at emulating those thoughts as scum.
In post 496, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 495, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 488, Something_Smart wrote:It's bad that you guys keep doing preflip associatives
I'm trying to spot scum theater as it's what I fell victim to in my recent games.
Well spot it after you have that sweet sweet redflip. Preflip associatives are a great way to convince yourself that someone is scum without a good reason.
In post 611, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 610, Vorkuta wrote:Like- I would be looking for COMPLETELY different things depending on whether there are 2 or 3 scum.
I would not, and I think you doing so is based on a mistaken belief that you can predict how scum will act in a given situation.

The only reasons knowing the the ratio is relevant are (1) evaluating potential townslips and (2) judging the balance after massclaim.
I tend to read this type of stuff as wanting to appear helpful while not actually driving forward progress. But I’ve also met day 1 players who just don’t get... elbow deep... into the game until a couple flips.

I doubt I go anywhere tonight but if I do SS needs to be kept on the radar.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:06 am

Post by Slaxx »

What bothers me about them most I think is that they are reinforcing or arguing other people’s reads without ever using in-game content, or taking a clear stance on the players in question.

Now these were definitely picked out of a much larger ISO, but I would implore everyone to take five minutes and brush through the ISO and see the “noise to signal” ratio there.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:13 am

In post 614, Slaxx wrote:I doubt I go anywhere tonight but if I do SS needs to be kept on the radar.
What's this supposed to mean
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:17 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

I’ve played with Something Smart before and he does have slow starts. I was scum our first game together and tried to push a lynch on him because he wasn’t doing anything. He ended up being the obvTown that was the deciding vote in LyLo.
HitAlt
HitAlt
Goon
HitAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:21 am

Post by HitAlt »

In post 609, Something_Smart wrote:Ausuka is town here unless she's bussing imo
Agreed.
I am Alt. Hope it's a hit.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:23 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 616, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 614, Slaxx wrote:I doubt I go anywhere tonight but if I do SS needs to be kept on the radar.
What's this supposed to mean
It means people need to keep in mind not to let you do what you’ve done today throughout the game.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:30 am

Post by Baezu »

Ya ausuka can’t be scum, not sure why I had some crazy paranoia

UNVOTE: ausuka
Show

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:07 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

@Mod - VLA until 4/7

I replaced out of all my games so I’m not distracted for my prep for what I said earlier. I’m staying in this one because it’s in its infancy still, and I love the playerlist. I’ll try and post every now and then. Probably about the same as I have been, but I’m going to officially call it a VLA, but this is my only game right now.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:44 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 621, Flavor Leaf wrote:@Mod - VLA until 4/7