Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by Scummies »

This player is just a very terrific mod.
There are so many factors to what makes a mod really stand out and basically, they perform across all categories.

Their setups, particularly across the normal & micro categories, have always been cleverly conceived and well executed. Their designs are elegant, but push boundaries and add really interesting layers to the game without blatantly changing its form. (And while he doesn't tend to stray into Open Setup territory, his instincts for popular underutilised open setups (for 2018, I suppose that's just Coalition) are sound).

It's difficult to bottle what stands out to me about his setups, but off the top of my head a couple of stand-outs would be: using a weak fruit vendor as a gated clearing role; having a scum watcher who is informed of the existence of a town neapolitan who in turn is informed of the identity of a town ascetic PR; the infamous mafia loud vanilla cop in a game with three masons.

From a day-to-day modding perspective, I think he sets an example for what good modding is on MS. His vote counts and presence are regular without flooding. He's absolutely professional, and always approachable. His flavour decisions are interesting and super cool. He conducts himself as a mod in a professional way, but simultaneously somehow carries his flavour & public posting in a totally enjoyable and unpretentious way.

I could continue for a fair while about why I think he deserves modfather, but ultimately his skills speak for him. If you haven't played in any of his games, or seen them around much, I'd encourage you to go have a look at a few.

The winner of Excellent Moderation for 2018 was:

Spoiler: Winner
Schadd_
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:04 am

Post by Scummies »

Reserved