Rhythm Games?!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:42 am

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Cytus II x Hatsune Miku.

FUCK I LOST A FORTUNE ON THIS GAME ALREADY.

*buys pack*
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:44 am

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Also no one talked about this yet.

Go play Deemo, Cytus, Cytus II and VOEZ, they are awesome smartphone rhythm games (with a mountain of DLCs but still worth it with or without buying them)
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:18 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Can we have a moment of thought about Cytus II's 3.0 "Ending" update?

I feel like this game's story really grew up on me and it really ended on a good note (well, there're multiple endings but still). Never expected a company to make great stories for rhythm games (I'm talking about Deemo and this).

Also it's free for a limited time, all song DLCs are down to $2 each (for 5 songs each) and there's a good discount for all character DLCs, and there's Miku. Even without DLCs, I think the amount of story and songs you get upfront is still a great deal.

Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Two new Japanese Mobile Rhythm Games debuted during the past few weeks. One is
Project Sekai
, a lane-type game featuring Hatsune Miku and vocaloid songs, pretty fun gimmick of variable note widths. And if you're a fan of Hatsune Miku, there are occasional free Virtual Concerts in the app as well.

But this one, this has become the best lane-type rhythm game I have ever played (or even overall). It's called
D4DJ: Groovy Mix
. From Bushiroad, the ones behind BanG Dream!, this game puts you in the atmosphere of DJing. The game mechanics is a bit more complex, but very, very fun to play. There are notes that requires you to scratch or stop the discs (and thereby briefly rewinding/pausing lane notes) as well as slider notes that does the remix of the song played while it's active. It's challenging, it's fun, and it's got a lot of game songs and covers. Highly recommended! It's in Japanese stores only for now but an English release is scheduled for 2021 so please try it!

Return to “The Arcade”