Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:22 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

To piggy back on that: I think she's placing more emphasis on the Volxen "wagon", but not on the Volxen "player" and his posts- she hasn't mentioned anything he's SAID specifically which also pings me.

This COULD be "low effort" in the sense that the volxen wallposts were just skimmed over because aint nobody got time to read/analyze that when there are pages of catch up do, but Ausuka has proven to be much better than that, don't like how she doesn't actually address the root cause of the wagon,
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:44 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

I disagree. Sometimes you can read a slot based on how wagons formed in them or around them. Easy wagon that stalled out and no counterwagon formed? Very likely Town with scum feeling comfortable in their position (or lurking).

Ausuka’s last vote on Baezu felt like it had a large OMGUS component to it since they kept pointing to as a good reason to sr them despite earlier posts, though it can’t be 100% of the reason since he didn’t seem to be bothered by Vedith’s post that 1159 is agreeing with.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:53 pm

Post by Baezu »

I just got back from my dog having stitches and I’m exhausted- I’ll catch up tomorrow
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:55 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 1177, Baezu wrote:I just got back from my dog having stitches and I’m exhausted- I’ll catch up tomorrow
Don’t take the cone of shame off no matter how much they whine! Hope they’re okay.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:57 pm

Post by Baezu »

I was so fucking pissed scared and sad at the same time
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:59 pm

Post by Baezu »

He sliced his fucking leg on something in my neighbors driveway (neighbor is doing construction)
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:59 pm

Post by Baezu »

I’m glad he’s ok, but Jesus it’s expensive
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:00 pm

Post by Baezu »

In post 1178, Slaxx wrote:
In post 1177, Baezu wrote:I just got back from my dog having stitches and I’m exhausted- I’ll catch up tomorrow
Don’t take the cone of shame off no matter how much they whine! Hope they’re okay.
But anyway, thank you slaxx <3
Show

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:24 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I agree with the way wagons were being formed to get reads, and this wagon likely was just all town.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:39 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I understand! Mine has a hot spot that needs looked at.

As long as you are consistent with the antibiotics (if they gave you any), and you don't let any wound-licking happen it will pan out fine :). If they recommended a followup make sure to go to that as well!

Game related: can we please lynch volxen like oh my god.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:07 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1173, Vorkuta wrote:Yes, we can catch scum!FL because he slipped up and gambitted a roll that's not allowed. Naive.

Observation about Ausuka- in addition to my suspicions and issues with some of her arguments which I outlined in #, I noticed that she's the one REALLY focused on the mechanical aspects of the game (FL's role/setupspec/meta-vs-nonmeta-reads). This pings scum to me, so I'd like some Meta feeback for this.

So far the case I have for a scum!Ausuka:
-Early questions/reads/mechanical analysis to get universal town points, AND to make town waste posts/discussion on topics that are... for lack of a better term "unproductive" by throwing a wrench in the works.
-Mid D-1 lowest-hanging fruit (Baezu) wagon and quite the tunnel on her.
-Late D-1 "reluctant" switch to Volxen
-Almost-end-of-D1 "disruption" and organizing chaos while trying to prevent/delay the hammer.
and otherwise maintaining a quite a low presence in between.
This could stand regardless of how Baezu and Volx actually were to flip.

My biggest issue with making her my scum!suspect #1 is that there was probably a better way to get off the volxen wagon than the way she did.
Why would you think that Ausuka is likely to be scum regardless of my flip? If I get lynched today and flip town, I think that pretty much confirms beyond any reasonable doubt that Ausuka is town, regardless of whether she rejoins my wagon or not. If I am town and Ausuka is scum, what is her motivation in leaving my wagon at this point? If she is scum and wants to avoid my wagon for VCA purposes, I don't think she would join it to begin with. I don't really see a scum motivation in joining my wagon, allowing me to get up to L-1, and then leaving my wagon and putting her vote back on Baezu. All it's done is open her up to criticism, when it would be easy for scum!her to just "go with the flow" and stay on my wagon.

Please... don't have her as your number #1 scum suspect, or as a scum suspect at all.
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:36 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

What do you mean?

There’s plenty of reasons why ScumAusuka would stop a lynch on town you.

First being you claimed VT, so if you were actually town, you’d immediately think Ausuka was trying to get some other claims and a different lynch than just a VT mislynch.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:04 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1186, Flavor Leaf wrote:What do you mean?

There’s plenty of reasons why ScumAusuka would stop a lynch on town you.

First being you claimed VT,
so if you were actually town, you’d immediately think Ausuka was trying to get some other claims and a different lynch than just a VT mislynch
I am town, which you will see soon enough. Why can't it simply be the case that Ausuka is town and genuinely believes that I am town, and that is why she left my wagon and placed her vote elsewhere?

I don't like this line of reasoning, because it could potentially be used to setup Ausuka and I as back-to-back mislynches assuming that she is town (which I strongly believe to be the case).
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:38 am

Post by Vorkuta »

Reasons for a scum!Ausuka dropping off any Volxen wagon:
-Letting other people do the dirty work so that when this wagon is brought up in the future she can have clean hands
-Throwing a wrench in the works, causing more unnecessary panic/distraction for town
-To keep the Volxen lynchbait alive to use for later while other mislynches (or cases for them) are pursued in the meanwhile
-scum!Ausuka might want to keep scum!Volxen alive for... mysterious reasons

Reasons for a town!Ausuka dropping off any Volxen wagon:
-genuinely believes that Volx is town and wants to stop the Volxen mislynch
-shit that's actually a pretty damn good reason

I don't know to what extent Ausuka likes getting her hands dirty as scum so I'd like some meta feedback (as I've previously requested), but here's the thing:
I THINK the most-towniest!Ausuka thing to have done would be to see that I'm actually trying to delay this lynch for as long as possible and to make conversation happen in the meanwhile as
-if anyone quickhammers then that's immediate foul play
-unvoting is an extremely anti-town and ""selfish"" play as I've stated an intent to hammer which means volxen is effectively lynched (sorry bro), and this is a "bonus" ~30 hours of twilight discussion. You can't just willy-nilly undo that WITHOUT a good pressing reason, and "oh it's too easy" doesn't cut it as has been mentioned before.

However I freely admit I have past trauma over "deadline" rush shenanigans and have gone on to hypertunnel players who pull stuff like this using the deadline panic to try and force/abuse the situation on a personal hunch IN DEFIANCE of what town perceives to be the best option. I'm still trying to balance it out.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:03 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Volxen is town, Ausuka is town, FL is town and scum biased but he'll figure it out. Alchemist would have been a way better Lynch today.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:03 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Actually I think Vedith has a good chance of being scum too.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:04 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I've realized that giving reads out like this towards EoD could very well get me killed so I redact all of it.
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:12 am

Post by Vorkuta »

So is there a wagon that is actually LIKELY TO HAPPEN in the next several hours that you can get behind?
Thoughts on the rest- particularly S_Smart and Fus please

Also the Fus wagon is so good, even Fus is on it.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:15 am

Post by RCEnigma »

...literally Alchemist or Vedith. I think Fusco is town for today and while I can go for an SS Lynch I don't think it outweighs what info we gain from other lynches.

Never getting my support to Lynch Ausuka today, scum can go back to the drawing board on it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:26 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I would be willing to wagon almost anyone other than volxen. If one forms I'll likely join it. I don't feel volxen is scum here.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:29 am

Post by Slaxx »

Only other person I’ll lynch today is SS.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:30 am

Post by Something_Smart »

O.o
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:33 am

Post by Slaxx »

It’s nothing personal. I still think Volxen has high scum equity but I think you do too. If people are blind on Volxen, fine, maybe I’ll be taken seriously if you flip red.

I’m also getting a heavy two-man scumteam vibe based on the macro game and how hard it is to get wagons to form.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:35 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

Is it really that hard to get wagons to form. Nobody’s really pushed for alternatives to what we already had. Sure, names have been named but nobody’s put the votes to them.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:37 am

Post by Slaxx »

48 pages with a single brief L-1, and one other L-2.

Yes

I’d say that’s difficult.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”