Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:35 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 1048, Reasonably Clever wrote:
In post 1035, Vedith wrote:
Sky Wiisp hot and me.
I’m currently null on hot but why are you so confident on Sky town?
Are you trying to role check me right now?
I claim scum \o/
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:36 am

Post by Wiisp »

In post 1007, Papyrus wrote:I don't like all this talk about lynching town. Anything less than a lynch on scum is a failure on D1.
no one is talking about lynching town, we are stating facts, and that town is lynched day 1 more often than scum... Are you scum? This was a very malicious twisting of the words that were said on the previous pages... Are you trying to sound towny, by acting all badass?
Reasonably Clever
Reasonably Clever
Goon
Reasonably Clever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:37 am

Post by Reasonably Clever »

In post 1043, Team RWBY wrote:Question goes to cerb then!

-Blake
ONLY TRYHARDING CERB DOES THIS.

I mean.

I might do it.

Lemme think, this is not-tryharding cerb so I haven't actually been like...noting shit, I'm just kinda stream of consciousnessing things as I read them.
In post 1044, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1030, Reasonably Clever wrote:pedit: I asked it to the subset of people who I know in this game/who have played with me before and can therefore judge my competence/know what me tryharding actually looks like, which includes you. :)
I don't think I've ever played with town-you, unless I'm forgetting :o

But given how you described it, and given how in the 3-ish years since I played with you my playstyle has evolved to become very similar to yours, and in my own experience tryharding leads to sadness, I'd say don't do it. Especially given who your hydra partner is, I'm sure she can do enough tryharding for the both of you :P
Aww. So kind, trying to save me from the sadness.

And also hmm. I feel like I played in a game you modded as town? And yes, I was scum against you once, in a rather rhetoric controlled game...didn't realize it's been so friggin long though. I did take a long ass mostly break from mafia though(which is still continuing now if we're going to be perfectly honest).

-Cerb

pedit: Agreed with Dannflor. Yes, *some* scum(mostly those who feel they have a meta of lurking/not being leaders as town, or those who simply aren't confident in their ability to handle having everyone's attention on them) will avoid making themselves the center of attention...but the more experienced and/or confident a scum player is, the more likely they are to just wade in.

This is purely anecdotal of course, but yeah. The most successful scum players I know are just as comfortable controlling the entire game and the conversation as they are sitting back and letting down destroy themselves....and I'm pretty sure Wiisp at least *thinks* they're good enough to do either.
Hydra of Cerberus v666 and Nancy Drew 39
Reasonably Clever
Reasonably Clever
Goon
Reasonably Clever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:38 am

In post 1047, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1046, Reasonably Clever wrote:
In post 1034, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1028, Reasonably Clever wrote:He’s making himself the centre of the thread. Scum tends to not want to draw that much attention to themselves.
Eh. No. I mean generally yes, but I don't think Wiisp's play style means this is the case esp if she's like a Flavor Leaf type player as some have suggested. I think there are other reasons to lean her town but this isn't a strong one.
Scum!Flavor plays very differently. He tunnels and I don’t think Wiisp is really doing that.
Not quite the point. It's more that you can't make the assertion Wiisp wouldn't want to draw attention to themselves when they entered the thread with "hi I am a cocky player." It's likely more of a playstyle thing
I suppose. Probably Flavor isn’t the best example, since he fooled me both times as scum. It’s kind of a gut read. I can almost always sense it, when a wolf is pushing me. I react very different to pushes that read townie to me than scummy. Like I just intuit the bad intent. I can’t really explain it better than that. It’s more of a gut thing.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:38 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1051, Wiisp wrote:Are you scum? This was a very malicious twisting of the words that were said on the previous pages... Are you trying to sound towny, by acting all badass?
Wiisp what are you expecting to get from these types of questions
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:40 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1052, Reasonably Clever wrote:And also hmm. I feel like I played in a game you modded as town? And yes, I was scum against you once, in a rather rhetoric controlled game...didn't realize it's been so friggin long though.
I don't remember you ever playing in game I modded... and yeah, that one where you were scum was like my fourth game on the site, and probably my first ever experience of a complete town implosion :P
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:41 am

Post by Wiisp »

In post 1012, Papyrus wrote:I think everyone in this game is severely underestimating what Wiisp is capable of as scum. He reminds me of someone like Flavor Leaf, who spams the thread a lot to the point where you eventually townread something he says but none of it's actually town when you look closer. I'm okay putting him aside for the moment but I disagree with everyone who townreads him.
Or you could actually analyze my posts on a macro level, and not just try to hard paint me as possible scum, just because you, "saw" this type of behavior in another game, low post count doesn't necessarily mean someone is scum, but are you arguing that a high post count does now, it's quality over quantity in both cases, if someone is spaming with non-sense, sure he can be scum trying to flood the thread, but I don't think you can ever argue that's what I am doing
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:41 am

Also that game was just "RC and Cerb let townies tunnel each other and then reap massive towncred defending them" :lol:
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Reasonably Clever
Reasonably Clever
Goon
Reasonably Clever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:42 am

In post 1050, Vedith wrote:
In post 1048, Reasonably Clever wrote:
In post 1035, Vedith wrote:
Sky Wiisp hot and me.
I’m currently null on hot but why are you so confident on Sky town?
Are you trying to role check me right now?
???

I’m asking why you are confident on Sky town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:42 am

In post 1056, Wiisp wrote:Or you could actually analyze my posts on a macro level, and not just try to hard paint me as possible scum
I mean everyone is
possible
scum...
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:43 am

Post by Wiisp »

In post 1054, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1051, Wiisp wrote:Are you scum? This was a very malicious twisting of the words that were said on the previous pages... Are you trying to sound towny, by acting all badass?
Wiisp what are you expecting to get from these types of questions
any response? I believe his overall tone in this post is scummy based on what I said... I want him to respond to my thoughts, the first question was strictly there to state that I thought it was scummy
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:44 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 1058, Reasonably Clever wrote:I’m asking why you are confident on Sky town.
It's a pain I feel in my chest. That pain is guilt when I try to put them as scum.
I can't explain right now, but I can later down the line.
I claim scum \o/
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:44 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1059, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1056, Wiisp wrote:Or you could actually analyze my posts on a macro level, and not just try to hard paint me as possible scum
I mean everyone is
possible
scum...
No I'm not
Team RWBY
Team RWBY
Goon
Team RWBY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:45 am

Post by Team RWBY »

In post 1024, Vedith wrote:
In post 1009, Papyrus wrote:This game feels mostly solved at this point. I'm guessing three to four scum in Sky, Wiisp, Vedith, Shidaji, SS, & Hot.
4 of those names are most likely town.
Don't feel too embarrassed though.
Why would he feel embarrassed for you saying you disagree on one read?

Like I get you're trying to get going on the egotistical meme train but the difference between three being scum and four being town is one read, so even for your "jokes" this was a weak post

ws
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:45 am

Post by Wiisp »

@something
Did you just nitpick a line in my post? And take it out of context on purpose, or are you just trying to be cute?
Papyrus
Papyrus
Goon
Papyrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:45 am

Post by Papyrus »

In post 1051, Wiisp wrote:
In post 1007, Papyrus wrote:I don't like all this talk about lynching town. Anything less than a lynch on scum is a failure on D1.
no one is talking about lynching town, we are stating facts, and that town is lynched day 1 more often than scum... Are you scum? This was a very malicious twisting of the words that were said on the previous pages... Are you trying to sound towny, by acting all badass?
This response feels over-the-top to me. Am I the only person thinking this?
Team RWBY
Team RWBY
Goon
Team RWBY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:46 am

Post by Team RWBY »

In post 1028, Reasonably Clever wrote:He’s making himself the centre of the thread. Scum tends to not want to draw that much attention to themselves.
said Nancy LOL

ws
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:47 am

In post 1063, Team RWBY wrote:Why would he feel embarrassed for you saying you disagree on one read?

Like I get you're trying to get going on the egotistical meme train but the difference between three being scum and four being town is one read, so even for your "jokes" this was a weak post

ws
That's an irritatingly literal way to look at it, it's not as if saying "two of these are scum" is the same as saying "Shiidaji and S_S are scum."
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:47 am

Post by Wiisp »

@clever
You can stop calling me bad town now, it's either I'm town or I'm scum
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:48 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 1063, Team RWBY wrote:Like I get you're trying to get going on the egotistical meme train but the difference between three being scum and four being town is one read, so even for your "jokes" this was a weak post
I'm sorry to not impress you here. :<
I claim scum \o/
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:48 am

In post 1068, Wiisp wrote:@clever
You can stop calling me bad town now, it's either I'm town or I'm scum
Bad town is a subset of town, what is the problem here?
Team RWBY
Team RWBY
Goon
Team RWBY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:49 am

Post by Team RWBY »

In post 1050, Vedith wrote:Are you trying to role check me right now?
I'm pretty okay with Vedith going today

-ws
Papyrus
Papyrus
Goon
Papyrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:49 am

Post by Papyrus »

I'd appreciate if Brown & RWBY talk to me about why Wiisp is town.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:49 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 1071, Team RWBY wrote:
In post 1050, Vedith wrote:Are you trying to role check me right now?
I'm pretty okay with Vedith going today

-ws
Sucks to be you then \o/
I claim scum \o/
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:50 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1065, Papyrus wrote:
In post 1051, Wiisp wrote:
This response feels over-the-top to me. Am I the only person thinking this?
Everything they say is over-the-top. I don't know that I can scum read that as a personality/style in the same way I can't town read high presence/being the center of attention

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”