Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:48 am

Post by tris »

Skitter hasn't done anything that makes me feel good about her as town that strongly. There's been little things that have possibly indicated that. But, the other games I've read or played in with her has town, she's felt more town. I would like her to be town.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:25 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 424, skitter30 wrote:ngl i don't see anything as being particularly unlikely to be faked.
Tris has expressed thoughts on the game that I have never even voiced in the thread

I would say yes, that kind of mind meld is hard to fake
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:27 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 425, skitter30 wrote:
In post 370, tris wrote:My unvote was more of a reaction to seeing that I had accidentally put Yes at L-1 without realizing it and without announcing it. I wasn't opposed to it being brought to L-1 as long as people are aware of the fact.
were you ok with lynching him at that time?
Why is this push a thing

In the past, you have been completely fine with pressuring a lurker by wagoning them while at the same time, expressed discomfort with putting the same lurker wagon a L-1. That’s the same exact thought process tris had here
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:42 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 509, Performer wrote:They're basically people I don't townread
:lol:

Hey perf!
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:43 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Why are you townreading invis @perf?
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 453, Baezu wrote:Ofrhz- do you have a reads list?
From town to scum:

Tris, Elbirn, insomnia
Enigma, GL, roster
volxen, Maria
Vizzy, skitter, yes, baezu
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 448, Enigma wrote:offerz help i dont tr skitter either
We go big or go home

VOTE: skitter
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:01 pm

Post by MariaR »

VOTE: tris
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:28 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 495, insomnia wrote:Can we just all agree YM is the best lynch for today and stop acting like we don’t believe that
In post 498, insomnia wrote:You can’t pressure a player like YM, just lynch.
Stop trying to bullshit through lynches on weak players and start trying to lynch scum

Thanks in advance
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:29 pm

Post by Elbirn »

VOTE: Skitter

I also haven't found my townread of her yet and find that worrying and I want in while it's still cool
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:47 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 480, tris wrote:skitter, why are you voting for Enigma?
bad entrance; don't like his defense of yes mafia; his reads don't really make sense to me; don't like his vote/push on insomnia
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i like mariar actually, and how she's approaching yes_mafia - indirectly by trying to read how his wagon formed instead of reading him directly

i still disagree quite a bit with her read on gl tho, and i don't really see gl/vizzy assocaitives at all really tbh

i also feel like she isn't afraid to have hot/unpopular takes (esp. tris and gl); she isn't really modulating her opinions to match with the ones that are currently popular
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:11 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 493, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 484, MariaR wrote:The other 2 reads are fence sitting town reads that he can easily flip back on when GL gets a mislynch and needs to go back on a dif vote.
this is that thing that scum frequently do where they assume that player [x] is scum first and then explain why their behavior
would make sense
if [x] were scum

unfortunately for Maria I'm not so the whole point here is invalid

also in what universe does giving reads on every player and trying to start forming a lynchpool become "posting for the sake of posting"
:squint:
i feel like there's something really wonky with this logic and i'm trying to figure out why

a) i'm not sure that this is something that i've seen scum in particular do? why do you associate doing this with scum? i feel like town scumreading people .... do the exact same thing. they think someone is scum and then explain why their actions make sense coming from scum.
like how do you distinguish between scum positing that player X is scum and then explaining how player X's actions come from scum and town believing player X is scum and then explainign how they think player X's actions come from scum?

b) like your logic is mariar posits that your scum and then explains why your actions come from scum, and your'e saying that this entire point doesn't make sense because you're not scum, and therefore it's wrong of her to push that your actions come from scum

but from her pov she doesn't know whether or not you're scum (or, at the very least, she has to say that she doesn't), so like dismissing her argument because from your pov it's invalid is kinda silly.
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:15 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 500, Invisibility wrote:is this like a call out or are you just hard pushing ym
you know how this is gonna look if he flips town
In post 501, insomnia wrote:How’s it gonna look?

I appreciate your concern buddy, but lurkers are a threat to town if kept alive, not scum ;)
honestly i think the fact that he doesn't give a fuck about how it'll look if yes mafia flips town is kinda townie
caveat being that i've never played with scum!insomnia and don't know if this is in his scumrange but in a vaccuum i think this is townie
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:26 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 509, Performer wrote:They're basically people I don't townread
ok.
i've played with town and scum you and i don't think that i've *ever* seen you play like this before; this is lightyears different from the town and scumgames that i'm familiar with.

so i'm kinda going with the assumption that this is an account meant to be a not_mafia spoof account playstyle type thing

if you're deliberately trying to cultivate a scummy playstyle most of the scummy things youv'e posted are kinda inherently nai imo

my problem is that the gimmick is kinda obfuscating your thougts and your reads and are making them hard to understand.

in my experience, townies playing on gimmick alts usually try to make themselves readable despite it, and i'm not really geting the vibe here; i more feel like your'e using the playstyle to allow yourself to pop in occasionally and post reads and make random votes without really holding yourself accountable to explain your thought process - when pressed you're declining to elaborate and people are handwaving this away as part of the playstyle/gimmick
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:27 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 512, Baezu wrote:I honestly think vizxy is scum of those three, his posts have note realty been helping town- not sure if this is his style but I’d love to see some actual content from that slot
a) lack of town motivation != scum, and it's kinda fallacious to equate the two imo
b) i think he has content, i just don't think it's very good
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:28 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 515, rosterfoster wrote:
In post 467, tris wrote:So, you think insomnia is faking this stance? I've gotten the sense that it's genuine. But, do you have meta contradicting that? If there is a scum attempting to clog the thread with theory discussion, I would think it would be Enigma.
I have this feeling that this stance is always genuine, but scum are more likely to
say
it than town.
honestly idk if scum are this brazen about it
Show
Hiatus once more.

insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:30 pm

Post by insomnia »

461 was the most recent example.
That was me saying the YM wagon is good because townies are on it. How do you take it as throwing shade on the people
attacking
me???
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:31 pm

Post by insomnia »

In post 445, rosterfoster wrote:Btw Skitter I do not ever recall having seen this type of convo with Insomnia before (Insomnia/Alts if you can point me to a time town you said the same I'll think), so I think it's beyond a disagreement over theory.

Btw one of the people who was really pushing the theory discussion (so Insomnia/Enigma/Elbirn) is scum. Scum wants that sort of thing to clutter the thread.

So I want to lynch in those three today. I've been kind of town-reading Elbirn so Insomnia or Engima.
What “type of convo”?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:35 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 516, rosterfoster wrote:I mean trying to do innocently by intenting rather than just looking for a claim. IDK probably wrong word.
ok fair enough, i misunderstood what you meant by 'sly'; i don't really giving intent (ie as opposed to covertly role-fishing, which is what i think you meant by taht) was a ploy to make him look more townie while trying to force out claims

==

didn't really view as throwing shade, more like he was reaffirming why he liked his wagon - all the people he viewed as sketchy were not on the wagon, which, to me at least, affirms that the wagon is somewhat more likely to be pushed by town

==
In post 516, rosterfoster wrote:a - kind of, ongoing stuff and also his alts make it confusing.
c - the anger was real
d - yeah I mean I am. If there was a reason for that picking up steam, it might convince me.
a) kinda trying to gague how much experience with him you have and whether i think you can make a judgement on what his playstyle is like; this wasn't a particularly useful answer but i'm not sure i can actually get anything else out of this line of questining. i still think that his 'i don't give a fuck'-ness is more likely to come from town than scum
d) idk i don't like that you're fine with lynching on either side of the insomnia/enigma argument, feels kinda fence-sitty to me tbh
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:37 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 518, rosterfoster wrote:I'm also getting bad feels from how vigorously Skitter is defending Insomnia. Possible pocketing of Insomnia actually.
no, i'm defending him because the pushes on him are bad and you should feel bad
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:39 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 476, tris wrote:Skitter has been saying a lot of stuff I agree with. She might be town.
In post 520, tris wrote:
In post 517, rosterfoster wrote:
In post 476, tris wrote:Skitter has been saying a lot of stuff I agree with. She might be town.
I think I say this stuff as scum.
You're probably right.

Pedit: Oh, interesting
In post 521, tris wrote:You know what. VOTE: skitter
In post 524, tris wrote:I completely read that wrong. I somehow read that as "I think skitter says this stuff as scum." As in skitter is capable of saying that as scum. Which I think is true.
no offense, but this progression on me is atrocious
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:44 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 526, ofrhz wrote:
In post 424, skitter30 wrote:ngl i don't see anything as being particularly unlikely to be faked.
Tris has expressed thoughts on the game that I have never even voiced in the thread

I would say yes, that kind of mind meld is hard to fake
i don't see it.
her posts are kinda just ~there~, almost like she's using them to demonstrate that she's like *present* and *posting* than to like sort people. her questions and observations are shallow and i don't think she posted anything particularly more likely to come from town than scum.

also this feels like a not svs associatives between you and tris
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:51 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 527, ofrhz wrote:
In post 425, skitter30 wrote:
In post 370, tris wrote:My unvote was more of a reaction to seeing that I had accidentally put Yes at L-1 without realizing it and without announcing it. I wasn't opposed to it being brought to L-1 as long as people are aware of the fact.
were you ok with lynching him at that time?
Why is this push a thing

In the past, you have been completely fine with pressuring a lurker by wagoning them while at the same time, expressed discomfort with putting the same lurker wagon a L-1. That’s the same exact thought process tris had here
uh i don't really wagon lurkers in general, especially not at this stage of the game, i don't see the point. unless you like suspect them of active lurking voting them doesn't really prompt them to do anythign most of the time; i don't really use my vote to pressure people to do something so much as i try to use it to push someone i think is scum

i only really settle for a lurker vote if i'm completely befuddled about the gamestate and legit have no clue where scum are, and i try to prevent this from happening as much as possible.

or i guess if it's close to deadlien and i've come to realize that my preferred wagon just isn't happening but i need a wagon to happen anyways so i might compromise on a lurker anyways even if i don't want to

at that time voting for yes mafia was just like a safe place to park a vote while other people were calling him out as being scummy; she didn't even think he was scummy herself so much as hopping on to pressure someone who's playstyle has made it pretty apparent that they won't be reacting to pressure. the vote is just kinda pointless in this context, and i think it was scummy because it felt like she was trying to keep the momentum on the wagon, but made sure to remove herself from it when it got too close to a lynch so she wouldn't like *actually* be on it when/if a lynch happened
Show
Hiatus once more.

ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:56 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Are we really going to get bogged down in semantics

Yes mafia was popping in to give little content and making questionable votes - ie yes you could call that active lurking

It wasn’t evident at the time that yes mafia would not yield to pressure. in fact, I think yes mafia has become ever so slightly more open about his reads

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”