volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:41 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 596, Baezu wrote:
In post 561, Baezu wrote:
In post 530, ofrhz wrote:
In post 453, Baezu wrote:Ofrhz- do you have a reads list?
From town to scum:

Tris, Elbirn, insomnia
Enigma, GL, roster
volxen, Maria
Vizzy, skitter, yes, baezu
Hm why are volxen and Maria pinging as scummy to you?
In post 569, volxen wrote:I'm fairly certain that all four of {GuiltyLion, Elbirn, Ofrhz, and Tris} are town.
In post 456, Baezu wrote:
In post 452, insomnia wrote:L-4 ym
I agree that YM hasn’t done much and has scummy posts, but I don’t like how fast the wagon built on him...
In post 279, light_ganski wrote:
Vote Count 1.5

Yes Mafia (5)
- volxen, Baezu, tris, insomnia, Invisibility
Invisibility (2)
- MariaR, ofrhz
tris (2)
- skitter30, Yes Mafia
Elbirn (1)
- GuiltyLion
insomnia (1)
- rosterfoster

Not Voting (2)
- Enigma, Elbirn

As there are 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

You have
(expired on 2019-04-16 23:24:30)
until the deadline.
I think there is at least one scum between volxen, tris and invisibility. Of these, which do you think is the scum?
You quoted the vote count here and said that at least one of {Volxen, Tris, Invisibility} has to be scum, so I assume you are saying this primarily because all three of us were voting for Yes_Mafia. Insomnia was also voting for Yes_Mafia here, so why was he excluded from your "at least one of these players has to be scum" list? I'm especially curious about this because you previously listed Tris and I as townreads, and yet you excluded Insomnia from this list:
In post 381, Baezu wrote:Elbirn- town town town

Enigma- yikes! Now I see what insomnia was talking about...this post is scary (among others)
In post 329, Enigma wrote:
In post 323, ofrhz wrote:Ah shit, I think Enigma might be scum :(
nahhh im not, sorry
In post 324, ofrhz wrote:
In post 302, Enigma wrote:VOTE: insomnia
here for now is good
Why?

Do you have any other scumreads?

VOTE: enigma
yes mafia (i.e. not_mafia) is lynch bait and people are voting him because of his terrible play style rather than motive in this game

insomnia
1. i dont tr him and i dislike the ym wagon
2. his hammer threat is meh ... you claim or i vote you wahh wahh is not helpful for town, especially against a player who is playing like yes mafia
3. i agree with rooster's argument on him
4. fundamentally disagree with him on the voting "mislynch bait" d1 is townie
Guilty lion- town

Insomnia- he’s a great player and I totally thought he was town...am I misreading or misinterpreting that post? I know you were trying to explain it to me but I didn’t understand the explanation...

Invisibility- again, it feels like I’m missing something...nothing she does seems particularly townie to me

Maria is one that I can usually tell right away when she’s town and I’m not getting that vibe this game...

Ofthz is town

I really don’t like this post from roster- he’s been tunneling insomnia the whole game if you look at his iso, it’s scummy
In post 251, rosterfoster wrote:
In post 220, insomnia wrote:It is town’s job to get rid of the scummiest town and it is scum’s job to get rid of the towniest.
Eh. I kind of wished that early wagon on you had stayed, but whatever. Imma just pretend the whole family emergency business didn't happen.

[vote[Insomnia[/vote]
Skitter - town

Tris- town

Volxen- town

YM - I initially put my vote on them to get some response and get them talking then the wagon formed and it felt like it might be heading towards a mislynch. They haven’t provided much content but they’re null to me at this point

;tl/dr

In no particular order

Town- {
volxen, tris
, skitter, ofrhz, Elbirn, GL}
Null- {invis, YM}
Scum - {enigma,
Maria,
roster}

Also, in that above post you listed Maria as a scumread, and then you went on to agree with Yes Mafia that she should be the #1 protective target:
In post 513, Baezu wrote:
In post 505, Yes Mafia wrote:Maria needs to be protective target #1
I agree
Have you reversed your previous scumread of Maria? If not, then why do you think she should be protected?
Yes I fully admit I’ve been flip flopping..I’m having a hard time telling who the scum are. Every slot has said scummy things and towny things...I think I need to witness more interactions and get more information
Baezu I still need you to explain why you thought it was reasonable to conclude that at least one of {Volxen, Invisbility, Tris} "has" to be scum based on the Yes_Mafia wagon alone. If you are town you don't know Yes_Mafia's alignment. If Yes_Mafia is scum, it's more likely that his wagon was all-town due to his scumbuddies not wanting to put him under that kind of pressure so early on. If he is town it's more likely his wagon had scum on it since he got up to L-1. Since town!you wouldn't know Yes_Mafia's alignment, I think it's a bit presumptuous to declare that at least one of us three "has" to be scum just because we all voted for him. Do you disagree?

It's also strange that you left Insomnia out of your Yes_Mafia wagon analysis.
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:55 pm

Post by skitter30 »

eh volxen might be town too
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:35 pm

Post by Elbirn »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Baezu

I lied I want this more
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:41 pm

Post by light_ganski »

Vote Count 1.11

skitter30 (4)
- tris, ofrhz, Enigma, GuiltyLion
tris (3)
- rosterfoster, MariaR, skitter30
Enigma (2)
- Baezu, Yes Mafia
Yes Mafia (2)
- insomnia, Invisibility
Baezu (1)
- Elbirn

Not Voting (1)
- volxen

You have
until the deadline.
Last edited by light_ganski on Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A work in progress

"The philosophers have hitherto only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point, however, is to change it".
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:14 pm

Post by rosterfoster »

VOTE: Skiier
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:32 am

Post by Enigma »

ughh sorry skitter im not convinced you are town

btw, could be convinced on a baezu wagon but thats about it
In post 599, skitter30 wrote:enigma - i feel like most of his reasons for voting me aren't entirely fair or accurate; i've been sorting him by pointing out the things that i don't like in his play, and even voted him over them; i also think it's a little bit unreasonable to ding me at this stage for not trying to find a scumteam when we don't have any flips yet; i don't even believe in day1 pre-flip associatves and try not to scumhunt that way day1
what's your current read on me now that you've been trying to sort me. any questions for me so you can sort me better?
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:40 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 593, Baezu wrote:
In post 549, ofrhz wrote:Are we really going to get bogged down in semantics

Yes mafia was popping in to give little content and making questionable votes - ie yes you could call that active lurking

It wasn’t evident at the time that yes mafia would not yield to pressure. in fact, I think yes mafia has become ever so slightly more open about his reads
So has your opinion of him changed?
I’d probably move yes up a tier
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:41 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 594, Invisibility wrote:hi gusy nevermidn i probably cant reread today because i have to mow the lawn
but tommorrow is friday!!!
also the skitter wagon is msotly that skitter isnt really being towny enough?
It’s based on meta of how I think skitter would play as town. It’s not just a pressure wagon or paranoia if that’s what you’re asking
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:44 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 595, Baezu wrote:
From town to scum:

Tris, Elbirn, insomnia
Enigma, GL, roster
volxen, Maria
They’re not really

I put people who are equally towny on the same tier and my scumreads are people who are on the lowest tier

It’s best to read this as “volxen and Maria are scummier than the people above them but townier than the people below them.” In this case, they’re lower than a lot of people because they lacked town rather than being scummy
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:47 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 602, Elbirn wrote:UNVOTE:

I lied I want this more
I don’t think a wall post readslist from skitter makes her townier

If anything, the fact that she’s at l-2 and not actively arguing with her townreads on her wagon to dismantle it is a sign that she’s not town. Skitter gets very annoyed if she gets mislynched as town and that’s not the reaction I’m seeing here
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:13 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 609, ofrhz wrote: I don’t think a wall post readslist from skitter makes her townier
Me neither

I just wanna see what happens if we wagon two scum versus each other
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:39 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 600, volxen wrote:
In post 596, Baezu wrote:
From town to scum:

Tris, Elbirn, insomnia
Enigma, GL, roster
volxen, Maria
In post 569, volxen wrote:I'm fairly certain that all four of {GuiltyLion, Elbirn, Ofrhz, and Tris} are town.
In post 456, Baezu wrote:
In post 452, insomnia wrote:L-4 ym
I agree that YM hasn’t done much and has scummy posts, but I don’t like how fast the wagon built on him...
In post 279, light_ganski wrote:
Vote Count 1.5

Yes Mafia (5)
- volxen, Baezu, tris, insomnia, Invisibility
Invisibility (2)
- MariaR, ofrhz
tris (2)
- skitter30, Yes Mafia
Elbirn (1)
- GuiltyLion
insomnia (1)
- rosterfoster

Not Voting (2)
- Enigma, Elbirn

You have
until the deadline.
I think there is at least one scum between volxen, tris and invisibility. Of these, which do you think is the scum?
You quoted the vote count here and said that at least one of {Volxen, Tris, Invisibility} has to be scum, so I assume you are saying this primarily because all three of us were voting for Yes_Mafia. Insomnia was also voting for Yes_Mafia here, so why was he excluded from your "at least one of these players has to be scum" list? I'm especially curious about this because you previously listed Tris and I as townreads, and yet you excluded Insomnia from this list:
In post 381, Baezu wrote:Elbirn- town town town

Enigma- yikes! Now I see what insomnia was talking about...this post is scary (among others)
In post 329, Enigma wrote:
In post 323, ofrhz wrote:Ah shit, I think Enigma might be scum :(
nahhh im not, sorry
In post 324, ofrhz wrote:
In post 302, Enigma wrote:VOTE: insomnia
here for now is good
Why?

Do you have any other scumreads?

yes mafia (i.e. not_mafia) is lynch bait and people are voting him because of his terrible play style rather than motive in this game

insomnia
1. i dont tr him and i dislike the ym wagon
2. his hammer threat is meh ... you claim or i vote you wahh wahh is not helpful for town, especially against a player who is playing like yes mafia
3. i agree with rooster's argument on him
4. fundamentally disagree with him on the voting "mislynch bait" d1 is townie
Guilty lion- town

Insomnia- he’s a great player and I totally thought he was town...am I misreading or misinterpreting that post? I know you were trying to explain it to me but I didn’t understand the explanation...

Invisibility- again, it feels like I’m missing something...nothing she does seems particularly townie to me

Maria is one that I can usually tell right away when she’s town and I’m not getting that vibe this game...

Ofthz is town

I really don’t like this post from roster- he’s been tunneling insomnia the whole game if you look at his iso, it’s scummy
In post 251, rosterfoster wrote:
In post 220, insomnia wrote:It is town’s job to get rid of the scummiest town and it is scum’s job to get rid of the towniest.
Eh. I kind of wished that early wagon on you had stayed, but whatever. Imma just pretend the whole family emergency business didn't happen.

[vote[Insomnia[/vote]
Skitter - town

Tris- town

Volxen- town

YM - I initially put my vote on them to get some response and get them talking then the wagon formed and it felt like it might be heading towards a mislynch. They haven’t provided much content but they’re null to me at this point

;tl/dr

In no particular order

Town- {
volxen, tris
, skitter, ofrhz, Elbirn, GL}
Null- {invis, YM}
Scum - {enigma,
Maria,
roster}

Also, in that above post you listed Maria as a scumread, and then you went on to agree with Yes Mafia that she should be the #1 protective target:
In post 513, Baezu wrote:
In post 505, Yes Mafia wrote:Maria needs to be protective target #1
I agree
Have you reversed your previous scumread of Maria? If not, then why do you think she should be protected?
Yes I fully admit I’ve been flip flopping..I’m having a hard time telling who the scum are. Every slot has said scummy things and towny things...I think I need to witness more interactions and get more information
Baezu I still need you to explain why you thought it was reasonable to conclude that at least one of {Volxen, Invisbility, Tris} "has" to be scum based on the Yes_Mafia wagon alone. If you are town you don't know Yes_Mafia's alignment. If Yes_Mafia is scum, it's more likely that his wagon was all-town due to his scumbuddies not wanting to put him under that kind of pressure so early on. If he is town it's more likely his wagon had scum on it since he got up to L-1. Since town!you wouldn't know Yes_Mafia's alignment, I think it's a bit presumptuous to declare that at least one of us three "has" to be scum just because we all voted for him. Do you disagree?

It's also strange that you left Insomnia out of your Yes_Mafia wagon analysis.
I felt the wagon on YM gained momentum way too fast which generally indicates that it is scum driven...this is what made me think that YM was probably town. The reason I left insomnia out of the analysis is because at the time of the analysis I had him as a townread.
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:41 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 605, Enigma wrote:ughh sorry skitter im not convinced you are town

btw, could be convinced on a baezu wagon but thats about it
In post 599, skitter30 wrote:enigma - i feel like most of his reasons for voting me aren't entirely fair or accurate; i've been sorting him by pointing out the things that i don't like in his play, and even voted him over them; i also think it's a little bit unreasonable to ding me at this stage for not trying to find a scumteam when we don't have any flips yet; i don't even believe in day1 pre-flip associatves and try not to scumhunt that way day1
what's your current read on me now that you've been trying to sort me.
any questions for me so you can sort me better?
This comes across as really towny to me
UNVOTE:
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:16 am

Post by insomnia »

Ok I've re-read everything until like page 17 and I've come up with this

insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:21 am

Post by insomnia »

From the active experienced player pool I feel like everyone is town, some question marks on MariaR, other than that Volx, ofrhz, gl, elbirn all feel town

could be a lazy town read on my part but the interactions people get into in rvs + wall texts makes me just automatically look at it as town trying to game solve and generate discussions

i'm trying to be objective on skitter's alignment but i just can't, her tr on me is justified, thus her defending me seems town as well. not sure why people consider she's scum. my tr on her might be influenced based on her wking me.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:22 am

Post by insomnia »

So, potential scum team would be Baezu + 1 lurker + 1 player that is in that juicy activity spot, not too low for people to get over her / him, and not too active for people to spot them.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:23 am

Post by insomnia »

In post 615, insomnia wrote:So, potential scum team would be Baezu + 1 lurker + 1 player that is in that juicy activity spot, not too low for people to question them and not too active for people to scum hunt them.
ebwop
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:32 am

Post by insomnia »

K, reading more I can see a Baezu - MariaR scum team

which makes me feel more comfortable about my town read on tris

and the one on GL

and the one on Enigma
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:36 am

Post by insomnia »

Volxen has good posts as always, if baezu flips town then he would be the next person I'd look into. He knows how to build a proper scum case and knows when to take advantage of an easy push. If Baezu is town then his actions are really scummy and therefore he's an easy scum read / push.

Given volxen's lurkiness, I tend to believe he's a really analytical person, because even though he's not that active, when he is, he goes for quality rather than quantity. You can see the amount of time and effort behind a scum read ; the lengthy thought process.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:48 am

Post by Invisibility »

hi guys
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:19 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 618, insomnia wrote:Volxen has good posts as always, if baezu flips town then he would be the next person I'd look into. He knows how to build a proper scum case and knows when to take advantage of an easy push. If Baezu is town then his actions are really scummy and therefore he's an easy scum read / push.

Given volxen's lurkiness, I tend to believe he's a really analytical person, because even though he's not that active, when he is, he goes for quality rather than quantity. You can see the amount of time and effort behind a scum read ; the lengthy thought process.
I'm really not sure what your read on volxen is after reading the above. Is he only a scumread if baezu is town? Theres nothing independently scummy about him and he's a townread otherwise?

I townread volxen I just want to poke your brain
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:22 pm

Post by Invisibility »

page 1 is page 1

page 2 insomnia sheeping much thing continues to be stupid but it was rvs so whatever.
the actually there's no reason from tris feels so weird not gonna lie
i need to start quoting sorry
In post 49, tris wrote:
In post 44, GuiltyLion wrote: there's no better way to get out of RVS than a good ol fashioned wagon
Agreed.
what a great post lol
im done with page 2 ok i dont need to nickpick or whatever just kidding its page three hdkfajdlfjkaesijadkfafsejfidsjfad ill get back to you

page
gl read on baezu is good
like i dont agree with it now we come a lot farther than that but it well rell reasoned for a page 3
In post 55, insomnia wrote:It’s bad, just like everyone’s vote

Not that I’m against it, tomorrow I can push my roster agenda when Baezu flips town OwO
@insomnia
explain why you thought that baezu was town here?
In post 56, insomnia wrote:Inno until proven guilty, there’s nothing relevant for me to join / support this wagon
also its the other way around in mafia lol

from just this page i like gl and not so much insomnia
insomnia wasnt convinced by the case, but felt the need to add more than needed in saying that everyones vote is bad
overly accusatory?
but then again it is probably a playstyle thing?
also im not and will not force myself to like insomnia because of my current reads in todayland
the whole idea is that i will glean more, not hold the same reads

more stuff to come
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Sup vizzy still rereading?
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:28 pm

Post by Enigma »

In post 609, ofrhz wrote:
In post 602, Elbirn wrote:UNVOTE:

I lied I want this more
I don’t think a wall post readslist from skitter makes her townier

If anything, the fact that she’s at l-2 and not actively arguing with her townreads on her wagon to dismantle it is a sign that she’s not town. Skitter gets very annoyed if she gets mislynched as town and that’s not the reaction I’m seeing here
agree this was pretty much the reaction i was expecting too.
--
In post 599, skitter30 wrote:idk if i particularly have it in me rn to fight this
ive seen this tone before, and thats when we wagoned her when she was scum and then it ended up dissipating and then she got her scummie afterwards ...
Spoiler: open 732
In post 1029, skitter30 wrote:i don't really have it in me rn to talk you lot out of this
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Yeet

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”