Song Contest 130 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:57 am

Post by Parama »

In to send something some people would consider music
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:30 pm

Post by Parama »

Y'all are getting doom metal this round

Right side here I come
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:43 am

Post by Parama »

I entered a joke
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:48 am

Post by Parama »

mmm I'm probably gonna hate that Mr. Bungle song bcuz i haven't ever liked anything else I've heard from them

Also Avatarium, interesting
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:04 pm

Post by Parama »

Djibouti – Even if this wasn’t a soundtrack song that’s literally just the scene from a movie nobody really cared about as far as I’m aware. It’s also annoying as hell. I couldn’t finish this.

Yemen – This is just 99% bass and percussion and that’s like, exactly the opposite of what I want to hear in any song much less an electronic tune. There’s just. There’s no tune here.

Hungary – Oh hey an actual song that actually sounds like something worth listening to. It’s got decent swell, he’s a decent singer, there’s some weird diversions that this takes for no discernable reason but that’s a minor gripe, I liked this even if I don’t feel it’s particularly striking. (DECENT)

Egypt – Uhh. This is fine to listen to I guess, I’m not huge on her voice and the song doesn’t really do anything particularly interesting but it’s pleasant enough. (AVERAGE)

Slovenia – Oh what the hell is this. So I don’t like the use of electronic elements here at all, surprise. But then if you took those away you’d have a really bland metal song. So it’s kind of a lose/lose situation. This isn’t unlistenable but I don’t really want to listen to it again. (MEDIOCRE)

South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands – Wasn’t so sure about this at first but, y’know, it’s got a nice groove to it and it’s got some decent feels to it as well, I ended up liking this a fair bit. (DECENT)

South Korea – This is a soundtrack ballad and I’m sure it’s a lot more meaningful in context, which I don’t have at all. But I mean, saying that, Lady Gaga has always been a good singer and this is a nice enough ballad on its own, wasn’t crazy for it but I enjoyed it. (DECENT)

Bhutan – I dunno, I’m really tired at the moment and this sounds pretty dang nice at the moment, it’s kind of just a solid indie rock type ordeal but whatever it’s doing it’s doing really well. (GOOD)

USA – This sure is some pretty solid post-hardcore, alright. Doesn’t really inspire me to check ‘em out further though, it’s a bit generic for the genre. (DECENT)

first few had me worried this contest was gonna suck but it got better
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #25 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:37 am

Post by Parama »

Greece – One of those cases where, yeah, this song is pretty nice, but also kind of featureless. She’s a pretty decent singer, I guess? (DECENT)

Venezuela – Hmm this is… interesting, but in the way that it takes forever to get going and also has a fake ending so the meat of the song feels really short… the meat of the song is okay enough but I don’t love it either. Maybe will do more for me on relisten. (DECENT)

Liechtenstein – Way too sugary and sweet for my tastes. Doesn’t really actively sound bad but there is absolutely no appeal to this for me. (MEDIOCRE)

Latvia – Eehh. This is super generic metalcore. They occasionally hit upon a decent riff but it feels kind of accidental when they do, and the vocals don’t really have any appeal whatsoever for me. (AVERAGE)

Greenland – I dislike Mr. Bungle on the premise that they tend to be experimentation and weirdness without any real… purpose. They sound weird for the sake of it. This song at least has a grounded center to it, so it’s got that over some other songs I’ve heard, but it doesn’t really sound “fun” enough to work for me. (AVERAGE)

Sweden – This is a band I’ve been aware of for a while (pretty sure I even listened through one of their albums at some point) but their vocals don’t quite do it for me and the metal isn’t really… intense in the way I like. This is still pretty dang solid regardless, it’s just not something I see myself being into a full album of. You should check out Feast For Water by Messa if you like these guys though, some similar vibes coming off this as that album. (DECENT)

Poland – Solid groove, okay instrumentation, I don’t really -mind- this one but it just doesn’t do anything for me other than sound alright. (AVERAGE)

Peru – Ahh, no, I absolutely can’t with these vocals. No way.

Iceland – This entire album is doom metal working for me in a way it hasn’t really before and this is probably the highlight, just a crushing, intense monolith of a song. Legit my only complaint about it is that the ending feels a tiny bit dragged out, or like, too quiet and also too dragged out, but I mean, that’s a nitpick.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:46 am

Post by Parama »

In post 27, xyzzy wrote:has Parama ever liked any song I've submitted? I'm pretty sure the answer is no
In post 28, Xtoxm wrote:dont worry, he never liked any of mine either
i have no clue which ones are either of yours!

@Tammy try sending the kind of crap these guys apparently send
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:28 am

Post by Parama »

that is not a small group, tbh
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:27 am

Post by Parama »

i like many cute things, but music is not one of them
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:55 pm

Post by Parama »

In post 51, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 34, Parama wrote:Iceland – Just my favorite song from my favorite game of the year so far. Excellent game, excellent tune. Enough said.
In post 80, Parama wrote:Iceland – I love pretty much everything about this song, the slow & chill intro (that guitar tone GOSH), and especially the entire second half just jamming on that one groove. Such a great groove, the drums are friggin’ excellent. Ends way too soon if you ask me but it’s the kind of thing I’d be okay with just having loop forever.
In post 178, Parama wrote:Iceland – Honestly this is probably the album I’ve listened to the most in the past year or so. It’s just. So refreshing & interesting. Just friggin’ excellent synergy between guitar, bass, and drums, and they basically just write cool jams in nonstandard keys. The production is great too, that bass sounds legitimately sexy. I don’t think any one particular song on this album is a real standout but this is my favorite by a slim margin.
The 3 most recent, though I had to go back to contest 107 to get them.

As an interesting note, who TF is Iceland!?!?!? Because Dayum!
i'm iceland lol
i don't give scores to my own songs i just comment on why i sent it

anyways it was only like 2-3 contests ago where i said that all my top 3 were pretty dang good & i checked out the albums for all of them
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:33 am

Post by Parama »

@ ari I do second listens to most songs and sometimes my opinions change
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:35 pm

Post by Parama »

fair maiden, why does thou rabble?
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:13 am

Post by Parama »

That's about all the points I'm getting this time, I expect
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:38 am

Post by Parama »

Honestly surprised I'm doing so well even with how much I do love the song I sent
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:02 am

Post by Parama »

Fair enough really
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Return to “General Discussion”