Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #167 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:13 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I have no investment in who wins this argument but this post seems over the top (and not just because Mastina doesn't deserve this insult no matter how much you disagree with her - also because suicide isn't funny). Maybe take a few deep breaths and find another outlet for the bitterness you've said you're still harboring; it is not Mastina's fault that nobody nominated you in a previous year, as frustrating as that experience must have been.

On another note, I love that this thread is encouraging too many nominations over too few. I have had times where I wasn't sure if I should nom something or not, because I wasn't sure if it was "good enough". Instead this year I'll be on the lookout for anything that could be nommed, and let judges decide re:good enough.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:04 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Whatever man, I guess I can't stop you from being unapologetically classless about suicide in a public thread, it's your reputation.

I hope this conversation brings you the emotional resolution you're looking for. elephant out~
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:40 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 171, Taly wrote:so like harmless slightly off-topic suggestion

could we perhaps have a hydra category in the future?

it sounds plausible to work toward that since hydra-exclusive games have become more visible, and that some mods are starting to have more creative policy's around the number of hydra's in a game from what ive noticed.

i think the scummies executed a well and great variety of awards this year, but i think this could be a nice addition.

just imo gonna fade bye ily all
I think I like the idea of a hydra scummy. Not sure there should be a whole category, but something like "best and/or most entertaining performance by a hydra in a single game" could be cool
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:35 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

[header=5]Mad Scientist[/header]
[row][cell]6/19/2019[/cell][cell]Irrelephant11[/cell][cell]northsidegal[/cell][cell]Micro 864 | The Newsroom[/cell][cell]northsidegal created a unique role for Newsroom: Town Public Surveyor. This role allowed a player (in this case, skygazer) to recruit a single player from outside the game (in this case, the worst) to make a private thread with, for the purpose of helping to solve the game. In a game full of pts and "interviews", this fit the flavor amazingly well. But even more importantly, it was a brand new role (as far as I know) that was tons of fun for skygazer, and added something really new to the game of mafia. In a time where "players who aren't in the game can post in the game" is having something of a moment, this role seemed like an elegant and balanced way to have that sort of fun. Nice work, nsg :][/cell][/row]

[header=5]Master Strategist[/header]
[row][cell]6/19/2019[/cell][cell]Irrelephant11[/cell][cell]insomnia[/cell][cell]Greatest Idea VIII[/cell][cell]In a Greatest Idea game where town's loss seemed inevitable (FOUR TOWN DEATHS NIGHT 1???), and the only question in the dead thread was "which scumteam will win?" (among two 2-man scumteams, a small cult, and two serial killers), insomnia changed everything in lategame. As town psychiatrist, he correctly identified and targeted both serial killers, converting them both to townies on N3 and N4, winning the game for town on N4. Though I tried my best to get him to target me (a werewolf), I failed, and instead of a continued town slaughter, the game ended abruptly when the last serial killer shot me and converted to town all at once. Nice aim, insomnia :][/cell][/row]
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:19 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 341, schadd_ wrote:me drinking the well water after the post sleepykrew just made: hmm... tastes like prion disease.... [dies]
u read the Washington post too huh
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:21 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Goodfellas
6/29/19
Irrelephant11
nomnomnom
---
Chito and Nuko (Krazy + singletonking)
Like other Mystery Box of Silver games by Schadd, this setup required scum to gift night actions to members of the town. In this case, scum had to create 1 private topic for two players during each of the first three nights, the members of which would gain access to a 1-shot power role. Only one PT could include scum, which, though this information was hidden from town, had the effect of semi-clearing the townies who claimed they had been in the PTs each night. To counter this effect, the scum team created a stellar fake claim regarding a fourth PT that included them both. This, combined with nomnomnom's confident scum play and both team members' strong bussing play, allowed nomnomnom to win a 1v1 against mastina to win - which is no small feat in itself!

[I recognize the next two nominations are unfinished but I have to get offline and don't want to delete all the formatting that I got right this time]

Kodak Moment
6/29/19
Irrelephant11
nomnomnom
-insert your description here-

Award Name
6/29/19
Irrelephant11
Schadd
-insert your description here-
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:23 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 350, Irrelephant11 wrote:
Goodfellas
6/29/19
Irrelephant11
nomnomnom
---
Chito and Nuko (Krazy + singletonking)
Like other Mystery Box of Silver games by Schadd, this setup required scum to gift night actions to members of the town. In this case, scum had to create 1 private topic for two players during each of the first three nights, the members of which would gain access to a 1-shot power role. Only one PT could include scum, which, though this information was hidden from town, had the effect of semi-clearing the townies who claimed they had been in the PTs each night. To counter this effect, the scum team created a stellar fake claim regarding a fourth PT that included them both. This, combined with nomnomnom's confident scum play and both team members' strong bussing play, allowed nomnomnom to win a 1v1 against mastina to win - which is no small feat in itself!

Kodak Moment
6/29/19
Irrelephant11
nomnomnom
Like other Mystery Box of Silver games by Schadd, this setup required scum to gift night actions to members of the town. In this case, scum had to create 1 private topic for two players during each of the first three nights, the members of which would gain access to a 1-shot power role. Only one PT could include scum, which, though this information was hidden from town, had the effect of semi-clearing the townies who claimed they had been in the PTs each night. As the town's PoE tightened around nomnomnom and her scummate, she thought of a stellar fake claim: that the two scum had been in a PT together, and that the PT revealed information about the setup to nomnomnom. When nomnomnom revealed this "setup information" to the town, town lost any grasp of setup spec. For every piece of information town had regarding the setup, it seemed nomnomnom had a "countering piece of information" which swung multiple players' reads in the wrong direction. Though nomnomnom made a nightkill on the last night which actually hurt her chances to win lylo, the lylo conftown could not wade through the fake information and setup expectations to see nomnomnom for her true alignment. Impressive creativity, nomnomnom :!:

Rube Goldberg
6/29/19
Irrelephant11
Schadd
Schadd is already known for his creativity in setups, and this one is no exception. The setup as seen in the dead thread can speak for itself in a lot of ways, but a summary of some of my favorite things:

-Scum were forced to help town by giving them power, but had a lot of room to use this in a WIFOM-y fashion (Mystery Box of Silver(tm) theme song plays )
-Though the use of private topics semi-cleared townies who were a part of one, the mysterious aspect of a 1-on-1 private topic made everything that went on inside the PTs suspect
-Expectations, as per usual for Schadd, were upended in e.g. the informed-to-town macho modifier on a Mafioso in a game without doctors, which gave the informed townie false expectations
-At the same time, town were right to assume two scum could never share a private topic, and assumptions like these accurately helped town's PoE before scum fakeclaimed.

Ultimately I love that this setup encouraged all players to expect the unexpected, and though a lot happened each night, the only way either alignment could reasonably win was through strong dayplay. The best team won (and it was a blast to spectate, which doesn't hurt).

Return to “2019 Scummies and Mashies”