He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:56 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

VOTE: Something_Smart
I concur.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:19 pm

:thonk:
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #43 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:46 am

I assume he's talking about this, where I selfvoted as scum. I don't know what he's referring to with the second part though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #44 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:53 am

Why are you drawing a connection between selfvoting and avoiding pressure?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #46 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:07 am

In post 45, Umlaut wrote:S_S and Fuscosco are obviously not scum together. Likewise S_S and HitAlt.
That's a bold move, Cotton.

Can you show your work?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #53 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:29 am

In post 48, HitAlt wrote:I somehow missed your selfvote-post, but I also don't really think you'd be "afraid" to vote where ever, so I don't think the two self-votes are necessarily alike.
Well, yes, you are correct in that. I don't think I've ever used something like that as a defense mechanism, even when I was new.

I don't know why Fuscosco selfvoted, but I wouldn't have guessed that this would be why.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #55 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:36 am

In post 49, HitAlt wrote:Btw, I have seen Something_Smart both as scum and as town before, and I have to admit that I can not read their tone correctly. Ever.
I suspect you're looking in the wrong places then, I'm very easy to read if you know what you're looking for.

Tone is not exactly right though, it's more like how meaningful and useful my content is. I have a hard time faking that as scum.

Have you played with town-me other than Sharing is Caring? I was pretty busy during that game and I didn't play very well.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #60 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:29 am

In post 58, HitAlt wrote:I'd say multiple times.
I'm pisspoor at alt guessing but now my curiosity is piqued :roll:

Though I don't think it would necessarily help me read you as I think I read you pretty well in that game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #67 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:56 am

Creature opened the game as town in a way that he previously opened a game as scum. I also opened the game in a way that I previously opened a game as scum. The ways weren't the same. It's an extremely specific comparison.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #68 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:57 am

I didn't get townread for it in BTE, though. (And that's not the first time I've done it, either.)

I think the bottom line of this is it's something I'd do as either alignment.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #70 (isolation #10) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:06 am

Just realized that I accidentally copied Alchemist's meme lul.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #71 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:07 am

I am definitely not on top of my game today :oops:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #73 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:10 am

Hey Alchemist can you talk about why you liked ? I'm not sure how I feel about it.
Do you think it's towny, or do you think it's sound, or both?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #75 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:12 am

In post 74, Fuscosco wrote:I feel like this selfvote talk is filler.

rather, this talk about S_Ss meta of voting is. please stop talking about creature as well, unless he is an alt of a person here
What would you rather we talk about?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #77 (isolation #14) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:16 am

...And, you selfvoted. Did you not want people to talk about it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #78 (isolation #15) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:16 am

Ohai Dann. Sorry for stealing your pagetop :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #82 (isolation #16) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:34 am

Do I ever!
Interestingly, someone selfvoted to copy me in that game as well, and they were scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #86 (isolation #17) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:24 am

Did you understand ?

I still have no idea what it means.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #88 (isolation #18) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:34 am

Maybe I showed up as online for some reason but that post came at 3 am for me and I sure as hell wasn't awake.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #97 (isolation #19) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:36 am

Fuscosco can you answer my questions in and ?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #115 (isolation #20) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:46 am

I wasn't even in that game at the beginning, what are you talking about?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #123 (isolation #21) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:27 pm

In post 122, HitAlt wrote:
In post 111, Baezu wrote:Fine with me guys, as is always my luck I come across scummy af when I’m town and vice verse...
Doesn't feel genuine.
Why not? Do you think it isn't true?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #139 (isolation #22) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:44 pm

In post 137, Vorkuta wrote:Are you conf!town yet? Or will it take like 5 more posts until you reach that conclusion?
He's been confscum since :lol:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #191 (isolation #23) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:16 am

In post 169, Ausuka wrote:{rce, hitalt, ss}
{alchemist, fuscosco}
{cbynumber, Flavor leaf, umlaut}
{vorkuta}
{baezu, siv36}
This is, like, startlingly close to sorting by postcount.

Also I like the way cbynumber plays but I don't know if that's alignment indicative yet.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #223 (isolation #24) » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:38 pm

In post 222, Baezu wrote:SomethingSmart has literally no meaningful content. Seriously dude, can you make a meaningful contribution to this game?
Patience, young Padawan.

Anything in particular you want my opinion on?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #245 (isolation #25) » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:58 pm

In post 241, Slaxx wrote:Yea that “ausuka is playing scum well” shit is ugly. It sets a bar for other people where if ausuka plays Townie she’s mafia and can’t win either way.
Is this an angle scum frequently take?

From my experience this sounds like something townies get accused of more often than something scum do intentionally.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #273 (isolation #26) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:22 am

In post 272, Umlaut wrote:Don't know why everyone's giving me free townreads when I haven't actually done anything.
Have you done anything that's town indicative for you?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #276 (isolation #27) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:29 am

Depends. Most towntells involve thoughts rather than mere words, and everyone has a different level of skill at emulating those thoughts as scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #277 (isolation #28) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:31 am

In post 275, Fuscosco wrote:Actually wow, what a softball Q.
Which one?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #279 (isolation #29) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:12 am

I have no issue with refusing to townread someone with only a few posts, but the bigger problem was that you seemed to be refusing to scumread anyone with a lot of posts.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #284 (isolation #30) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:33 am

In post 281, Ausuka wrote:Pedit: Why should I have scumread any of them?
Well, you scumread some people, so it'd be quite the coincidence if your townreads on the higher posters had nothing to do with their activity.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #288 (isolation #31) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:50 am

In post 280, RCEnigma wrote:I do! Particularly on Siv/Baezu.
Siv's posting was classic analytic newb posting, I doubt it was out of his range as either alignment.
Baezu's style is hard for me to read. The bit about getting scumread as town is likely genuine but she'd be able to fake that if it happens all the time. gives me shivers.
Baezu's readflips.
Unexplained abrupt readflips are usually town. Nothing really remarkable about hers, it's possible she just forgot her previous reads.
Their mutual scumreads on each other without much action.
Okay? A lot of people have scumreads and don't act on them.
How do you feel about cbynumbers posting?
I like his inquisitive style. A style like that is more often town than not. Reminds me of lilith who was before your time but some other people might remember her and see what I mean.
Fuscosco's recent posts.
Recent posts in particular? They don't really have any content.
What does Umlauts apprehensive approach to being consensus read say to you?
It feels hollow and possibly fake. Waiting on his response to though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #291 (isolation #32) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:57 am

Okay Ausuka I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because I don't think I've ever read you right in the past. I will ignore my gut pings from your posts and call you town for that 2 scum speculation :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #299 (isolation #33) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:15 am

In post 294, Baezu wrote:If she were scum, she'd know exactly how many scum there were!
And then she wouldn't have to speculate about it :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #301 (isolation #34) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:40 am

Okay that kind of shit helps nobody so please knock it off.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #334 (isolation #35) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:04 am

Hmmm.

My reads are as easy as ABC :P

Ausuka, Baezu, cbynumber
everyone else
HitAlt
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #336 (isolation #36) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:33 am

Is that because of the replace out?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #351 (isolation #37) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:19 am

In post 348, Fuscosco wrote:
In post 112, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 111, Baezu wrote:as is always my luck I come across scummy af when I’m town and vice verse
This type of AtE always pokes at me, and seeing as I have nothing else to go on but arbitrary scum points:
VOTE: Baezu
This sort of post is an AtE disguised as a post with content.
I don't follow. Isn't it just a gut read?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #369 (isolation #38) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:14 pm

In post 367, Fuscosco wrote:9:2:2 works, but I just checked and this is a 12player. Do you think its reasonable to assume 8:2:2 or that its town to not know the gamestate?
I don't think multiball is allowed in mini normals anymore
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #372 (isolation #39) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:16 pm

In post 370, Fuscosco wrote:Ausuka's style of posting should be the focal point of a read on them, not some setup spec. Is the fact that they are speccing town? Im asking whoever.
The fact of doing setup spec is maybe slightly towny, but player dependent. The way someone does setup spec can be towny, however.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #401 (isolation #40) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:29 pm

In post 391, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 389, Alchemist21 wrote:Why do you think you made Siv leave? The replace-out seemed pretty random to me.
You didn't read it as tactical? That...surprises me actually.
It's nice to assume other people aren't breaking the rules...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #403 (isolation #41) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:32 pm

In post 398, Flavor Leaf wrote:@Fuo - I’m known as an extremely strong scum player who hasn’t lost a game in a year and a half
*checks end date of mini 2005*

*thonks*
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #408 (isolation #42) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:42 pm

In post 405, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 403, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 398, Flavor Leaf wrote:@Fuo - I’m known as an extremely strong scum player who hasn’t lost a game in a year and a half
*checks end date of mini 2005*

*thonks*
Did I lose a scum game...? I don’t remember losing one since Magical Stories.
Yeah, it was 2IAM's game about a year ago. You were scum on Morality (this was actually when I learned Morality was you) with Kokichi and Maria, and Dunn and the worst used their PR's really well and kinda rolled you :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #418 (isolation #43) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:13 am

In post 413, Vorkuta wrote:*pokes thread with stick*

Guys I'm slightly scared that we'll end up with a deadline lynch at this rate of activity.
There hasn't really been a wagon on anyone but Baezu so far
and S_Smart RVS stage
Do you have an issue with the Baezu wagon?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #439 (isolation #44) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:54 am

In post 437, Slaxx wrote:I like Auks two scum spec a lot less now that it’s actually more possible there’s only two scum.
Well no, because had there been 13 players it would have been obviously bullshit but now it's actually a reasonable thing to think about.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #452 (isolation #45) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:20 am

We don't know if it matters. Usually confirmation numbers are (number of players - number of scum + 1)/(number of players) to ensure that at least one scum has confirmed before the game starts (i.e. 10:3 is 11/13, 7:2 is 8/9). If that were the rule followed here, then it would make the game 10:2.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #453 (isolation #46) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:21 am

@mod Vorkuta is listed as having two votes but only one person is voting them
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #456 (isolation #47) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:39 am

I mean... it is site meta :P there isn't really a particular reason it needs to work that way. It's just a convenient number that makes sure that most people are ready to play while allowing for a certain fraction of people to lurk out without holding everyone else up.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #459 (isolation #48) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:13 pm

Lol. Never felt like taking it off.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #460 (isolation #49) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:14 pm

Oh I too remembered how to read

@mod you still have SIV36 in the VC even though he's gone
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #463 (isolation #50) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:15 pm

In post 461, Slaxx wrote:
In post 459, Something_Smart wrote:Lol. Never felt like taking it off.
Why?
...Because I don't scumread anyone heavily enough to vote yet?

I am in agreement with the desire for a counterwagon to Baezu. But... I don't really have any ideas.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #466 (isolation #51) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:17 pm

Oh. Um.

I really hope that wasn't a slip.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #488 (isolation #52) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:34 pm

In post 485, Vorkuta wrote:Is it bad that I can see an RCE/FL scum pair? (+1 if setup?)
It's bad that you guys keep doing preflip associatives
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #492 (isolation #53) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:38 pm

In post 489, Slaxx wrote:Would you vote FL?
He hasn't really done anything yet. So, probably not.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #496 (isolation #54) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:41 pm

In post 495, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 488, Something_Smart wrote:It's bad that you guys keep doing preflip associatives
I'm trying to spot scum theater as it's what I fell victim to in my recent games.
Well spot it after you have that sweet sweet redflip. Preflip associatives are a great way to convince yourself that someone is scum without a good reason.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #518 (isolation #55) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:06 pm

I can catch Boon but he doesn't really have to be that afraid of me because I am awful at getting people to listen to me :lol:

I fakeclaimed a goddamn guilty on him and it didn't even help :?

Also yay I hope you get the part!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #555 (isolation #56) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:13 pm

Actually I think plane is right because it's a geometry reference
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #569 (isolation #57) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:41 am

Oh I thought stalling was supposed to be a plane pun :lol:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #570 (isolation #58) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:43 am

Well, Baezu, be the change you wish to see in the world. What do you want to talk about?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #577 (isolation #59) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:00 am

In post 572, Baezu wrote:How about the fact that we haven’t heard a peep from cbynumbers replacement
I mean, there really isn't much to say about it. It's not like this is a situation where scum-volxen would have some motivation to avoid posting... I hope we hear from him soon.

Anything else?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #580 (isolation #60) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:18 am

Well, the fact that the gamestate hasn't changed in a few days does not surprise me, because the game has slowed down considerably.

But a counterwagon would be preferable, yes.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #582 (isolation #61) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:44 am

If I had really any idea, I'd probably be voting someone other than myself...

I don't usually scumhunt much early, especially on D1.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #591 (isolation #62) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:14 am

In post 586, Ausuka wrote:
In post 449, Vorkuta wrote:yet no one is coming up with an equally good counter wagon that I can get behind.
Why haven't you begun one then? If you don't have reads, couldn't you try to ISO-dive people and see if you can get reads out of that? At least can you tell me why is wrong? Same sentiment to SS.
Weirdness, things that make no sense, and excessive confidence are towntells. Trying to blend in can be characteristic of a new-ish (or in this case coming back after a long hiatus) player. The stuff that you said was posturing could just be impulsiveness.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #593 (isolation #63) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:21 am

In post 592, Ausuka wrote:pedit: meh I don't think I'm going to see eye to eye with you about this in any way.
It's not the first time,and it probably won't be the last :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #594 (isolation #64) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:22 am

Imagine that was punctuated properly.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #595 (isolation #65) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:23 am

Wow, where did Umlaut go?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #598 (isolation #66) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:33 am

In post 597, Baezu wrote:And I totally agree with your - I think scum is doing a phenomenal job this game
The game just started... if any scum were caught by now it'd be because they're playing badly (or the town is playing exceptionally well).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #609 (isolation #67) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:40 am

Ausuka is town here unless she's bussing imo
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #611 (isolation #68) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:43 am

In post 610, Vorkuta wrote:Like- I would be looking for COMPLETELY different things depending on whether there are 2 or 3 scum.
I would not, and I think you doing so is based on a mistaken belief that you can predict how scum will act in a given situation.

The only reasons knowing the the ratio is relevant are (1) evaluating potential townslips and (2) judging the balance after massclaim.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #616 (isolation #69) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:13 am

In post 614, Slaxx wrote:I doubt I go anywhere tonight but if I do SS needs to be kept on the radar.
What's this supposed to mean
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #817 (isolation #70) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:08 am

Third party isn't possible.

Low-powered 10:2 is possible, albeit unlikely.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #820 (isolation #71) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:54 am

It could become relevant, i.e. if we lynch a mafia rolecop we know they were able to communicate their result before they died.

It also could matter in LYLO, because we know scum are able to coordinate a quickhammer.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #833 (isolation #72) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:04 am

I mean nobody should believe it's 10:2 regardless unless they're informed about it, we don't know.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #835 (isolation #73) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:09 am

Ngl my head's been out of this game for the last few days

I will need to remind myself.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #838 (isolation #74) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:12 am

I actually don't think they've changed at all since the last time I was asked :z
In post 334, Something_Smart wrote:Hmmm.

My reads are as easy as ABC :P

Ausuka, Baezu, cbynumber
everyone else
HitAlt
I guess Vedith can also be in the top tier but I think that's because I always townread Vedith \o/
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #839 (isolation #75) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:12 am

Cbynumber's volxen now ftr.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #841 (isolation #76) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:13 am

Lmao is that STILL on? :lol:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #842 (isolation #77) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:14 am

UNVOTE: lol

I kept telling myself I'd take it off later lul
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #846 (isolation #78) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:20 am

I'll have to do some reading and get back to you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #904 (isolation #79) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:13 pm

Cbynumber did feel pretty genuine though. And I don't think doing nothing is really scum indicative...?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #907 (isolation #80) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:39 pm

Lmao shots fired sir.

Nevertheless, I resent having my activity compared to that of volxen's slot.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #931 (isolation #81) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:18 am

How confident are you on Alch?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #932 (isolation #82) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:19 am

Slaxx can be town too btw.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #941 (isolation #83) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:38 am

VOTE: HitAlt

Can't believe I'm doing meta on an alt lol. Just doesn't feel nearly as genuine as last game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #944 (isolation #84) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:44 am

In post 942, Vorkuta wrote:So I'm going to request a meta read from others about S_Smart- is he always this... "meh" about things at D1?
The S_Smart I played previously with was kinda cool. This S_Smart feels too go with the flow and disengaged. Is this purely a D1 thing, or a scum!Smart thing?
It's very situational. I had a clear direction that game and knew exactly what I wanted to do.

Here, I'm a lot more out of it, both because it's D1 and because I haven't really gotten as engaged in the game as I'd have liked. I bet it will change later on once I do have some idea of a direction :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1135 (isolation #85) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:48 am

I'm alive o/

Did anyone want anything from me?

I'm really sorry I'm so disengaged this game btw. I really do think it will get better once we get out of D1 and we actually have some flips.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1146 (isolation #86) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:46 am

In post 1137, volxen wrote:What are your thoughts on my slot?
I still think it's > rand town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1148 (isolation #87) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:48 am

In post 1127, Fuscosco wrote:Use code words to communicate. Idk, what if you picked some theme or question to ask as a signal . . ? Like say 'cologne' as a code?
This could be town
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1153 (isolation #88) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:51 am

In post 1149, Vedith wrote:Ausuka probably scum regardless of flip after that post. "Town has been self descructing all day" seems to come from a scum mind set knowing who town is.
idk about this... it's possible for a townie to observe the trajectory of a faction as a whole, not with perfect accuracy, but enough to make broad statements such as that.

For instance, I think that scum are indifferent to whether volxen is lynched, which would imply that he's town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1194 (isolation #89) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:26 am

I would be willing to wagon almost anyone other than volxen. If one forms I'll likely join it. I don't feel volxen is scum here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1196 (isolation #90) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:30 am

O.o
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1202 (isolation #91) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:42 am

VOTE: Vorkuta

Wanna make another wagon happen?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1226 (isolation #92) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:50 am

Even though we started on evens?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1231 (isolation #93) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:53 am

Yes and it's bad to be on evens so...?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1237 (isolation #94) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:01 am

Well I'm not saying lynching on evens is bad, I'm only saying that no-lynching on evens isn't necessarily bad either.

That said I feel like people are going to continue pushing volxen until he's dead so we might not gain much by avoiding his lynch :/
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1245 (isolation #95) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:19 am

Back the hell up, what makes you so confident there's a vig?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1248 (isolation #96) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:22 am

Volxen's was pretty obviously hypothetical, that didn't sound like it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1255 (isolation #97) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:37 am

Okay no, and full disclosure it's because I'm afraid you're a vig and just slipped your role. Don't confirm or deny that obviously.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1259 (isolation #98) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:07 am

I just wanted to form a wagon that wasn't on a townread
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1263 (isolation #99) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:20 am

In post 1261, Vorkuta wrote:@SS
-explain
-do you think it can go through today?
-do you have other "not-town" reads?
-no u
I have nothing to lose by trying it. Worst case we don't get support and just hammer volxen.

I don't really have any scumreads, it would literally just be anyone other than the people I townread (Ausuka, Baezu, volxen, Slaxx).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1265 (isolation #100) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:47 am

In post 1264, HitAlt wrote:Getting an actual scumflip also feels very likely to me
Really? This doesn't feel like a D1 bussing gamestate to me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1318 (isolation #101) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:06 am

>.<
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1332 (isolation #102) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:03 am

What is that timer even for
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1335 (isolation #103) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:08 am

In post 1334, Vedith wrote:Until your birthday, SS \o/
(expired on 2019-12-19 01:00:00) :(
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2417 (isolation #104) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:55 am

FL and Ausuka you guys did awesome. I played badly but I knew that would happen from the moment I rolled vig... I'm a townhunter not a scumhunter and having the responsibility of killing my strongest scumreads is terrifying... I've rolled vig, like, four times? and have yet to kill scum. :facepalm:

FL is by far the superior vig, and dammit we were finally town together and I had to roll my least favorite PR! :mad:
I hope this broke the curse though and we can start to roll town together more :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2425 (isolation #105) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:07 pm

Lol. Reading the scum PT it looks like my strategy of "be useless and keep promising content on future days so that scum will leave me alive" backfired because Vorkuta was scared of when I actually started participating :P

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”