ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:33 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 49, bob3141 wrote:VOTE: Unvote
Hey, Bob. What do you think about stuff?
#greenshirtthursdays
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:34 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 45, skitter30 wrote:
In post 43, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 39, skitter30 wrote:i think i can sort urap fairly easily which is why i put my rvs vote there
orly
ok, do you think i'm being overconfident? lying about my ability to read you? something else?
I think you read me correctly in both of our games, but in the second one you reversed and lynched my replacement, ya?

but I was really just puffing my chest a little ;P

I'm excited to play with you again!
103-11 0-2
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:39 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I like Deli deciding not to further engage Skitter. I think attempting to create a theory or policy debate there is more likely to come from town than scum. Scum are more likely to want to cast suspicion on Skitter and/or anyone who shares her same sentiments on voting there.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:44 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 42, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 36, Inferno390 wrote:VOTE: Exilon
I’m off-put by the tone here. Seems weird.
Skitter feels pushy
Sash feels reachy
Egix is NAI I think
egix partner
@urap is this a serious read?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:45 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 49, bob3141 wrote:VOTE: Unvote
hey bob!
nice to meet you!

how much mafia experience do you have, may i ask?
why'd you unvote here?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:49 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 52, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 45, skitter30 wrote:
In post 43, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 39, skitter30 wrote:i think i can sort urap fairly easily which is why i put my rvs vote there
orly
ok, do you think i'm being overconfident? lying about my ability to read you? something else?
I think you read me correctly in both of our games, but in the second one you reversed and lynched my replacement, ya?

but I was really just puffing my chest a little ;P

I'm excited to play with you again!
excited to play with you too!

(i maintained that your slot was town throughout that whole game (and got flak for it!), got spooked off your slot's lynch about four times, and only ended up voting there as a compromise to make a lynch happen)
Show
Hiatus once more.

Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:50 am

Post by Exilon »

In post 31, Ausuka wrote:
In post 18, skitter30 wrote:
In post 15, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: ruirui
This is the kind of rvs post i can see scum making ^^^^

(i'm not explicitly calling her scum for this rn, but noting that it comes from scum more than town imo)
VOTE: skitter

it's literally just a naked vote and my standard entrance. why are you not explicitly calling me scum for it? if you think it comes from scum more than town, and the average player has a 1/4 chance to be scum, that's great odds on page 1. it feels as if you're afraid of entering a confrotantion so early more than anything else.
Feels like poor reasoning and a bit forced in order to justify a vote on skitter.
The question here seems unnecessary and loaded (assumes Skitter finds Ausuka scummy, which is incorrect), especially considering that skitter's own bolded words invalidate that same question.

This is what stood out to me the most so far.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Ausuka
Feels like I've been here before.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:54 am

Post by bob3141 »

Nice to meet you too

Use to play mafia on with a few people a year ago in a forum of a browser game but the after a while there wasnt enough people to make a full game.

Unvoted, as im testing the tags as its teh first time ive played mafia on this forum. I see peopel are usign one that makes unvote is that UNVOTE: . also does it need teh name of who we where voting for
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:55 am

Post by Exilon »

Skitter feels pushy
Sash feels reachy
Egix is NAI I think
To note, are you voting because you feel I'm scummy, to assert some pressure, or something else?

What do you mean by Skitter being pushy? If anything, he's the one being pushed by like two or three different people (by his post 39, he was answering CDB, RuiRui, and Ausuka lol)
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:56 am

Post by Exilon »

In post 53, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I like Deli deciding not to further engage Skitter. I think attempting to create a theory or policy debate there is more likely to come from town than scum. Scum are more likely to want to cast suspicion on Skitter and/or anyone who shares her same sentiments on voting there.
Is there an acronym for "quoted for absolute agreement"
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:56 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 58, bob3141 wrote:Nice to meet you too

Use to play mafia on with a few people a year ago in a forum of a browser game but the after a while there wasnt enough people to make a full game.

Unvoted, as im testing the tags as its teh first time ive played mafia on this forum. I see peopel are usign one that makes unvote is that UNVOTE: . also does it need teh name of who we where voting for
the unvote doesn't require a name, voting does

do you have any thoughts on the game? any idea wrt who may be town? scum?

(@exilon i'm a she btw)
Show
Hiatus once more.

u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:58 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

Yeah, it's serious. Obviously not super strong yet
103-11 0-2
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:59 am

Exilon, I assume you're just about to call me scum as well along with Ausuka, given that Ausuka's reason is pretty much exactly why I voted for skitter too. (And honestly rereading Ausuka's post just makes me want to vote skitter again, even though my brain knows that she's already responded to it in a sigh-and-stop-voting way.)

@Bob: You don't need to name the player you're unvoting, no. Nice to have you aboard, though be warned as we're not in a specific Newbie game there may be some learning-as-you-go to do.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:00 am

In post 60, Exilon wrote:Is there an acronym for "quoted for absolute agreement"
There is! It's QFT (Quoted For Truthery).

Source: I am an old
#greenshirtthursdays
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:06 am

Post by Exilon »

I knew I remembered something like that.
ChannelDelibird wrote:Exilon, I assume you're just about to call me scum as well along with Ausuka, given that Ausuka's reason is pretty much exactly why I voted for skitter too. (And honestly rereading Ausuka's post just makes me want to vote skitter again, even though my brain knows that she's already responded to it in a sigh-and-stop-voting way.)

@Bob: You don't need to name the player you're unvoting, no. Nice to have you aboard, though be warned as we're not in a specific Newbie game there may be some learning-as-you-go to do.
I'm not... I read them very differently. Ausuka's reason was "why didn't you explicitly call me scum?";

Your was "why didn't you change your vote, you kept it on someone random"

Here I'll quote your post for reference
In post 18, skitter30 wrote:
Why wouldn't you vote for Ausuka here instead of keeping your vote on a random person who hadn't yet posted?
I think it's an extremely fair question, in stark contrast to Ausuka's.
Moreover, your later interactions came across as townie to me.

Regarding Ausuka, I'll have to see the following answers.

@Skitter: So sorry swear I have you as a she on my notes
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:15 am

OK, well, in my mind, "why didn't you move your vote to somebody for whom you just gave a decent reason why they might be scum" contains a certain level of "if you think this post matches scum behaviour why wouldn't you try to push that a bit further rather than backing away from actually calling the person in question scummy" baked into the concept, but I can see where you're coming from here. I very much feel like Ausuka has latched onto the same sort of vibe that I did.
#greenshirtthursdays
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:17 am

Post by Ausuka »

If you think my point is so stupid explain how to me please.

Skitter says my vote comes from scum more often than town. This to me is a scumread, how could it not be? If you think someone's only post so far is more common from scum than from town, you think that person's scum. I would expect her reasoning to be used as part of a push on me. She then goes on to say, in the same post, she's not "explicitly" calling me scum for it. This I think isn't genuine, because I think that if skitter sees my post as coming from scum more often than town, she wouldn't have any hesitation to call me scum for it, right?
In post 57, Exilon wrote:it's literally just a naked vote and my standard entrance. why are you not explicitly calling me scum for it? if you think it comes from scum more than town, and the average player has a 1/4 chance to be scum, that's great odds on page 1. it feels as if you're afraid of entering a confrotantion so early more than anything else.

Feels like poor reasoning and a bit forced in order to justify a vote on skitter.
The question here seems unnecessary and loaded (assumes Skitter finds Ausuka scummy, which is incorrect), especially considering that skitter's own bolded words invalidate that same question.
How on earth does the bolded invalidate my question? She's saying that she's not calling me scum in the section that you bolded; I'm asking why she's not calling me scum.
In post 39, skitter30 wrote:i think that post comes from scum more often than town (which is not at all the same thing as thinking you're scum)
Okay, can you please explain why they're not the same thing? Because I don't see the difference when that's my only post in the game.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:17 am

Post by Ausuka »

sorry, please ignore the first paragraph of my exilon quote; that was from skitter and I apparently forgot to crop it out.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:38 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 62, u r a person 2 wrote:Yeah, it's serious. Obviously not super strong yet
ok, why do you think inferno might be an egix partner?

==
In post 67, Ausuka wrote:This to me is a scumread, how could it not be? If you think someone's only post so far is more common from scum than from town, you think that person's scum.
because i can think that individual posts are scummy without thinking someone is holistically scum. i don't think that a bad rvs post makes someone scum. i think it means they made a scummy rvs post that requires further probing before i can make a determination wrt their alignmnet.
or to say it another way: it was scummy, but not *scummy enough* to make you a scumread

(and i think holistically your reaction was kinda townie too btw)
In post 67, Ausuka wrote:Okay, can you please explain why they're not the same thing? Because I don't see the difference when that's my only post in the game.
it was a bad post, sure, but not strong enough to make you holistically a scumread

or i guess another way ill try to explain: rvs posts in my mind don't carry enough 'weight' so to speak to call someone a full-blown out scumread over them. i'll call the post bad, sure, but i don't think it's a strong enough reason to call someone scum at that point in the game; it's something worth investigating further but not inherently damning

idk if i explained that better but i'll try again if you want me to
Show
Hiatus once more.

Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Exilon »

I didn't say your point was stupid (and I didn't think it was, either) :/
In post 67, Ausuka wrote:If you think my point is so stupid explain how to me please.

Skitter says my vote comes from scum more often than town. This to me is a scumread, how could it not be? If you think someone's only post so far is more common from scum than from town, you think that person's scum. I would expect her reasoning to be used as part of a push on me. She then goes on to say, in the same post, she's not "explicitly" calling me scum for it. This I think isn't genuine, because I think that if skitter sees my post as coming from scum more often than town, she wouldn't have any hesitation to call me scum for it, right?
Why not? I think she just explained it. I think you bring up a relevant point - why the hesitation - but what you seem to be missing and I didn't initially, is that there's no hesitation at all! She recognizes a probability, probes, but know it's not enough to call you scum. So she doesn't.
How on earth does the bolded invalidate my question? She's saying that she's not calling me scum in the section that you bolded; I'm asking why she's not calling me scum.
I mean, if she doesn't find you scum, then she's not going to call you scum. It's why I said the question was loaded - to ask it, you have to assume she finds your post scummy. But that assumption is incorrect.

I can't explain this in any other way.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:00 am

Post by Exilon »

EBWOP: "to ask it, you have to assume she finds your post scummy in itself, and not for meta / chance reasons."
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:17 am

Post by bob3141 »

Not got any strong feeling either way. Always found the intial part of day one a little awkward.

But at this stage i always get the feeling that mafia players would want to have an intial start were there lightly arguing against each other. As well as each starting there own lines of equiry agaisnt different town players. As it would start a organic lines of argument that would naturaly be distant. As i doubt any mafia team woudl want there eggs in any one basket. So im always naturaly suspicious of those intial arguements between players.

And at this moment I do think those trying to link players together a slightly more likely scum. As my feeling would be that they would be bussing against one scum partner, while also accusing a townie of being his partner. So if his partner was lost he could push against townie to even up the odds.

So i dont particularly get a good vib from persons linking of egix and inferno. Over a few posts that would of been a very weak bussing attempt if they were scum partners.
_____

Also if I get the feelign mafia in there arguments would prefer to hide there arguments in group. By making it appear that thre arguments are in harmony with anotehr player that they virtue of being mafia know is town . Ive seen a few examples of that but nothing realy note worthy, just somethign givign me sligth feeling
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:20 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Don’t have time to get into much right now, but my preliminary scumteam 2/3 is UR2 and Exilon.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:57 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

@skitter The first post I think is independently scummy. The second feels like redirect of of Egix. And the interaction between them goes no where. whole thing just feels wrong.
Spoiler:
In post 35, Inferno390 wrote:What the heck
I have to do analysis already?
Alright, give me a moment to read slowly
Also, I highly recommend shortening my name to 390.
And I claim Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Lazer Beams Out of It’s Ass.
Skitter feels pushy
Sash feels reachy
Egix is NAI I think
In post 37, Egix96 wrote:
In post 36, Inferno390 wrote:Skitter feels pushy
Is that meant to be in a good way or a bad way?
In post 38, Inferno390 wrote:Pushy in a bad way. It feels unnatural, like she’s forcing her reads or something.
103-11 0-2

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”