u r a person 2 , ChannelDelibird
Inferno390 (1):
Exilon

Not Voting:
RuiRui, Lil Uzi Vert, bob3141 , Ausuka

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-05-03 20:00:00)
Last edited by tris on Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:57 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 97, bob3141 wrote:
In post 75, u r a person 2 wrote: comes from town I think.

Like it actually looks scummy af
but
I think it actually reads townie from some new players.
Very much looks like an attempt to pretend to defend soemone
but
at the same time keep using the"
but .....
"

As well as trying to emphasize possible scummy actions
but
raising this in a pretend defense. So If i got lynched and untimatly revealed as town you could simply say you dint think i was scum and could hold no blame

____
I think you are trying hard on this one, throwing shade on URAP2. Your argument made no sense too, you are using the very same word you are suspicious of.

VOTE: Bob3141
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:33 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 143, Exilon wrote:
In post 142, Inferno390 wrote:See your not addressing why I think your logic is circular.
The reason I think your logic is circular is because you’re using the fact that you think I’m scum to say that my post was aimed to look Town.
X is scum
Therefore this thing X did is scum motivated or is done because of scum reasons
So X is scum. Die, scum!

Or something like that.
And what would make you think I felt encroached and under pressure. There wasn’t a wagon on me, the two people scumreading me I’m already interacting with, and no one is pushing me except my scumreads. What pressure?
And what exactly am I backpedaling from?
I think I get it. But it's still not circular; it's not feeding itself. It's complementing the conclusion (which is scumread), in consequence to the posts before.
I understand it isn't, in itself, worthy of a scumread.

To me, it's when you put everything I've pointed together that a scummy mindset emerges, not with each individual piece.

I said I thought you felt encroached and under pressure at that moment for recognizing the skitter read being wrong (which is what I mean by backpedaling), in conjunction with urap2's callouts, as well as my own posts on the matter. This would be enough for me and the general tone in your posts seemed to convey a level of antsiness. From what you're saying, it seems you weren't in fact feeling this type of pressure. Is this right?
No. I don’t feel like there’s a lot of pressure in my direction at the moment.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:48 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 151, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 97, bob3141 wrote:

Like it actually looks scummy af
but
I think it actually reads townie from some new players.
Very much looks like an attempt to pretend to defend soemone
but
at the same time keep using the"
but .....
"

As well as trying to emphasize possible scummy actions
but
raising this in a pretend defense. So If i got lynched and untimatly revealed as town you could simply say you dint think i was scum and could hold no blame

____
I think you are trying hard on this one, throwing shade on URAP2. Your argument made no sense too, you are using the very same word you are suspicious of.

VOTE: Bob3141
So in your opinion hypocrisy is a scummy trait? Bob is town in my book. Anyway your post 146 is entirely against my views except maybe skitter. I'm starting to come around to the slot being town but that's mostly to the reactions to her slot instead of the stuff she's posted.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:01 pm

Post by Garmr »

throw some quick thoughts out there

town in my eyes
Lil Uzi Vert
Garmr(that's me)
Bob
Exilon(because of something he said that may rule him out from being scum with out him knowing about it.)

maybe town deciding
Skitter (mainly for peoples reaction to her than anything she has done herself.)

Cautious of
Egix

Who I think can hang personally-
Channel
Sash
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:03 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 153, Garmr wrote:So in your opinion hypocrisy is a scummy trait? Bob is town in my book.
Hypocrisy should come from scum, yes. As for my read, it's still early game I do with what I see. Later in the game I might not have considered that. Reading is hard Day 1.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:04 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 155, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 153, Garmr wrote:So in your opinion hypocrisy is a scummy trait? Bob is town in my book.
Hypocrisy should come from scum, yes.
As for my read, it's still early game I do with what I see. Later in the game I might not have considered that. Reading is hard Day 1.
It should in theory but as i said in past games I find town are more likely to be hypocritical as scum are more worried about their image.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:22 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 141, Exilon wrote:As in: if there's only one team of scum, and if you think three people are scum, you're not going to say "the scum team is these 2 people", right? That's how I read it.
i think it's fine to say this at this stage of the game tbh

==
In post 154, Garmr wrote:Skitter (mainly for peoples reaction to her than anything she has done herself.)
oh this is interesting. elaborate?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:48 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 157, skitter30 wrote:
In post 141, Exilon wrote:As in: if there's only one team of scum, and if you think three people are scum, you're not going to say "the scum team is these 2 people", right? That's how I read it.
i think it's fine to say this at this stage of the game tbh

==
In post 154, Garmr wrote:Skitter (mainly for peoples reaction to her than anything she has done herself.)
oh this is interesting. elaborate?
No offence but early on you kinda looked weak. But as soon as you put up some fight people backed off. If you were scum I would see your scum mates trying to stick for you a little longer. Now everyone seems to be kissing ass except Ausuka. Ausuka reaction seems somewhat emotional to your accusation, Don't think it's a scummy one through because I don't see why scum would get emotional at that point.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:31 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

have you guys read sashadin's iso? Way better vote than exilon who is probably not trying to powerscum in the first ten pages and who is taking oddball views on things than the rest of the thread

VOTE: sashaddin

egix still scummy i think

inferno probably town

skitter probably town
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:31 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

bob still town too
103-11 0-2
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:43 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 130, Exilon wrote:
In post 118, Ausuka wrote:UNVOTE:

ok I thought about it and I think I understand what skitter is saying now.

@Exilon: I still don't understand what about my push you don't think comes from town here.
Well, like I said:
Feels like poor reasoning and a bit forced in order to justify a vote on skitter.
The question here seems unnecessary and loaded (assumes Skitter finds Ausuka scummy, which is incorrect), especially considering that skitter's own bolded words invalidate that same question.
So I thought it was written with intent to vote rather than genuine analysis and didn't give him much of a benefit of the doubt.

From your answers and my own analysis, feels to me like you went in with an assumption that wasn't exactly correct (but legitimizes your push imo), and it seems like you've come to an understanding. As such, I'm not scum reading it anymore.
ok I guess it makes sense as a misunderstanding.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:58 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 145, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 119, Ausuka wrote:Can you explain this further please? Like, what about Inferno's analysis is great? I'm not seeing your pov here.
The game started hard and fast. My vote on Skitter was pure RVS but I sensed town in her, so I wanted to unvote and settle elsewhere.
Of all the posts I found that far, this was the post that was telling me the most. I was feeling what was being said real good: the yikes 40 , the convenient 76, the free shade on 42... since we are early I decided not to be inactive and sheep a bit. I know taking someone else's reasoning is not the best move, but it's a start. People tell me I'm inactive Day 1 so I try to get away from that image now.
Ok but like let's take a look at some of these posts in context.
In post 40, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 21, Egix96 wrote:Town AGAIN? Really? Sigh...

VOTE: Ausuka

No naked votes allowed reeeeeeeee
yikes

VOTE: egix
The reasoning Inferno gave for scumreading 40 was:
In post 79, Inferno390 wrote:40 almost feels more naked than Ausuka. Like it’s trying to look clothed when it is.
I can only interpret this as saying that Urap made a naked vote and was trying to make it look non-naked when it wasn't. But, "yikes" is just an indicator that urap thought Egix's post is bad, right? How does this mean that urap is trying to look non-naked? All this is is urap saying early on that he doesn't get good feelings from Egix. I believe that it only makes sense to think this if you're looking through urap's posts for things to scumread. I think it's possible that Inferno, as town, decided urap was scum and looked through his ISO to build a case on him. I can't understand why you, as a nonbiased observer, would think this, though.

As for 42:
In post 42, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 36, Inferno390 wrote:VOTE: Exilon
I’m off-put by the tone here. Seems weird.
Skitter feels pushy
Sash feels reachy
Egix is NAI I think
egix partner
Inferno's response to this is that "Me saying that I think Egix’s vote is NAI, especially when it’s clearly an RVS post, may be AI for me, but it certainly does not tie me to Egix on my own." But that's just like, why not? You went out of your way to mention Egix just to call him NAI, that could definitely be seen as a s/s interaction early right? The entire argument just seems blatantly flawed and I think from an unbiased POV it's not one you're likely to sheep.

I don't really like his bob vote either so.

VOTE: Sashaddin
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:36 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 115, bob3141 wrote:
In post 107, Egix96 wrote:UNVOTE:

VOTE: Delibird
whats your reason for voting for him. As it appears to be alittle bit of naked vote. True you made a post about you think he was agressive but at teh same time you were hedging your bets if that meant he was town or scum

I just get the vibe your trying to quietly jump on what you hope will turn into bandwagon.

UNVOTE:
After some time thinking to myself I couldn't really form any strong scumreads in my mind, so I decided I might as well commit to voting Deli and see what came of it.

"I just get the vibe your trying to quietly jump on what you hope will turn into bandwagon."

I see you unvoted but didn't vote me, so do you think that's a scummy thing for me to do? If so, how?
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:51 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 124, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 116, skitter30 wrote:also i dont' think that scum!inferno really thinks to randomly make that post about uzi there really
This is a compelling reason for Infernotown.
Um, no?

"I don't think scum!(name) thinks of writing that" is not very strong reasoning imo, especially considering that I have recent experience of scum!inferno and I wouldn't think that specific post is out of his range. Doesn't help that you're seemingly just taking someone else's words and taking them at face value.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:56 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 125, ChannelDelibird wrote:Feeling pretty iffy about RuiRui so far. Most of her posts so far are pretty surface-level stuff ("Inferno, you're moving too fast with your reads" without really talking about what that might mean, or "well now nobody can use that for info" after the comment about reactions to LUV) without truly engaging in anyone's alignment. Need to see more evidence of desire to actively uncover the scum rather than just reacting blandly to a random post here or there.
*Reads her ISO*

I'll admit, you're not wrong there. She does feel underwhelming compared to last game so far.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:57 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

You're clearly reading in order; why did you not respond to #121?
#greenshirtthursdays
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:06 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 166, ChannelDelibird wrote:You're clearly reading in order; why did you not respond to #121?
Because I really don't know what to say to it apart from "okay, so?" I'm not going to reverse my read on you just because you think my logic is wrong.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:07 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 165, Egix96 wrote:She [Rui] does feel underwhelming compared to last game so far
Btw this kinda applies to cby as well (last game = Newbie 1918 in that case)
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:11 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 110, skitter30 wrote:
In post 94, Garmr wrote:critic here, if that was your goal I would of phrased it differently Like in my post above it seems like preemptive defence and cuts a conversation line. If you are town you pretty much soured the bait if people thought that was the bit that was scummy. Unless your going for some sort of slayers gambit.
i don't really 'bait' people to do things

==

i think bob is kinda townie
atm townreads: bob, inferno, maybe garmr, maybe cdb

==
In post 101, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:

Like it actually looks scummy af but I think it actually reads townie from some new players.
Elaborate?
there's a nuance of thought-process there that i would be slightly surprised to see coming from new-scum

==
In post 102, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:My thoughts exactly. The timing of it feels weird as well. I hate the term LAMIST but that’s how it comes across. As opposed to a sudden eureka moment.
what's 'it' referring to in this post?
I disagree. I don’t know what to make of his ramblings. Bob could be a paranoid gun owner or a traitor trying to draw the night kill. He could be attempting to deflect attention away from his teammates. He’s null for me right now.

I’m referring to .
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:11 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 112, skitter30 wrote:i'm getting some buddying-y vibes from you
Don’t get the point of this post. What incentive does Exil have to buddy you considering this is his first time playing with you?
In post 116, skitter30 wrote:
In post 112, skitter30 wrote:i'm getting some buddying-y vibes from you
@exilon

==

also i dont' think that scum!inferno really thinks to randomly make that post about uzi there really
Can you and/or Rui talk about experiences with Inferno as scum?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:11 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 163, Egix96 wrote:
In post 115, bob3141 wrote:
In post 107, Egix96 wrote:UNVOTE:

VOTE: Delibird
whats your reason for voting for him. As it appears to be alittle bit of naked vote. True you made a post about you think he was agressive but at teh same time you were hedging your bets if that meant he was town or scum

I just get the vibe your trying to quietly jump on what you hope will turn into bandwagon.

UNVOTE:
After some time thinking to myself I couldn't really form any strong scumreads in my mind, so I decided I might as well commit to voting Deli and see what came of it.

"I just get the vibe your trying to quietly jump on what you hope will turn into bandwagon."

I see you unvoted but didn't vote me, so do you think that's a scummy thing for me to do? If so, how?
What are your thoughts on Sash? I like Asuka’s breakdown of Sash’s vote on Bob.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:11 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 164, Egix96 wrote:
In post 124, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 116, skitter30 wrote:also i dont' think that scum!inferno really thinks to randomly make that post about uzi there really
This is a compelling reason for Infernotown.
Um, no?

"I don't think scum!(name) thinks of writing that" is not very strong reasoning imo, especially considering that I have recent experience of scum!inferno and I wouldn't think that specific post is out of his range. Doesn't help that you're seemingly just taking someone else's words and taking them at face value.
I’m pretty sure that was sarcasm.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:12 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Exilon

Garmr

RuiRui
cbynumber
Asuka

u r a person 2
skitter30
Egix96

ChannelDelibird

Inferno390
bob3141
Sashaddin

I think the people I have struck out are town. I want to town read Rui. I want to town read Skitter but I can’t shake my paranoia.

VOTE: Sashaddin
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:17 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

UNVOTE: Egix

I'd pretty much convinced myself as of my own #121 ('Egix decided he'd done a clever and useful reactions test, therefore assumed one of the reactions to it must have been from scum' is a reasonably common town thought process and the one that made the most sense to explain #104), and his responses just now all fit with a pretty solid 'bullheaded town' mindset. I think scum would have been more likely to concede me a point over #121, but Egix is sticking with his (misguided) thought process while still being able to open-mindedly address other issues like my calling out of RuiRui. Not lynching here for now.

VOTE: RuiRui
#greenshirtthursdays

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”