JackODiamonds
JackODiamonds
Townie
JackODiamonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:49 am

Post by JackODiamonds »

Honestly I never trust anyone less than when they're saying "Hey, you should trust me". Anyone saying "I'm the only other person you can trust" right now is giving me personally a serious case of narrowed-eye Fry.
JackODiamonds
JackODiamonds
Townie
JackODiamonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:05 am

Post by JackODiamonds »

In post 27, Samantha Eyzburg wrote:I trust you, Jack!
I mean, you're onto a good start calling me Jack instead of JoD like people usually tend to ;)
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:People didn't actually say that though, so nice try, but denied.
Alright, rude. I mean, like 5 people have already claimed to be some variation town, but since you're one of them I'm hardly going to convince you, so...
Primate wrote:claiming town is for losers. lets galaxy brain this.
I wanna know more about this!
JackODiamonds
JackODiamonds
Townie
JackODiamonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:12 am

Post by JackODiamonds »

In post 55, Primate wrote:Not really. I have some scum reads but nothing town. Myko maybe for town? There's a few people (like you) being "helpful" (which I rate as an indicator) but not really giving me any vibes.

I'm not wild about sharing scumreads (I just don't think it's particularly useful), but you asked specifically, so Nexus and Poro are players whose I probably won't be listening to. Followed by literally everyone who's posted and isn't myko klick cdb or tom.
Helpful is about the only indicator I'm working with rn. I haven't played the format before and I didn't really pick up much of the theorycraft being discussed at the meet (wish I did), so all I can do is play it like any other game, really. You're one of the few people making any sense to me (or even trying to), so I wanna try to get back on your "listening to" list. My issue is I'm a bit under-equipped to be super helpful here.
In post 64, Klick wrote:I played this one time at the meet last week, so I don’t claim to have the greatest grasp of the optimal way to play. But I have put forward some thought into what the setup means for obtaining reads and whatnot. Scum are going to play this however they want, but town has two goals: to figure out who the other town is, and to make themselves known to them. Any scum who wants to masquerade as town has to consider those two goals. And to that end, I think it’s still telling to give/ask for scumreads in the traditional sense.
This makes a lot of sense to me. I mean, admittedly I have played this format zero times, but I think you're right that as usual town still benefits far more from info and reads and so on than scum do. The difficulty is that when scum outnumber town, it's so easy to just dodge a lot of that shit, like a lot of people are doing. Also, for me I don't know everyone that well and so it's still very hard to read what's normal for people, especially with people I didn't even overlap with at the meet!
In post 64, Klick wrote:For example, I claimed a scumread on Davsto. If he’s town, he then has to put forth considerable effort to engage with me and convince me of that. If he’s scum, he has to act like he’s town (and therefore try to convince me he’s town), or he can do what he’s doing now and give as little information as possible.
This is the part where I think you've lost me, though? Davsto would only have to expend that effort if he thinks there's a chance you're the other townie, right? Obviously he's not going to be able to convince you if you're scum and he'd be wasting his time too? I'm playing based on the idea that most people here are just going do be Doing Things and Saying Stuff and I won't be able to change that. Am I doing it wrong?
In post 66, Samantha Eyzburg wrote:Say you are town, you don't have to bother looking it: play to your needs and they'll stand out as being completely different than what the scum think you'd want.
Again, this is making sense to me. I think town has to play basically the same game as normal: do the information, get the reads. Yeah, you're trying to find town rather than scum, but PoE (look, I used the lingos) seems like a decent way to do that.
JackODiamonds
JackODiamonds
Townie
JackODiamonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:22 am

Post by JackODiamonds »

In post 70, Klick wrote:I have been wondering why this setup is called "Jungle of Bullshit", but I think I understand now.
I can see you as town, CES. I'm not fully convinced, but your thought process holds together and makes sense from a town perspective, and I don't know that you'd be this heavy-handed in trying to win me over as scum.

@Jack:
Have you ever played this setup before? I'd like to hear more from you in general, so if you have any thoughts then please do share.
Ack, this must've come up as I was typing my post. So, no, never played this set-up before (and also I'm very rusty in general), so I'm working basically using the hints given in the set-up plus how I'd treat a normal game, basically?

My thoughts are basically that a townie, maybe even more than usual, will be helpful and will be trying. So I've got a lot of people on my "probably scum list" for failing to meet those criteria. CES and Fenchurch are also on that list, but for possibly trying too hard? Fen seems to be making a show of helping more than actually helping and I'm weirded out by her trying to vote. CES is giving me the scumvibes he was giving me in wereleg of trying to show trust in people to get trust put back in. (And I shot the wrong guy that game so damned if I'm making that mistake twice.)

Those are also the people in this game that I know best, aside from Kyrion (my partner) and Wenna. Wenna hasn't posted at all and Kyrion's post was 3/4 jokes and a rules question, so...

My issue now is how to narrow-down my "maybe town?" list and then also try to keep in mind that this group is quite different from my usual, so I might need to scrap half of what I think I know
JackODiamonds
JackODiamonds
Townie
JackODiamonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:08 am

Post by JackODiamonds »

In post 79, Fenchurch wrote:If everyone would like to answer one question for me it's this: how does this game currently make you feel.
Woefully inadequate? But to be honest, that's how playing every wereleg game with this group felt over the week too. I'm just aware I'm rusty af and also that I am *not* up to speed with how y'all play. It's very different. That plus the added pressure of this game? Woefully inadequate. :P But hey, c'est en forgeant qu'on devient forgeron, I guess.
In post 90, cpol wrote:To be honest I'm quite happy with my contribution level at the moment. [...] or the other towie is lynched and I have to hope that they see through the nonsence.
I mean, I'm not the only person to say this to you, but that doesn't really fly for me. My scum list is mostly made up of people who aren't doing enough. And I would really like to think that those are 100% Bona Fid-e Good ReadsTM, but if someone actually IS town and is basically just lurking? Boo. No. Don't.
JackODiamonds
JackODiamonds
Townie
JackODiamonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:31 am

Post by JackODiamonds »

OK, some wine has been wined, but let's go
In post 119, Primate wrote:
In post 118, Primate wrote:Scum gonna quicklynch in 24hrs. If it's you could you kill all the scum to ensure the win? Confidence is ignorance imho.
If you can't answer this question and you're town hurry up and get into a position where you have an answer to this for your own peace of mind.
Yes. Yesyesyes, this. I'm sorta banking on being the lyncheecos preusmably I have less experience (I mean, i've played a buncha werewolf, but not here) than whoever else it is, so I can f it up on the shoot and if I don't f it up then I've still got a 50/50 to f up. So I gotta narrow my already pretty narrow "maybe town i hope" list down further. And I have zero clue how to this and most of y'all are gonna be disinclined to give good advice..
In post 138, Porochaz wrote:
In post 126, Fenchurch wrote:Poro: why do you have me as not town?

Wenna: I’m town. But I think it’s unlikely that you are. If you are this game is actually kinda hilarious for the last 2 days.
You are very self focused, with the veneer of looking for scum. It's fair enough face to face, but when you go "I have 2... 4... etc etc." It's not actually saying anything useful. It doesn't even look like scum hunting, you could have easily said "I have 97 scum reads" and I would have taken it about as seriously. It's actually scummier than people who have done nothing thus far.
Poro, wtf, you can't sudenly come in here and start making any sense when I've already consigned you to the scum-not-posting-anything-of-substance barrel! On the offchance i have got you wrong, please say more things cos I don't want to f this up. f
JackODiamonds
JackODiamonds
Townie
JackODiamonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:57 am

Post by JackODiamonds »

In post 156, Fenchurch wrote:Well... that sounds rather like scum trying to arrange a quicklynch.
I'd be surprised to see a quick anything happening in this game. I had expected the game to be much more full-on than this, tbh.
JackODiamonds
JackODiamonds
Townie
JackODiamonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:04 am

Post by JackODiamonds »

OK, no-one's given me any more pointers, not even the few people I think still might be town, so I might just have to blimmin' come out and start prodding my shortlist and narrowing it down in a much less subtle way than I'd have liked.

Klick, Samantha, Primate. Please talk to me or at least tell me how I can talk to you. You obviously can't all be town, so I need to make cuts. I'm at a bit of a loss at this point on what I should be doing, so I'm going to start just being pushy cos it's What I'm Good At. :p
JackODiamonds
JackODiamonds
Townie
JackODiamonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:33 am

Post by JackODiamonds »

In post 162, Samantha Eyzburg wrote:
@Jack:
Ah. I guess we need a topic. Say Kyrion is scum, because we are both town. How could we have told without that assumption? You can read him better than I do, after all.
Kyrion is on my scum list mostly for not posting enough and, when he has posted, not having a lot to say. I feel what's happened is he doesn't know how to handle being scum in a vast pool of scum: he doesn't have to hide too much and he doesn't have to seek at all, so he isn't really trying. It's very uncharacteristic for him and I think he'd be doing way more as town.

I realise I have no idea who you even know best to ask you about, so... :s
JackODiamonds
JackODiamonds
Townie
JackODiamonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:55 am

Post by JackODiamonds »

In post 164, Samantha Eyzburg wrote:We could talk about something else if you'd like. You wanted to figure us out, and I can't do that for you.
OK, typing on my phone in bed now so apologies if this isnt as coherent as I try to usually be

Alright, a thing that might be hard to fake is talking about scum thought processes while sounding town and without giving stuff away. So. Youve touched on this a it already but how did you expect scum to tackle this game? How would you tackle it? How do you feel about the sxun play you've seen so far?
JackODiamonds
JackODiamonds
Townie
JackODiamonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:57 am

Post by JackODiamonds »

Klick and Primate if you wanna answer that too4, that would be amaze cos I can't be feeling good about alla yall
JackODiamonds
JackODiamonds
Townie
JackODiamonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:42 am

Post by JackODiamonds »

VOTE: Samantha
JackODiamonds
JackODiamonds
Townie
JackODiamonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:17 am

Post by JackODiamonds »

In post 182, Samantha Eyzburg wrote:
In post 27, Samantha Eyzburg wrote:Yet we are the bestest friends, are we not? You'd never do me harm <3

I trust you, Jack!
:'(

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”