Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4661 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:09 am

Post by mastina »

BTW an idea I've considered running is a 52ish-player joke game, a massively multiball game where the town starts with majority …but the game needs that many players for them to. It'd be a Blitz, with 5 day days, plurality lynches, and 48 hour nights.

I'd never actually run it though unless I got something like 30 people telling me, "YOU NEED TO RUN THIS GAME".
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4744 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:52 pm

Post by mastina »

So I had an idea for a 24ish (give or take two town players depending on exact game balance to make the idea work) player large theme based around a 4:4:16ish (again give or take two town players balance depending) Fire and Ice game--with a twist.

There would be a "thread temperature" meter--at freezing cold (0), Ice's kill becomes strongman and ninja, and all Ice become bulletproof to the fire nightkill. At burning hot (100), Fire's kill becomes strongman and ninja, and all Fire become bulletproof to the ice nightkill. If the thread temperature drops to freezing cold/raises to burning hot during a day, it is locked at that temperature until the start of the day phase, where it is automatically adjusted ~20 towards temperate. (As per usual, fire and ice killing the same person nullifies the kill.)

Certain roles would be temperature-dependent, and/or work only on select factions.

The thread temperature meter would start at 50, and raise/lower depending on flips. Town flips move it ~5 towards temperate. Ice flips move it ~10 towards hot; Fire flips move it ~10 towards cold.

...However.

...The main way the thread temperature meter would rise and fall.

...Would be based around (lack of) post count.
Exact metric would be publicized, but is not finalized now.
I was thinking along the lines of,
For every post a player makes above their tenth in 24 hours, thread temperature rises 1 degree; if a player has less than two posts in 24 hours, thread temperature drops 2 degrees; if a player goes two days in a row violating this, these effects are doubled. Three, doubled again. Four, doubled again, and so on.

For every 24 hours that there are less than 5 pages posted, thread temperature drops 10 degrees.
If this happens again, it drops 20 degrees.
Again, 40 degrees.
Again, 80 degrees.
Again, auto-freeze.
This doubling is reset every day phase. (So, dropping below the total on D1 is a drop of ten, and again on D2 is still a drop of 10, not a drop of 20.)

For every 24 hours that there are more than 15 pages posted, thread temperature rises 10 degrees.
If this happens again, it's 20 degrees.
Again, 40 degrees.
Again, 80 degrees.
Again, auto-burn.
This doubling is reset every day phase. (So, going above the total on D1 is an increase of ten, and again on D2 is still an increase of 10, not an increase of 20.)

Numbers subject to change, but I have an idea for what roles the game would feature (spoiler alert: explicitly not mountainous multiball!) and the basic premise is there; keep a
moderate
posting level, neither too much or too little, or face the consequences.

I've got enough game projects I want to run though that unless I get some strong interest in the idea, it'll be a long time (if ever) before it gets run.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4746 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:51 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4745, callforjudgement wrote:Wouldn't this have the obvious problem that when the scumteams become imbalanced as a result of asymmetrical nightkills or lynching, town have a strong incentive to spam/lurk in order to give an advantage to the smaller team? Town typically want scumteams in a multiball game to be balanced with each other.
Uh, why?

In a multiball game town's chances of winning skyrocket when they turn it from multiball to singleball early-on. (Sure multiball allows cross-kills, but it also allows two town deaths per night instead of one. Permanently reducing the scum deaths per night every single night > a
chance
scum cross-kill
one
night.)

Why would they aim to self-balance the scumteams when what they really want is to get RID of a scumteam?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”