large normal 219: COOL NEW ANIMALS (done!!)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:33 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 598, NotAnAxehole wrote:I am very confused by Nero's play
it shouldn't be.

Why is Buj town?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:40 am

Post by Performer »

In post 599, Nero Cain wrote:If you think voting a wagon and not pushing it is scummy
if you're accusing me of being scum since I'm not shouting "lynch rui, rui is scum, death to rui" in every other post, then you're looking at a playstyle difference. And I personally find it annoying when players are overly posting only things like "lynch this, this is scum" and similar things . Because anyone could just ISO or ask the person instead.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:44 am

Post by Nero Cain »

that's not why I was/am scum reading you but I guess Axe is scum reading me for not pushing evee (even though I was) and if so I wanted to know why that applies to me but not you?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:47 am

Post by Nero Cain »

although if you are scum then sitting on a vanity wagon that you aren't pushing would be a scum thing anyways so *shrugz*

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:17 pm

Post by Skygazer »

votecount at the time of my claim wrote:Skygazer (7): NotAnAxehole, nomnomnom, Saudade, KidAmn, rosterfoster, NerfedBuJ, bob3141
NotAnAxehole (2): TheWizard, Nero Cain
Performer (1): RuiRui
EeveeLution Army (1): Sickofit1138
nomnomnom (1): Flavor Leaf
NerfedBuj (1): Skygazer
RuiRui(1): Performer
rosterfoster (1): EeveeLution Army
So:

I think it's likely that with three scum, there's probably 1 or 2 scum on my wagon here, but all three scum on my wagon is unlikely. My wagon seemed kind of stagnant with just Axe/nom/Saudade and really picked up after Amn's vote which makes me think that Amn/roster/buj/bob have much higher scum equity than axe/nom/saudade. This rough gamestate read also lines up with my reads on Axe/nom/Saudade so I'm thinking that in all likelihood there's one or two scum in [Amn/roster/buj/bob], with two scum there being slightly more likely due to the speed of the wagon today.

This next point assumes Axe is town (hoping I'm not shooting myself in the foot but I am assuming this due to something I picked up that would be bad for the town if I discussed it), and assumes there's probably one scum that's voted for him today. That pool would be myself/buj/nero/TheWizard. Considering Buj is in both pools, plus considering that I have other reasons to SR him (what I talked about earlier, plus his vote on me was absolute ?????), his scum equity is super high. TheWizard's low post count gives him higher scum equity as well. I know that I'm town and I have a townread on Nero because his thoughts/actions seem genuine and because meta.

I really don't like how Sick throws out a random eevee vote while most of his posts were talking about not liking me. It feels like he wants me lynched without actually wanting to deal with jumping onto a wagon that's picking up.

Roster jumped onto my wagon because he was "vibing." I was more concerned with that at first but that feels like it'd be kind of a blatant move if he were scum here so I'm TRing him for that tbh. I'm more worried about bob, placing me at L-1 without announcing it and it felt like his short little snippet about me was him feeling obligated to explain why he's hopping onto a wagon without looking scummy. I don't really see two scum hopping onto my wagon back to back though, so I feel like Buj/bob can't be S/S.

Right now my solve is something like one of [bob/buj], sick, ???
wizard/amn can also fit in there somewhere but I don't see wizard/buj as scum together because they were both on axe at the same time. amn has higher scum equity because they, like bob, felt the need to justify their vote on me for some reason because no one else was.

I think axe calling my claim into question is town because scum would know my claim is real and would want to back off so they don't have to deal with the optics of mislynching a friendly neighbor.

tldr: my vote on buj is staying and I should be sheeped here
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Townpool (I'm much better at townreading correctly than scumreading correctly): [saudade slot]/axe/nom/nero/roster/performer/flavor leaf

Will dive more into reads tonight
i have the most queues
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:53 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

Hm, I like those two upper posts, aside from putting FL in your town block, which I find weird.

VOTE: sickofit

I'd rather vote this though. I have more faith in this.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:21 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Why did you find fumuki scummy?
i have the most queues
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 604, Skygazer wrote:I think axe calling my claim into question is town because scum would know my claim is real and would want to back off so they don't have to deal with the optics of mislynching a friendly neighbor.
I don't think he really did this. And scum have plenty of motivation to unvote you as they would look super fucking bad for trying to push your lynch.

Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:13 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

In post 604, Skygazer wrote:I really don't like how Sick throws out a random eevee vote while most of his posts were talking about not liking me. It feels like he wants me lynched without actually wanting to deal with jumping onto a wagon that's picking up.
My posts on you came later, and my Eevee vote was in conjunction with the previous post on my ISO.

Ik it was a good minute after but keep in mind I'm on mobile and doing anything is a hassle, I said I was probably gonna vote there and the previous post and I did when I got back on the next day *shrugs*
Always ask for consent before hopping on someone's wagon.
RuiRui
RuiRui
Goon
RuiRui
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:18 pm

Post by RuiRui »

I'm looking at performer's posts and it's hard for me to reason moving my vote somewhere else - They look like scum to me
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:20 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 608, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 604, Skygazer wrote:I think axe calling my claim into question is town because scum would know my claim is real and would want to back off so they don't have to deal with the optics of mislynching a friendly neighbor.
I don't think he really did this. And scum have plenty of motivation to unvote you as they would look super fucking bad for trying to push your lynch.
that latter part is what im saying, yet before he felt the need to unvote he went out of his way to point out that my claim was something that wasn't disprovable if i were scum

seemed like he put some thought into it rather than just insta-unvoted to look town
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:22 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 609, Sickofit1138 wrote:
In post 604, Skygazer wrote:I really don't like how Sick throws out a random eevee vote while most of his posts were talking about not liking me. It feels like he wants me lynched without actually wanting to deal with jumping onto a wagon that's picking up.
My posts on you came later, and my Eevee vote was in conjunction with the previous post on my ISO.

Ik it was a good minute after but keep in mind I'm on mobile and doing anything is a hassle, I said I was probably gonna vote there and the previous post and I did when I got back on the next day *shrugs*
it v much looked like you had more reason to vote me tho

coupled with the fact that you felt the need to check the votecounts before voting eevee, it made me think ur worried about the optics of joining a wagon
also theres the fact that u didnt start SRing me until after u checked the votecounts which is when u'd see im being wagoned lol
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:26 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 610, RuiRui wrote:I'm looking at performer's posts and it's hard for me to reason moving my vote somewhere else - They look like scum to me
what do you see there that's scummy

why is ur vanity wagon better than any of the people that could actually be lynched today
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:28 pm

Post by Skygazer »

speaking of vanity wagons i should probs

VOTE: sick

since no one is interested in buj ig
i have the most queues
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:46 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

In post 612, Skygazer wrote:
In post 609, Sickofit1138 wrote:

it v much looked like you had more reason to vote me tho

coupled with the fact that you felt the need to check the votecounts before voting eevee, it made me think ur worried about the optics of joining a wagon
also theres the fact that u didnt start SRing me until after u checked the votecounts which is when u'd see im being wagoned lol
Any fool knew you were being wagoned. And I started SRing you when I got back at that point to play the game and read the couple pages I missed.
Always ask for consent before hopping on someone's wagon.
NerfedBuJ
NerfedBuJ
Goon
NerfedBuJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:55 pm

Post by NerfedBuJ »

I voted for sky because it's faster to show people they're wrong than to talk them into it. Especially when attempts to explain it have fallen on dead hands. I'm fine losing if it will teach town!nom not to trust and sheep someone that is open wolfing.

I know there are better ways, but I'm a petty man.

Tell me one post in this game that is worse than "Axe is 100% town".

So to respond to you nero, I don't think nom is open wolfing. I think nom is town being pulled by a leash.

@sky - your wagon analysis is wrong imo. Probably 2 scum in the first 4 votes of your wagon.

VOTE: Axe
My main is BuJaber.
NerfedBuJ
NerfedBuJ
Goon
NerfedBuJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:57 pm

Post by NerfedBuJ »

In post 548, NerfedBuJ wrote:
NotAnAxehole wrote:
In post 543, NerfedBuJ wrote:I'm just going to try something new.
Let's go with wisdom of the crowd.

If sky flips town right here in day 1 I think town loses, and we prove that democracy doesn't work and enjoy being right personally.

And if she flips scum then we win while doing none of the hard work.
Who do you think is scum? Sickofit? Anyone else?
Individually?
You, performer, sickofit, wizard, eevee
And I'll throw in roster for good measure.

That's what? 3/6, 50%
Not the best percentage accuracy but that's all we have to work with so far.
This is looking even better now.
My main is BuJaber.
NerfedBuJ
NerfedBuJ
Goon
NerfedBuJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:59 pm

Post by NerfedBuJ »

In post 590, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 548, NerfedBuJ wrote:You, performer, sickofit, wizard, eevee
ehhhh....

all these slots are p scummy and I think Buj put at least 1 buddy here. Both? idk
Really man? If I hand you two scum you'd still think I'm more likely to be bussing than me being town and right?
My main is BuJaber.
NerfedBuJ
NerfedBuJ
Goon
NerfedBuJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:01 pm

Post by NerfedBuJ »

In post 605, Skygazer wrote:Townpool (I'm much better at townreading correctly than scumreading correctly): [saudade slot]/axe/nom/nero/roster/performer/flavor leaf

Will dive more into reads tonight
Explain saudade, axe, roster, performer, FL

Some I disagree with, some I need to hear reasons for. To me many slots are town by PoE not because they've towned it up on their own.
My main is BuJaber.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:01 pm

Post by NotAnAxehole »

In post 616, NerfedBuJ wrote:I voted for sky because it's faster to show people they're wrong than to talk them into it. Especially when attempts to explain it have fallen on dead hands. I'm fine losing if it will teach town!nom not to trust and sheep someone that is open wolfing.

So to respond to you nero, I don't think nom is open wolfing. I think nom is town being pulled by a leash.

@sky - your wagon analysis is wrong imo. Probably 2 scum in the first 4 votes of your wagon.

This is funny.

But it actually has be townreading BuJ
This team is ruining my life!
NerfedBuJ
NerfedBuJ
Goon
NerfedBuJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:03 pm

Post by NerfedBuJ »

@Sky And I wish you hadn't said you tried a gambit.
You were pretty clearly town. Now wrong town will just shrug off their terrible read because "you were playing scummy", and next game they'll be manipulated again and join another wagon on town just as easily.
My main is BuJaber.
NerfedBuJ
NerfedBuJ
Goon
NerfedBuJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:04 pm

Post by NerfedBuJ »

In post 620, NotAnAxehole wrote:
In post 616, NerfedBuJ wrote:I voted for sky because it's faster to show people they're wrong than to talk them into it. Especially when attempts to explain it have fallen on dead hands. I'm fine losing if it will teach town!nom not to trust and sheep someone that is open wolfing.

This is funny.

But it actually has be townreading BuJ
Oh shit thanks I used the wrong word.

It's fallen on dead ears of course, not hands. :)
My main is BuJaber.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:05 pm

Post by NotAnAxehole »

In post 614, Skygazer wrote:speaking of vanity wagons i should probs

VOTE: sick

since no one is interested in buj ig
The main issue I have with voting sick here is that I have a hard time actually believing your claim.

I think TheWizard needs to die, because there is no town roleblocker in this game.

I also think RuiRui is a safe wagon.
This team is ruining my life!
NerfedBuJ
NerfedBuJ
Goon
NerfedBuJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:06 pm

Post by NerfedBuJ »

Axe you haven't played with sky before, have you?
My main is BuJaber.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”