Unpopular mafia opinions

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #24 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:52 pm

Post by Mulch »

5) anyone who says that they don't bus unless they need to or not at all is essentially claiming that they are a scum player with a narrow range of games that they are able to play

I mean, that's technically true, but I know some old-school players who have fairly successful wolf games and abide by this mentality. I agree that it's limiting, though, at least in theory.

4) fluffposting contains just as much alignment indicative information as walls and cases and is more difficult for most players to fake

Think it depends on the player for this. I know some players that struggle as a wolf to produce content, and other wolves that struggle to fit in early game with joking around/having a normal tone.

3) looking towny as scum is either the least or the second least important scum skill next to imitating your towngame despite the heavy value most assign to it

It's hard for me to determine this without knowing exactly what/how many skill sets you think there are, but I think there is a fairly decent amount of value to this? I'm struggling to see how you can say this isn't important. I'm all for the mentality that a scum player needs to get the job done at all costs, but surely you think that not appearing to be wolfy is at least somewhat significant?

2) energy, charisma, and time to post in thread are in most cases the factors that determine whether a player is lynched or not, not towniness of posts.

I agree on this one. Flat out. Although I would ironically say this holds true on other sites more than mafiascum (for example, a lot of other sites literally sort by postcount to get a general base for their reads)

1) MS's high replace rate is a blessing in disguise, except when it gets to the point where games are bleeding people faster than they can replace

??? What. How is this a real thought. RC wolfing tbh
Amrock#3784

Return to “Mafia Discussion”