D&D 5e Campaign

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

D&D 5e Campaign

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:09 am

Post by NotMySpamAccount »

So I decided I wanted to try this out. It's been tried a few times before, but not particularly successfully in the long run as far as I can tell. Please go ahead /in if you might be interested. I'd be fine starting with 3 or 4, but I'll take up to 6 if demand is high.

Newbies

If you've never played D&D before, but want to try it out, feel free to /in! I'll give as much help as possible, and I'm sure experienced players will as well. Some useful links:

The basic rules: https://media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/down ... s_2018.pdf
This doesn't go through all the options, but it gives a good overview of the rules you need to know.

DnD Beyond: https://www.dndbeyond.com/
This is a very useful resource for keeping track of things about your character online. It's free, although you can pay for content outside of the Basic Rules (it also gives you all the classes for free, not just the 4 in the basic rules). This is where everyone will have their character sheets.

If you don't know something, ask! It's (probably) not a stupid question.

Characters

I'm fairly flexible with regard to what characters I'll allow. For example, some DMs ban Aarakocra, but I'm fine with them. However, heavily minmaxed characters won't be allowed unless there is a good reason. This campaign will focus on social interaction and RP, not just combat. Once you /in, PM me a link to your character on DnD Beyond (preferably as well as the official modules you'vs played before so I know what I can't steal from). While DnD Beyond does not give you all options from other books for free, it has a powerful homebrew tool that you can use to manually build these options of you wish. While it is possible to find pirated pdfs of these books online, I am not actively encouraging piracy. If you "homebrew" a paid option from one of these books, I will assume you found the info legally.

With regard to backstories, don't make it too long or too short. Something in the range of 100 words is perfect, but definitely not longer than 150. You don't need (and I don't want) that much detail yet. Even just a handful of sentences is fine. It'll get fleshed out later.

Campaign Setting

Avadhoth, the Kingdom of the Ravenwood Forest, is led by King Amdos, a Tiefling who came to power by controversial and shadowy means. His intentions and targets are unknown, but the kingdom has been mobilizing for war. This has become a great concern for the neighboring Principality of Enon. Enon is ruled by Lord Zadoc Nightslayer, a war hero who became Lord of Enon when the previous Lord died with no children. However, in little Colkirk, the site of our adventure's opening, there is talk of little else than the coming harvest festival.

Update: Signups Are Closed
Last edited by NotMySpamAccount on Sat May 04, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Show
Town: 6-5
Scum: 2-1
3p: 0-1

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

Indefinite/permanent v/la
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by Allomancer »

/in. Should I just use standard array for my character?
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:43 pm

Yay, first
victim
player! I'd say roll attributes, 4d6 drop lowest. Max hitpoints for level 1 as well, but roll them after that. Probably rerolling 1s on hitpoints as well but idk.
Show

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

I don't know much about this but I wanna try! I'll check out the guide and character creator after work.
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 2:01 pm

Shiidaji wrote:I don't know much about this but I wanna try! I'll check out the guide and character creator after work.
Sounds good! Post any questions here if you have them.
Show

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 2:57 pm

Post by Porkens »

/in I have been dying to play

edit:

ok I made an account that's pretty sweet.

Personally, for 5e, I like to start with the "background" of the character and work backwards to class/race, if anyone is interested in my general method.

I have a question for the DM: how do our characters know each other?
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 3:56 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

How we meet would really help a lot to create a character. Is it like a traditional tolkien-y setting?
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by Mitillos »

/tentative in
If that's alright.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 10:01 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I can play!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 1:42 am

Oh wow, lots of interest overnight (: I'll answer your questions here, and then add details to post 0 about the setting.
Porkens wrote:/in I have been dying to play

edit:

ok I made an account that's pretty sweet.

Personally, for 5e, I like to start with the "background" of the character and work backwards to class/race, if anyone is interested in my general method.

I have a question for the DM: how do our characters know each other?
Sounds good! I'm pretty flexible about that, once I see the characters I'll try to build an opening around it where you all meet each others' characters organically, rather than knowing each other from the beginning. I'll then PM about your "entrance" generally if it's something you wouldn't necessarily expect.
Shiidaji wrote:How we meet would really help a lot to create a character. Is it like a traditional tolkien-y setting?
It'll be fantasy definitely, sorta Tolkein-y but if you really want a gunslinger or artificer, those are fine as well. I'll build the finer details of the setting so that they fit well. The more overarching details will be in post 0 momentarily.
Mitillos wrote:/tentative in
If that's alright.
Perfectly alright! Glad to have you.
Nero Cain wrote:I can play!
Excellent! That's 5 players, so I'll go ahead and close "signups" a whole lot earlier than I expected unless a 6th shows up in the next 12 hrs or so. Glad this got a lot of interest. Everyone PM me your characters over the next day or so, and/or PM or post questions if you have them.
Show

Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 4:58 am

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

/Spectate
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 5:45 am

Post by Mitillos »

I think it would be nice if everyone gave a rough idea of what class type they intend to play. It won't be helpful if we end up with five bards singing at each other.
Personally, I'm willing to wait until everyone else has said what their preference is, and then just pick up something that the party still needs.

Also, I don't have a dndbeyond account, but I found an editable character sheet pdf. Would it be OK for me to use and share that for my character, instead?
options
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 6:01 am

Post by Porkens »

I vote for 5 bards singing at each other.

srsly though I'm flexible but support party load out strategy what do other people want to roll?

but I would totally do a 5 bard party.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 6:06 am

Post by Shiidaji »

That's a good idea. I'll play a front liner and will try to spec into being healthy and do above average in combat. I wanna end up in some trouble and survive it.
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 6:11 am

Mitillos wrote:I think it would be nice if everyone gave a rough idea of what class type they intend to play. It won't be helpful if we end up with five bards singing at each other.
Personally, I'm willing to wait until everyone else has said what their preference is, and then just pick up something that the party still needs.

Also, I don't have a dndbeyond account, but I found an editable character sheet pdf. Would it be OK for me to use and share that for my character, instead?
Good idea for planning that out, though I would kill to watch a 5 bard party. dndbeyond recently added the capability to link a google account as well as a Twitch account, so that might work. If you don't have either, I suppose an editable pdf would be fine as a last resort.
Show

Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 6:26 am

Post by Mitillos »

Google account works. Could you tell us what settings to use with the sheets? (e.g. milestone vs xp and so on)
options
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 7:15 am

Mitillos wrote:Google account works. Could you tell us what settings to use with the sheets? (e.g. milestone vs xp and so on)
Sure! All content on, xp advancement, manual hp, and leave everything else the same.
Show

Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 8:57 am

Post by Shiidaji »

Finished a character sheet, overdid the backstory so I'll cut it down super simple tonight lmao

The basic rules are really fun to read!
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 2:50 pm

Post by xofelf »

Oh man, I wish I had seen this earlier. I love 5e. Though I'm fairly new with it. Can i still in?
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 3:46 pm

Post by Porkens »

I’d vote yes
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 4:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I meant to PM you earlier XO.

I thought about it and kinda changed my mind. XO can take my spot if you were trying to keep it @ 5 players.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 4:24 pm

Post by Mitillos »

In post 19, Porkens wrote:I’d vote yes
Seconded.
options
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 5:04 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 20, Nero Cain wrote:I meant to PM you earlier XO.

I thought about it and kinda changed my mind. XO can take my spot if you were trying to keep it @ 5 players.
Aww thanks for thinking about me Nero <3
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 6:58 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 20, Nero Cain wrote:I meant to PM you earlier XO.

;(
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2019 2:22 am

Hello xofelf! There seems to be demand for you to join, and I said in post 0 I'd take 6 if demand was high, so you're in, congrats! That's def the most I'll take though, so signups are officially closed. I'll PM out the "join campaign" link momentarily.
Show

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”