Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by Exilon »

In post 717, Exilon wrote:
In post 290, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 288, Garmr wrote:Person is under pressure to come up with a excuse makes the "I was sheeping town reads." S
ince their actions show no signs of sheeping town reads in fact you look for them saying they were going to do it you can't find it. You find evidence of the opposite.
So by adding all those points you can conclude they were lying about it and it was a rushed excused.
Is this still about me in ?
Garmr states something demonstrably false. Look above! He even uses the word sheeping in 145, and "I'll follow". It's not incoherent at all!
In post 718, Garmr wrote: Wrong he didn't sheep a town read post refers to skitter being a town read on the wagon and sheeping infernos reasoning.
He did!
Post #90 is Sash saying "I'm not right about Skitter and it was mostly RVS". Then he follows Inferno's vote on urap2.
He refers to this in 145:
In post 145, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 119, Ausuka wrote:Can you explain this further please? Like, what about Inferno's analysis is great? I'm not seeing your pov here.
The game started hard and fast. My vote on Skitter was pure RVS but I sensed town in her, so I wanted to unvote and settle elsewhere.
Of all the posts I found that far, this was the post that was telling me the most.
I was feeling what was being said real good: the yikes 40 , the convenient 76, the free shade on 42... since we are early I decided not to be inactive and sheep a bit. I know taking someone else's reasoning is not the best move, but it's a start.
People tell me I'm inactive Day 1 so I try to get away from that image now.

In post 718, Garmr wrote:
The greatest scumread of Sash is Garmr.
I don't know if I am their greatest scum read but if I was why vote bob before me and switch to me when I'm starting to get into a debate with inferno??
In 146, Sash has the following reads:
In post 146, Sashaddin wrote:(...)
- Garmr and I were scum partners once, he hasn't done much but I'm getting the same vibe. I'm watching this slot.
- Bob seems nervous scum, like post 97 below
(...)
These are his scumreads then. In 151, he votes Bob, gets wagoned, and 30 posts later posts this one:
In post 185, Sashaddin wrote:I think I'm going to quit playing Mafia, I always end up being lynched in the first days and that doesn't help town at all.
He comes back in #260, which is relevant:
In post 260, Sashaddin wrote:Um, hello. Sorry for the absence, I thought of quitting then I thought how I hate when someone quits on games I like, so here i am.

Having caught up, the very first thing that comes to my mind is that Garmr is very opportunistic and shrewd. He's the same that when were red together, he's playing within his scum range imo. He's my prime suspect.
Others are less obvious, I'll have to read a second or third time this evening to get a feel of the other players, probably when the kids and wife are sleeping.

But in the meantime:
VOTE: Garmr
My main gripe here is that I can see this both ways. I can see Sash having been coached by maf to get back in the game and try to follow up on this one read. In 284 he went over ISOS and asides from Bob, his reads are much unchanged - skitter goes back to null and URAP2, even though the initial vote on him had been sheeped, is "less trustworthy". But he keeps the vote on Garmr.

Is latching behaviour "scummy by nature" (wink)? Or is it motivated by a townie mindset who has been a bit shaken?

Sash came back with some renewed energy to the game. But his reads and votes didn't change much. After his vote on URAP2, in 573, he's scumread. Later, without any more interaction, he unvotes URAP2, in 661. He later explains this is due to finding some of the posts URAP makes townie. But now isn't voting anyone else.
Who's scumread right now? Only Garmr, I guess?
Feels like I've been here before.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 12:34 pm

Post by Exilon »

In post 721, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 717, Exilon wrote:If I'm scum Skitter definitely is compromising herself by defending me so hard. What's the reverse of tunneling?
If I'm scum
scum!skitter
definitely would be compromising herself.
What I meant. :wink:
I eventually understood that the assumed hypothesis was scum!Skitter.

I want to bring up the original post though. I may be reading too much into it but there's something here that I feel is deeply off and even though I may be reading too much into it I have to be attentive:
In post 664, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 647, u r a person 2 wrote:but actually if sash is scum, skitter might actually be scum here because I don't see it being you and I'd be surprised if my wagon was clean there either
If I'm scum Skitter definitely is compromising herself by defending me so hard. What's the reverse of tunneling?
This should be an element of thought... Would a scum go forward and defend with such vigor a scum lynch on the first day?
1. is she really defending that hard? // 2. why not? If scum!skitter, she would try to keep up appearances and be consistent. It wouldn't surprise me too much. //
3. aaaaa this is what has been tickling my spider senses!
Yes scum would most definitely be defending a scum lynch on the first day! Why would they shoot themselves in the foot by not trying?!
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 12:34 pm

Post by Exilon »

I'm keeping my vote on Sash.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 12:48 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 683, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 673, skitter30 wrote:
In post 661, Sashaddin wrote:Sigh
UNVOTE: URAP2
sigh
(Hushed voice) But he made two really townie posts lately... :oops:
which ones?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 12:50 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 693, High Risk Gamble wrote:
In post 201, skitter30 wrote:i'm not actually scumreading you inherently for your sash vote
idk if i actually have a good have a good reason (ie one i can articulate rn) for thinking you might be scum; atm it's largely a gut read. like i read your posts and think they feel ????? weird and wrong.
like weirdly timed. making weird observations. idk just feel weird.
your sash vote/post was one such post. it's not inherently scummy but it's another post that feels kinda off, and you've made a whole bunch of them.

like i don't follow your reasons for voting sash. i don't know what prompted you to read sash's iso there. i don't like how you started the post with 'hey anyone else read sash's iso?' ; it feels like you're trying to drum up support for a read that i don't really feel you necessarily ~have~ so much as trying to get momentum for this push

i can give you the weekend, sure, the game is early (by weekend i mean probably until like monday since i'm at least semi-v/la until then)
i'm going to circle back to this then tho

when u do have a chance:
1. why is sash's iso scummy af?
2. why is the ate-y reaction townie?

idk let's go here for now
VOTE: ruirui

pedit @urap
I really liked this post up until the vote.
It just doesn't follow a line of thought of voting scum. I'm not sure if it's scum going for an easier target or not though.
Regardless this should be pressured more in think so I may re address this after catch up.
i wasn't particularly trying to vote scum there, i was trying to find somewhere to vote and most other votes didnt' feel right so i voted there
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 12:52 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 700, High Risk Gamble wrote:Skitter just really pings me with their posting and just feels like a lot of empty posting.
oh? do tell

show me some examples of empty-posting

(inb4 you point to this one. before u tell me this is an empty post, it isn't)
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 704, High Risk Gamble wrote:The current RuiRui wagon looks all town other than Skitter. Skitter is just looking for a lynch rather scum hunting and their voting patterns/reasons show this.
it's not like i've said i have significantly more townreads than scumreads or anything

i've also, you know, repeatedly tried to wagon the one scumread that i have but that hasn't exactly taken off

and yeah the rui vote was a compromise vote (ie and not on someone i'm really scumreading), i 100% agree. it's getting close to eod and i don't really see the point of no-lynching
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 12:56 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 706, Exilon wrote:Skitter what
i don't understand the question, sorry
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 711, Garmr wrote:
In post 704, High Risk Gamble wrote:So this is where I'm at after the catch up fully.

URA is obvious town right now and the fact his wagon started is really bad.
I'm feel less like Sash scum with the VT claim and even though VT lynch / scum lynch isn't a bad choice day 1 I don't think Sash flips scum here.

I don't think that URA's wagon was all town either so Skitter, Inferno or RuiRui have 1-2 scum.

The current RuiRui wagon looks all town other than Skitter. Skitter is just looking for a lynch rather scum hunting and their voting patterns/reasons show this.

If it comes to it I'll vote RuiRui over Sash and URA but I think Skitter is just out right scum and it doesn't look like bussing.

VOTE: Skitter
Yeah I can agree with this.

VOTE: Skitter

Don't really have much to add other than I been feeling off about skitter for a while which is why I don't list them as town.

I don't like the fact Skitter ignored my post (663)

So if we really have to compromise on a lynch I think skitter the best one.
a) explain how i feel 'off'

b) you do realize you're complaining that i didn't respond to a post that you explicitly *did* not address to me, right?
In post 663, Garmr wrote:@URAP2 and Sash
c) so you're leaving your biggest scumread (which multiple peopel have expressed an interest in voting) in order to be the second vote on a wagon on me .... right before eod? do u really think a wagon on me is more viable than the sash wagon rn???
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 1:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 714, Ausuka wrote:what do you mean? there's been plenty of counterwagons propped up throughout the day: ruirui, u r a person 2, then back to ruirui. the gamestate doesn't feel like this at all.
there were a few irl days (like sunday - like tuesday) where very few people were talking. heck, i wasn't even around on friday or saturday and like .... a page and half happened in my absence.

things are moving very glacially, and there isn't really momentum behind like *any* of the wagons besides sash. the gamestate feels incredibly quiescent and like complacent
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 1:05 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 727, Exilon wrote:Yes scum would most definitely be defending a scum lynch on the first day! Why would they shoot themselves in the foot by not trying?!
i mean scum!me wouldn't but as a generic statement this is true
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i will vote sash before i go to sleep tonight if the wagons look similar to how they are now; i don't think he's going to flip scum but no-lynching day1 is dumb
Show
Hiatus once more.

Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 2:26 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 727, Exilon wrote:
In post 721, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 717, Exilon wrote:If I'm scum Skitter definitely is compromising herself by defending me so hard. What's the reverse of tunneling?
If I'm scum
scum!skitter
definitely would be compromising herself.
What I meant. :wink:
I eventually understood that the assumed hypothesis was scum!Skitter.

I want to bring up the original post though. I may be reading too much into it but there's something here that I feel is deeply off and even though I may be reading too much into it I have to be attentive:
In post 664, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 647, u r a person 2 wrote:but actually if sash is scum, skitter might actually be scum here because I don't see it being you and I'd be surprised if my wagon was clean there either
If I'm scum Skitter definitely is compromising herself by defending me so hard. What's the reverse of tunneling?
This should be an element of thought... Would a scum go forward and defend with such vigor a scum lynch on the first day?
1. is she really defending that hard? // 2. why not? If scum!skitter, she would try to keep up appearances and be consistent. It wouldn't surprise me too much. //
3. aaaaa this is what has been tickling my spider senses!
Yes scum would most definitely be defending a scum lynch on the first day! Why would they shoot themselves in the foot by not trying?!
1. From my point of view, yes. Maybe not that hard but I felt it was often.
2. It's very possible she could be fooling me. I don't scumread well in general. She will get towncred when I flip green, right ?
3. If I were scum I would assume my partners would stay the hell away from me after this bad start of mine. Your option keeps a chance to go right, mine is more all-in!
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 2:33 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 729, skitter30 wrote:which ones?
, and 635
You tell me if they are town to you...
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 3:04 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

skitter you should stick with rui, im coming around on town sash
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 3:05 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

and everyone off the rui wagon should be asking themselves why they aren't on the rui wagon with such little time left
103-11 0-2
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 3:15 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 739, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 729, skitter30 wrote:which ones?
, and 635
You tell me if they are town to you...
Dont like the first post, the second two are nai imo

VOTE: sash

^^^^ entirely a compromise eod vote. I dont scumread him and i dont think he's flipping scum
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 3:16 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 741, u r a person 2 wrote:and everyone off the rui wagon should be asking themselves why they aren't on the rui wagon with such little time left
..... like why tho
I have no idea why u think this or where this is coming from
Show
Hiatus once more.

u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 3:30 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 743, skitter30 wrote:..... like why tho
I have no idea why u think this or where this is coming from
I mean, I've been moving off my sash scumread for a day? ish? time is wonky right now.

I'm kind of buying your whole scum was complacent bit, and in that world rui is likely scum

and since the wagons are basically equal, you're probably deciding right now where compromise votes are gonna go

so i think you should stick with rui, who was your instinct like a week ago
103-11 0-2
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 4:04 pm

Post by skitter30 »

yeah my gut said that was a good vote at the time, that's really why i voted there; i had no other reason for it

i feel like a sash compromise wagon is more likely to happen than a rui one given people's stated preferences and i really dont' like the idea of no-lynching and i'm kinda v/la on fridays and i don't know how much i'll be following tomorrow before deadline and i don't want my vote to make it a bajillion times harder to make a lynch happen

also high risk gamble pulled out some of the original rui votes in his catchup and looking at them again ... they're just meh; it's not a very compelling wagon
Show
Hiatus once more.

u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 4:09 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

on the other hand rui is a terrific compromise wagon.

An argument can't be made for why the slot is town
The slot is going to have to be sorted eventually

and most importantly, you think sash is town
103-11 0-2
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 4:17 pm

Post by skitter30 »

lack of being town is a fallacious argument for voting someone
(and it's scummy that you're pushing this and we should really be voting u but whatever at this point in the day)

on balance i feel like sash is a better compromise wagon

(both in terms of likelihood to happen + i'm kinda gut-town on rui whereas sash i just don't think is scum; which is not at all the same thing as thinking he's town. he made a few townie posts, sure, but none of the reasons people are scumreading him are good and holistically he's like .... null)
Show
Hiatus once more.

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2019 6:51 pm

Post by Garmr »

VOTE: Sashadin
tris
tris