Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:11 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 2, mhsmith0 wrote:216 - town win, 15/4, 5 survived
IC, JOAT (commuter/cop/disloyal vig), N2/3 rolestopper, 2-shot loyal fruit vendor, multitasking joat (bg/jk/motion detector/rb/tracker/voyeur) x2, ascetic disloyal ninja babysitter
against multitasking joat (same as the town role), n1 motion detector, informed (of what???), goon
(also no daytalk)
Informed of that:
Modifiers:Informed:You know that at least one other mafia power role(not Goon) is also present as town power role(without the factional abilities). You know that there is no Role Cop, Vanilla Cop or Neapolitan. These informations are redacted upon your flip.
which reminds me that I forgot to correct something...
Informed Even-Night Bulletproof Odd-Night VigilanteAbilities:
Kill:You may attempt to kill another player.
Modifiers:Even-Night Bulletproof:You cannot be killed on even numbered nights.
Informed:You know that
[NAME]
started the game as Town Universal Backup.
This information is redacted upon your flip.

Odd-Night:You can only use your abilities on even numbered nights.
Win Conditions:
You win if all enemies of the town are eliminated or nothing can stop this from happening.

Oops. Will make a full post when you have finished looking at balance. (this should not affect it because that is already the Normal rule for Informed)
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:58 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 6, Performer wrote:11 vts
town universal backup
Informed Even-Night Bulletproof Odd-Night Vigilante
Odd-Night Bulletproof Even-Night Vigilante

vs

2 activated commuters
activated commuter & nights 1-2 cop
commuter enabler traitor
Balance has indeed been difficult to manage.
The base in 13 p games is roughly 3 good PR's against 3 goons.
Here, we have more townies(14 instead of 10) but also one more Traitor.
Why does the mafia have more PR's? Because I felt the need to balance the Town power.
The Backup is confirmed town to the Odd Vig - they won't die by vig Night 1.
The vigs are Bulletproof on the nights they can not kill:
- they can not kill each other.
- If all TPR's are alive at any point, and are trusted in a massclaim then the Mafia cannot stop them from attacking 3 more people.
- The Mafia has to be careful to protect the traitor. The Cop is not only a tool to find it but also a hint that a dead traitor might not be desirable.
The Traitor is probably the most swingy and difficult role in the game. If they get lynched or killed their team has no more powers left - except the nightkill. This decreases the Mafia power.
It is true, however, that I didn't take WIFOM into account - mainly because
-people try to outguess the mods at their own peril(instead of going scumhunting)
-unlike vigs, who cannot be Mafia(yes they could be fakeclaiming SK's but that's something that doesn't lead to a lynch early), commuters can be anti-town.
-you can't know what they will guess anyways...
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:10 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 10, mhsmith0 wrote:Notes/thoughts

1) The scum cop makes it MUCH likelier that they will be able to find their traitor, or at least create a decent list of people
who are NOT the traitor, and that really cuts down the odds that scum accidentally shoot the traitor (n1 cop = green, shoot them n2, etc)
This doens't QUITE make it the equivalent of a true 14/4... but it makes it a whole lot closer.
True, however, that doesn't apply Night 1. And every copping makes another mafia member vulnerable to vig(see below).

2) Can the commuter/cop use the cop while commuting? My intuition is "no" but this needs to be clear.
Ditto whether a particular scum can commute+night kill at same time. My suggestion: change the commute language to
Commute: You cannot be targeted by any means. You may not take any other actions while using this ability.
KEY NOTE: if wolves CAN commute+act otherwise, then the setup is pretty trolly, as vigs can ONLY shoot townies and the whole thing becomes "does the traitor
die and remove the commuting"
These changes should be unnecessary, unless I remember something wrong.
The Mafia can definitely not use active actions and a nightkill on the same night, per the current Normal game rules, because they are not Multitasking.
Unless I read the Normal rules wrong, hybrid roles can also only use one action per night(either commute, cop, or nightkill in this scenario)

3) Overall this setup is EXTREMELY swingy on the fate of the traitor. So long as he lives, the scum are very nearly immune to dying at night, and the vigs
are profoundly damaging to town (though they can't kill each other)
Due to the mechanics explained above, just one of four scum is immune if they use cop and Nightkill, two of four if they use one of it, and three of four if they all, except the traitor, commute.

Proscum scenario
D1 vt lynch
N1 2 townies die
D2 vt lynch
N2 2 townies die
D3 vt lynch
N3 2 townies die

It's POSSIBLE (though very unlikely) that MYLO/LYLO happens on d4.
Yeah theoretically. In the course of this, scum never shot a Bulletproof when they were Bulletproof, and 6 townies were eliminated by lynch/vig already. And town didn't lose already. If all town power roles are alive(not that likely) then scum isn't even in a very good situation - a massclaim will uncover three solid townies and just two possible town lynches - unless scum counterclaim then it's 1v1(not better, and if they lose it then they have still a noticable chance to lose). If all three power roles are alive and claimed then 4v4 would not 100% be a scum win(after all, the Mafia win condition is elimination+survival, not parity.).

Protown scenario
D1 vt lynch
N1 2 townies die
D2 vt lynch
N2 townie + traitor die

9/3, with 2 vigs, a basically cleared town (backup), and a bunch of scum who are extremely vulnerable at night

That said, i'm pretty sure plenty of towns could crap out at 9/3 with 3 prs against 3 goons so... lolol

4) I read the odd/even bp as being FULLY bulletproof, i.e. if they're shot by vig AND scum, then they still live. If this is wrong, role PMs need to be clarified.
This isn't wrong, and one more townsided mechanic.

5) I tend to think it's mildly wolfsided, in large part because of how OP the traitor role is, and how scum have substantial protection against accidentally
killing their traitor early on.
SUGGESTION: adjust the traitor role, so that it stops enabling the commuting at some point (after n3 seems okayish off the cuff, i.e. it enables results through n3, but n4+ the commuting stops [maybe work thorugh n4, then n5+ it stops?])

I forget if it's normal for a mafia commuter enabler traitor to be build to STOP enabling the commuting at some point, but if that's reasonable, then I'd be somewhat inclined to roll wtih that
I guess an alternative would be to turn one of the mafia into a goon, so that the traitor has a bit less power, but I'm not sure that really goes in line with your intentions here.
What you are saying isn't normal, changing the Commuters to N1-4 Activated Commuters would have the same effect, however, and be normal. However, I would like to see your reactions to my clarifications before proceeding to change roles.
I gave answers to this in my mod color in the quote.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:27 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 12, Performer wrote:Regarding hybrid roles in normal queue - from what I recall, northsidegal had a hybrid tracker follower role and that role could do both abilities at night.
If that's the interpretation of the Normal rules then I'd rather get rid of the cop, and give one of the Mafia an information(with the modifier Informed) that their traitor is a Commuter Enabler.

--------
In post 10, mhsmith0 wrote:SUGGESTION: adjust the traitor role, so that it stops enabling the commuting at some point (after n3 seems okayish off the cuff, i.e. it enables results through n3, but n4+ the commuting stops [maybe work thorugh n4, then n5+ it stops?])

I forget if it's normal for a mafia commuter enabler traitor to be build to STOP enabling the commuting at some point, but if that's reasonable, then I'd be somewhat inclined to roll wtih that
I guess an alternative would be to turn one of the mafia into a goon, so that the traitor has a bit less power, but I'm not sure that really goes in line with your intentions here.
I've not heard of any role that has a modifier limit of stopping enabling at some point...like a nights 1-4 commuter enabler traitor for example. That sounds to me like the n1-n2 cop/activated commuter mafia role in terms of a modifier for certain nights. No objections from me..

However....

My worry about the role of Commuter Enabler Traitor, if it ends up being changed to N1-N4 Commuter Enabler Traitor - is that normal for the teamed scum to not be informed though? Like the scum team doesn't have to know anything in their role description like "there exists a traitor who can enable your commute ability for specifically n1-n4" - not sure if the teamed scum have to know about it in this case.
I'm just worried that if they don't know about it and keep commuting instead of killing, then post game players might complain that it was unfair along the lines of "wait a minute, if they knew about that commute enabling modifier on the traitor ending by n4, they would've just killed instead and that could've changed the game."
I said this before, but the better idea is to give each Mafia commuter the Night 1-4 modifier. I have run some borderline normal games, but this modifier on that role will not be included. It's a not reasonably expectable and unannounced disabling of abilities. That's, with the current Normal Game expectations,
a bastard mechanic
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 15, Performer wrote:I think it's what the role's intent and description are. Like a Town Tracker Follower - nsg said she wanted to make that a hybrid role so whoever the role targeted, could get track and follow results. So for the mafia cop+commuter , I think you just have to specify in the role description what you want to do. From what I've seen, it's up to the setup designer of what they intend for roles that have multiple abilities.
Well the Normal Game page has this:
Roles may be hybrid roles, consisting of multiple roles, for instance, a Vigilante Cop. Such a role with multiple active abilities can use any one of its roles each night, and may have modifiers that apply to just one of its roles or to the entire hybrid role.
and I don't understand it. "can use any one of its roles" doesn't make sense.
Either it's: can use any of its roles each night
or: can use one of its roles each night
or: can use any/one of its roles each night(depending on mod choice)
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:48 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

Backup Mod:Micc
Size:18 players
Setup:
11 Vanilla Townies

Vanilla TownieAbilities:
You have no abilities other than your voice and your vote.
Win Conditions:
You win if all enemies of the town are eliminated or nothing can stop this from happening.

1 Odd-Night Bulletproof Even-Night Vigilante

Odd-Night Bulletproof Even-Night VigilanteAbilities:
Modifiers:Odd-Night Bulletproof:You cannot be killed on odd numbered nights.
Even-Night:You can only use your abilities on even numbered nights.
Win Conditions:

1 Informed Even-Night Bulletproof Odd-Night Vigilante

[NAME]
started the game as Town Universal Backup. This information will be redacted upon your flip.
Odd-Night:You can only use your abilities on even numbered nights.
Win Conditions:

1 Town Universal Backup

Town Universal BackupAbilities:
Town Universal Backup:You replace the first power role of the town that dies.
Win Conditions:

2 Mafia Activated Night 1-4 Commuter

Mafia Activated Night 1-4 CommuterAbilities:
Commute: You cannot be targeted by any means.
Modifiers:Activated:This ability is not passive.
Night 1-4:You can only use your ability on Night 1, Night 2, Night 3 and Night 4.
Factional Communication: Each night and day phase, you may talk to your group here [
LINK
].
Factional Kill: Each night phase, you may send a member of your group to target another player in the game, attempting to kill them.
Win Conditions:
You win if all enemies of the Mafia are eliminated and at least one Mafia survives or nothing can stop this from happening.

1 Mafia (Activated Night 1-4 Commuter)/(Night 1-2 Cop)

1 Mafia (Activated Night 1-4 Commuter)/(Night 1-2 Cop)Abilities:
Activated Night 1-4 Commute: You cannot be targeted by any means. This ability is not passive. You can only use this ability on Night 1, Night 2, Night 3 and Night 4.
Night 1-2 Investigate: On Night 1 and Night 2, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive a result of "Town", "Anti-town", or "No Result".
Factional Communication: Each night and day phase, you may talk to your group here [
LINK
].
Factional Kill: Each night phase, you may send a member of your group to target another player in the game, attempting to kill them.
Win Conditions:
You win if all enemies of the Mafia are eliminated and at least one Mafia survives or nothing can stop this from happening.

1 Mafia Commuter Enabler Traitor

Mafia Commuter Enabler TraitorAbilities:
Traitor:You assist the Mafia, who are [
NAME; NAME; NAME
] They are informed that a traitor exists in game. By default, they don't know your name. You lose if you are the only member of the Mafia alive.
Commuter Enabler:When you die all Commuters are disabled.
Win Conditions:
Not Known 15 wrote:Welcome to my Large Normal.

Rules:
1.Follow the Site Rules. This includes not talking about ongoing games.
2.You may have access to private threads (e.g. Mafia factional chat); you can talk about this game there, but you may not quote anything from them outside of the PT. You may not quote any game-related PMs without express permission by your game mod.
3.Play to win this game.
4.Lurking: You will be prodded after 2 days of no substantial contribution(no prod dodging). After 24 hours of an unanswered prod I will search for a replacement(unless V/LA). Four prods in total, or two prods in one day will result in an instant replacement. ASK FOR REPLACEMENT IN A PM.
5.Vacation/Limited Access: Tell me when you are going to have limited access. If you have limited access, you will still count as having a prod after 3 days, and you will be instantly replaced after 5 days in total.
6.Weekend: For the purposes of prods and nights, Sunday and Saturday count as 12 hours each.
7.CHEATING:Cheating(breaking site rules, posting while dead, quoting Role PM's without explicit permission, encrypting posts without explicit permission, editing/deleting posts without explicit permission) is forbidden. Don't do it.
Setup information:

8.Length of day phases: Day 1: 14 days
Day 2+:10 days
Day 3+:7 days
9.Length of nights: 2 days

10. Lynching:A lynch necessiates more than 50% of all possible votes. You may vote for No Lynch. A No Lynch needs 50% of all possible votes.

11:Hammer:As soon as the required number of people for a Lynch or NoLynch is reached, the game descends into Twilight.
12:Twilight:Alive people, including the hammered lynch target, may continue to post until the flip.
13:Flip: After the flip, if there is no one to replace, the game descends into Night.
If there is a replacement, the game will be locked(do not post). The game descends into Night after the lynch.
14:Daychat: Every evil faction has daychat.
15:Natural Action Resolution applies. Same priority cycles are resolved by making all actions of the same priority fail(e.g.Roleblocker vs Roleblocker, only both roleblocks fail).
16:Color, Backup Mod color and Vanilla Role PM:
Vanilla TownieAbilities:
Win Conditions:

At least one person recieved this Role PM.

This is my color
:(#BF8080). Do not use it.
This color is used by my backup mod.[color](#004080). Do not use it either.
17:Breaking rules can result in any kind of punishment. Do not break the rules.
18:I may add additional rules at my discretion. I will tell everyone via PM if this happens.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:52 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Please respond.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:42 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

The rule posts below have been part of this since the beginning of the review(with small changes due to your suggestion)...

Backup Mod:Micc
Size:18 players
Setup:
11 Vanilla Townies

Vanilla TownieAbilities:
Win Conditions:

1 Odd-Night Bulletproof Even-Night Vigilante

Odd-Night Bulletproof Even-Night VigilanteAbilities:
Abilities:
Even-Night Kill: You may attempt to kill another player. You may only use this ability on even numbered nights.
Odd-Night Bulletproof: You cannot be killed on odd numbered nights.
Win Conditions:

1 Informed Even-Night Bulletproof Odd-Night Vigilante

Odd-Night Kill:You may attempt to kill another player. You may only use this ability on even numbered nights.
[NAME]
started the game as Town Universal Backup. This information will be redacted upon your flip.
Win Conditions:

1 Town Universal Backup

Town Universal BackupAbilities:
Town Universal Backup:You replace the first power role of the town that dies.
Win Conditions:

2 Mafia Activated Night 1-4 Commuter

Mafia Activated Night 1-4 CommuterAbilities:
Activated Night 1-4 Commute: You cannot be targeted by any means. This ability is not passive. You can only use this ability on Night 1, Night 2, Night 3 and Night 4.
LINK
].
Win Conditions:

1 Mafia (Activated Night 1-4 Commuter)/(Night 1-2 Cop)

1 Mafia (Activated Night 1-4 Commuter)/(Night 1-2 Cop)Abilities:
Night 1-2 Investigate: On Night 1 and Night 2, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive a result of "Town", "Anti-town", or "No Result".
LINK
].
Win Conditions:

1 Mafia Commuter Enabler Traitor

Mafia Commuter Enabler TraitorAbilities:
Traitor:You assist the Mafia, who are [
NAME; NAME; NAME
] They are informed that a traitor exists in game. By default, they don't know your name. You lose if you are the only member of the Mafia alive.
Commuter Enabler:When you die all Commuters are disabled.
Win Conditions:
Not Known 15 wrote:Welcome to my Large Normal.

Rules:
1.Follow the Site Rules. This includes not talking about ongoing games.
2.You may have access to private threads (e.g. Mafia factional chat); you can talk about this game there, but you may not quote anything from them outside of the PT. You may not quote any game-related PMs without express permission by your game mod.
3.Play to win this game.
4.Lurking: You will be prodded after 2 days of no substantial contribution(no prod dodging). After 24 hours of an unanswered prod I will search for a replacement(unless V/LA). Four prods in total, or two prods in one day will result in an instant replacement. ASK FOR REPLACEMENT IN A PM.
5.Vacation/Limited Access: Tell me when you are going to have limited access. If you have limited access, you will still count as having a prod after 3 days, and you will be instantly replaced after 5 days in total.
6.Weekend: For the purposes of prods and nights, Sunday and Saturday count as 12 hours each.
7.CHEATING:Cheating(breaking site rules, posting while dead, quoting Role PM's without explicit permission, encrypting posts without explicit permission, editing/deleting posts without explicit permission) is forbidden. Don't do it.
Setup information:

8.Length of day phases: Day 1: 14 days
Day 2+:10 days
Day 3+:7 days
9.Length of nights: 2 days

10. Lynching:A lynch necessiates more than 50% of all possible votes. You may vote for No Lynch. A No Lynch needs 50% of all possible votes.

11:Hammer:As soon as the required number of people for a Lynch or NoLynch is reached, the game descends into Twilight.
12:Twilight:Alive people, including the hammered lynch target, may continue to post until the flip.
13:Flip: After the flip, if there is no one to replace, the game descends into Night.
If there is a replacement, the game will be locked(do not post). The game descends into Night after the lynch.
14:Daychat: Every evil faction has daychat by default. Everyone else has no daychat by default.
15:Natural Action Resolution applies. Same priority cycles are resolved by making all actions of the same priority fail(e.g.Roleblocker vs Roleblocker, only both roleblocks fail).
16:Simultaneous actions: By default, no one can use more than one ability per night.
17:Color, Backup Mod color and Vanilla Role PM:
Vanilla TownieAbilities:
Win Conditions:

At least one person recieved this Role PM.

This is my color
:(#BF8080). Do not use it.
This color is used by my backup mod.[color](#004080). Do not use it either.
18:Breaking rules can result in any kind of punishment. Do not break the rules.
19:I may add additional rules at my discretion. I will tell everyone via PM if this happens.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #8) » Sun May 05, 2019 5:55 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Please leave feedback.

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”