Newbie 1925 - Game Over

zeebu
Goon

Pronoun: He

Post Post #16  (isolation #0)  » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:50 pm

"it was my understanding there would be no math."

VOTE: theasc

if i change that to maths i think chevy chase would be disappointed.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #17  (isolation #1)  » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:52 pm

In post 13, TTTT wrote:I like where this is going...

VOTE: Sash
L-1

If you vote for Sash he will be lynched
don't do this yet

why take the vote to L-1 and then also say, hey, dont add another vote. i agree with the not adding another vote, i just dont know why taking it to L-1 is appropriate

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #27  (isolation #2)  » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:33 pm

In post 19, TTTT wrote:the only way to lynch scum is to first get them to L-1
but it's not helpful to end the day this soon

and the only way to mislynch so early is by getting someone to L-1 as well. for the reason asc said below it seems like bad mojo toeing that line when only half the folks have posted at all

In post 24, TheASC wrote:I saw that in my last game - town hammered the jailkeeper without declaring intent before they had a chance to claim.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #30  (isolation #3)  » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:43 pm

In post 29, JPD wrote:VOTE: theASC

I'm slightly offended you think anyone could be so stupid.
I kinda wish someone had hammered though. That'd have to be some sort of record and I, for one, would be happy to be in the mafia hall of fame.

22.2% chance of fame 77.7% shame

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #58  (isolation #4)  » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:20 am

I’ve played mafia in real life, the one where you shuffle a normal deck of cards and the face cards or whatnot are mafia.

I’ve also played forum mafia but it was on a forum for a different game and was no where near what this site likely is.

As far as an avatar, I like dumptrucks

I will do my best to keep my activity up during the weekend but it’s more difficult. My one year old is exhausting and any time he sees a phone or computer he thinks it’s time to talk to Gigi or pops

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #91  (isolation #5)  » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:40 am

In post 90, TheASC wrote:Sorry for the poke, hopefully I'll be more active over the next few days. I guess that's the problem with having so many reactionary players - It's easier to build on someone else's post than it is to start something new.

In post 88, TTTT wrote:
In post 60, TTTT wrote:@ZestofLife
@zeebu

if you had to choose the most likely scum player right now
who?

I'm just waiting for this

Why specifically those two? Is it for their inactivity? Arithmancer has posted less than those two, and Schia and I have been away for just as long.

i think hes asking us for our reads

mild scum lean on arith for post 54. several had already stated this (including myself) and general agreement that it probably wasnt likely to happen anyway. i dont think it needed to be said again.

sorry for the lack of posting on the weekend, i should have tried to find a computer. i spend a good portion of my weekdays tied to my desk so i expect a large jump in my activity starting now.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #98  (isolation #6)  » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:04 pm

In post 92, ZestOfLife wrote:Sorry for not posting I forgot about this game (pls don't be mad at me).

In post 91, zeebu wrote:
In post 90, TheASC wrote:Sorry for the poke, hopefully I'll be more active over the next few days. I guess that's the problem with having so many reactionary players - It's easier to build on someone else's post than it is to start something new.

In post 88, TTTT wrote:
@zeebu

who?

Why specifically those two? Is it for their inactivity? Arithmancer has posted less than those two, and Schia and I have been away for just as long.

mild scum lean on arith for post 54. several had already stated this (including myself) and general agreement that it probably wasnt likely to happen anyway. i dont think it needed to be said again.

sorry for the lack of posting on the weekend, i should have tried to find a computer. i spend a good portion of my weekdays tied to my desk so i expect a large jump in my activity starting now.

Honestly this read looks weak and something which scum would post just so that they can just reply to a question (in this case to TTTT) since you bring this up only after TTTT asks you about your scumreads and not before? What makes Arithmancer's any different from other people who posted on the same thing including yourself?

VOTE: zeebu

he asked a question and i called it like i see it. as far as not saying it before, was i supposed to? its my first time on these forums, im trying to learn how to play on here. do you always post something immediately once you have an inkling or do you withhold for a while to try and gather something slightly more concrete? honest question

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #108  (isolation #7)  » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:25 pm

What do you mean by dip?

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #111  (isolation #8)  » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:41 pm

I’ve been active all day, it would probably be fair to say that most of today’s posts haven’t made a lot of contribution. I appreciate everyone answering my questions, though.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #113  (isolation #9)  » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:49 pm

In post 106, Schiavetto wrote:
In post 93, TTTT wrote:I liked zeebu's answer a lot more than Zest's answer

Tbh I'm kind of the opposite--zeebu's response felt more like "Lemme answer your question then dip" whereas ZoL follows up with a worthwhile question of his own. Of the two responses, his is the more generative one.

Gonna shift here bc I don't see us getting anything more out of the Sashwagon.
VOTE: zeebu

so what did you think of my read on arith? i assume you disagree?

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #117  (isolation #10)  » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:24 pm

if pressed, a bit scummy tbh. he seems really on board with my towniness, which is nice i guess, but saying it enough starts to rub the wrong way. especially since he seems to be the only one being vocal about it right now.

he is trying to direct the action a bit, it helps to progress the game, but it seems like hes the one driving

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #118  (isolation #11)  » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:27 pm

you know what VOTE: TTTT

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #120  (isolation #12)  » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:48 pm

he seems sort of eager to finish the first day, whether that means hes scum or has a night action, i have no idea there. probably he just wants to see the game progress.

honestly sort of a town lean though, he seems accusatory enough of basically everyone, not trying to hide at all. he also came in guns blazing saying to lynch sasha straight away. i know he was joking but still, just doesnt seem like someone trying to blend in with the crowd

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #121  (isolation #13)  » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:49 pm

im guessing im doing this wrong since ive only given opinions when prompted.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #144  (isolation #14)  » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:44 am

In post 133, teacher wrote:
In post 120, zeebu wrote:he seems sort of eager to finish the first day, whether that means hes scum or has a night action, i have no idea there. probably he just wants to see the game progress.

honestly sort of a town lean though, he seems accusatory enough of basically everyone, not trying to hide at all. he also came in guns blazing saying to lynch sasha straight away. i know he was joking but still, just doesnt seem like someone trying to blend in with the crowd

1. Dont give your PR suspicions in thread.

2. Why do you say JPD is eager to finish the day?

1. there are a lot of rules here that i dont understand i guess.

2. joking or not, he said he was open to the idea of lynching almost immediately.

i went on to say i dont get that bad a vibe from him.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #146  (isolation #15)  » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:51 am

In post 129, teacher wrote:
In post 91, zeebu wrote:

In post 88, TTTT wrote:
@zeebu

who?

This is actually my strongest scumread.

First, theres a bit of oddity in the language: "I think hes asking us for our reads". TTTT's question isnt ambiguous - he is indeed asking for your reads. This line, though arguably responsive to ASC, simply strikes me as tonally off.

Second, I dont get the scum read of arith from 54, if not the others that repeated the same point. Indeed, Arith's 54 on the whole gave me town vibes, even if it was flogging a dead horse. Such was the gamestate at the time.

Third, Im curious about the appearance of an avatar different from the one provided from someone who didnt seem graphically inclined.

VOTE: Zeebu

what do you mean arguably? i think it was obvious what i meant there. to me it seemed like tttt was asking zest and i for our reads in the game so far. asc read it as tttt asking the thread to get reads on us i think. not sure what was ambiguous about what i said. in that case 'he' would refer to tttt and 'our' would refer to zest and myself.

as far as the read on arith, it no longer seems incredibly relevant since they havent posted since then. i agree with your statement, beating a dead horse, so keyed in on that. clearly arith instead took off and never responded.

and as far as the avatars go, i appreciate you finding me a dumptruck. i typically play with avatars and pictures off and just show text. i forgot that i had another avatar already ready to go from a different forum (where i also have them turned off)

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #151  (isolation #16)  » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:38 am

In post 137, teacher wrote:Teacher
JPD
Schiavetto
Sashaddin

if i had to guess, this is sort of a list of town to scum leans with scum on the bottom, right? is it tiered or actually in a row? i see myself on the bottom and whatever, that is fine, but also the 2 people i have posted reads on being scummy are down there with me. you dont agree with anything ive said but then you stack those guys on the bottom with me?

if thats not how this is meant to be read, sorry.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #162  (isolation #17)  » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:54 am

How I got my avatar?

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #165  (isolation #18)  » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:14 am

In post 163, TTTT wrote:he's hinting that maybe your scum buddy picked it out for you
I think...

Oh, interesting. I guess I wasn’t clear earlier. It’s from a totally different forum that supports a spaceship game that came out in the late 90s. It’s my avatar on there.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #166  (isolation #19)  » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:15 am

In post 164, TTTT wrote:zeebu
vote Zest with me
you won't regret it

Why’s that?

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #172  (isolation #20)  » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:57 pm

In post 168, TTTT wrote:
In post 166, zeebu wrote:
In post 164, TTTT wrote:zeebu
vote Zest with me
you won't regret it

Why’s that?

cuz it's better than voting town

In post 170, TTTT wrote:^that slot is 100% town so no newbie should be afraid about jumping in and replacing at this point in time

im clearly not following. vote zest cause its better than voting town and follow that up with zest's spot being 100% town.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #182  (isolation #21)  » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:23 pm

is it something that i am supposed to do or someone else?

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #184  (isolation #22)  » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:31 pm

even though tttt had been the loudest voice in my favor, i think he also stands the most to gain if i am mislynched on day 1

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #215  (isolation #23)  » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:22 am

is it fair to say that the general consensus is that one of either tttt or i are likely to be scum?

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #219  (isolation #24)  » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:31 am

In post 216, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 215, zeebu wrote:is it fair to say that the general consensus is that one of either tttt or i are likely to be scum?

Both scum: 20%
TTTT scum only: 10%
Zeebu scum only: 50%
Both town: 20%

I can see a scenario where TTTT would be your mate, but I'm pretty sure he isn't scum if you're not. Other will have different anwers I guess,

if i were to get hammered right now and turn up town, next actions/thoughts?

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #220  (isolation #25)  » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:31 am

thought i would guess that would really depend on the person handing int he final vote

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #238  (isolation #26)  » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:51 pm

alright, now im sensing some distancing between clarity and tttt. something about their interactions, unless just retaliatory, hit a chord with me. im still safely under the gun at the moment, so a vote on tttt is certainly a safe move and doubles as allowing cc to get a vote down (as asc pointed out) with little consequence since it doesnt really do anything for the game.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #239  (isolation #27)  » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:53 pm

In post 236, ClearlyClarity wrote:
In post 233, TheASC wrote:Also, I'm not too keen on this question, considering zeebu was at the time (and is currently) voting TTTT.

My excuse here is less justifiable :? . I posted my zeebu analysis before my response to Schiva's post about the vote spread, so I had not fully registered that zeebu had voted for TTTT. I read the vote itself but I forgot to incorporate it in my question to zeebu's 184. I also operated under the assumption that zeebu would flip town despite my scumreading him because I was still reeling from the result of something I cannot talk about right now, so I'd written my question with scum!TTTT and town-acting-scummy!zeebu in mind. Serves me right for trying to catch up at 3am in the morning. :lol:

everything about this seems off

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #243  (isolation #28)  » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:59 pm

And when I turn up town?

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #264  (isolation #29)  » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:13 am

In post 263, teacher wrote:
In post 260, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 248, JPD wrote:what he thought it could do for us and why it was worth jumping on a wagon he didn't agree with.

Some associatives or dissociative depending on the player that hammers or jumps off. Some players have bad reflexes/instincts.
I mostly agreed with the wagon, just not wholeheartedly.

This was actually not mine, but interesting. Mine was more about zeebus response and a way to get a better read on those on the wagon.

did i give the response you were looking for?

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #270  (isolation #30)  » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:53 am

In post 268, teacher wrote:
In post 161, teacher wrote:I don’t mind that he rejected my choice. I have questions about how he got it.

In post 165, zeebu wrote:
In post 163, TTTT wrote:he's hinting that maybe your scum buddy picked it out for you
I think...

Oh, interesting. I guess I wasn’t clear earlier. It’s from a totally different forum that supports a spaceship game that came out in the late 90s. It’s my avatar on there.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #272  (isolation #31)  » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:44 am

In post 271, teacher wrote:Thanks for noticing TTTT had asked that exact question AND had it answered before.

what do you mean?

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #277  (isolation #32)  » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:46 pm

kentucky so est

when i can through the day and evening

i try to keep up and read on the phone but posting on it is a lot tougher. posting in general is tough, i have a sprained thumb and the brace im wearing makes typing a bunch frustrating

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #280  (isolation #33)  » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:00 pm

In post 272, zeebu wrote:
In post 271, teacher wrote:Thanks for noticing TTTT had asked that exact question AND had it answered before.

what do you mean?

really, though. i have no idea what you were trying to say with this post.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #290  (isolation #34)  » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:23 pm

In post 282, teacher wrote:Rather, I was thanking you for pointing that out

then what about the part where you asked me where i got the avatar again after i had already explained it

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #292  (isolation #35)  » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:32 pm

nopt sure why that matters all that much, but its called trench wars, it is a zone in the game subspace

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #307  (isolation #36)  » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:15 pm

Lol

If you notice, it’s been christmasized too. That was from a few years ago we all christmased up the avatars

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #309  (isolation #37)  » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:43 pm

I have no idea what everyone’s avatars are, I have them turned off

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #332  (isolation #38)  » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:05 am

In post 329, TTTT wrote:
In post 326, TTTT wrote:TTTT (2) - zeebu, ClearlyClairty

@Zeebu
your vote on me is from (reasons given in )
but you never try to push my lynch directly
was weird coming from town who isn't really pushing his SR
in you say you are "sensing some distancing between clarity and tttt"
other than that nothing pushing others to vote for me
or any re-evaluations of your read on me
like I've posted a billion times this game but you aren't replying to me like you think I'm scum

i sort of assumed others would start to hop on the votes once everyone started finding you on the scummier end of their totem poles.

i liked your previous post on schiavetto though, especially pointing to the part about vetto (trying out a new nick) asking everyone to choose someone else. now that you said it i can see how you can push the final part of that narrative about schiavetto and i working together. its not accurate, but i can see it.

as far as reevaluating my original read on you, maybe a little. the fact that youve come up on the scum radar with so many but still with little game progression as a whole is a point in your favor i think.

we need to hear more from asc and we definitely need to hear... literally anything... from wilky.

sasha hasnt done anything of substance since unvoting me and even then still holding on to the cryptic response. i think he needs to spill the beans since it can only help town at this point.

clearlyclarity has probably leapfrogged to my strongest scumread. aside from not posting for a bit for personal reasons, the last real post had a 'pissed off' vibe to it.

so far i havent found anything particularly scummy about jpd and teacher. JPDs has had a vote on sash for a while and teacher just threw a vote on wilky for a push for activity i guess.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #334  (isolation #39)  » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:36 am

bah, sorry teacher, inability to read. your vote is on shasha now.

VOTE: clearlyclarity

might as well back up what i said with a vote

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #335  (isolation #40)  » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:40 am

dont mind me, waffling on who to vote for. this is probably the best way to get a deeper explanation on what sasha was waiting for

VOTE: sasha

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #404  (isolation #41)  » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:59 pm

Hey guys, sorry. Had family in town for the weekend. Also tiger tiger tiger woods y’all.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #405  (isolation #42)  » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:12 pm

In post 402, teacher wrote:@TTTT, sorry to disappoint, but Ive got no gamesolve to offer. This town better get its poop in a group. I have multiple slots not asking questions, multiple ones not answering the ones asked, and multiple ones not following up. Its one of the more disjointed games Ive been a part of.

Im willing to join most lynches. JPD, Schiavetto, and TTTT are my never lynch pile, which is normally larger than this by now. Im inclined to give Sasha a day pass despite my current vote, because my vibes are mostly meta which is weak.

Zeebu -- while I dont like how easy the wagon was to get on you, I also dont like how it stalled out at L-1. It would help if I could find ANY scumhunting in your iso -- you never follow up on , , . Nor do you investigate TTTT with questions or actively push him. Nor do you provide town reads. What would you say you have done to advance the game?

I already have pending questions to ASC (Schia) and Clearly (JPD's). I need something from Wilky. But those four are my ideal lynch pool.

Why am I the one getting fingered for not following up when the onus should be on the person answering? Honestly, I haven’t done a ton to advance the game. I probably jumped on this forum a little earlier than I should have. First game in this environment. As far as the inactivity, weekends are difficult for me, I find myself with the most time during my work day. I’m stuck posting from my phone now and putting together complex posts is hard from here. I’ll try to do my best to become more vocal going forward. I’m going to go over this tonight and try to come up with something that has more substance first thing in the morning

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #427  (isolation #43)  » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:09 am

In post 422, teacher wrote:
In post 405, zeebu wrote:Why am I the one getting fingered for not following up when the onus should be on the person answering?

Because it makes it seem like you don’t care about the answer - that you’re doing it to “look” towny rather than actually find information. If you cared about it, you’d push for answers like TTTT and Schiavetto have both done this game.

though when asked a direct question i address it. i feel that anyone who ignores or evades a question is worse.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #428  (isolation #44)  » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:12 am

In post 402, teacher wrote:@TTTT, sorry to disappoint, but Ive got no gamesolve to offer. This town better get its poop in a group. I have multiple slots not asking questions, multiple ones not answering the ones asked, and multiple ones not following up. Its one of the more disjointed games Ive been a part of.

Im willing to join most lynches. JPD, Schiavetto, and TTTT are my never lynch pile, which is normally larger than this by now. Im inclined to give Sasha a day pass despite my current vote, because my vibes are mostly meta which is weak.

Zeebu -- while I dont like how easy the wagon was to get on you, I also dont like how it stalled out at L-1. It would help if I could find ANY scumhunting in your iso -- you never follow up on , , . Nor do you investigate TTTT with questions or actively push him. Nor do you provide town reads. What would you say you have done to advance the game?

I already have pending questions to ASC (Schia) and Clearly (JPD's). I need something from Wilky. But those four are my ideal lynch pool.

what were the other alternatives to stalling out on L-1? hammering it home?

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #430  (isolation #45)  » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:27 am

In post 429, teacher wrote:just FYI, you can snip a part of a post by highlighting just the part you want to talk about and then hitting quote.

that is good to know, thanks.

from the way i see it, it stalled on L-1 because it was early enough that no town felt comfortable hammering, especially since i dont know what im doing, and assuming at least one of the scum was out there, hammering me would have only made them look bad once i flipped town.

like you said, this is a rather slow game. i havent been helping that situation, i know. weekend activity level and general experience level havent been real strong points in my favor.

when zest was still here, he was put a vote on me and when wilky finally showed up, i was then being read as town. wilky, what convinced you that zest's original thoughts were incorrect and now i am town to you? was there a post that i made to convince you of that or everyone had hopped off that wagon and it was a good time to follow?

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #431  (isolation #46)  » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:41 am

In post 412, ClearlyClarity wrote:Ended up playing Don't Starve Together and forgot about mafia, but I don't feel terribly bad. I'm about as invested in this game as everyone else is.

In post 413, ClearlyClarity wrote:Hosting an AMA now in the time I have left :lol:

these both strike me as a person just waiting for it to fall.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #437  (isolation #47)  » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:08 am

In post 436, TTTT wrote::cry:
I thought zeebu was still here

hello, soldier

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #439  (isolation #48)  » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:16 am

In post 438, TTTT wrote:if this flips town I'm lynching you tomorrow zeebs

that seems rude. also, isnt it still on L-1? unless you unvoted and theres your revote, you were already on CC

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #442  (isolation #49)  » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:35 am

did i pass the test or ruin the results since i noticed quickly?

also, TTTT, was your comment about lynching me real or another fishing attempt to see who would pile on? if A, i dont understand. if B, oops.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #446  (isolation #50)  » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:48 am

In post 445, teacher wrote:
In post 334, zeebu wrote:bah, sorry teacher, inability to read. your vote is on shasha now.

VOTE: clearlyclarity

might as well back up what i said with a vote

@zeebu, I can’t really speak on the test since it wasn’t mine to begin with. But we REALLy need an intent and you’ve been playing all day without mechanically moving the game. Kindly intent or explain why you won’t?

to get down to it, i was planning on announcing intent around 4pm est ish. i was hoping wilky would come in and say literally anything.

now ive also got the added bonus that TTTT intends to lynch me if CC flips town. i think CC has a good chance of turning up scum, but theres always that nagging doubt. and now i get that added bonus hanging over me.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #448  (isolation #51)  » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:51 am

its coming off like either vote for CC or you are scum and also if CC flips town you are also scum.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #450  (isolation #52)  » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:43 pm

In post 449, TTTT wrote:I was just saying it to see how you'd respond

and what did you determine?

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #455  (isolation #53)  » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:28 pm

welp, its approaching the time when i intended to declare intent. nothing is changing right now so, @clearlyclarity consider this my intent post

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #469  (isolation #54)  » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:44 am

In post 467, TheASC wrote:To the people that weren't voting Clarity yesterday: why were you voting for who you were voting for? In Wilky's case, why weren't you voting at all?

im not sure how to answer this. i had declared intent and was about to vote and then schiavetto came in and basically prevented me from doing so.

the simplest explanation is that schiavetto wanted to save a couple hours

the slightly scummy explanation is that since it was inevitable, vetto decided to pull the trigger to get on the wagon before it was too late

the much scummier explanation is that the hammer prevented clearly clarity from trying to defend or claim anything that we could have possibly used.

VOTE: schiavetto

so?

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #473  (isolation #55)  » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:34 am

In post 471, TheASC wrote:That doesn't really answer my question - why Sasha?

originally to pressure on what sasha was 'waiting for' #388
which basically said nothing since wilky hasnt done anything

TTTT was starting to stir support for the clearly clarity wagon and i briefly hopped on before going back to sasha. sasha then suggested restarting the wagon on me. i think now that CC flipped red and that sasha was an early adopter of that wagon (and stayed on) means only town things. why i stayed on sasha though, i dont have a great reason, i think i felt like if i flipped back to CC once again it would look bad. not doing it now looks terrible since it looks like i was trying to appear to vote for CC early then try and start shenanigans somewhere else.

basically it was my read at the time and i didnt reevaluate/change it early enough to not be the hammering vote.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #474  (isolation #56)  » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:29 am

also, i had originally pointed to arith's post as my first read of the game which turned out to to eventually flip red.

immediately after that post zest shot me down and started what would eventually be a wagon to L-1 on me providing a bit of defense to arith. arith bounced and was replaced by clearly. zest bounced and was replaced twice ultimately by wilky who hasnt done anything in over 5 days.

also, i dont know if this is any sort of valid information, but i was prodded once for activity. wilky hasnt been (at least not in the thread) but also hasnt been replaced yet. someone had to send in a night action. on top of that, looking at wilky's profile, he's been active on the forum and yet utterly non-existent in this game.

VOTE: wilky

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #475  (isolation #57)  » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:31 am

In post 474, zeebu wrote:immediately after that post zest shot me down and started what would eventually be a wagon to L-1 on me providing a bit of defense to arith.

wording on here isnt very clear. i meant that zest could be seen as defending arith by deflecting the focus onto myself.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #477  (isolation #58)  » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:02 pm

since its easter weekend and i'll be travelling i'll turn on V/LA. i'll try to check in as often as i can.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #487  (isolation #59)  » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:49 am

That is great and all, but at least address the rest of what I said behind the reasoning I voted for willky.

IMO, tttt is townlock, I’m ok with doing what he wants. If he decides I’m the best lynch, I’ll support it

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #491  (isolation #60)  » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:17 am

In post 488, TTTT wrote:
In post 487, zeebu wrote:tttt is townlock

why?

The only way you aren’t town is if you totally threw clearly clarity under the bus. You spearheaded it.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #565  (isolation #61)  » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:41 am

hey gang. it is interesting to see myself at the center of a lot of this drama.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #568  (isolation #62)  » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:05 am

In post 519, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 516, JPD wrote:
In post 506, Sashaddin wrote:I read stuff that changed my mind.

Could you share what that stuff was?

In post 501, Sashaddin wrote:I can like a couple of his posts if I convince myself he's town.

What posts?

I've called you out multiple times for not posting any sort of reasoning or explanations about posts and you still continue to do so. You say something like "I don't like the tone of that" but you don't say why. Nobody questions you about it so you get away with looking like you are analysing or scumhunting without having to do any work. I've said before that I feel like you say things and then only come up with reasons for doing so afterwards.

From your town-meta, I expected to see something a bit different.

and where he seems to have great reads.
-475 where he tries to understand a possible cover-up
-491 where he townlocks TTTT

I'm not 100% into this one I guess, the flaking gets to me. I thought in a newbie game most would be more excited so more eager to play but this doesn't seem the case. You have a good read, I'm not my usual town self. I think I stepped my game up yesterday, I'll try to continue this way to the end.

your links didnt work, but im not 100% sure what youre trying to say about me here.

i feel like you should have jumped at me harder for this post since it barely even made sense to me. its as if youve gone back and forth on me so often and now being called out on it that you need to scramble and find a new target since i'm old hat.

not that i think that highly of myself in this game, but i certainly feel like i avoided any thoughts of being a night kill target due to the fact i think scum would consider it easy to start up a wagon on me again.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #569  (isolation #63)  » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:06 am

In post 567, TTTT wrote:
In post 565, zeebu wrote:hey gang. it is interesting to see myself at the center of a lot of this drama.

see?
this just isn't the sort of post you expect to come from scum during a time of inactivity

i felt the prod coming while i was reading through so i turned off v/la and made a useless post

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #571  (isolation #64)  » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:24 am

In post 570, TTTT wrote:
In post 561, MaryJoLisa wrote:Am I understanding correctly that before I joined the game, my slot made a grand total of 7 posts? ScreamingNoodle made 0 posts?

what's the point of this question?
it looks scummy

so when mary jo chimes in, do you think itll be me, sasha or someone else that she scum reads hardest?

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #578  (isolation #65)  » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:53 am

i dont really, why would it be wasted effort? we just dont learn anything?

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #585  (isolation #66)  » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:46 pm

In post 583, Schiavetto wrote:I'm feeling neglected, fam.

im still wondering why you called it wasted effort, unless you meant wasted effort on mjl's side of things. it would be a bummer to spend a few hours catching up only to find yourself lynched immediately i guess.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #586  (isolation #67)  » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:54 pm

In post 581, MaryJoLisa wrote:Nice distancing

then that would have been my second instance then, my original read was against arith when he had the slot.

third maybe if you count my voting for clarity then immediately swapping to sasha

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #589  (isolation #68)  » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:09 pm

@maryjolisa

knowing what you know now, what are your thoughts on this post?

is it something you would have done now that youre in this slot?

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #590  (isolation #69)  » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:10 pm

specifically on the part about how i percieved zest coming to the defense of arith

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #623  (isolation #70)  » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:26 am

MJL, im still waiting on an answer to my question.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #632  (isolation #71)  » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:35 pm

In post 631, TTTT wrote:I still intend to hammer
but would like others to chime in first

are you looking for someone to talk you out of it or confirm your thoughts? sasha has been on my list since day 1 so i have no problem with it. the only thing ive seen in sasha's favor is the relatively quick jump onto clearly clarity. other than that, not much

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #658  (isolation #72)  » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:53 pm

i mean, im here for the next half hour or so, but im not sure what i can add that anyone would pay attention to

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #678  (isolation #73)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:48 am

In post 120, zeebu wrote:he seems sort of eager to finish the first day, whether that means hes scum or has a night action, i have no idea there. probably he just wants to see the game progress.

Well shit.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #679  (isolation #74)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:05 am

In post 486, Schiavetto wrote:I like @Sash's analysis - a zeebu-fearkill on teacher feels pretty possible. Looking at teacher's stated townlocks, too, I could see scum NKing him to facilitate a push on any of those three during the day.
Will also add that I'm still not too fond of the wilky inactivity-lynch. In every iteration of this setup, town has access to at least one investigative PR--and in every possible configuration of our current remaining players, we can look into that slot without giving scum a free flip.

I'm not adverse to a policy lynch down the line, but I'm in no rush. Voting beween zeebu & ASC seems fruitful.

On cell so tough to multiquote. This post sticks out.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #680  (isolation #75)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:06 am

In post 513, Schiavetto wrote:If they were on the wagon, I have trouble picturing them as second-position (especially when second-pos player, Sash, was the next-most popular lynch). Not ruling it out, though.

Third-position or off-wagon feels more likely

This one too.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #681  (isolation #76)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:10 am

VOTE: schiavetto

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #685  (isolation #77)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:22 pm

Mjl I was asking specifically knowing what we know now, was that something that you would have said from that slot

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #686  (isolation #78)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:35 pm

that’s probably not a fair question I guess. It’s asking you to say whether or not you think your predecessor is scum now that you have the slot.

I’m pretty inebriated at the moment, my town had a wine and jazz fest. I’m not huge on wine but one of the breweries there was pretty good.

The first quote was about how the Willy lynch could be driven home later on since there wasn’t much on that spot at the time. And since we would get no more cop results it was something that could be saved for then.

The second one was about you hammering even though I intended to I guess. You did and then called out those who didn’t

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #689  (isolation #79)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:18 pm

Shenanigans.

Also part of my thinking was probably me pointing out ariths post then being ok with it. I know I backed off it at some point though, but the game is making me feel totally invincible or something. I’ve said a bunch of stupid stuff and neglected to say many smart things. I’m honestly impressed I’m still alive. It’s a fairly weak argument but with that question I’ve tried to point out I was immediately trying to vs a dude that ended up scum. I dunno, it might be a while before I sign up for another game on the site. I don’t see it going great for me tbh

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #690  (isolation #80)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:21 pm

I’m not the remaining mafia but I’m interested in finding out who is, it’s a good time. I’m still assuming I get lynched at some point

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #692  (isolation #81)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:26 pm

If the last mafia turns up being tttt that’s awesome. I don’t think it is but that’d be hilarious. He already said JPD confirmed him though so it’s probably a stretch

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #693  (isolation #82)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:31 pm

In post 691, MaryJoLisa wrote:
In post 689, zeebu wrote:Shenanigans.

Also part of my thinking was probably me pointing out ariths post then being ok with it. I know I backed off it at some point though, but the game is making me feel totally invincible or something. I’ve said a bunch of stupid stuff and neglected to say many smart things. I’m honestly impressed I’m still alive. It’s a fairly weak argument but with that question I’ve tried to point out I was immediately trying to vs a dude that ended up scum. I dunno, it might be a while before I sign up for another game on the site. I don’t see it going great for me tbh

Why don't you see it going well for you? I mean even if you bungle up a game and everyone's cool at the end and we have some nice post-game laughs, then why not sign up for another and try to have some more fun and grow your game skills a little?

Oh I’m pretty sure I’m not quite good enough or perceptive enough yet. I’ve been town the whole game and I immediately gained attention to myself and I still don’t realize why. The only reason I’m still in the game is because I play a very convincing clueless person. The fact that it’s turned out to be true is great, but I still don’t know how to play. If I play a few more games I’m bound to eventually get a role of consequence. Im afraid of that part.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #695  (isolation #83)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:34 pm

I probably should have said ‘I’ve been here the whole game’ cause the way I wrote it seems a bit too pleading or something

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #696  (isolation #84)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:35 pm

Tttt implied it, so there’s that

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #698  (isolation #85)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:41 pm

Eh, no worries. This has been a fun game. I’m sure I’ll sign up for something again after it’s over. I’m mostly afraid of messing it up. If I get a role at some point I just don’t want to derp it up and waste peoples time

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #699  (isolation #86)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:42 pm

Maybe my long term strategy is to pull on folks heartstrings. Does that ever work?

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #701  (isolation #87)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:53 pm

Haven’t died yet, so that’s a plus though.

Maybe this game I am just trying to ply dumb so I turn up town and there can’t be a solid read on my meta. From what I gather meta means a persons previous games

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #703  (isolation #88)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:03 pm

In post 702, MaryJoLisa wrote:
In post 701, zeebu wrote:Haven’t died yet, so that’s a plus though.

Maybe this game I am just trying to ply dumb so I turn up town and there can’t be a solid read on my meta. From what I gather meta means a persons previous games

Meta is a person's previous games, yeah.

It feels like you are begging me to vote for you tonight, but I refuse to do so until you're sober. :P

Begging is a strong word I think. I’m mostly just jabbing my phone a bunch and seeing what happens. I don’t see how me saying anything tonight actually makes a difference in what I’ve said or done so far. My ‘read’ was already tossed to the wayside and I haven’t picked anything else out in particular yet.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #705  (isolation #89)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:06 pm

I dunno, maybe asc isn’t the upstanding citizen we were all hooping for. That’s what schiavetto says

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #706  (isolation #90)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:07 pm

In post 704, TTTT wrote:I don't want to lynch either of you two

That is adorable

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #709  (isolation #91)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:11 pm

Now we are moovin mountains

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #712  (isolation #92)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:17 pm

Ok before going to bed I’m going to take this opportunity to jump on a wagon for once. I still am not sure of schiavetto but I haven’t got on board a single time yet. Let’s try it VOTE: theasc

Also it’s raining really hard here and iron chef cut out, bummer

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #716  (isolation #93)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:25 pm

In post 715, MaryJoLisa wrote:
In post 711, TTTT wrote:MJL how you feeling about this game?

I'm having fun. It's a good group and that makes all the difference for me.

Even me? I’m feeling the love

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #718  (isolation #94)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:35 pm

In post 717, MaryJoLisa wrote:
In post 716, zeebu wrote:
In post 715, MaryJoLisa wrote:
In post 711, TTTT wrote:MJL how you feeling about this game?

I'm having fun. It's a good group and that makes all the difference for me.

Even me? I’m feeling the love

Yeah, even you. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'll still string you up and lynch you if I catch wind that you're scum (and really I already have, but I'll bide my time for now).

I’ve already embraced the fact that everything I say gives off the scum vibe. There isn’t anything I can do to really defend it at this point. I’m just going to keep saying scummy things but as wholesomely as possible

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #720  (isolation #95)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:41 pm

Nay, I say nay

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #721  (isolation #96)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:43 pm

I mean, at this point if you lynch me and I’m the last bad dude, you win. If I’m not what’s really learned at this point?

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #722  (isolation #97)  » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:44 pm

Not gonna lie, this has been the most fun string of comments so far

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #758  (isolation #98)  » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:06 am

In post 754, TTTT wrote:
In post 753, TheASC wrote:By the sound of it, the other players here want today's and tomorrow's lynches to be the two of us

I think that's just MJL

I’ve flopped between the two

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #759  (isolation #99)  » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:11 am

In post 746, TTTT wrote:I'll start:
If I am a Neapolitan or Tracker I do not have an innocent result outside of TTTT

Ditto

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #782  (isolation #100)  » Wed May 01, 2019 12:51 pm

In post 781, MaryJoLisa wrote:See I was starting to think that whole conversation with zeebu starting in might have been appeal to emotion. I thought his line of questioning was weak and designed to focus on slot absence and ZoL's newbishness to set up a mislynch. I thought he was kind of backpedaling on his stance when I gave him pushback and he didn't have a decent counter argument.

backpedaling on which stance in particular?

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #790  (isolation #101)  » Fri May 03, 2019 7:05 pm

Agreed

I was about to point that same thing out but had to put the kiddo to bed first. Feel free to scum read me for saying it I guess but here we are. The fact you didn’t hammer me proves you’re in the clear. I was honestly scum reading you more than mjl most recently. I was trying to push mjl earlier with her slot’s early defense of arith. Arith was my first read of the game and zest defended arith then.

Also the part where Wilky was active on forums but then barely posted here due coming in mid game with the second mafia already gone. Props to mjl for taking that slot over though.

VOTE: mjl

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #792  (isolation #102)  » Fri May 03, 2019 8:29 pm

I read 3 or 4 books actually. He’s 16 months old so the books have like 8 pages each and are made of cardboard

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #794  (isolation #103)  » Fri May 03, 2019 10:31 pm

In post 793, MaryJoLisa wrote:UNVOTE: zeebu

Need to mull this over.

Why in the world would you unvote me? If schiavetto were mafia an insta hammer on me would have ended the game. You unvoting me just means you suspect him.... which is silly at this point since if he was mafia he could have won already

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #796  (isolation #104)  » Fri May 03, 2019 10:40 pm

I am drinking again too! Last time it went well, I posted a bunch of inane things but still survived. I think you messed up assuming I would be easy to keep in your back pocket for a late game lynch. I don’t think it’s working out

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #798  (isolation #105)  » Fri May 03, 2019 10:58 pm

In post 797, MaryJoLisa wrote:
In post 796, zeebu wrote:I am drinking again too! Last time it went well, I posted a bunch of inane things but still survived. I think you messed up assuming I would be easy to keep in your back pocket for a late game lynch. I don’t think it’s working out

But I didn't roll scum this game. :lol:

Agreed! You didn’t roll scum! Unfortunately for you your slot did ;(

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #799  (isolation #106)  » Sat May 04, 2019 12:18 am

Am I pushing it too hard? I want to throw some scum vibes out there to make sure vetto is approaching this last decision on a level head.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #801  (isolation #107)  » Sat May 04, 2019 12:24 am

Bangerang

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #802  (isolation #108)  » Sat May 04, 2019 12:25 am

So basically it’s up to vetto

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #803  (isolation #109)  » Sat May 04, 2019 12:28 am

By the way, is vetto an ok nick? Personally I like it, but if you don’t I’ll let it go

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #807  (isolation #110)  » Sun May 05, 2019 9:31 pm

In post 805, Schiavetto wrote:@zeebu:

1) What motivation would MJB-slot have had for killing teacher N1? What reason did she have to be fearful of teacher

imo teacher was the strongest town read in the game. i think everyone could recognize that. in some post i actually hinted that jpd could have had a night actoin and teacher said something about not saying anything about guessing at power roles at power roles. if i was scum and knew what i was doing i probably would have kept quiet and killed jpd instead. but to specifically answer your question, teacher was the biggest town read of hte game and was clearly swaying town opinion.

2) It's hard not to read your early-game intractions with Arith & CeCe as distancing attempts, which you had to double-down on once the sub happened. Convince me otherwise?
yeah, i was trying to feel it out. if you recall i went after TTTT early as well. ultimately my early post was vs arith lot and then later on i said zests slot defended ariths slot. i had very few reads this game that werent piggybacking off other better players comments. those were all my own though. if i cant convince you with that then nothing will work.

3) In general, do you think appeals to novicehood are an effective strategy as solo scum? More specifically, what are some ways that strategy might've been effective or ineffective for solo scum this game?
that one is a bit of a loaded question since this is my first game. im not really sure how to answer it tbh so ill just describe my thought process. in the beginning i had no idea what i was doing and had no idea what folks expected from me. after that i had a bit better idea on what was expected but i dont think i was good in giving it to them. then after that once people threw around the word meta enough i realized i could do whatever i wanted to for future games. so i guess now i want to try to live in the grey territory, ideally i want to try and live in the middle reads at all times while increasing my posts. i dont see myself as good or convincing enough at this time to always be able to give off the townie vibe. i dont think i answered your question probably.

i answered those in reverse so theres that. in general, i did not play a very good game i think. no matter who you pick here, mjl has played a great game. taking that slot over and clawing her way out of that hole was fantastic. im not going to be upset either way. either i win because i was scummy enough all game to never warrant a night kill or mjl takes the cake by riding the 'dont kill wilky' wave long enough to gather enough support and goodwill to take it.

up to you vetto. also, im just going to keep on calling you vetto til you tell me to stop at this point

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #810  (isolation #111)  » Mon May 06, 2019 8:16 am

i dont think the ipad will work quite yet at 16 months. plus if we decide to give him an ipad for bed how will we ever make it past a 20 minute or more car ride?! youve played well this game and im looking forward to the next.

are we supposed to keep pleading our cases on why the other one is scum?

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #812  (isolation #112)  » Mon May 06, 2019 8:42 am

In post 811, MaryJoLisa wrote:Does a 16-month old not understand how to select books for themselves on an ipad?

so far he understands that phones/ipads are the way to talk to the grandparents. he also understands that the red button is how to hang up on them so we can call them right back immediately. good times.

In post 811, MaryJoLisa wrote:Do you drive your kid around to get them to sleep?? That's adorable!

nah, he's a pretty good sleeper. i just mean what are we going to do to distract him when we are in the car if not the ipad when he's old enough.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #818  (isolation #113)  » Mon May 06, 2019 6:36 pm

Ahhh bummer

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #841  (isolation #114)  » Tue May 07, 2019 11:24 am

i think i played not that well. learned a lot for going forward though

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #844  (isolation #115)  » Tue May 07, 2019 11:33 am

In post 842, MaryJoLisa wrote:
In post 841, zeebu wrote:i think i played not that well. learned a lot for going forward though

I thought you played very well. You left me some openings to get a foothold on, that's true, but that's still okay! Your game was fine. So was @Sasha's.

well thank ya. before the game was over i was already saying how well you had played.

at the beginning, i was pretty universally scumread but you were able to keep me from being lynched since i always carried that doubt with me. couldnt ever shake it.

i did manage the early weak read on arith and that slot flipped. eventually i looked back and read zest's refute of it as a defense too.

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #845  (isolation #116)  » Tue May 07, 2019 11:46 am

also, i was ready the dead thread. @teacher what is elf defense?

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #846  (isolation #117)  » Tue May 07, 2019 11:50 am

reading*

zeebu
Goon

Post Post #852  (isolation #118)  » Tue May 07, 2019 2:32 pm

In post 851, teacher wrote:
In post 845, zeebu wrote:also, i was ready the dead thread. @teacher what is elf defense?

It’s how an s defends itself if it is not capitalized. (Self-defense)

haaaa, yes. i can see this now. i was confused, i even went to the wiki and looked up elf defense (it did not give me any useful results)

[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games