Spectate/Dead threads/DC ought to be mandatory

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Spectate/Dead threads/DC ought to be mandatory

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Tue May 07, 2019 6:03 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

To have a private forum/DC to discuss the game, get spoiled and most important of all, to yell at gamethrowing idiots, which are the bane of every good mafia player’s existence.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Tue May 07, 2019 6:19 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1, Nero Cain wrote:ppl barely post in them though. Like they are fun to read and yeah, mods should make b/c what's the harm? but making it mandatory is not really something I agree with but a decent mod should go ahead and take the 10 seconds it takes to make one.
I think it’s unfair to the players not to have one but not necessarily the case. The Heroes’ dead thread was ginormous.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #6 (isolation #2) » Tue May 07, 2019 6:49 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5, Nexus wrote:No. They are more often than not toxic and help to contribute to the toxicity of the site.
How so? I think the exact opposite is true. Players need a moderated place to discuss the game. I’d even argue it’s therapeutic and good for the site.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7 (isolation #3) » Tue May 07, 2019 6:58 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Dead threads are a fun place to shitpost. I’d argue, one of the highlights of playing mafia.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9 (isolation #4) » Wed May 08, 2019 12:40 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8, Ramcius wrote:
In post 6, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5, Nexus wrote:No. They are more often than not toxic and help to contribute to the toxicity of the site.
How so? I think the exact opposite is true. Players need a moderated place to discuss the game. I’d even argue it’s therapeutic and good for the site.
yelling at gamethrowing idiots is toxic, calling them idiots is toxic, you should be nice to them
Disagree. A dead thread is the only place to talk about an ongoing game you’re not in.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #11 (isolation #5) » Wed May 08, 2019 12:43 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10, Creature wrote:I wished there were discord chats, but whatever.
+1

Yeah, that would be even better.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #13 (isolation #6) » Wed May 08, 2019 12:44 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 12, Creature wrote:Yes, it's toxic, but we eventually make up.
Creature totally gets it. <3
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #25 (isolation #7) » Thu May 09, 2019 5:23 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 19, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 0, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:get spoiled
i dont think this should be mandatory, mod's discretion for spoiling the dead thread is fine
i like to keep my dead guessing up to a point
i do enjoy the existence of dead threads in general
In post 20, MaryJoLisa wrote:Has a mod actually refused to make you a dead thread when you asked?

And I don't agree with mandatory spoiling. Some people in the dead thread are still game solving and those spoiler tags are hard to resist.
Just to be clear, it was the actual existence of the spec/dead thread I argued to be mandatory, not the spoiling aspect. You can either ask the mod to use spoiler tags or pm them. Sometimes rarely, they’ve even made a 2nd thread for that.

@MJL I haven’t made any requests so I don’t know. I do recall at least one instance in the past, of this request being denied though.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #26 (isolation #8) » Thu May 09, 2019 5:30 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 22, Alisae wrote:
In post 11, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 10, Creature wrote:I wished there were discord chats, but whatever.
+1

Yeah, that would be even better.
Nothing is stoping you from doing this. Just sayin.

In post 18, ZOR TESTER wrote:i've never understood why people feel entitled to a spectator thread (I basically never have them), but I do think dead threads tend to be valuable.
Because 99% of mods have one and people are social creatures so they like to talk about things they were apart of.

In post 20, MaryJoLisa wrote:Has a mod actually refused to make you a dead thread when you asked?

And I don't agree with mandatory spoiling. Some people in the dead thread are still game solving and those spoiler tags are hard to resist.
imagine refusing to make a dead thread.

Mandatory spoiling is bad tbh.
Its a lot more fun to feed spoilers one by one tbh
Well, if I ever mod a game, I would probably take full advantage of Discord and for more than just spec/dead thread. Krazy is a mod that does his best to maintain game involvement by all interested parties and utilizes both a spec/dead PT and a dead/spec DC as well. Using Discord also makes it really easy to set up both spoiled and unspoiled chats for those who want them, which is exactly what he did in Starcraft 2.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #27 (isolation #9) » Thu May 09, 2019 5:31 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 21, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 6, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Players need a moderated place to discuss the game.
I agree with Nancy here. Having a place for dead players/players that didn't have time to join the game talk/vent about the game seems p good.
+1
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #28 (isolation #10) » Thu May 09, 2019 5:33 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 18, ZOR TESTER wrote:i've never understood why people feel entitled to a spectator thread (I basically never have them), but I do think dead threads tend to be valuable.
Because you aren’t allowed to discuss ongoing games you’re not in, anywhere else.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #32 (isolation #11) » Thu May 09, 2019 7:54 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 31, Nero Cain wrote:go mod a game Nancy, I'll back you up and help you out.
<3
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #34 (isolation #12) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:52 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Man, I seriously need to
yell at
kindly and gently reprimand some people. :cry:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Mafia Discussion”