Newbie 1927 | Stuff I Found Online Xi | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Newbie 1927 | Stuff I Found Online Xi | Over

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:06 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Newbie 1927 | Stuff I Found Online XI

Hello. In this game I'll be showcasing cool stuff I found/learned about online via my RSS reader and maybe talking some about why I think it's cool.
Such as the Rosette Nebula in Monoceros. via NASA

Moderated by Plotinus

Backup moderated by Lycanfire

Original Playerlist:
  1. 1) Moomn
    2) Voted
    3) Froce
    4) Chrisonix
    5) Exilon
    6) Gimm1ck
    7) PvtUrist (SE)
    8) wilky (SE)
    9) Not_Mafia (SE)
Spoiler: Dead (9)
  1. 1) Moomn1, vanilla townie, lynched day 1
    2) Voted, vanilla townie, killed night 1

3) Froce1, town tracker, lynched day 2
    7) PvtUrist1 (SE), town doctor, killed night 2

9) Sashaddin
    replaces Not_Mafia6 (SE)
    , vanilla townie, lynched day 3
    5) Exilon1, vanilla townie, killed in end game
    6) Gimm1ck3, vanilla townie, killed in end game

4) Baezu1 (SE)
    replaces Chrisonix, who forgot MS exists
    , mafia goon, survived and won!
    8) Skygazer2 (SE)
    replaces wilky2.5 (SE)
    , mafia goon, survived and won!

Events - Day 1 begins
- Baezu replaces Chrisonix
- Skygazer replaces wilky
- Moomn is lynched, day 1 ends

- Voted is killed, day 2 begins
- Froce is lynched, day 2 ends

- PvtUrist is killed, day 3 begins
Sashaddin replaces Not_Mafia
- Sashaddin is lynched, game over

- Game events, night actions, Links to PTs
Last edited by Plotinus on Fri May 10, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 44 times in total.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:19 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Rules

Inspired by Equinox's, Glork's and Ether's rulesets.

important bit
  • Day 1: up to 10 days, Day 2+ up to 7 days, Night: 48 hours.
  • Majority lynches
  • 36 hours before prod, 24 hours before replacement, 24 hour weekends
  • Bah posts allowed (limit: 1, free of game related content)
  • I have some unusual rules about animated GIFs, tiny text, and prodging. Scroll down for details.
  • Don’t be a dick

1. Follow all site rules.

2. Mod colour
    – My mod colour is
    grey
    ; don't use it.
  3. Behaviour
    - Don’t be a dick. This is a heated game but toxicity will not be tolerated. Attack the play not the player. If your fellow players tell you to stop, you must stop. If you do not stop, I will tell you to stop. If you still do not stop, you will be force-replaced. Asking people to stop voting you or to stop scumhunting you entirely doesn't count for this rule and you may find yourself lynched if you try it.
  4. Don't talk about ongoing games
    - You may not talk to each other about this game outside of threads I have created for this purpose. You may not talk about other ongoing games in this thread.
  5. Animated GIFs
    - are of the devil, but they are permitted behind spoilers if clearly labelled as such.
  6. Tiny text
    - is also of the devil, keep it 70+ please.
  7. Provable randomness
    - is against the rules. Saying that you rolled a dice is fine, using dice tags or random.org is not.
  8. Claiming scum
    - by yourself is fine. Claiming scum with another player is against the rules.
  9. Cryptography
    - is forbidden. Breadcrumbing is okay.
  10. Confirmation
    - You have about 72 hours to confirm your role and your alignment by PM. Game will start sooner if everyone confirms. Posting in a private topic counts as confirmation.
  11. Days
    - Day 1 lasts 10 days and other days last 7 days. Extensions may be granted if there are replacements, or if the majority of players make it clear to me that an extension is desired.
  12. Activity
    - You must post at least once every 36 hours or I will Prod you. You then have 24 hours to post in the game thread or I will replace you. If you come back before I find a replacement, you can stay. The activity timers run at half-speed on weekends. Players can request me to prod somebody early. This will only count as an official prod if you don't post before you would have been due for a prod. If you haven't posted in the 24 hours before the thread is locked for night, you must reply to the night start PM or you will be replaced during the night.
  13. Vacation/Limited Access
    If you need to be absent for longer than this, you should declare
    V/LA
    in bold in the thread like this: [
    b]
    @Mod: I will be v/la until Thursday
    [
    /b]. While you are V/LA, you will be nudged once every 54 hours. Two nudges equals one prod. If you have not posted game advancing content in 5 days, regardless of V/LA status, you will be replaced.
  14. Prodging
    - A naked "prod dodge" does not reset the prod timer. To avoid being prodded/replaced for inactivity, include some game advancing content in your prodges, such as "got prodded; xxxx is still scum."
  15. Quoting
    - You may not quote (or copy paste) any private information into the thread, including your role PM and any mod communication.
  16. Voting
    - Votes must be in bold in the format VOTE: Plotinus or
    Vote: Plotinus
    . Strong preference for using vote tags instead of bold tags. Unvotes are nice but not required. If I think it’s a vote, it’s a vote, no tricks. Type [
    v]Plotinus[
    /v] to vote and [
    uv]Plotinus[
    /uv] to unvote.
  17. Lynching
    - Days end early when a simple majority of players (50% of living players + 1 rounded down) vote to lynch somebody. If a majority is not reached at deadline or if a majority of the players vote for no lynch, the day will end without a lynch. At evens, 50% is sufficient for no lynch.
  18. Twilight
    - Begins when a majority is reached and lasts until I lock the thread. You're still alive until I flip you so you can talk in any game threads you have access to until then, but no votes or unvotes will be counted.
  19. Night
    - Night lasts at least 48 hours. The night phase can be shortened if every living player -- even those with no night actions -- agrees to it and if I'm not busy.
  20. Action submissions
    - You may submit actions via PM (if town) or PT (if scum). If the actions are not submitted by the deadline then you do nothing. You can change your mind as many times as you like before the deadline.
  21. Reminders
    - If I don't hear from you about your night actions, I'll PM you 24 hours before the deadline. This doesn't count as a prod. If I still don't hear from you, you will take no action.
  22. Notes PT
    - Let me know if you want a private thread to store your thoughts and feedback for the other players. This thread will be made public immediately after the game. You may draft posts in your notes PT but you may not talk about your notes PT in public. You definitely may not use the notes PT to demonstrate that you've had a town mindset in private all along; just put your town mindset in public to begin with and keep your notes to yourself.
  23. Play to win
    - this particular game, not some future one, and keep it fun!

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:20 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Newbie Setup

2d3 (as designed by Cabd):

ABC
Mafia
Mafia Roleblocker
Mafia Rolecop
Mafia Goon
Row 1
Town Cop and Town Neapolitan
Town Cop and Town Tracker
Town Cop and Vanilla Townie
Row 2
Town Jailkeeper and Town Doctor
Town Jailkeeper and Town Tracker
Town Jailkeeper and Vanilla Townie
Row 3
Town Cop and Town Doctor
Town Neapolitan and Town Doctor
Town Tracker and Town Doctor

Each Newbie Game will be given a setup that incorporates one mafia role from the top of a column, and then two town roles from a row below the selected mafia role. The remaining six roles will be filled in by
one mafia goons
and
five vanilla townies
appropriately, to create a
2-mafia
and
7-town
setup.

All Newbie games use the Natural Action Resolution system for determining Night action effects.
Mafia Roleblocker
action takes precedence over a
Town Jailkeeper
action should that apply.

Mafia can communicate in their Private Topic at all times.

Spoiler: Full Setups
Column A & Row 1:
Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Cop, Town Neapolitan, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column A & Row 2:
Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Jailkeeper, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column A & Row 3:
Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Cop, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 1:
Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Cop, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 2:
Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 3:
Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Neapolitan, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column C & Row 1:
Mafia Goon x 2, Town Cop, Vanilla Townie x 6
Column C & Row 2:
Mafia Goon x 2, Town Jailkeeper, Vanilla Townie x 6
Column C & Row 3:
Mafia Goon x 2, Town Doctor, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5

Spoiler: Role PMs
Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment.

Town JailkeeperWelcome!

You are a
Town Jailkeeper

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

Town CopWelcome!

You are a
Town Cop

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are
Town
or
Mafia
. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

The game thread is here.

Town NeapolitanWelcome!

You are a
Town Neapolitan

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are
Vanilla Townie
or
Not Vanilla Townie
. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

The game thread is here.

Town TrackerWelcome!

You are a
Town Tracker

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player or players they targeted with their action, if any. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

The game thread is here.

Town DoctorWelcome!

You are a
Town Doctor

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

You and your partner share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional PT, located here, where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your PT.

Mafia RolecopWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Rolecop

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed of their role but not their alignment.
Vanilla Townies
and
Mafia Goons
will both return "Vanilla". If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

You and your partner share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a role cop in the same night phase. You also share a factional PT, located here, where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Mafia RoleblockerWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Roleblocker

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

You and your partner share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional PT, located here, where you may talk at any time.

The game thread is here.

Introduction and Tips
Here are some helpful links (a lot of them from our helpful wiki):

-> Forum Rules and Guidelines
-> The Glossary
-> Commonly Used Abbreviations
-> The Newbie Guide
-> Articles on How to Play Well (be sure to check the dates these were written/updated, as good advice changes over time)

Key Concepts and Tips

Activity

Try to check in at least once a day.
Besides the activity requirements listed in the moderator's original post, it's just necessary for a fun and healthy game that everyone
plays
. If you post very rarely, or only post a little bit at a time, you may get scumread for lurking. Even if you are not scumread for it, what's the fun in playing a game where multiple people are hardly participating?

Site Meta

Meta is the description of how people on Mafiascum like to play mafia. Things can be different on other online mafia sites, or if you play IRL, so it's good to know what's expected of you on this site. These aren't "rules", per se, but if you don't follow these guidelines it is likely things will go poorly for you on MS. Some examples are...

Random Voting Stage (RVS)

Games on MafiaScum almost always begin with what we call the Random Voting Stage (RVS). At this point in the game, we are in a low information game state (except the mafia, which know everyone’s alignment). As a way to provoke reaction, start a discussion, and try to determine alignment, people will usually vote for non-serious reasons. As the discussion progresses, we will eventually get the game moving and progress out of RVS.

Voting, L-x, and Hammers

L-x is a way to convey how far away a player is away from a lynch. For example, you should always announce that you are putting someone at L-1 (1 vote away from a lynch) so that someone doesn’t come along and accidentally vote for that players lynch. This also prevents Mafia-aligned players from coming along and placing the final vote to lynch (“hammer”) and claiming ignorance about doing so. You may also see L-2 and L-3 (2 votes away from a lynch and 3 votes away from a lynch, respectively).

Before you hammer a player, state your intent to hammer (usually done in bold) and ask the player to claim their role. This is done to prevent power roles from being lynched, and can sometimes get Mafia-aligned players to be caught (via counter claiming). It's best to then allow other players to react and discuss the claim before hammering.

Claiming Your Role

It is almost always best to not claim your role unless you are at L-1 and have been asked to claim as part of an “intent to hammer.” This is because, as a town power role (“PR”), if you out prematurely, you are likely to be night-killed (“NK’d”). As a Vanilla Townie (“VT”), claiming early helps the mafia team narrow down the setup and possible PR candidates. An exception to this would be if a mafia player claimed your role, claiming early to counter the false claim (“CC”) would out the mafia player, and would be a benefit to the town.

Do not fake claim a power role as town!
While it may help you avoid getting lynched, you might cause a real PR to out themselves by counter claiming - then the mafia will know who the PR is, and you will probably get lynched for lying to town. Feel free to fake a claim as scum, though, if you think it would help.

LyLo

LyLo is the shortened representation of “lynch or lose.” LyLo in the Newbie Queue is when there are 3 remaining players, 2 of which are town and 1 is mafia; or when there are 5 remaining players, 3 of which are town and 2 are mafia. It is important in these situations that the town aligned players do not carelessly vote like is done during RVS or early days, as the mafia player(s) can organize and instantly provide the necessary votes to lynch (“quickhammer”) and win the game.

Conclusion

Mafia is hard!
As town, it can be hard to figure things out, and stressful when people think you're scum.
That's okay!
Just share your thoughts on who you think is scum as they come to you, and don't be afraid to change your mind. As scum, it can be hard to lie convincingly, and stressful when people think you're scum. Don't let that scare you! Try to think of what you would post if you were town, and don't be afraid to "change your mind".

This is a game.
Have fun!
Last edited by Plotinus on Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:20 pm

Post by Plotinus »

All role PMs have been sent out (in the order of the signup list so timestamps mean nothing)! We will start in (expired on 2019-04-14 08:15:00) or when [8/9] people have confirmed, whichever happens sooner.

The above clock and any others used throughout this game will be accurate from the time you loaded the page.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:18 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.00Climate Change isn't A tragedy of the commons. An essay in Scientific American about the guy who came up with the idea of the tragedy of the commons, why it's a bad metaphor, and what we should replace it with.

Early pastures were well regulated by local institutions; it wasn't a free for all. Many global commons have been successfully sustained by community institutions. 2/3rds of the carbon in the atmosphere can be traced back to just 90 companies.

If tragedy of the commons were true, then we could all do our part to save the world by using reusable cloth toilet paper like some people in the strange part of youtube are doing, but instead the situation is a few bad actors screwing everything up for the rest of us.

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Everybody
(0): Nobody

Not Voting
(9): Chrisonix, Exilon, Froce, Gimm1ck, Moomn, Not_Mafia, PvtUrist, Voted, wilky

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-04-22 12:30:00).

Mod notes:
8 people have confirmed already so we're getting started early.

Everyone except Chrisonix has confirmed. Chrisonix has (expired on 2019-04-14 08:15:00) to confirm before they will be replaced.

Please take a moment to familiarise yourselves with my ruleset because I have some rules you may not have encountered in other games before regarding animated gifs, tiny text, prodging and perhaps some other things.

wilky is V/LA until Monday
Last edited by Plotinus on Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #8 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:41 pm

Post by Plotinus »

I forgot to include the setup information in a separate post, but I've just now edited it into the top of , so read that if you want to know what roles are potentially in the game.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #26 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:54 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.01

Voted
(2): Exilon, Gimm1ck
PvtUrist
(1): wilky
Froce
(1): PvtUrist
Gimm1ck
(1): Not_Mafia

Not Voting
(4): Chrisonix, Froce, Moomn, Voted

Deadline:

Mod notes:
Chrisonix has (expired on 2019-04-14 08:15:00) to confirm before they will be replaced.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #51 (isolation #7) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:13 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.02Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, John Burroughs, and Harvey Firestone used to take a camping trip each summer, calling themselves the Four Vagabonds. Ford liked to tell a story about stopping at a service station to replace a headlight:
He claimed to have said to the attendant, ‘By the way, you might be interested to hear that the man who invented this lamp is sitting out there in my car.’

‘You don’t mean Thomas Edison?’ the man gasped.

‘Yes, and, incidentally, my name is Henry Ford.’

‘Do tell! Good to meet you, Mr. Ford!’

Noting the brand of tire in the service station’s racks, Ford added, ‘And one of the other men in the car makes those tires — Firestone.’

The attendant’s jaw dropped. Then he saw John Burroughs with his flowing beard and his voice became skeptical: ‘Look here, mister, if you tell me that the old fellow with the whiskers out there is Santa Claus, I’m going to call the sheriff.’
via FutilityCloset

Voted
(2): Exilon, Gimm1ck
PvtUrist
Froce
Gimm1ck

Not Voting
(4): Chrisonix, Froce, Moomn, Voted

Deadline:

Mod notes:
Chrisonix has (expired on 2019-04-14 08:15:00) to confirm before they will be replaced.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #73 (isolation #8) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:54 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Chrisonix has forgotten MafiaScum exists and is being replaced. If they read their role PM and respond to it before a replacement can be found, they can stay.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #75 (isolation #9) » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:00 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.03One Free Trick is an article about how everyone starts out with some aspect of writing that they're good at, and how to use the parts that come easy to you to learn how to do the parts that come harder.

Froce
(2): Exilon, PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Gimm1ck
Voted
(1): Gimm1ck
Not_Mafia
(1): Moomn

Not Voting
(3): Chrisonix, Froce, Voted

Deadline:

Mod notes:
Chrisonix is being replaced.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #87 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:18 pm

Post by Plotinus »

wilky0.5 has been nudged. Time runs more slowly on the weekends, but some more prods will be due over the next few hours.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #96 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:32 am

Post by Plotinus »

Baezu replaces Chrisonix! Please welcome them!

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #106 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:46 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.04Refracted Senses of Self, or How Kids Think They Work vs How They Actually Work is an article about childrens books and how children are portrayed in books, and how child characters in books for children have to be portrayed somewhat unrealistically so that they will match children's self image and capture their attention.

Moomn
(3): PvtUrist, Voted, Exilon
Exilon
(2): Not_Mafia, wilky
Voted
(2): Gimm1ck, Moomn

Not Voting
(2): Froce, Baezu

Deadline:

Mod notes:
Beazu is the new Chrisonix!

Not_mafia1 has been prodded. He has (expired on 2019-04-17 06:45:00) to post before I start looking for a replacement.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #113 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:50 am

Post by Plotinus »

Lycanfire is going to be our backup mod and will be helping us out while my hard drive is dead. Please welcome them!

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #124 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:56 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Moomn1 has been prodded. They have (expired on 2019-04-18 00:56:22) to post before we start looking for a replacement.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #128 (isolation #15) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:48 pm

Post by Plotinus »

wilky1.5 has been prodded. They have (expired on 2019-04-18 06:48:21) to post before we start looking for a replacement.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #131 (isolation #16) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:27 am

Post by Plotinus »

The small numbers in the OP and in the notices that someone has been prodded indicates the number of times they've been prodded. A person who has been prodded 3 times will be replaced. People who are on Vacation/Leave of Absence (V/LA) are nudged periodically, which counts as half a prod.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #202 (isolation #17) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:54 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Not_Mafia2 has been prodded. He has (expired on 2019-04-20 01:54:48) to post before we start looking for a replacement.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #216 (isolation #18) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:04 am

Post by Plotinus »

Gimm1ck1 was prodded a little early because I did the maths wrong. If they post before (expired on 2019-04-20 18:37:00) it won't count as a prod. They have (expired on 2019-04-22 06:37:00) to post before we start looking for a replacement because the prod timer is slower on weekends and it's also Easter.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #226 (isolation #19) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:44 am

Post by Plotinus »

wilky hasn't responded to their prod in time and is being replaced. If they return before a replacement is found, they can stay.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #289 (isolation #20) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:11 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.11Alice Augusta Ball was a young black chemist who cured leprosy a hundred years ago.

Moomn
(5): Skygazer, Not_Mafia, Voted, Gimm1ck, Exilon
<-- LYNCH

Not_Mafia
(3): Baezu, Froce, PvtUrist
Froce
(1): Moomn

Not Voting
(0):
None.

Deadline:

Mod notes: A lynch!

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #290 (isolation #21) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:28 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Day 1 Lynch - Moomn

Moomn has been lynched day 1. He was a
vanilla townie.

It is now Night 1. Deadline for night actions is (expired on 2019-04-24 10:20:46)

Baezu, Voted, and Not_Mafia haven't posted in 24 hours. They must reply to the night start pm so we know they're still playing. Otherwise, they will be replaced and day 2 will be delayed, as per [/area]

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #293 (isolation #22) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:01 am

Post by Plotinus »

There was a typo in the daystart PM: in Newbie games, Day 2 and subsequent days are 7 days long, not 10.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #303 (isolation #23) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:51 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 2.01

LynchingWith 7 votes in play, it takes 4 to lynch.

Not_Mafia (2): Baezu, Gimm1ck
Exilon (1): Not_Mafia

Not Voting
(4): Froce, Exilon, PvtUrist, Skygazer

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-05-01 08:00:00).

Mod notes: :D
Last edited by Lycanfire on Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #326 (isolation #24) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:40 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 2.02

More pictures of embroidery tattoos

Not_Mafia
(2): Baezu, Gimm1ck
Skygazer
Froce
(1): Skygazer
Exilon

Not Voting
(2): Froce, Exilon

Deadline:

Mod notes: I remembered to put the votes in this time!

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #408 (isolation #25) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:57 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Froce1 has been prodded. They have (expired on 2019-05-01 01:57:13) before we start looking for a replacement

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #418 (isolation #26) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:45 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Gimmick3 and Exilon1 have been prodded. They have (expired on 2019-05-02 06:45:31) to post before we start looking for replacements, or if we go into night before they post then they (and anyone else who hasn't posted in 24 hours) will need to contact us during the night to let us know they're still here.

Also be aware of the deadline, which is listed in the votecount at the top of this page, and is approaching soon. The number is updated everytime you load the page.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #430 (isolation #27) » Wed May 01, 2019 4:27 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 2.06

Some trees are shy and don't like to touch other trees.

Froce
(4): Skygazer, Not_Mafia, Exilon, PvtUrist
<-- LYNCH

Skygazer
(1): Froce
Not_Mafia
(1): Gimm1ck

Not Voting
(1): Baezu

Deadline:

Mod notes: A lynch!

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #431 (isolation #28) » Wed May 01, 2019 4:32 am

Post by Plotinus »

Day 2 Lynch - Froce

Froce has been lynched day 2. He was a
town tracker.

It is now Night 2. Deadline for night actions is (expired on 2019-05-03 18:00:00)

Everyone has posted in the last 24 hours so nobody is in danger of being replaced during the night.[/area]

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #432 (isolation #29) » Fri May 03, 2019 6:43 am

Post by Plotinus »

Night 2 Kill - PvtUrist

PvtUrist has been killed night 2. He was a
town doctor.

It is now Day 3!
[/area]

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #433 (isolation #30) » Fri May 03, 2019 6:46 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 3.00

LynchingWith 5 votes in play, it takes 3 to lynch.

Everybody

Not Voting
(5): Baezu, Exilon, Gimm1ck, Not_Mafia, Skygazer

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-05-10 20:00:00).

Mod notes: Keep it fun!
Last edited by Plotinus on Fri May 03, 2019 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #461 (isolation #31) » Fri May 03, 2019 8:32 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 3.01Teach your cat to jump up onto your shoulder.

I tried this a few years ago and it worked and now he does it whenever I'm eating.

Everybody

Not Voting

Deadline:

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #477 (isolation #32) » Sun May 05, 2019 8:13 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 3.02

Everybody

Not Voting

Deadline:

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #502 (isolation #33) » Mon May 06, 2019 9:13 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 3.03A conspiracy to kill IE6 is the heroic tale of some web-developers at youtube who set out to make the internet better place for other web developers.

Everybody

Not Voting

Deadline:

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #516 (isolation #34) » Wed May 08, 2019 9:38 am

Post by Plotinus »

Not_Mafia6 has been prodded. This is too many prods, so we are going to look for a replacement early, but if he posts before a replacement can be found, he can stay.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #525 (isolation #35) » Wed May 08, 2019 10:56 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 3.04When very bad words are the shit, linguistically speaking

Sashaddin

Not Voting
(4): Baezu, Exilon, Gimm1ck, Sashaddin

Deadline:

Last edited by Lycanfire on Wed May 08, 2019 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #556 (isolation #36) » Thu May 09, 2019 6:04 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 3.05

Almonds is a fractal viewer that draws fractals directly in your terminal window! It can save the images as high resolution png files.

Sashaddin
Skygazer
(1): Sashaddin

Not Voting
(3): Gimm1ck, Exilon, Baezu

Deadline:

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #575 (isolation #37) » Thu May 09, 2019 7:19 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 3.06

Sashaddin
Skygazer

Not Voting

Deadline:

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #612 (isolation #38) » Thu May 09, 2019 8:01 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 3.07I've been brushing up on my maths lately and I've found Paul's Online Notes to be really helpful. It's written by a maths professor and it has sample problems for Algebra, several levels of calculus, and differential equations. I'm learning about curl!

Sashaddin
Skygazer

Not Voting

Deadline:

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #632 (isolation #39) » Fri May 10, 2019 4:01 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 3.08Of the many worlds is a cute story about first contact and aliens and scarcity.

Sashaddin
(3): Skygazer, Gimm1ck, Exilon
<--LYNCH

Skygazer

Not Voting
(1): Baezu

Deadline:

Mod notes: A lynch has been achieved!

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #633 (isolation #40) » Fri May 10, 2019 4:04 am

Post by Plotinus »

Day 3 Lynch - Sashaddin

Sashaddin has been lynched day 3. He was a
vanilla townie.
The
mafia, Baezu and Skygazer
have won Newbie 1927! Thanks for playing everyone, and thanks to Lycanfire for being such an awesome backup mod.
[/area]

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #634 (isolation #41) » Fri May 10, 2019 4:09 am

Post by Plotinus »

day 1
  • Moomn
    is lynched with 1 scum on his wagon.

night 1
  • Froce
    is tracking
    Gimm1ck
    (success: went nowhere) .
  • PvtUrist
    is protecting
    Exilon
    . (success: Exilon lives)
  • Baezu
    is killing
    Voted
    . (success: Voted dies)

day 2
  • Froce is lynched with 1 scum on his wagon.

night 2
  • PvtUrist
    is protecting
    Exilon
    . (success: Exilon lives)
  • Skygazer
    is killing
    PvtUrist
    . (success: dies)

day 3
  • Sashaddin
    is lynched with 1 scum on his wagon.

Links

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #635 (isolation #42) » Fri May 10, 2019 4:15 am

Post by Plotinus »

I think this game would have gone better for town if there had been more wagonning earlier in the day phases, so that there would have been time to get a claim and change to a different lynch if the person turned out to be a PR or was able to town things up. Activity levels were pretty low this game, but there was a lot of analysis and critical thinking and I think both sides played well overall.

As a note, it's not okay to the post in the thread if you were dead, even if you think the game is over -- because people could always be twilight trolling you might influence the game by causing the living players to believe you had been spoiled. In this case, the game really was over so no harm was done, but please be mindful of that in the future.

This game is now open for post game commentary, and so
now
you can post here even if you were dead and even if you didn't play.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #640 (isolation #43) » Fri May 10, 2019 4:26 am

Post by Plotinus »

no, pvturist was. Your post was fine because there's always a small chance that everybody miscounted and you weren't really lynched, so you count as alive until the mod says you're dead, and the game counts as ongoing until the mod says it's over.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #646 (isolation #44) » Sat May 11, 2019 5:37 am

Post by Plotinus »

The Mafia PT has been released.