League of Legends: The New Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4125 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 8:14 am

Post by mastina »

In post 4124, PJ. wrote:You play on Oceania from america? Yikes
Don't see the problem with that. I don't get any lag as far as I can tell. (If I did, I could plausibly claim it as an excuse for my failures, but no, I just suck that badly. :P)

Vice versa, girlfriend who has no problem on Oceana, wouldn't be the case; they'd lag like hell if playing on the American server.

So it's a simple matter of convenience. I have no trouble with their server, they'd have trouble on my server, I'm playing mostly for them, so I do the obvious.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4126 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 10:07 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Lucian is a much better win lane champion for low elos. If you can't pull off the "I got a 20csd at 15 and first tower so I won lane" shtick with Cait and Ashe you lost lane by default. Why put yourself through that? Lucian gets outranged, but if you suck with Ashe and Cait, then you're not going to get punished by people you play against. He has mobility, unlike Ashe. He has an auto that doesn't take 5 years to animate, unlike Cait. Lucian builds whatever the fuck he wants. Crit path. Bork cleaver. Ghostblade rush to force an early surrender. Ashe gets to choose between building IE before or after GA. Cait's best build is only possible because adc itemization numbers are busted.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4127 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 10:15 am

Post by Ankamius »

What do adcs even build nowadays
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4128 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Lycanfire »

spiky sword and a bunch of double swords
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4129 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 10:29 am

Post by Ankamius »

Wtf did we go back to the season 2 builds?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4130 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 10:32 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Since the alternative is a snowflake on hit build

actually yes. only thing that is missing is wits end/malady kogmaw.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4131 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 10:52 am

Post by Ankamius »

wow

I'm sure missing a lot
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4132 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 4125, mastina wrote:
In post 4124, PJ. wrote:You play on Oceania from america? Yikes
Don't see the problem with that. I don't get any lag as far as I can tell. (If I did, I could plausibly claim it as an excuse for my failures, but no, I just suck that badly. :P)

Vice versa, girlfriend who has no problem on Oceana, wouldn't be the case; they'd lag like hell if playing on the American server.

So it's a simple matter of convenience. I have no trouble with their server, they'd have trouble on my server, I'm playing mostly for them, so I do the obvious.
I feel that there's 0 chance in hell that your ping isn't like 250-300 on the Oceania server.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #4133 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by Psyche »

i wanna try it
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4134 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 12:03 pm

Post by PJ. »

Vayne runs the on hit shit. And MF still can use the lethality build.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4135 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 12:07 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 4126, Lycanfire wrote:Lucian is a much better win lane champion for low elos. If you can't pull off the "I got a 20csd at 15 and first tower so I won lane" shtick with Cait and Ashe you lost lane by default. Why put yourself through that? Lucian gets outranged, but if you suck with Ashe and Cait, then you're not going to get punished by people you play against. He has mobility, unlike Ashe. He has an auto that doesn't take 5 years to animate, unlike Cait. Lucian builds whatever the fuck he wants. Crit path. Bork cleaver. Ghostblade rush to force an early surrender. Ashe gets to choose between building IE before or after GA. Cait's best build is only possible because adc itemization numbers are busted.
I like Ashe a lot for all elos. She can teach you the basics of the game, she is safe in lane, she'll ease you in to map awateness, and you don't have to wait for other people to initiate for you. She is the most do-it-yourself ADC out of all them because she has such a unique kit and isn't nearly as out damage as she used to be now that she has the bees.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4136 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 12:08 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Play who you want to play
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4137 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 12:09 pm

Post by Psyche »

Much of the time she feels like the only adc with real agency over what happens in a game. Though may be bc in general I tend to overestimate the value of CC/utility and underestimate the value of damage or mobility.
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4138 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 12:11 pm

I had a 90% winrate with jungle fiddlesticks and mid 60s with most other champions last season over like 100 games. If you want to be able to carry you need to jungle if that's not your top priority it doesn't really matter who you play as long as you play them well
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4139 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 12:13 pm

If ur averaging a 50%ish winrate your issue is not ur champion of choice

If you're not climbing as fast as you want when you're better than everyone you should start jungling
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4140 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 12:42 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Ashe is great, but my point is that you need to scrape your knees to get to a level beyond "I do the shooting from behind the big boys".
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4141 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 1:06 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 4139, RadiantCowbells wrote:If ur averaging a 50%ish winrate your issue is not ur champion of choice

If you're not climbing as fast as you want when you're better than everyone you should start jungling
They keep nerfing the jungle. I don't feel like it's worth it anymore.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4142 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 1:09 pm

As of this January games felt unlosable as jg

Idk if there has been major nerfs since then
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4143 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 1:44 pm

Post by PJ. »

I feel like 1 mistake and you're just forever behind, but you're also a much better player than me so there's probably ways to alleviate it.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4144 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 1:48 pm

Post by Psyche »

jungle certainly feels like the role that matters the most, though im sure mid can be played the same way with champs like TF, Sol, Taliyah
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4145 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 2:21 pm

Post by Alisae »

Better jungler wins
GTKAS
| here.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4146 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 2:58 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4126, Lycanfire wrote:Lucian is a much better win lane champion for low elos.
Ironically when I am UP AGAINST Lucian he seems to be one of the easiest champs for me to consistently beat in a firefight?

So maybe that's coloring my perceptions in being a little hesitant to buy that. I'm shit, but I can usually beat Lucian; that kinda tells me Lucian's beatable by shit and thus more shitty. :P
In post 4126, Lycanfire wrote:He has mobility, unlike Ashe.
Mobility and I don't get along in general. I like hitting fast and hitting from range, and Ashe/Caitlyn are pretty good in those two fields respectably.
In post 4127, Ankamius wrote:What do adcs even build nowadays
According to the guide for Caitlyn which I lazily also use for Ashe even though technically speaking I know it's not the
most
optimal, Doran's Blade as an initial purchase for help in early firefights (I used to just use the 500 gold to as a bonus gold, but my girlfriend talked me into it), then rushing Infinity Edge via BF Sword+the other two, then going into The Bloodthirster (via a second BF Sword + two longswords + the upgrade for the longsword), then going into Berserker's Greaves (via Boots of Speed plus the dagger), then going into both Rapid Firecannon + Statikk Shiv (which use the same items, and accessed best via the dagger to upgraded dagger first to get the shock effect earlier rather than later for crowd control).

Granted that's just what I was read in a guide linked to me by my girlfriend (which I don't actually understand the order of perfectly, this being just my guess/interpretation of it), so.
In post 4132, PJ. wrote:I feel that there's 0 chance in hell that your ping isn't like 250-300 on the Oceania server.
Oh you mean that blue circle thing at the top of the game screen? Caps out at about 200. At most, 220. Never goes above that, actually. Sometimes drops as low as 180.

My internet has two speed settings:
"Stupidly slow as donkey's ass, shitty as to almost be dial-up speeds" and "Stellarly fast"; there's no middle ground between the two. If I'm the former, NOTHING using the internet (not even low-resource sites like forums such as mafiascum.net) will load yet alone a game; if I'm the latter, EVERYTHING using the internet will load incredibly fast.
In post 4140, Lycanfire wrote:Ashe is great, but my point is that you need to scrape your knees to get to a level beyond "I do the shooting from behind the big boys".
I was pretty much advised to do exactly that--hide behind people and let them soak the damage first. :P

Get chastised all the time for being too far forward, honestly, tho that's something which isn't always my fault (and when it is, it's usually because I KNOW it's stupid, but I'm trying to make a power play anyway, e.g. trying to basically solo-destroy a tower).
In post 4145, Alisae wrote:Better jungler wins
In my experience, limited as it may be, yeah; I've had games where a team didn't have a jungler (albeit half the time assigning someone to the jungle ANYWAY, just clearly ill-suited for it) and the team without one/with a makeshift jungler lost each time.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4147 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 6:30 pm

Post by Alisae »

oh btw im a support main
I think support champions are the most fun champions I've ever played in league tbh.
GTKAS
| here.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4148 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 6:58 pm

Post by Psyche »

soon you will only be able to experience fun when you are winning
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4149 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2019 7:08 pm

Post by Alisae »

A. I’ve play during S4 and already have experienced that
B. I am only playing with friends because I don’t wanna support low elo adcs the stuff I’ve seen so far trying to level this account up is horrifying
GTKAS
| here.

Return to “The Arcade”