Boosting in-game activity: difficulties and solutions

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Mon May 13, 2019 6:29 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Spread a rumor that getting the high post # not only makes you lock town, but is also proof that you weren't born with a micropenis. If somebody threatens to take the top slot from you you're going to need to treat it like a personal attack. The meltdown you have in the thread should be worth a good 100 or more posts depending on how much you milk it.

Also because you are the towniest player with a magnum dong you are going to die on N1, so it's important to get your first thousand posts out of the way on day 1, because people are petty enough to kill you for that reason alone.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Mon May 13, 2019 10:54 am

Post by Lycanfire »

I'd say the problem isn't activity. It's readability.

A spam poster is hard to read because they're talking about a bunch of meaningless shit.

A wall poster writes a novel before giving the most important info.

But wait, there's more!

There's a particularly slimy kind of poster I'll introduce you to. You've probably met them out in the wild. They're called NAI posters. A NAI poster is so bad at playing scum (imagine this in the current year :lol:) that they will cleanse any of their town posts of anything interesting or readable in order to further their scumgame.

Lastly there are lurkers, that either shouldn't have been in the game, aren't being allowed to get into the game, or don't know how to play and certainly haven't bothered to ask for help.

In the end it's about getting what you want. People don't necessarily want 100 posts of everyone each day. They want information. It would be a better idea to call for a meta shift where readability becomes king. Instead of respecting every special ray of sunshine people should accuse others that make it hard to form reads on. Townies will adapt and give people want they want. Scums lose a tool and have to perfect a new one.
Last edited by Lycanfire on Mon May 13, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Mon May 13, 2019 11:36 am

Post by Lycanfire »

I'm not suggesting a policy lynch. I'm suggesting a meta shift. Identify a set of behaviors as scummy. Accuse player of being scum. They either stop roleplaying as scum or make friends with rope.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #3) » Mon May 13, 2019 12:51 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I'm sure people have scumread obfuscation. I certainly have before.

The only new part to it is that I'm suggesting to categorically group all kinds of obfuscation together as scummy.

Give people posts to care about. See if more people want to play.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #4) » Mon May 13, 2019 4:59 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

There's a difference between "has tells" and "says anything that you could possibly read into".

Compare:
"I think there's scum in A, B, C, and D."

and:
"A is obvious scum. Don't believe me? Post 666 is never made by town A. This is today's lynch, and if it isn't, it's tomorrows lynch."

What's more helpful if A flips scum?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #5) » Mon May 13, 2019 5:00 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

psyche i agree everyone is running boring games so please don't take your frustration out on me. not only am i blameless but i was born innocent and free of sin.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”