bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 9:47 am

Post by bob3141 »

were i was talking about your push on gamr early day 2.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 10:22 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1371, Exilon wrote:Of note is the "real time" analysis he did where he kept posting before finishing his whole thought process which I thought couldn't possibly come from scum (especially new scum), but I'm very open to different interpretations of this.
Like I was discussing with skitter earlier, the open ended analysis done over time (and with little-to-no strongly held conclusions at the end) was precisely how I played my second scum game.

Obviously, my meta isn't his meta, but I don't think it's town-indicative
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 10:23 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1373, Exilon wrote:me:
"oh, so humble and honest-
nvm"

#humblebrag
no, you hit it with the honest part (but yeah, I don't think I've ever been mistook for humble~)
103-11 0-2
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 12:46 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1340, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 490, Garmr wrote:
In post 488, Sashaddin wrote:Here my ideas in case I go:

Town:

Garmr
Bob
Ruirui

Null:

URAP2
Fixed this list for you
gross post
While being 100% completely right. I'm just that good.
garmr/skitter/egix
I'm completely willing to lynch the other two since they aren't on my town list. I can even pretend to be scum for you while lynching them! I'll make a make pretend Private thread in game, I'll invite another townie lets say Bob, Bob is fun.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 1:03 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1378, Garmr wrote:While being 100% completely right. I'm just that good.
For your sig, after the game :lol: :lol:

While being 100% completely right. I'm just that good. -Garmr (Wasn't Right)
103-11 0-2
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 1:12 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1379, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 1378, Garmr wrote:While being 100% completely right. I'm just that good.
For your sig, after the game :lol: :lol:

While being 100% completely right. I'm just that good. -Garmr (Wasn't Right)
Lol that would be funny to have in my sig.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 1:16 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

I could put it in my sig
It would go nicely with the two other scum players I’ve caught in the past.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 1:24 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1333, Garmr wrote:PS:Skitter don't complain about sash not getting lynched when you play a big part of it by pushing both of sash's counter wagons and when I pointed out something you.
i mean i wanted him lynched at eod yesterday and tried pushing it when it was still viable, but sure
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1334, Detective Pikachu wrote:Skitter walk me through, what is the basis of your scumread on exi?
his posting feels like it's ~there to be there~. i don't really feel like he really ~believes~ most of what he's saying (or, in other words, i feel like a lot his posting is iioa)
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1381, Inferno390 wrote:I could put it in my sig
It would go nicely with the two other scum players I’ve caught in the past.
Sure go for it do it now. Then write next to it after the game "Urap2 being wrong about garmr being wrong, while I'm wrong about scum reading garmr."
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1335, Exilon wrote:Cause you have no better options at the moment should be a fairly compelling reason. Like, if everyone's a nullread to you, you have to make some concessions on what you're willing to scumread. Otherwise, you're just going to fence sit and that's guaranteed to not lynch scum. I recognize this as obvious to you so I don't know why you're not pushing more, instead of saying you're trying to.
that's why i'm pushing you?

i'm aware that i don't have enough scumreads, and i'm aware that i have too many nullreads; in fact, i'm pretty sure i explicitly said this was why i was pushing you, more than once

and i'm a little wary of people in my 'would lynch' group pushing other people in my 'woud lynch' group
In post 1335, Exilon wrote:But to jump from there to "I think you're just intently trying to paint him in scummier light" is your own bias interjecting; to use your own words, you've provided no compelling evidence for why that interpretation is more likely than me having a genuine scumread and trying to build on it.
i mean, again, most of what you're calling him out on isn't ai

so yeah, when i read a big post calling him out for nai things, i think that you're trying to paint him in a bad light. that's why i'm having trouble seeing your case being townie.

i don't think the scumread is genuine because the things you're calling him out for aren't actually scummy
In post 1335, Exilon wrote:Let me put it another way:
How much more likely is it that this comes from town than scum?
honestly, i don't know
i do think that town does this
i also think, now that we've clarified that he was in fact still scumreading cdb, that it is more likely to come from scum, and that you do have a point here
In post 1335, Exilon wrote:I'm over this. Your subjective opinion is irrelevant to what is an objective argument and you shouldn't be mixing both, but whatever.
If you don't feel the analysis is substantial, then that's valid.
ok
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 1:43 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1343, Detective Pikachu wrote:First the main thing is a structural shift, from doing multiquotes in the early game to more doing pithy posts and then getting into 1v1 walls with exilon. Feels like she switched from presenting analysis to playing the room.

There's also a few odd repetitions -- "inferno may be town" --> "inferno is town" without a lot of development on either read as though she forgot she already said inferno town

she also repeats she's a she but doesn't call exilon out on not reading her posts immediately, even though she does come to scumread him

I don't like the 'iioa' charge in the long multi part response to 1043 and 1160 feels weird after the massive wall post in tone

even the rvs posts with the backpedal on ausuka bother me
a) i've been in a pithy posting phase these past couple of weeks. i have been switching back to walls if i felt lik a post/point needed it

b) it's not that i forgot that i'd said inferno was town so much as i'm kinda affirming the read and giving an update (albeit the update is that it hadn't changed much)

c) sorry, i'm not sure what the third paragraph (the one about exilon) is referring to at this point

d) i felt like his posts are/were iioa and that he's using that to engage with the thread

e) i think was in the same spurt of posts as the wall and once i'd finished catching up i put down the vote (ie as opposed to doing it in the same post; i don't like to vote in middle of catchups when i don't know what happened in the unread posts)

f) it wasn't really a backpedal - i thought the post was scummy, but i didn't think it was a reason to inherently townread her
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 1:44 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1350, Detective Pikachu wrote:I don't think 1157 not striking me as a townie case on exilon is a personality trait
ok why was it not a townie case?
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 1:45 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1355, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 1352, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 1350, Detective Pikachu wrote:I don't think 1157 not striking me as a townie case on exilon is a personality trait
I agreed with her that his analysis was heavy on the iioa, so i don't think that's wrong. What makes it not a townie case? I think that entire post and case is well within both of skitters ranges (town and scum)
Can you point to an example where skitter scumreads someone for an excess of iioa as town?
i can't think of an example offhand; if i remember one i'll post it
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 1:46 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1365, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 1362, u r a person 2 wrote:that I'm voting here day 1
who wants to play "is this a townslip?"

does scum forget that we're on day 2? lol
urap is town for many reasons, but this is not one of them
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 1:48 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i still like my ausuka vote i think
Show
Hiatus once more.

Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:24 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1365, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 1362, u r a person 2 wrote:that I'm voting here day 1
who wants to play "is this a townslip?"

does scum forget that we're on day 2? lol
I did think that that was just a typo at first, but then again, him saying "that would be kinda nuts" implies that he legit thought we were still in D1.

And I would guess that that's a slight touch >rand town.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:36 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1378, Garmr wrote: I'm completely willing to lynch the other two since they aren't on my town list. I can even
pretend to be scum
for you while lynching them! I'll make a make pretend Private thread in game, I'll invite
another
townie
lets say Bob
, Bob is fun.
No need to pretend!

Bake 'em away, toys :cop:
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2019 12:52 am

Post by Exilon »

In post 1385, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1335, Exilon wrote:Cause you have no better options at the moment should be a fairly compelling reason. Like, if everyone's a nullread to you, you have to make some concessions on what you're willing to scumread. Otherwise, you're just going to fence sit and that's guaranteed to not lynch scum. I recognize this as obvious to you so I don't know why you're not pushing more, instead of saying you're trying to.

i'm aware that i don't have enough scumreads, and i'm aware that i have too many nullreads; in fact, i'm pretty sure i explicitly said this was why i was pushing you, more than once

and i'm a little wary of people in my 'would lynch' group pushing other people in my 'woud lynch' group
I'm very aware you said it and you justified it, I didn't miss it and I mentioned that you said it.
I just don't feel pushed at all, and for that matter, I don't think you're really pushing as much as you say you want to or actually do. That's my point.

Cause you stated you wanted to push your nullreads, and that's Egix/Exi/Ausuka, but then voted me *after* my read on him, and then voted Ausuka and that's... been sitting there, I guess, cause you've done nothing with it (no interaction, no discussion, it's literally just there), like wtf?

What I want to say is that your "pushes", if you wanna call them that, have not been proactive in any way. They're reactive and you're not doing much with them. You go as far as defending one of the people you had nullread on that you stated you would like to push, without even TR'ing him.

to add insult to injury, you shift votes mid-discussion with me to Ausuka, not because Ausuka is scummy or should be pushed (from what I gather), but because maybe the wagon on me isn't taking off?

All of this is just so incredibly incoherent to me from a town standpoint. It's clearly contributing to the stall that you're pointing out the game is in as well.

In post 1335, Exilon wrote:But to jump from there to "I think you're just intently trying to paint him in scummier light" is your own bias interjecting; to use your own words, you've provided no compelling evidence for why that interpretation is more likely than me having a genuine scumread and trying to build on it.

so yeah, when i read a big post calling him out for nai things, i think that you're trying to paint him in a bad light. that's why i'm having trouble seeing your case being townie.

i don't think the scumread is genuine because the things you're calling him out for aren't actually scummy
I believe that's the issue right there.
I genuinely think his posts fit with a Scum!Egix world. There's nothing in Egix's ISO that makes me go "oh, this definitely comes from town mindset". On the other hand, there's a few things that make me go "uh, this feels like it's scum mindset". It clicks into place for me. Maybe it doesn't for you. That's valid. But you're taking that and instead of thinking "maybe I really just don't get what he's seeing" (for whatever reason), you're going "he's not seeing anything, he's just faking".

From an objective standpoint I think the first option is more plausible than the first. But that's your choice to make. And we'll see how it turns out.

honestly, i don't know
i also think, now that we've clarified that he was in fact still scumreading cdb, that it is more likely to come from scum, and that you do have a point here
And... are you going to do anything with this info?
Feels like I've been here before.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2019 12:52 am

Post by Exilon »

In post 1385, skitter30 wrote:

I'm very aware you said it and you justified it, I didn't miss it and I mentioned that you said it.
I just don't feel pushed at all, and for that matter, I don't think you're really pushing as much as you say you want to or actually do. That's my point.

Cause you stated you wanted to push your nullreads, and that's Egix/Exi/Ausuka, but then voted me *after* my read on him, and then voted Ausuka and that's... been sitting there, I guess, cause you've done nothing with it (no interaction, no discussion, it's literally just there), like wtf?

What I want to say is that your "pushes", if you wanna call them that, have not been proactive in any way. They're reactive and you're not doing much with them. You go as far as defending one of the people you had nullread on that you stated you would like to push, without even TR'ing him.

to add insult to injury, you shift votes mid-discussion with me to Ausuka, not because Ausuka is scummy or should be pushed (from what I gather), but because maybe the wagon on me isn't taking off?

All of this is just so incredibly incoherent to me from a town standpoint. It's clearly contributing to the stall that you're pointing out the game is in as well.

I believe that's the issue right there.
I genuinely think his posts fit with a Scum!Egix world. There's nothing in Egix's ISO that makes me go "oh, this definitely comes from town mindset". On the other hand, there's a few things that make me go "uh, this feels like it's scum mindset". It clicks into place for me. Maybe it doesn't for you. That's valid. But you're taking that and instead of thinking "maybe I really just don't get what he's seeing" (for whatever reason), you're going "he's not seeing anything, he's just faking".

From an objective standpoint I think the first option is more plausible than the first. But that's your choice to make. And we'll see how it turns out.

honestly, i don't know
And... are you going to do anything with this info?
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2019 12:52 am

Post by Exilon »

fuck. sorry for doublepost.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2019 1:02 am

Post by skitter30 »

If you want a line-by-line response i can do that, but not till i'm at a pc(much) later today

I think that you're basically using this argument with me as a way to stay engaged with the thread and to look busy - since this argument started this is basically what you've been posting about, and what your content is about.

But despite this, you're not actually doing anything about it - vote me if you think i'm scum, don't spend a week writing walls in my direction and dancing around the read.

(I believe there's scum in exilon/garmr byw)

Also a lot of the things you're calling me out on a personality thing; we have very different definitions of pushing (as i went over already with hrg iirc)

Kinda hard to interact with ausuka more when she hasn't really been posting. And of course i voted ausuka cuz i think she should be pushed, why would you say i voted hef 'not because she's scummy or should be pushed'? And yeah i at least partially switched off of you since it wasn't getting traction. Thjs is scummh because ....

I also don't think it's fair to attribute the stall in the game to me given that i'm easily one of the most active players ffs.
Show
Hiatus once more.

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2019 1:20 am

Post by Garmr »

Does anyone actually town read skitter this game? Just asking because I don't.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2019 1:27 am

Post by skitter30 »

So wagon me
Show
Hiatus once more.

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2019 1:32 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1398, skitter30 wrote:So wagon me
VOTE: Skitter

I'll bite just got to get my dot points and format them into a case.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”