Tell me how not to hate mafia

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Wed May 15, 2019 9:04 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

me/keychain/cheekyteeky/nsg was indeed best hydra ever ty
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #146 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:21 pm

it's okay you're adorable
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #165 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:17 am

in LOL when you get better you also get better opponents. if you're meaningfully better than everyone else in the game, you should have no difficulties carrying it regardless of what your team does really.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #168 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:39 am

In post 166, Ramcius wrote:RC, who is towns opponent in mafia? Scum or town itself? I'm at the point, where I believe that town competes with themselves to solve game, while scum is trying to disrupt them as best as they can and win, when town runs out of time so to say
it's neither

town's opponent is the general town environment and usually the harms to it come moreso from town than scum

you may need to lynch scum but town are generally the biggest barriers to doing that
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #169 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:00 am

most people aren't good enough as scum to be a large threat to town wincon as scum but a lot of people are bad enough as town to be a threat to the town wincondition as town
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #203 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:55 am

I have a lot of thoughts on this but I really don't think the issue is high quality mafia as much as just... people playing to imagined winconditions versus actual ones.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #204 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:04 am

If anything I think if top end mafia play was more competitive and more play to win you wouldn't have as much creating discord unnecessarily.

For all the bashing it gets to the point of being inherently called toxic I think winrate focused play creates a much healthier game environment than a world of wanting to be right on something special. I'm perpetually amused by self declared mediocre players performing better than people who think they're ~the shit~ because they approach the game differently.

I think part of the issue is that a lot of the 'canon' on who is good and who isn't is just dead wrong and tons of players who are huge bumps to town win equity in their games get ignored because they weren't sitting their screaming from the rooftops that someone was scum in their games and no one really cares about their role in retrospect.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”