Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:15 am

Post by Something_Smart »

First.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:17 am

Alright, everyone claim your role immediately.

I'm a 2-Shot Ninja.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:07 am

Hey, do I not count as knowing you?

Mods are people too
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #11 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:12 am

Fair enough.

Soon, you will :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #18 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:28 am

I always claim day one. It provides ample information for me to read people off of.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #35 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:15 am

In post 31, rosterfoster wrote:Woah that’s harsh.
Yeah TTTT that's a bit much for people who don't know the reference :P
We're memeing by quoting James3 from the last Timeshift game. He was... quite a character.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #55 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:06 pm

Lol, it's a reference to James3 in the last Timeshift. He got the bright idea of claiming cop in his first post as scum and was immediately counterclaimed.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #57 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:08 pm

LOL.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #74 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:03 pm

I mean I haven't really done anything besides shitposting yet
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #117 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:05 am

In post 115, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:If this is another callback from James3 in the last game I both don't think it is helpful and would ask that they at least be earmarked as such
I'm pretty sure it is
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #118 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:09 am

In post 70, RadiantCowbells wrote:i'm here to shit post and shit post

and i'm all out of shit posting
Why do I feel like this sums up this game perfectly so far
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #196 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:08 am

In post 195, Time Devil wrote:Yahmose's "can kill" claim doesn't sit right with me, especially considering . (probably scum, if Yahmose is a scum!vig we're doomed)
wat
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #219 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:55 am

In post 218, Latrodectus wrote:The wagon composition and the location of the specific names on that wagon makes it likely that Rightodude is town! =)
It's awfully early to be making a read like this...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #223 (isolation #13) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:17 am

In post 221, Latrodectus wrote:You must not know who Alacrity is! =)
Nor, apparently, do I know who is in the hydra... :roll:

Who is Alacrity? Do you know me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #335 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:27 pm

In post 334, Firebringer wrote:u can cut out the roleplay. I don't see what ur even roleplaying as with this gimmick ur going for
+1

I am having an extraordinarily hard time taking this game seriously and I think this is the main reason why
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #336 (isolation #15) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:29 pm

Well, more than just mastina, looking through the past few pages the amount of actual game content is like 25%.

Mastina it would definitely help if you cut that out. It would also help if the people who have strong opinions could summarize them along with some easy-to-check reasoning so we don't have to keep digging through fluff looking for content.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #337 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:34 pm

Specifically I want to hear from the people on the righto wagon, including Firebringer who may or may not have realized he inherited a vote on the largest wagon.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #346 (isolation #17) » Wed May 01, 2019 5:59 am

In post 343, Time Devil wrote:And there's still the issue of controlling votes in (still Random Stage here though) and (not Random Stage this time!).
By "controlling votes" do you mean "asking people to vote with her?"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #421 (isolation #18) » Thu May 02, 2019 7:22 am

In post 420, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:But otoh, naked voting is supersketch.
Is it really?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #440 (isolation #19) » Thu May 02, 2019 7:50 am

In post 426, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:I think so because town usually either gives a reason or claims to be sheeping.
I think I, for one, naked vote more as town than as scum. As town my attitude is "I'll do what I want, idc what people think" whereas as scum I don't want to be put on the defensive.

Just because town always HAS a reason for voting (and this is true of scum too, although it's not always true that scum have a reason they'd be willing to share) doesn't mean they'll always SAY it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #442 (isolation #20) » Thu May 02, 2019 7:52 am

Is "no clue" your expected response?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #449 (isolation #21) » Thu May 02, 2019 8:00 am

In post 445, Firebringer wrote:how well do u think I can read u?
Honestly don't know. You used to be able to read me well but it's been a while and my playstyle has changed a shitton since then.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #451 (isolation #22) » Thu May 02, 2019 8:02 am

You don't think I'd be able to fake those answers as scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #474 (isolation #23) » Thu May 02, 2019 8:58 am

How is that shade?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #478 (isolation #24) » Thu May 02, 2019 9:09 am

In that post he didn't say that anything you did was scummy...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #484 (isolation #25) » Thu May 02, 2019 9:14 am

That wasn't the post you quoted when you said "more shade" though. Were you referring to the quoted post or something different with that?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #528 (isolation #26) » Thu May 02, 2019 11:32 am

In post 522, rosterfoster wrote:I feel like I'm not playing this game properly. Sorry.
you are definitely not the only one
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #537 (isolation #27) » Thu May 02, 2019 11:38 am

I have had very similar interactions with town-him in the past so I don't know where you're getting that from
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #541 (isolation #28) » Thu May 02, 2019 11:42 am

Hell if I want to go digging through games from 2+ years ago... but I certainly don't think his behavior toward me was something he wouldn't do as town.

The only recent game I've played with him was MD but I don't remember how much we interacted.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #544 (isolation #29) » Thu May 02, 2019 11:51 am

Oh yeah, I forgot you were in Excalibur. That might have been what I was thinking of.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #561 (isolation #30) » Fri May 03, 2019 7:23 am

In post 560, Yahmose wrote:I am here, and my opinions have not changed.
You have yet to share any so that isn't really helpful.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #637 (isolation #31) » Sun May 05, 2019 3:35 pm

In post 624, TTTT wrote:I 0% believe mastina has a town role that tells her 4 slots are town

VOTE: mastina
Okay obviously not. Did you think she was actually serious with those claims?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #645 (isolation #32) » Sun May 05, 2019 3:47 pm

In post 639, Firebringer wrote:Something_Smart what is ur reads?
Uhh

You, Yahmose, roster, Latro
everyone else
mastina, TTTT

They're not very strong though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #648 (isolation #33) » Sun May 05, 2019 3:49 pm

The crumb.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #722 (isolation #34) » Mon May 06, 2019 5:59 pm

In post 718, Time Devil wrote:Considering Firebringer's opening post (), is there a universe where Firebringer is actually a Town Backup Cop?
That opening is not indicative of anything other than Firebringer being Firebringer.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #746 (isolation #35) » Tue May 07, 2019 11:24 am

In post 743, rosterfoster wrote:Not reading the game
is
scummy.
[citation needed]
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #749 (isolation #36) » Tue May 07, 2019 11:26 am

It depends if the gamestate is more conducive to town disengagement than scum disengagement.

I'd say right now it's more conducive to town disengagement, but I might be biased because I'm pretty disengaged.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #840 (isolation #37) » Wed May 08, 2019 10:31 am

In post 825, Latrodectus wrote:uhhhhh

Akarin posted in the hydra PT at some point that there were SKs in some of the other timeshift games

do you think she's an SK
That's a weird question...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #842 (isolation #38) » Wed May 08, 2019 2:43 pm

Do you think Yahmose would be so blatant as SK to claim a killing role, shoot someone who crumbed a PR, and then claim the kill?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #922 (isolation #39) » Sat May 11, 2019 3:03 am

In post 915, TTTT wrote:it's unacceptable that dude dropped his claim and disappeared
also he had time to write a story
The story was a copypasta I believe

I know I've heard it before so he didn't write it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #923 (isolation #40) » Sat May 11, 2019 3:04 am

It probably means that he'd been intending to claim for a while.

I don't know whether that makes me believe the claim more or less.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #934 (isolation #41) » Sat May 11, 2019 12:31 pm

In post 932, rightodude wrote:I got it off of r/copypasta
What do you expect
Did you look up the story immediately before you claimed, or did you plan out in advance that you were going to use it to claim?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #959 (isolation #42) » Wed May 15, 2019 4:42 pm

Before doing what?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #963 (isolation #43) » Thu May 16, 2019 1:55 am

:thonk:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #966 (isolation #44) » Thu May 16, 2019 3:08 am

In post 965, Time Devil wrote:I believe that Rainbow is town, but I'm not saying Rainbow is green checked.

Firebringer might be scum, but I'm not voting him because his check seems good
These two things don't add up

Do you think the check is real or don't you?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #972 (isolation #45) » Thu May 16, 2019 3:13 am

I think I get it. You don't necessarily think he's a cop but you can easily see it because his check would make a lot of sense.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #974 (isolation #46) » Thu May 16, 2019 3:14 am

One small question.

If he's a backup cop, he wasn't able to use his ability until N2. How does he have a result already?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1055 (isolation #47) » Sun May 19, 2019 9:45 am

Shit sorry I'm stupid

I knew I'd forget to declare my V/LA here :/ Thanks for seeing it anyway and not replacing me Defender
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1059 (isolation #48) » Mon May 20, 2019 1:47 am

What is the VC looking like?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1060 (isolation #49) » Mon May 20, 2019 1:49 am

Oh Eyes is at L-1.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1074 (isolation #50) » Mon May 20, 2019 8:51 am

In post 1072, Eyes without a face wrote:It is according to the mod. He says Timeshifted actions are those that are NOT by the Timeshift mechanic! (It's puzzled me too)
That is... horribly confusing
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1077 (isolation #51) » Mon May 20, 2019 9:04 am

In post 1076, Titus wrote:I am too tired to this shit.
Lol no kidding
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1083 (isolation #52) » Mon May 20, 2019 10:24 am

There's a separate "replacements" spoiler in the OP.

It confused me at first, too.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1129 (isolation #53) » Thu May 23, 2019 3:47 am

You should probably wait until everyone checks in.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1131 (isolation #54) » Thu May 23, 2019 4:00 am

I mean, there are several. Framer, bus driver, or just dumb townie who was really confident in their read.

What do we have to lose by waiting a bit?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1136 (isolation #55) » Thu May 23, 2019 7:10 am

In post 1133, Eyes without a face wrote:You try to gambit and lie and this will be my response 10 times out of 10.
Ironic.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1137 (isolation #56) » Thu May 23, 2019 7:12 am

Not hammering btw.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1165 (isolation #57) » Fri May 24, 2019 1:11 am

In post 1159, Ankamius wrote:This was a game...
That's pretty much how I feel too.

Setup idea is cool, but this specific setup was pretty scumsided, and the mechanics were pretty confusing (using "Timeshifted" to mean "not Timeshifted" is asking for trouble).

And the players that happened to pull PR didn't really make it better. (Eyes what the hell dude. Your justification was literally "lying and gambiting is bad, so if someone pulls a little gambit for reactions I'll FAKE A GUILTY ON THEM.")

Defender, if you're gonna run another Timeshift game, hit me up. I'll review it and see if I can't help clean up some of the issues this one had \o/
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1209 (isolation #58) » Mon May 27, 2019 6:22 am

Presumably, you only backed up non-delayed powers. Really light was a 1-shot Non-Delayed Cop 2-shot Cop, and you only got the non-delayed part, so one shot.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1212 (isolation #59) » Wed May 29, 2019 10:23 am

To be fair, I didn't actually have trouble understanding the mechanic. But I didn't want to be the one to explain it when literally nobody else was getting it, and I do agree that it's confusing and likely to mislead people who don't read super carefully.

I'd highly recommend doing away with the name "Timeshifted" and naming it something else like "Non-Delayed" that clearly communicates its function.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”