League of Legends: The New Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4150 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:38 am

Post by inte »

the only fun adc is draven. the rest feel like wet noodles
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #4151 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 8:58 pm

Post by Psyche »

yuumi feels terrifying to play
still curious to know what optimal play as her looks like
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4152 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 9:37 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4151, Psyche wrote:yuumi feels terrifying to play
still curious to know what optimal play as her looks like
Apparently in spite of being meant as support she's a really good adc right now?

Haven't gotten the chance to play her (I don't have the money to buy her :cry: ), but I've SEEN her played and she can be devastating.
Even someone who's incompetent can do a lot with her; she's OP as hell. Prolly gonna get nerfed a ton, so, uh...enjoy it while you can, if you can?
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4153 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 10:39 pm

Post by PJ. »

I don't think this is going to result in Yuumi nerfs...I think if this becomes a thing it's going to result in another huge adc item rework because the idea is to just use adc items good scaling + be a targeting nightmare by phasing in and out of invulnerability due to yuumi's signature mechanic. I don't think you can change the signature mechanic but you *can* fuck adcs again. Only other way I could see it is messing with her base ad/as or her ad/as growth, but that would probably just make her an even more ineffective support.

Edit: tbf, riot *did* try to prevent her from being able to do this by making her ap numbers bad, which is why she is likely a poor support and would be a poor mage but I just think this is just a mechanic that's too strong for the game. Thresh was like that when he first came out, where he just felt too strong for the game (and he's still kinda stupidly strong).
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4154 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2019 12:14 am

Post by Psyche »

as a support anyway her upsides dont really seem to make up for her downsides
she feels like a harder sona when id expect a bigger roi for playing her right
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4155 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2019 1:16 am

Post by PJ. »

Played her ADC, was not impressed. This won't be solo queue viable. The video that I saw it work in was all champs the synergized with her but in the wild, where people do not give a fuck about you or your opinion, it's very lack luster. She's just vayne or kaisa with strict rules as to when she can and can not be invulnerable but without a steroid and she can't attack during her ult and the ult last like..6 seconds. Like if someone tears you up on Yuumi adc, they'd probably rip you twice as hard on kaisa.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4156 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2019 8:55 am

Post by Lycanfire »

She's a lot like Janna. Free bf sword, but her shielding is more difficult to pull off. Her ability to peel is worse as well.

I've been ignoring her in lane and tanking her arrows. She's going to attach anyway so why ever hit her?

Yuumi might be really cool with someone like Cassiopeia. Only because of zoomie snake.

I like the concept but she's hella weak.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4157 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2019 10:38 am

Post by Psyche »

think she's decent w ez for being able to benefit from his own mobility
against casters she doesn't feel too bad in general
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4158 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 8:55 am

Post by Psyche »

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4159 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 10:07 am

Post by Psyche »

she feels fine now imo, though in matchups where enchanter supports are bad (eg vs engage supports) she feels especially bad, with the caveat that paired with safe/self-peeling adcs she has a reliable escape that other enchanters lack
on average she feels about as safe as other enchanters, but the safety is distributed differently - she feels safer in some situations where enchanters would experience more risk, and riskier in others (e.g. when supporting a katarina's dive into the middle of an enemy team)

whereas maybe some other champs get their "excitingness" from the sense of agency their kits bestow, with an ability for every moment, yuumi feels like riding a roller coaster whose course and speed you have no control over
her heal works best when your teammate is missing the most health, so you're encouraged to bind to an ally when doing so is the most dangerous - when they're on the edge of losing a fight

yuumi's q is ok (mediocre) in lane as a poking tool, and arguably pretty nice as a spellthief's proccing tool. Later on, its enhanced slow is decent for supporting engages and cleanups at the end of fights. At max level, it's an 1.75 second 80% slow that is super hard for enemies in its large (1175 unit) radius to dodge, and that's not worthless.

the speed-up in yuumi's e sort of synergizes with her q's function of supporting engages/cleanups, and the heal while weaker than soraka's, it is (usually) stronger than sona's and can be used twice in quick succession
her heal works best when your teammate is missing the most health, so you're encouraged to bind to an ally when doing so is the most dangerous - when they're on the edge of losing a fight
in general, whereas maybe some other champs get their "excitingness" from the sense of agency their kits bestow, with an ability for every moment, yuumi feels like riding a roller coaster whose course and speed you have no control over, and where taking the "scariest rides" (eg frontline or high-priority teammates on the edge of death) can offer the most benefit

it's very hard to measure the impact of the stats given from yuumi's w on the game because of how invisible they are
the binding itself is an interesting source of mobility and safety that potentially opens options as bizarre as not taking flash or otherwise investing in mobility on the one hand, and disvaluing stats like health and resistances on the other. And it can be useful for baiting and dodge skillshots too in theory. It does apply aerie, too, and that's cool I guess.

think much of yuumi's laning is worth doing unbinded for a lot of reasons, but especially because because of her passive, which grants her a (sharable!) shield and mana every 20s, and of course because of spellthiefs, which offers more gold than her Q alone can collect (esp when you take into account mana limitations). In some fights, it can be worthwhile to get that shield before binding to a teammate, especially since your heals aren't as effective for topping off already healthy teammates anyway. But I definitely haven't gotten into the habit of doing anything as risky as being unbinded during anything besides earlygame fights.

The ult of course is great and pretty easy to position, too. Doesn't hurt much at all, even with a full AP build. But the root is pretty easy to land on most enemies in a teamfight if you take advantage of her mobility.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4160 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:34 pm

Post by Psyche »

yah i think im giving up on her
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4161 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

I like her but her numbers probably need to get buffed again
To be clear: quack
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4162 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 1:39 pm

Post by Psyche »

i got an s on her right after this
really think the key is having an adc
her midgame and arguably her late too is quite alright if she can get through lane
i think they should let her proc passive on q or something, or improve the untargetability of her w so it happens on press (or alternatively just speed up the w)
make lane more survivable and her numbers are otherwise fine
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4163 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 1:39 pm

Post by Psyche »

think people are crazy not to take flash on her though
it saves her life frequently enough to be worth it
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4164 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 1:43 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Hotfix seems weak. I think her power should go to her shield if they touch her up more.

Yuumi shouldn't ever be a lane pick. I'd like her niche to be win harder as a lane counterpick paired with someone like Cait against an enemy that picks a super weak ad + melee support, 2v1/2v0 if laneswaps ever come back, or comp specific with speedy snake or booky bird. She strangely seems more promising paired with a mage down bot, but I can't say I've tried anything outside of Yuumi+Cass, and I had a pretty shit Cass game and my support was more interested in playing with their duo on the otherside of the map, instead of you know, bot lane.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4165 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2019 2:16 pm

Post by Psyche »

mean to say *safe* adc
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4166 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 12:16 pm

Post by Psyche »

and maybe also at least one tank or at least gold-rich bruiser
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4167 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 1:50 pm

Post by Iecerint »

In post 4164, Lycanfire wrote:Hotfix seems weak. I think her power should go to her shield if they touch her up more.

Yuumi shouldn't ever be a lane pick. I'd like her niche to be win harder as a lane counterpick paired with someone like Cait against an enemy that picks a super weak ad + melee support, 2v1/2v0 if laneswaps ever come back, or comp specific with speedy snake or booky bird. She strangely seems more promising paired with a mage down bot, but I can't say I've tried anything outside of Yuumi+Cass, and I had a pretty shit Cass game and my support was more interested in playing with their duo on the otherside of the map, instead of you know, bot lane.
Sona kinda has that covered though.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4168 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 2:21 pm

Post by Psyche »

yuumi is safer and has better engage and burst heal
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #4169 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 8:51 pm

Post by Clemency »

i feel like they should buff the stats her w gives because rn it feels like attaching doesnt actually do much for the person being attached to

and i wanna hit 2k ad on jhin
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4170 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2019 1:09 am

Post by Psyche »

I think Yuumi is ok right now but she might get buffs anyway. She has clear weaknesses but she's also strong in a lot of contexts. Like I said above, next to Sona she has some well-defined areas where she performs better. The engage/chase-down is much stronger and reliable, and she's far safer through fights.

I'm a lot more ambivalent lately about whether she needs flash or not. She definitely depends on flash a lot less than other champs. In some contexts, the flash keeps her alive after a lost fight, or it helps her attach to an all-too-far teammate who might die soon, or it's sufficient setup for her ult (I guess?). But it's hard to argue with the idea that in an actual fight where she's binded or able to be binded to an ally 99% of the time she's gonna see more benefit from having Exhaust/Ignite than a flash she won't use until she's gone. The added pressure from having both spells is hard to overrate and helps maximize the value of her W's utility. There's a similar argument for not taking boots on Yuumi, though I haven't really tried it yet.

I think the matter raises a clear weakness of Yuumi's, though, that's worsened even more by commitment to not moving around much on her own: Yuumi doesn't really get to roam alone safely! This can mean poorer warding and map pressure overall unless teammates are being diligent to make room for her to do that. Most meta supports have/devote resources to getting around the map quickly and impacting stuff beyond where their ADC ventures. Not taking boots or flash widens the impact gap even more, forcing her to depend on other teammates to exert relevant pressure.

Her needs for being reliably successful remind me of Zilean's, who's similarly weak early and helped a lot by having allied targets bulky enough to be in the middle of the fray long enough to set up plays. The early matchups are of course super different: she has plenty of sustain early while he has none and so does substantially better against poke, but he has better options when the allied adc gets engaged on (the double Q plus his E) so has less trouble against initiating lanes. Zilean also has much more convincing initiation himself (before ults come into play). These differences matter later in siege/teamfight contexts as well.

It's easy to prefer champions with overloaded kits and a resource for most situations/needs - there are quite a few supports that fit the bill. Yuumi doesn't have that same kind of flexibility, but in return she doesn't have to think as much and gets to be really reliable at pulling off a few specific things. A lot of caster supports are in the same boat, but Yuumi is unique among these for having even fewer worries in return for even reduced agency. She doesn't have to worry the same way about positioning during teamfights or successfully landing skillshots - these are comparatively easy. But in return, she doesn't get to roam much, she doesn't get to peel much, etc.

Playing her feels like riding a roller coaster hands-free. That's the fun thing about her.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4171 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2019 1:23 am

Post by Psyche »

also i act like she doesn't have a passive post lane so i still have a lot of room to grow with her
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4172 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2019 11:19 pm

Post by Clemency »

as an adc main, nothing more fun than having a 350 mastery point yuumi lock in against lucian-thresh (:
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4173 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2019 11:19 pm

Post by Clemency »

in ranked (: (:
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4174 (ISO) » Wed May 22, 2019 11:22 pm

Post by Clemency »

in plat/dia elo (: (: (:

Return to “The Arcade”