Ultimate Videogame Topic 3: The Next Generation

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2298 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:28 pm

Post by LucianRoy »

I just beat the first Metal Gear Solid, and I absolutely loved it. Should I progress onto the next game in the series? Does it live up to its predecessing title?
"If you look for a ghost, you'll find one."
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2300 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:54 am

Post by LucianRoy »

In post 2299, Iecerint wrote:2 is really polarizing, I think it's the best.

3 is the fan favorite, I think it's pandering after 2 was polarizing but it's still pretty fun to play.

4 is bad.

5 was apparently good.

I'm sold. Should I get Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, or just the normal MGS2 for the Ps2? I know that Substance is the expanded version/ re-release of the Sons of Liberty, but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra dime.
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2311 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:26 pm

Post by LucianRoy »

In post 2308, Iecerint wrote:
In post 2300, LucianRoy wrote:
In post 2299, Iecerint wrote:2 is really polarizing, I think it's the best.

3 is the fan favorite, I think it's pandering after 2 was polarizing but it's still pretty fun to play.

4 is bad.

5 was apparently good.

I'm sold. Should I get Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, or just the normal MGS2 for the Ps2? I know that Substance is the expanded version/ re-release of the Sons of Liberty, but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra dime.

If you have a PS3, I'd get the PS3 HD re-release, which I think includes MGS2, MGS3, and MGS:Peace Walker, which is a consolified version of a solid handheld entry.

Aww man, I heard stellar things about the HD collection, unfortunately, I don't have a PS3. I'm sure it'll still be a great game even if the graphics aren't in HD when I play it.
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3011 (isolation #3) » Thu May 16, 2019 4:23 pm

Post by LucianRoy »

Hi ya'll, anyone play ssb melee? I've been following the scene for ages, but just started taking the game seriously and practicing.
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3029 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:17 pm

Post by LucianRoy »

Just finished metro 2033 redux and I've gotta say it was damn good. Pretty bioshock-esque in terms of driving home the atmosphere of the game above all else, but also a solid action/shooter. I screwed up the librarian level the first time I tried it sooo badly that I ganked all of them and fell down a hole in the ceiling to a blocked off area. Restarting the entire level and playing through it the way the game wants you to was kind of jarring. if ykyk

Also finished hyperlight drifter a minute ago and it was really fun/challenging in a good way. A little on the short side, but I didn't really mind because I was looking for something to fill maybe 8-12 hours. The game itself is gorgeous if you'r into hand-drawn pixel art. Would recommend. Also, use a controller, it makes movement/shooting/chain dashing feel much better on the hands.
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3056 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:38 pm

Post by LucianRoy »

Made the worst financial mistake of my life and bought $3000+ of csgo cases. I am broke now, but I do be killin people with style.

If anyone wants to get a team together sometime just DM me. I like to play a lot of late night Office short matches, and I'm ok on all the maps currently in the circuit. I'm not a fan of Vertigo though, tricky map. My secret favorite map is Train, (as counter terrorist ofc).

If counterstrike isn't your thing, but you like shooters, I also play a lot of BLOPS 3 custom zombie maps, and am looking for a squad in that. My favorite map is a toss up between 1938: Full Circle, Area 51, and Shadows of Evil, (shadows isn't a custom but it's still hella cool). Would be down to play tricky maps too like Plague of Evil or Dead Ship but can't guarantee we'd make it far.

Return to “The Arcade”