Leodanny
Leodanny
Goon
Leodanny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 7:49 am

Post by Leodanny »

I disagree. Nearly everything, your preferences, personality, your skills, all of it changes. Maybe you can’t teach me, but humor is is not something that you are born with, then forever immutable.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 8:21 am

Post by Ramcius »

Sorry, I don't have degree in humans psychology or anything of that sort, so I can't tell if it's true or not.

Do I really have to write "this is a joke, now laugh" at the end of my messages? Cause I'm really trying not to sound serious while trying not to make my jokes to look really pathetic, but I'm at my limits
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 10:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

If you to state it's a joke you're not a very good humorist, now are you /s
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 11:05 am

Post by Jingle »

Everyone knows jokes are funnier if you explain them.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 11:13 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1477, Gamma Emerald wrote:If you to state it's a joke you're not a very good humorist, now are you /s
For example, Gamma here is using sarcasm, which is a method of mockery by which you state an obviously untrue statement dryly, in order to make a point that the joke falling flat is on the shoulders of the person telling the joke. This is funny because Gamma uses the sarcasm tag, /s, which means Gamma thinks that the sarcasm in the joke will be undetected and thus fall flat. The juxtaposition of mocking this need and needing it in the first place is jarring in a humorous fashion. Self aware humor is often of a higher quality than non self aware humor because of this ability to layer jokes.

It's also funny because Gamma is referencing the earlier point when Raucous talked about how good he was at humor and saying that good humorists are capable of making the joking nature of their jokes self evident. Everyone knows that referencing shared experiences, particularly ones with a negative impact like airline food or people who bring up airline food in jokes, is funny. Through this reference, Gamma made his joke a full circle, tying it back to the original conversation, keeping it topical and fresh while also providing a new point of view and ensuring everyone in the conversation has the ability to appreciate it.
This is a Parachute.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 11:24 am

Post by Ramcius »

You, guys, have talent to make leave me speechless after reading your posts
Leodanny
Leodanny
Goon
Leodanny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 11:43 am

Post by Leodanny »

Now you’re getting it.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 12:36 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1480, Ramcius wrote:You, guys, have talent to make leave me speechless after reading your posts
This is funny because Ramcius uses proper grammar, but in a way that vastly changes the intended meaning of his post. In this case, guys is an appositive, meaning that he is directly addressing a specific group of 'You'. Given the contextual clue that You is not 'everyone in the thread', guys likely also isn't 'everyone in the thread' as is the colloquial usage, but rather 'male members of the thread', the more literal interpretation. This means Ramcius is specifically excluding people like Nancy and Ank from his compliment.

Additionally, there's a bit of humor in the misuse of speechless, as this forum doesn't require speech to communicate. Rather we use text, which as most of you are aware can be achieved without even the rudimentary vocal abilities of many animals, let alone the complex vocal abilities required to put together complex thoughts. Even disregarding this, and taking speechless in a more informal "I don't have words to express my thoughts" sense, Ramcius is very clearly misrepresenting reality. And everyone knows that saying something that is clearly untrue is a basic tenet of humor.
This is a Parachute.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 1473, Gamma Emerald wrote:Btw Rask if I'm not mistaken your avatar is a character from Spice and Wolf
Yup!

Gamma is solving, which is a pretty town thing to do. Full towny points to chaos emerald.
deranged and incoherent
?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 1:41 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

A man approaches a widower at a funeral, he asks her “Can I please say one word?”, “of course” replies the widower. “Plethora”, said the man, “Thanks” said the widower “that means a lot”.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 3:41 pm

Post by Jingle »

That's funny because a widower is necessarily a man and you use the word her to refer to him. Also, because "that means a lot" is frequently a response bereaved people give wellwishers, and Plethora literally means a lot.

I can keep enhancing jokes indefinitely.
This is a Parachute.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 3:53 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1482, Jingle wrote:
In post 1480, Ramcius wrote:You, guys, have talent to make leave me speechless after reading your posts
This is funny because Ramcius uses proper grammar, but in a way that vastly changes the intended meaning of his post. In this case, guys is an appositive, meaning that he is directly addressing a specific group of 'You'.
Given the contextual clue that You is not 'everyone in the thread', guys likely also isn't 'everyone in the thread' as is the colloquial usage, but rather 'male members of the thread', the more literal interpretation. This means Ramcius is specifically excluding people like Nancy and Ank from his compliment

Okay, no way this isn’t a joke. :lol:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1484, Not_Mafia wrote:A man approaches a widower at a funeral, he asks her “Can I please say one word?”, “of course” replies the widower. “Plethora”, said the man, “Thanks” said the widower “that means a lot”.
Punny.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 3:56 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1485, Jingle wrote:That's funny because a widower is necessarily a man and you use the word her to refer to him. Also, because "that means a lot" is frequently a response bereaved people give wellwishers, and Plethora literally means a lot.

I can keep enhancing jokes indefinitely.
Yeah thanks, that one 100% required cliff notes.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 6:01 pm

Post by Ramcius »

Jingle, every time you repeat same joke, it becomes less and less funny, just FYI
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 9:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1489, Ramcius wrote:Jingle, every time you repeat same joke, it becomes less and less funny, just FYI
Have to agree on this one. I told this one joke in middle school and my friend took it and told it so many times it lost its value.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
0verki11
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/he

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 11:55 pm

Post by 0verki11 »

In post 1331, Korina wrote:Oh on TOS forums? I haven’t been on there in ages. I stopped playing there after I got blacklisted, and moved to MS instead. If you’re curious who I was on TOS forums, I was
STAA
. However, I’m much more mature now, and I wanna play more mafia and just improve my skills, but I have no time.

Also, as a side-note, I got blacklisted in 14F, and then quit the forums altogether. I ended up moving to here instead as basically a fresh start. If that game was after 14F, I wouldn’t have seen it. The last time I went on the forums was to report someone in TOS.
Im pretty sure I knew this but why did this not click in my head.
0verki11
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/he

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2019 12:00 am

Post by 0verki11 »

Im pretty sure my read on Jingle was tonal
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2019 12:12 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Guys I'm still here. Hola.

Um somebody is still scum? I forgot who :/
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2019 12:14 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 1484, Not_Mafia wrote:A man approaches a widower at a funeral, he asks her “Can I please say one word?”, “of course” replies the widower. “Plethora”, said the man, “Thanks” said the widower “that means a lot”.
Loool
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2019 12:14 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

NM is still locktown
Ankamius
Ankamius